• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble Additions
  • PlayCanvas + 3D Asset Pack + TANX
  • Pro Motion 6.5
  • Humble Bundle Modern DLC Pack
  • Whisper of A Rose
  • 50% off Adventurezalor: When Pigs Fly coupon

Pretty disappointing additions imo. The software isn't on Steam, Whisper of a Rose has been bundled before, and a 50% off coupon is a pretty weak addition to the BTA when the lowest tier has 3 90% off coupons. Also my Steam code for Axis Game Factory: AGFPRO Zombie FPS says I already own that product when I don't so I assume they gave two codes for Zombie Survival Pack DLC instead.

Tizoc

And I didn't dislike it just for the achievements. I thought it was an average game the first time I played it -- as is often the case in my experience, it in no way lived up to the hype the internet seemed to bestow upon it. It was just a mediocre RE4 clone where the weapons lacked impact and there was a crazy Suda51 story with a bunch of juvenile humor that rarely made me laugh. Add in some really strange design decisions and lackluster enemy encounter design and I was not really a fan. But I think when I was done with the first playthrough, I was missing 2 trophies towards platinum and I thought "I might as well get them while the game is fresh in my mind... then I can sell/trade and get a decent value for it" That was a mistake. What little I found enjoyable about the game on my initial playthrough paled in comparison to all of the flaws I found the game to have by the time my third playthrough was completed.

Funny some consider it a good successor to RE4's combat system.

I personally enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm the kind of guy who likes simple gameplay.
If anything I found that games running at proper 60 FPS+no performance issues like screen tearing etc. make a game a much more enjoyable and entertaining experience, which is what SotD needs.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This shit for real? LOL Rocksteady. Sounds like it's as bad as Harley Quinn.

Man WB Montreal was making this, I was expecting something on the level of Cold Cold Heart.

The coolest part about it is solving the puzzles to unlock tapes which tell the (sad) story of the park you're in. But that's optional. The main content is pretty short, with a disappointing -and a bit pathetic- final battle. The concept there is pretty cool, but it's like they didn't have the time or energy to properly flesh it out. It's
Joker+Harley+ a bunch of thugs, but J+H are pushovers. Joker amounts to nothing more than press punch to win.
And for the Harley fans:
She only appears to get her ass kicked at the end, other than that you only get her over comms

Here's hoping the other two story packs are beefier, otherwise this is going to be one overpriced and underdelivering season pass.

This entire concept is shady as hell and I'm not falling for it ever again. They set this steep price, but they never elaborate on what you can expect, other than a vague summary of each entry in the pack. August is only skins and 2 race tracks. It's easy to 'deliver content each month' this way. Why would you release a skin pack, when most people buying your pass are big fans who've already completed the game? It's useless.

madjoki

So the season pass doesn't include ep 1? I assumed it did, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, Complete Season is ep 1-5.
Season Pass is 2-5.

So you need either ep 1 or change to complete season. (Newegg codes are single use, so both must be in same order).

Newegg from europe is hit&miss.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been wanting to play this game for a while but never bought it , it also comes with a 6 hour trial of the campaign as well if anyone is interested.

6 hours barely gets you exposed to the game.

I did enjoy my time with the multiplayer, wonder if they've added more content since launch.

Sober

The coolest part about it is solving the puzzles to unlock tapes which tell the (sad) story of the park you're in. But that's optional. The main content is pretty short, with a disappointing -and a bit pathetic- final battle. The concept there is pretty cool, but it's like they didn't have the time or energy to properly flesh it out. It's
Joker+Harley+ a bunch of thugs, but J+H are pushovers. Joker amounts to nothing more than press punch to win.
And for the Harley fans:
She only appears to get her ass kicked at the end, other than that you only get her over comms

Here's hoping the other two story packs are beefier, otherwise this is going to be one overpriced and underdelivering season pass.

This entire concept is shady as hell and I'm not falling for it ever again. They set this steep price, but they never elaborate on what you can expect, other than a vague summary of each entry in the pack. August is only skins and 2 race tracks. It's easy to 'deliver content each month' this way. Why would you release a skin pack, when most people buying your pass are big fans who've already completed the game? It's useless.
I had no faith in the season pass despite buying it and I was pretty sure that Batgirl was gonna be Harley Quinn's Revenge level of disappointing or more, and that seems right.

Looks like the other "story" DLCs coming out are sidequest fodder, and ... well you've see how crappy the sidequests in Arkham Knight were.

Sober

As was expected re: The Hole Story --

WEicLoL.png

yeesh

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Guys, I'm dumb and need your help...

I posted this in the PC build thread without a response yet

Hi guys :)

I have a little problem and thought I ask here.

I build a new PC last week and started today salvaging the parts from my old rig that I don't need anymore to put them on ebay.

Which brings me to my, probably really easy to solve and a little bit embarrassing, problem.

How the heck do I get my old CPU cooler off? :p

It's a AM3 socket and looks like this:

I bet there is a really simple trick to loose the clamps and get it off, I tried a bit but I just don't get it. Google didn't really help either...

I installed some of these over the years but never had to remove one for some reason until now :p

Sober

I installed some of these over the years but never had to remove one for some reason until now :p
It's cheaper to buy a top end intel cpu and mobo than hoping you can remove an AM3 socket heatsink without giving yourself a heart attack.

The_Super_Inframan

It's cheaper to buy a top end intel cpu and mobo than hoping you can remove an AM3 socket heatsink without giving yourself a heart attack.

I did that already, these are the old parts I used till last week. I want to get the CPU out of the mobo to sell it :p

Sheik

They're up now.

Life is Strange is less than 10$ on Newegg with the code EMCAVKR99.
If you don't have it already, how can you resist?

Is it possible to check out using the American Newegg site if you live in Canada?

edit: Nvm, guess not? You can't select Canada when putting in your shipping address and your shipping and billing address have to match. Bummer. $10 for Life is Strange is such a great price.

The_Super_Inframan

You could just sell mobo and CPU together, so you dont need to uninstall it.

The mobo is dead, that was the reason for the new build in the first place...

And I can't reach the screws that hold the mounting plate either cause of the size of the heatsink :p

Amzin

I had no faith in the season pass despite buying it and I was pretty sure that Batgirl was gonna be Harley Quinn's Revenge level of disappointing or more, and that seems right.

Looks like the other "story" DLCs coming out are sidequest fodder, and ... well you've see how crappy the sidequests in Arkham Knight were.

I liked the sidequests in Knight :( Each had it's own gameplay mechanics tied to it and added quite a bit of variety for me - but I played them as the game allowed, didn't go grind them all at the end or anything, so maybe a much different experience than others.

That being said, I'm not sure a single one of them would qualify as a "story DLC" to me, maybe like 2-3 of them. I honestly would enjoy more.

Sober

I liked the sidequests in Knight :( Each had it's own gameplay mechanics tied to it and added quite a bit of variety for me - but I played them as the game allowed, didn't go grind them all at the end or anything, so maybe a much different experience than others.

That being said, I'm not sure a single one of them would qualify as a "story DLC" to me, maybe like 2-3 of them. I honestly would enjoy more.
Apart from the Watchtowers and Checkpoints, sidequests were:

do a thing

do it 3-6 more times

drive someone back to GCPD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Basically, this:

The idea is that the small retaining clip will be forced downward and will no longer "clip" onto the little plastic lip that's connected to the mounting bracket. This is a huge pain in the ass, especially if it's been locked in place for a while.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
oh dear

We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days.
You’ve requested a bunch of refunds recently. If you’re unsure about a product, make sure to check out the customer reviews before purchasing.

The_Super_Inframan

Basically, this:

The idea is that the small retaining clip will be forced downward and will no longer "clip" onto the little plastic lip that's connected to the mounting bracket. This is a huge pain in the ass, especially if it's been locked in place for a while.

Thanks! So i had the right idea and just wasn't rough enough with the thing, didn't want to break it.

Got it released :)

Nzyme32

Thanks! So i had the right idea and just wasn't rough enough with the thing, didn't want to break it.

Got it released :)

May I recommend doing this on a surface that is both flush with the motherboard and solid - I actually damaged mine by doing it on a surface that wasn't quite solid enough underneath the mobo. There was a discernable crack noise, and it turns out that when the ebayer received it, it was dead

(it was my first time *blush*)

At least they are being a bit open about their thoughts of what constitutes "a bunch"

Amzin

Apart from the Watchtowers and Checkpoints, sidequests were:

do a thing

do it 3-6 more times

drive someone back to GCPD

Yea, you know, play the game :p That's all any game is. The sidequests let them throw more of certain styles of the gameplay at you without it being mandatory. They could have just scrapped the plots of them altogether and made them AR missions but I appreciated the story and dialogue that came with them. If you take the dialogue out the entire game is nothing but a series of AR challenges essentially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom