• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That certainly constitutes a bunch. Why so many?

most recent refund which was yesterday was need for speed hot pursuit. the game just doesnt wanna render max or medium graphics all cards are invisible and sky box is pure grey. i tried many things and nothing worked.

my computer is far and above the recomended. i have no issues running anything else find and downsampling games like witcher 3 etc so yea.

other few refunds have been indie games that just wernt my bag when i thought they would be.

most recent refund which was yesterday was need for speed hot pursuit. the game just doesnt wanna render max or medium graphics all cards are invisible and sky box is pure grey. i tried many things and nothing worked.

my computer is far and above the recomended. i have no issues running anything else find and downsampling games like witcher 3 etc so yea.

other few refunds have been indie games that just wernt my bag when i thought they would be.

I wonder if you keep requesting refunds if they'll temporarily prevent you from doing so or something.

So guys lets have some fun, what is the best and worst game for pc you played this year? Note that it doesnt have to be a game that released this year, only need to have played it. Also, why? Ill go first

Best: Witcher 3, i cant get enough of this game. Now im not gonna lie, the main plot doesnt really interest me much but the side quest are a different story. While the combat is pretty basic i find it challenging and rewarding(playing on hard), and i love LOVEEE monster hunting, best part of the game imo. 36 hours in and im still not even slightly bored of it

Now for the worst: hands down its Dragon Age Inquisition(as some already know :p). How this game was even nominated for goty and won for some sites is beyond me. Everything in this game is such a chore, enemies feel like damage sponges, story is lame, characters are lame, companion side quest are lame(only side quests even worth a damn as the other are very basic mmo style quest that dont even try to hide it like most other games do). It wouldnt have been so bad if they didnt force you to do the trashy collectathon quests to continue the story. Its the first game I ever used a trainer for just to complete the game quicker

Maniac

Banned
Being not-so-subtly labelled childish, a whiner, etc. because I had the "audacity" to say that the sporadic posting of virtually everything that pops up on SteamDB is overdoing it is, frankly, a pretty disgusting response to what was a very mild piece of criticism. It's all well and good that next to nobody agrees, but I expected something more tactful than taking the form of an insular community and going on the defensive.

I mean, I think it's... a reasonable stance, or rather opinion, although I have to disagree with it for the most part. I like the majority of what he posts, sometimes it's a game I'm interested in, sometimes I even end up buying them; sometimes it's a nice article or interview, sometimes it's a humorous turd of a game. I appreciate what he does, although I can certainly understand if someone else doesn't.
I liked Lashman's posts. At least his stuff was on topic and involved information about Steam games, unlike some of the people who bitched about him.

My exact sentiment.
Even the sweetest and most innocent thing in the world first loses all meaning and then becomes something truly evil if used in excess.
Would witch hunt again.
g6cYnyw.png

Additionally I have no idea why some seem to have such a hard time dealing with dissent in a mature manner by for example just dialing down whatever they're doing a bit. Most of the recent meltdowns/disappearances were hilarious and in no way the fault of the community.

I concur, really. Although after your someones initial comment about smilies people just piiiiled on. It was ridiculous really. :p

Chariot

So far?

Best: Europa Universalis IV. Sorry, Witcher 3. I love map painting just too much. It's really amazing how much fun this game is after you put several dozen hours into understanding it. And I only played a bit vanilla and am still at my first Extended Timeline game. Seeing how much hours the Grand Strategy Gaffers have, I am have a lot of fun in front of me. I will never beat 52.

Worst: Sakura Shit Fantasy. This piece of shit is the worst game I played this year, with Sakura Shit Spirit being the worst I played last year. Arkham Knight was bad in the technical sense, but the Sakura games are bad in their very reaking existence as shit stains. They prove a malevolent god, because only a endlessly kind deity could balance out the cold flames of Visual Novel hell where Sakura Satan sits on his throne of piles of usesless dirt that is ranked F in the Arland series. The frequent new releases are the slow rapture of this wretched world to punish humanity for it's sins.

Inquisition's single-player campaign didn't really do anything for me and I didn't get very far in it, but I played the hell out of the multiplayer. It wasn't as good as ME3's, but it was close enough. I only stopped playing it because I got to a point where I could play on Perilous difficulty (hardest) without much trouble, and it was kinda boring after that.

Uzzy

So far?

Best: Europa Universalis IV. Sorry, Witcher 3. I love map painting just too much. It's really amazing how much fun this game is after you put several dozen hours into understanding it. And I only played a bit vanilla and am still at my first Extended Timeline game. Seeing how much hours the Grand Strategy Gaffers have, I am have a lot of fun in front of me. I will never beat 52.

You should join in the GAF multiplayer EU4 sessions next time one starts. Those are great fun.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So guys lets have some fun, what is the best and worst game for pc you played this year? Note that it doesnt have to be a game that released this year, only need to have played it.

Best : Freedom Planet , got all the achievements of that game just to have a reason to keep playing it , so good , hope the extra characters come out soon so i can play it again

Worst : Bombing Bastards , basically tries to be bomberman but it fails , too slow and boring , is not really that bad but compared to the other games ive played this year is the worst

Tizoc

Lalala~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-B714A41FD85735F4 - Taken by Werd. 17 entrants total.

t1436921612z1.png

More like "Get two 970s for the price of one!"
Jelly, I'd bite at that price and try SLI

Me too. I'd swallow my dreams of 8gb VRAM for SLI'ed 970s for less than the cost of a 980.

Worst: Sakura Shit Fantasy. This piece of shit is the worst game I played this year, with Sakura Shit Spirit being the worst I played last year. Arkham Knight was bad in the technical sense, but the Sakura games are bad in their very reaking existence as shit stains. They prove a malevolent god, because only a endlessly kind deity could balance out the cold flames of Visual Novel hell where Sakura Satan sits on his throne of piles of usesless dirt that is ranked F in the Arland series. The frequent new releases are the slow rapture of this wretched world to punish humanity for it's sins.

Holy hot damn, that's a lot of hatred.

And the Devastated Dreams Kickstarter is live. Follow-up to Neverending Nightmares, demo available.

If it's anything like Neverending Nightmares, it will be the worst game released in 2015 or 2016 or whenever it releases. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

GDI GOG Galaxy.
If I install you on a drive, don't fucking save all your patches on my almost full windows drive.

based GOG.

I sent this to a few friends who went and were able to pricematch this at their respective Best Buy locations. They apparently got a different model, thanks to the store clerks and managers not paying attention during the override procedure. Wish I had the scratch, I'd give it a go myself!

I'd go for this, but there's no microcenters within 100 miles of here, I believe, so my only hope is that for some reason this happens tomorrow as part of Amazon's prime day.

Amzin

I wonder when the next time 970's are gonna be that cheap. My rig is holding up fine but I'm on 770ti and sure could use something better. Think I'd have to go full out with new case, mobo, cpu, psu, etc. though so not sure it's worth all that to jump on a deal :p

Parsnip

So guys lets have some fun, what is the best and worst game for pc you played this year? Note that it doesnt have to be a game that released this year, only need to have played it. Also, why? Ill go first

Best: Witcher 3, i cant get enough of this game. Now im not gonna lie, the main plot doesnt really interest me much but the side quest are a different story. While the combat is pretty basic i find it challenging and rewarding(playing on hard), and i love LOVEEE monster hunting, best part of the game imo. 36 hours in and im still not even slightly bored of it

Now for the worst: hands down its Dragon Age Inquisition(as some already know :p). How this game was even nominated for goty and won for some sites is beyond me. Everything in this game is such a chore, enemies feel like damage sponges, story is lame, characters are lame, companion side quest are lame(only side quests even worth a damn as the other are very basic mmo style quest that dont even try to hide it like most other games do). It wouldnt have been so bad if they didnt force you to do the trashy collectathon quests to continue the story. Its the first game I ever used a trainer for just to complete the game quicker

Best... dunno. Maybe Axiom Verge.

Worst, Squirreltopia, no question. It fucking sucks.

Vlad

For the best, Infinifactory, easily. Scratches that same SpaceChem itch while dialing down the difficulty a tad. It's just so damn satisfying to watch your factory do its thing, doubly so if it's horribly inefficient.

As far as worst goes, I think I've gotten lucky this year so far. Looking through my "Never Again" category on Steam, I don't think I've played any of the games in there this year.

That said, I'd have to say GTAIV, simply for being so damn disappointing. I loved San Andreas, and was really looking forward to going through IV after picking up it and the expansions for fairly cheap recently. I still haven't gone through Gay Tony yet (and people have told me that that's the best part), but the base game and Lost and the Damned were just so bland. I get that they were going for a smaller game world, but that doesn't excuse the lack of variety in the missions. Great vehicle handling, but that's about it.

Turfster

There's an option to set the folder to download both games and extras to, worked for me - nothing in Galaxy Install folder at least.

They're both set to the other drive. Was the first thing I did.
It still shits all over my C: drive.

Trust me, this isn't my first rodeo =p

maty

1 more and I join the 1K club :D

6s5vg5B.png

I think I'll get Rocket League for my 1000th game, played it yesterday on my friend's ps4 and it's fucking awesome.

What's the cheapest way to get it? Being from South America my best option is getting it from the mexican or brazilian store, right?

Jawmuncher

The fact that Yager was the dev of this game was the only thing that made me interested in the game after the borefest that was Dead Island 1.

Straight off the wishlist it goes.

I dunno, apparently under Yager they weren't even going to give it a story mode. Which is the only reason anyone talks about spec ops.

Actually having a hard time picking the best game I've played thus far. As a new WoW player I've tremendously enjoyed Warlords of Draenor, I love the questing zones in WoD versus all of the vanilla, BC and WotLK stuff I managed to play through before using the boost. Heroes of the Storm has overtaken Dota 2 as my go-to multiplayer game and I've put about 200 hours into Civ: Beyond Earth since they 2015 update came out.

Worst: Wolfenstein 2009 ~ I love Raven Software but this game felt so damned phoned in and was pretty much everything I was dreading expecting The New Order to be (but ultimately wasn't). Maybe if I had played it when it first came out I wouldn't view it so poorly.

Turfster

Ugh, half an hour of Witcher 3 and I'm good for a while again.
I'll wait for 1.0.7, whenever it drops, and see if they fixed the fucking retardo animation-based movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom