• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished TTG's TWD Season 2. I kind of knew it wouldn't be better than the second one. Still, not bad though. Plus it didn't crash on me once so good news for that.

I finally got Yatagarasu today. Like I said with the demo I really like the way it feels and I already got used to the UI and such. Only real issue I ran into was I tried one game online and despite our ping being pretty good, I think it was 84 or so, I was getting FPS drops in the match.

Really weird. It went to a crawl.

Werd

Ooooh.. I won something. Awesome, was close to buying it during the summer sale.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a 500GB (or 1TB if a great deal) ssd in the Amazon sale. I want to do a fresh install for Windows 10 and the 64GB I have now can't exactly be used for games

uh, so Steam auto-updated twice in the last few hours (maybe once more, even) and suddenly I'm getting a "failed to load steamui.dll" error.

Is there any way to resolve this that doesn't involve restarting the computer a bunch of times and deleting all sorts of files? Can I try redownloading the installer from the site or something?

edit: bah, it's finally working after throwing everything at it

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm really liking TeW, might just grab the season pass as well while it's on sale.

Evil Within I liked a lot, but I'll mention this, the game changes its tone and pacing multiple times through its course. I also liked its DLC, but like the main game, it changes its tone and pacing. The first two DLCs explain the story a lot nicer and show a different perspective, but there's almost no gunplay in the two-part campaign and its almost entirely stealth-based, but despite this they introduce new locations, new enemies, the stealth see's new mechanics and it has some fun twists and turns, including a new villain I'm really fond of. The final boss in the two-part campaign is also extremely cool. The third DLC stars The Keeper, and it's first-person, it's basically an Evil Within arcade game with a loose story and kind of a boss rush. It was actually pretty fun though, and had some fun secrets involved.

I'd say go for it if you like Evil Within's 'experiment with everything' tones it has, not if you like TEW's gunplay and hate its stealth since the first two DLC pieces have hardly any gunplay in them, though have much tenser atmosphere and a lot of original moments, enemies, and locations not seen in the main game, and a pretty solid story. Highlight of all three DLCs though is the boss fights, the DLC I think has better boss fights than anything seen in the main game. The stealth chapters even have boss fights, some where you defeat the boss with a gun, but others in a very different manner, and the last DLC is almost entirely boss fights connected by a hub world.

Turns out the the new Indiegala trade does work. Managed to trade Melissa K and Chompy for Once bitten, Twice Shy and Helena the 3rd. Strangely there is absolutely no notice of someone offering a trade and it was just shear luck I clicked on them and found the offers.

Edit: Once bitten is a dupe, I assume support will fix that though, they guarantee codes.

Didn't want this to get lost with all the BestBuy gift cards that no one is going to get, this is by far the cheapest South Park has been. Just bought it from the US with no VPN or anything, was $6.58 via Paypal.

How is the game if I'm indifferent towards the show? Is it a good rpg in its own right?

Arthea

Yesterday I've played some more of Card Hunter and it was processing moves really slowly, anybody had the same problem? something like a second delay if not more and also loading times are kinda long for such a game, no?

Turns out the the new Indiegala trade does work. Managed to trade Melissa K and Chompy for Once bitten, Twice Shy and Helena the 3rd. Strangely there is absolutely no notice of someone offering a trade and it was just shear luck I clicked on them and found the offers.

I was tempted to try it out, but I had all my keys revealed, that's just how I roll, so that wasn't possible.
No notification is kinda bad, you mean you need to check yourself all the time to see if there is a trade offered? sounds like a hassle.

edited: I'll be very jelly if you'll guys get those $200 cards for $15, that's some crazy stuff.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How is the game if I'm indifferent towards the show? Is it a good rpg in its own right?

I love the game, but I'm a huge fan of the show.
Most of the enjoyment comes from the characters, story and humor. The gameplay itself is just OK imo.

I would pass on it if you are not a Southpark fan

Wok

I already knew Deadpool was removed from the Steam store, but I discover today that it is also the case for:
  • Rusty Hearts
  • Your doodles are bugged
  • Droplitz

I already knew Deadpool was removed from the Steam store, but I discover today that it is also the case for:
  • Rusty Hearts
  • Your doodles are bugged
  • Droplitz

Rusty Hearts was removed? Not surprised. I remember Logitech having a marketing push with free credit for it a few years back... Never tried it. Looked piss poor.

I was tempted to try it out, but I had all my keys revealed, that's just how I roll, so that wasn't possible.
No notification is kinda bad, you mean you need to check yourself all the time to see if there is a trade offered? sounds like a hassle.

Yeah there is no notification on the main page, not on the trade page, nothing in your account and no email. They just appear at the bottom of the page of the individual game you are trying to trade. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious , though it is still in beta.

Kuroyume

Banned
Deadpool sucks cause everyone said it was coming. And I still didn't bother. Now I would like it. Same thing sort of happened with Colonial Marines last year. That's why I've jumped on Korra while it's still up. At least Korra and Deadpool had decent reviews. I'm willing to let Colonial Marines go away again unless it drops below $2 again, or whatever it was.

Caerith

I hadn't watched much of the show before playing the game, then I went back and watched most of the show. It's a decent RPG in its own right, but its main draw is really the writing.

Deadpool sucks cause everyone said it was coming. And I still didn't bother. Now I would like it. Same thing sort of happened with Colonial Marines last year. That's why I've jumped on Korra while it's still up. At least Korra and Deadpool had decent reviews. I'm willing to let Colonial Marines go away again unless it drops below $2 again, or whatever it was.

I paid $2 for Colonial Marines from Amazon. After playing it, it seemed like a fair deal.

KainXVIII

My 1000 game and now i'm officially called Defender of game industry, lol

zt3PI6u.png

Werd

Nuuvem requires extra paypal security now? I've bought from them a dozen times without issue but now it's giving me a message about verification.

I know Paypal isn't actually going to do anything to my bank account, but I'd still rather not link it just to buy some cheap games...

Volimar

Yesterday I've played some more of Card Hunter and it was processing moves really slowly, anybody had the same problem? something like a second delay if not more and also loading times are kinda long for such a game, no?

Yeah it's pretty laggy. I think it's doing server interactions.

oipic

Growing pains, it seems. The Card Hunter devs appear to have been caught out by the spike in server load due to increased demand and player numbers.

They posted a couple of updates earlier stating that a server had been upgraded, and that performance in regard to lag and queue times should now be improved (and would be improved further with another pending upgrade to come).

It's a great game, and I'm pleased (in a way!) to see it having this problem. I'm sure they'll sort it out quickly, they're good peeps.

Arthea

Yeah it's pretty laggy. I think it's doing server interactions.

but I think it wasn't this bad a day before yesterday
not that I'm sure, maybe I haven't noticed it being new and all

Have you tried multiplay yet?
Nor sure how far you are into it, do you happen to come upon some pizzas or power tokens or are these bought for real money only. Tutorial said I'll get tokens later, but I already have bunch of better items that require those and not single one in sight. I also would like to be able to sell my equipable items already.

Growing pains, it seems. The Card Hunter devs appear to have been caught out by the spike in server load due to increased demand and player numbers.

They posted a couple of updates earlier stating that a server had been upgraded, and that performance in regard to lag and queue times should now be improved (and would be improved further with another pending upgrade to come).

It's a great game, and I'm pleased (in a way!) to see it having this problem. I'm sure they'll sort it out quickly, they're good peeps.

good to know that they are taking steps to counter that.

Well, there goes my holiday allowance.
My first pre-order this year. I hope I won't have to refund it. I'm watching you, Bamco. >:|

I'll be off to my hometown tomorrow for several days, I hope I won't miss something huge. The internet coverage is shitty over there. :/

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
I got e-mail from blinkbundle with all my keys, that was nice of them, as they closed without any info issued, I thought that's it, keys are lost.
I know it was mentioned earlier too, but I've just seen e-mail, so sharing good news with those that may have missed it.

That Loot Hero Dragon method totally is not viable option, there is no way to move from dragon to dragon, I need to make at least one level inbetween to take on that dragon location.
Still have something like 35 levels to gain, it's so slow and I'm not sure why am I even doing it, that last achievement curse.

In other news, got to VIP level in Castaway Paradise and grown all crops at least once. I already spent 36 hours with this game, I kinda hoped to be done with 30

It's such a pity that there will be no continuation of Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos, such a pity...

Card Hunter is good fun, interesting system, not fond of microtransactions stuff, but so far it seems to be playable without spending money.
I'm glad you like Castaway Paradise!

We've added new FREE DLC!

Evil Within I liked a lot, but I'll mention this, the game changes its tone and pacing multiple times through its course. I also liked its DLC, but like the main game, it changes its tone and pacing. The first two DLCs explain the story a lot nicer and show a different perspective, but there's almost no gunplay in the two-part campaign and its almost entirely stealth-based, but despite this they introduce new locations, new enemies, the stealth see's new mechanics and it has some fun twists and turns, including a new villain I'm really fond of. The final boss in the two-part campaign is also extremely cool. The third DLC stars The Keeper, and it's first-person, it's basically an Evil Within arcade game with a loose story and kind of a boss rush. It was actually pretty fun though, and had some fun secrets involved.

I'd say go for it if you like Evil Within's 'experiment with everything' tones it has, not if you like TEW's gunplay and hate its stealth since the first two DLC pieces have hardly any gunplay in them, though have much tenser atmosphere and a lot of original moments, enemies, and locations not seen in the main game, and a pretty solid story. Highlight of all three DLCs though is the boss fights, the DLC I think has better boss fights than anything seen in the main game. The stealth chapters even have boss fights, some where you defeat the boss with a gun, but others in a very different manner, and the last DLC is almost entirely boss fights connected by a hub world.

Thank you very much for the input. I actually like the sound of that.

Knurek

Code:
Okay, PCGaf, you mean to tell me instead of using outdated injectSMAA I could've been using ReShade for that all along?
 Why did nobody tell me that? What else am I missing?
 (Did someone implement injectable SMAA T2X? TXAA?)
This sounds interesting -- care to explain for those not in the know?

I assume you know the difference between FXAA (blurry mess) and SMAA (godlike effect)?
It always pissed me off that most devs generally stick to FXAA for postprocess AA, sometimes with no option other than power-hungry (for deferred lighting games) MSAA.

I've been using injectSMAA for games like that, although it's an old tool, not working very well with DX10/11 games.

Luckily there's ReShade (also known as the stuff SweetFX runs on), which has support for both DX10/11 and OpenGL, and allows for other enhancements than SMAA.

Might be worth a look.

I kind of wish someone would find a way to inject SMAA T2x, which uses previous frame data to get rid of a lot of shimmering. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the kind of stuff simple injector can do. :(

Arthea

Fish food draws them closer when their just out of range.

but fish food is hella expensive and not always work!
and more importantly I would like to have a boat

it's just a suggestion

Almost missed this post. It's such a pity, I'm playing through Dysfunctional Systems (which I like a lot) and I can't believe there will be no continuation. They had successful kickstarter, do you know what really happened and why they are closing down.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/431/312/67e.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

yup, I always buy a boat if available, you should too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom