• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I begin to feel bundle withdrawal. You people didn't believe me when I said that it's getting less and less bundly all around last year, but it totally is.

or I have too many games

could it be that bundles sell too little these days and that devs found out that giving 90%+ discount on steam works better?

wut
There's like 4 or 5 bundles running every single week at a minimum

chronomac

Anyone got anything from Prime Day yet? It's been a pretty disappointing start but I did manage to get a pair of Ray-Bans for $35 (thanks in part to a gift card I had).

Arthea

wut
There's like 4 or 5 bundles running every single week at a minimum

I don't buy most as I have all games in them, you surely experience the same effect with your game count.

Also it used to be more than 4-5, some weeks it used to be couple of bundles daily to choose from.
OTOH maybe nobody notices such things *shrugs*

I think I will wait for the "Hideo Kojima" edition.
I heard that guy makes great games...

Hiden who?

We still don't know what he plans to do?

welp, first time I'm having problems trying to buy a game from Nuuvem by Paypal using Hola, it doesn't seem to work.

could anyone help me grabbing South Park?

Anyone got anything from Prime Day yet? It's been a pretty disappointing start but I did manage to get a pair of Ray-Bans for $35 (thanks in part to a gift card I had).

Hoping the better deals show up later today. Only snagged LoTR Extended Blu-Ray for $28.

I have little interest in rewatching, but 80% off man.

Are anyone here PC-only gamers?
I'm thinking of selling all of my consoles (not the PS4 though), but have never tried having so few playing machines.
Yeah, mainly PC all life. Before my first PC I had an Amiga 500 though. What a beast it was. Played PS1 on my cousins very few times but I loved it (MGS1 demo) and SNES one time at a friend, what a great looking console and controller!
Other than that I borrowed a PS3 from my cousin for a while and played loads of exclusives. Really great times. Killzone is my fav FPS series probably!
Would love to have a WiiU (for all the great classics) and PS4 (Sony exclusives are just so fun for me mostly).

Maybe it's a bit weird to ask but I am in search of a PSP. If you are selling it, I'd be interested.
I assume you know the difference between FXAA (blurry mess) and SMAA (godlike effect)?
It always pissed me off that most devs generally stick to FXAA for postprocess AA, sometimes with no option other than power-hungry (for deferred lighting games) MSAA.

I've been using injectSMAA for games like that, although it's an old tool, not working very well with DX10/11 games.

Luckily there's ReShade (also known as the stuff SweetFX runs on), which has support for both DX10/11 and OpenGL, and allows for other enhancements than SMAA.

Might be worth a look.

I kind of wish someone would find a way to inject SMAA T2x, which uses previous frame data to get rid of a lot of shimmering. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the kind of stuff simple injector can do. :(
Neat. Bookmarked.
Wait, ReShade is just SweetFX? Which is the one to get though, ReShade Core, Framework (Running on ReShade) or SweetFX 2.0 (Running on ReShade) ?
Anxiously waiting for Gamersyde :3

I begin to feel bundle withdrawal. You people didn't believe me when I said that it's getting less and less bundly all around last year, but it totally is.

I'm a bit the same. Time for a new Be Mine or a great bundle from Bundlestars or something not craptactular from Indiegala, Monday bundles aside, they're usually pretty good.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't buy most as I have all games in them, you surely experience the same effect with your game count.

Also it used to be more than 4-5, some weeks it used to be couple of bundles daily to choose from.
OTOH maybe nobody notices such things *shrugs*

Hiden who?

We still don't know what he plans to do?

I'm a guy that gets more than 100 games a month mostly from bundles. I've not seen a trend of it slowing down

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000EZGDM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Silent Hill 3 only for $22
is it worth it ?
i feel i need to replay that game

It's the best version of the game by miles. Requires a .ini tweak and a FOV hack to run in modern resolutions, but it looks absolutely gorgeous and will run on just about anything.

EBEF17F4285DF9CC3A39FE5F11CCFCDB5781802B

7EBB8A83B8C245EDF3819AF8A2627169C01D8735

6812B2F6E83B9F79731DFD69EDE19432A13298E2

Damn shame Konami never got around to at least throwing SH2, 3 and 4's ports up on Steam before they checked out.

rtcn63

It's a twilight zone thing. If the world were to mysteriously end and JaseC's the last person left along with the Steam servers, he'll have something to occupy his time.

Hopefully he doesn't wear glasses.

MUnited83

For you.
not really, its about both, you know, bundles worth buying
There's also plenty of bundles worth buying quite regularly, so...
I used to be like you, but what's the point of having thousands of games that are bad and you'll never play? Now I only get the bundles that have games I'm actually interested in playing.
nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

In all seriousness, is like my book collection. There's probably many I won't ever get to in my lifetime, but it is nice to have them if I ever want to read them.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man the way they set up Dishonored, they did everything to make you want to replay it: not only the violence/stealth thing, but also having multiple options to complete the missions. I just went to the party and did the whole thing unnoticed with an easy way out, but I figured out how to go upstairs and get clues, for a minute that was more tempting. Even the maps invite trying out multiple paths, but heck the rooftops/high up is always more fun

This game feels more open world than others calling themselves that.

Arthea

There's also plenty of bundles worth buying quite regularly, so...

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/11/nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif[/img

In all seriousness, is like my book collection. There's probably many I won't ever get to in my lifetime, but it is nice to have them if I ever want to read them.[/QUOTE]

I actually have read every book I have, or tried to and decided it's not worth my time, that would be hundreds of books (I never counted but a lot, especially lately when I went all digital and they don't take any real place anymore). I wish I could say the same about my games, but I can't, although! not all is lost, I just need humanity to discover secret of extreme longevity that I can play them all.

BTW, are there any steamgafers that played all games in their possession?

[quote="NingenJanai, post: 171955379"][SPOILER]Don't make me blush[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

.... that was not a redhead. Are you OK?

[quote="bobnowhere, post: 171955678"]...and then you took a bad bundle to the knee?

[spoiler] Terrible, I know :P[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

that wasn't terrible actually
*chuckles*

BigAT

In all seriousness, is like my book collection. There's probably many I won't ever get to in my lifetime, but it is nice to have them if I ever want to read them.

I didn't think there was much worse than buying games you never intend to play, but this certainly is.

Don't make me blush

Too late.

But, yeah I am glad I didn't fall down that rabbit hole, personally of having a bunch of games I wouldn't play. I already did that with console games when I was younger I guess. Although that was my parents, but, now a days I feel bad for some of the games I got.

BTW, are there any steamgafers that played all games in their possession?
I have but I also only have 100+ games.

.... that was not a redhead. Are you OK?

I hope I didn't break them.

Backlogger

Haven't seen anything interesting yet.

I would hope for some good deals on Steam keys but I am not holding my breath. Amazon hasn't had a really good digital game sale since Amazon Tony left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom