• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

Source? And you'll be able to play them after using VPN to activate which still no one got banned for afaik.

Email from them:

lrMByoP.png

Teeth

Cuphead was promoted as a Win10 game at E3, but it's also coming to Steam.

I don't know anything specific about the Ashen guys' situation, but that's what I can say about ours. And their situation may be similar.

Backlogger

I guess if MCC does it for you... ;)

I was hoping the Prime Day deals might have some sort of nVidia deals so I could spend all my amazon credit... but alas, I'm still without an upgraded video card. :3

Which exclusives are you considering an Xbox One for?

MCC, Halo 5, Crackdown, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and anything else that interests me that might come out in the next few years. Also I want to have a choice on certain console only games to choose between PS4 and Xbox. My guess is I will usually choose PS4 but I like to have the option.

Some of those might end up in the Windows 10 store or even on Steam, but not all of them will.

I also like to have consoles to play certain games. Like Minecraft for example. My son can play that much easier on a console than a PC (plus i don't have to share my PC with him ;)).

Sarcasm

MCC, Halo 5, Crackdown, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and anything else that interests me that might come out in the next few years.

Some of those might end up in the Windows 10 store or even on Steam, but not all of them will.

I also like to have consoles to play certain games. Like Minecraft for example. My son can play that much easier on a console than a PC (plus i don't have to share my PC with him ;)).

ASHEN

MCC, Halo 5, Crackdown, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and anything else that interests me that might come out in the next few years.

Makes sense to me.
We all have our reasons -- I was just curious about your desired exclusives after seeing that thread about the exclusives over on gaming side.-
That thread delivered some laughs for sure...

Isn't that coming to PC too?

Grief.exe

Interesting Secret of Mana inspired Early Access game just launched on Steam the other day. Already has almost 100 reviews and a 98% positive review score.

Secrets of Grindea

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269770

Story mode, roguelike mode, and couch-coop. Developer says the game is already feature complete and stable, just needs time for content.

Cuphead was promoted as a Win10 game at E3, but it's also coming to Steam.

I don't know anything specific about the Ashen guys' situation, but that's what I can say about ours. And their situation may be similar.

I keep forgetting to tack Cuphead onto that discussion since I have asked you guys previously as well.

Thanks for the info.

Eanan

MCC, Halo 5, Crackdown, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and anything else that interests me that might come out in the next few years. Also I want to have a choice on certain console only games to choose between PS4 and Xbox. My guess is I will usually choose PS4 but I like to have the option.

Dont forget Tomb Raider 2. Looks amazing.

Also Dead Rising 3 doesnt run like crap on the XBox one.

Grief.exe

Tomb Raider 2 is looking to be timed exclusive.

What are you talking about?

Sunset Overdrive fits the mold for 3rd party owned IP that would eventually come to PC as well (Dead Rising 3, Ryse).

Microsoft even accidentally released marketing that advertised an Xbox One and PC release.

Tomb Raider 2 is a timed exclusive. While no details are known on future release platforms, it is definitely known that the exclusivity is timed.

Last I knew DR3 was an unstable 30fps on Xbox One... I think there was a patch, maybe, that made things run a little smoother, but I didn't really pay much attention to that after the game came to PC.

Super Ultra Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha DLC would be reason enough for me to play Dead Rising 3 on an Xbox One. If I ever get the system I'll definitely double-dip just for that.

Super Ultra Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha DLC would be reason enough for me to play Dead Rising 3 on an Xbox One. If I ever get the system I'll definitely double-dip just for that.

I still don't understand why Capcom hasn't put this out on PC... maybe some sort of timed exclusivity with MS? It's not like it was GFWL dependent like some of the old Capcom titles on Steam.

Jawmuncher

Indeed

Still curious why it never hit steam, since apparently it was listed as a app or something. Might have dropped it after the performance issues they never fixed.

Would be perfect as a standalone title though for 10 bucks.

Dragons's Dogma would be huge, but I wish Capcom would release the original Dead Rising on PC.

Such a great, quirky game was some pseudo Metroid-vania mechanics where you could trigger certain branching endings and areas with certain items.

Still my favorite in the series. Wish it was on PC as well. Along with the DR2 DLC games, just so the whole franchise can finally be in one place.

Grief.exe

Dragons's Dogma would be huge, but I wish Capcom would release the original Dead Rising on PC.

Such a great, quirky game was some pseudo Metroid-vania mechanics where you could trigger certain branching endings and areas with certain items.

It may be at that price there without you knowing it, though.

I've checked for months the price of a 360 Wired PC (the one with the red packaging) waiting for a deal to go lower than 30-something €, and then one day I realized that the normal 360 Wired (green packaging, not marketed for PC but it's 100% compatible) has been at 20€ all the time.

I'm talking about Amazon Italy, but maybe it's the same for you.
Weirdly I can only see one PC 360 controller and without any packaging o_O It's 28€. Eh.

Any German-Gaf trying to get rid of a PSP?

Backlogger

Yeah, Tomb Raider 2 will eventually come to PC though (right?). Timed console exclusives mean nothing to me since I don't usually buy games when they first come out. Even if I for some reason I do buy a console game knowing there is a PC version available or in the works I almost always end up selling my console version and then buying the PC version at a heavy discount later down the road. The only console games I keep are the exclusives that can't be had anywhere else.

On these points, we most certainly agree.
I loved the original Dead Rising and would rebuy it instantly on Steam to "complete" the collection.

And I've heard great things about Dark Arisen and even have it on PS3 after it was free with PS+. Maybe we'll get lucky if/when Capcom remasters Dark Arisen for PS4/X1 and they'll push it to PC too (or maybe they'll neglect PC as they did with DmC DE).

Interesting Secret of Mana inspired Early Access game just launched on Steam the other day. Already has almost 100 reviews and a 98% positive review score.

Secrets of Grindea

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269770

Story mode, roguelike mode, and couch-coop. Developer says the game is already feature complete and stable, just needs time for content.

Nice. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

I finally picked up Life is Strange from Newegg, so I'm pretty excited to see what it's all about, having avoided most threads and scrolling past posts to keep away from most spoilers. I'm usually not that sensitive about spoilers, but this seemed different, since it seems so story driven. So far, I know a few names and a lot of hype.

I should do a LTTP to let everyone know that I have it but haven't downloaded it, yet.

Eanan

Gears of War 4 is enough reason for me to purchase an XBox One. Dont know if thats coming to PC, id imagine MS might want to keep it exclusive as its a system seller. But thats 18 months away at least.

Teeth

I keep forgetting to tack Cuphead onto that discussion since I have asked you guys previously as well.

Thanks for the info.

For what it's worth, even though it's advertised as a Win10 game, it works on Win7, 8, and 8.1 too. Haven't tried Vista yet and I'm very curious whether it'll run on my old XP rig with a 6850 in it. But we won't have official specs until closer to launch.

Eila

Was Groupees BAGB on pre-order? Be mine 21 is also not available for pre-order. How come?
That Grindaea game looks very interesting. Reminds me of Graal Online. Hopefully it's not empty within a week. I wanted to try NEStalgia but I believe that game was a ghost town by the time it was bundled.

I still don't understand why Capcom hasn't put this out on PC... maybe some sort of timed exclusivity with MS? It's not like it was GFWL dependent like some of the old Capcom titles on Steam.

I'm hoping all it is is a timed-exclusive but I seem to recall one of the developers saying something along the lines of, "it will not come to PC." If I were on Twitter I'd try contacting someone about it to see if, and how long, that still stands.

Indeed

Still curious why it never hit steam, since apparently it was listed as a app or something. Might have dropped it after the performance issues they never fixed.

Would be perfect as a standalone title though for 10 bucks.

So many underappreciated franchises in that DLC. Captain Commando, Rival Schools, Dino Crisis. Depressing to think about, lol.

Yeah, the first Dead Rising is still my favorite in the series. I put so many hours into that game.

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight

nice looking silly sounding p&c game, fully voiced too

virtual reality with games and fun, 0 microtransactions promised (indiegogo project)

classic RPG (on kickstarter too), looks promising
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyptosis/wolfsong

FTL alike, multi roguelike strategy game (it being multi is rather worrisome than other way around)

Limbo alike

good looking platformer (has singleplay and multi)

someone thought there are too little beat'em ups on steam, here you can vote for one more, looks funny too, those special moves!

very nice concept here, a kickstarter adventure platformer

pahamrick

I'm probably in the minority when I say I don't mind playing games at 30fps. Years of being mostly a console exclusive gamer probably helped. Dead Rising 3 plays perfectly for me at 30fps, with everything maxed. No crashes or other problems.

Jawmuncher

I'm probably in the minority when I say I don't mind playing games at 30fps. Years of being mostly a console exclusive gamer probably helped. Dead Rising 3 plays perfectly for me at 30fps, with everything maxed. No crashes or other problems.

I played all of W3 at 30fps and didn't mind at all. A stable frame rate is more important to me over 30 vs 60.

Maniac

Banned

TR2 isn't exactly exclusive, and Dead Rising 3 runs just as well on PC as it does on the Xbone. It has terrible performance on both platforms, whereas I atleast managed a steady-ish 60 on a 780.

Hektor

I played all of W3 at 30fps and didn't mind at all. A stable frame rate is more important to me over 30 vs 60.

Meanwhile: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frameratepolice

Who can guess the admin of the group without looking?

pahamrick

Same here. The only time locking to 30 makes for a worse experience (for me, I mean) is when loading times are somehow linked to framerate. Saints Row 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition are guilty of it, and it annoys me to no end.

Meanwhile: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/frameratepolice

Who can guess the admin of the group without looking?

I'm laughing because I was able to guess correctly, wow.

maty

Sorry if I repeat myself from yesterday but I didn't get an answer. What's the cheapest way to get Rocket League? Being in South America my best options are the Brazilian or Mexican store, am I correct? Or is it cheaper and region free in another region?

Thanks for the help

Annubis

I guess I should pre-order Tales of Zesty before Bamco realizes the Canadian dollar is crashing and they raise the price =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom