• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is Snow Light so expensive?
untitled-12wsql.jpg

More like snow job, right?

VINDICATE ME

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Make a new library folder on the new drive from Steam setting, move Steamapps folder in there, done. May need to restart steam, don't remember.

Okay, then it's fairly simple to move the games.

In Steam, click on Settings, then Downloads, then click Steam Library Folders. Add a New Library Folder on the new drive.

Copy the entire steamapps folder from your D: drive to the the folder on the new drive. Once it's done copying, just delete the steam folder on your D: drive and start steam, Steam should still show all your games as installed.

Nice, thanks :)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So while I was banned I decided to play through the MGS games in prepration of MGS5, I'm done with the first 2 and started the third last night, Really enjoying them so far.

Also the guy complaining about all the animu talk like 50 pages ago, I read that and am here to spite you again
Not really but I'll add this atleast to show that I've lurked and that it's been painfully slow.

CvuzMiY.gif

Jawmuncher

So while I was banned I decided to play through the MGS games in prepration of MGS5, I'm done with the first 2 and started the third last night, Really enjoying them so far.

Also the guy complaining about all the animu talk like 50 pages ago, I read that and am here to spite you again
Not really but I'll add this atleast to show that I've lurked and that it's been painfully slow.

CvuzMiY.gif

Tell me how you enjoy or hate MGS4. I need to Know which camp you're on. Also welcome back

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Tell me how you enjoy or hate MGS4. I need to Know which camp you're on. Also welcome back

I won't be able to play MGS4 as I only own a PC, so either I watch a playthrough of it or I skip it entirely.

Also I had big problems with seeing what fans didn't like about MGS2, had to watch one of those analysis of the game after I finished it to understand what the fans disliked about it.

Sch1sm

I am Jesus, right, I almost always come back. Good afternoon, SteamGAF.

It’s like the 3 weeks flew right by, eh Spirited? I'd like to say I did something productive, but I didn’t. I conveniently locked myself out of my Steam account when I factory reset my phone so I can’t get the SteamGuard mobile authentication - the recovery code doesn’t work, either. Steam Support is taking their sweet time with me here, and I’m getting an error going to my ticket through the support site. RIP. ;-; It’s been a lot of console, but I’ll talk about a few that are available on Steam.

I finally played Thi4f. It isn’t absolutely terrible, but some things are questionable. It should have gone the way Witcher 3 did in terms of introducing people to the story or giving some backstory, but instead you got thrown deep into something that I’m sure most younger players won’t understand. The voice acting is okay, but the sound and the cut scenes, good lord, no. No. Noooo. I miss the mission design of the older Thief games. The stealth portions are okay, I’ll give it that. If you play on Master Thief difficult, the AI smartens up enough to create something of a challenge. You know. The challenge I clearly didn’t get since I only upgraded two things the entire game. :lol

Ryse: Son of Rome is beautiful. That’s all I’ve got for that game. I felt like I was a drunken toddler who doesn’t realize there’s walls in front of her a lot of the time. At least it wasn’t a total button masher, not that it was difficult to neutralize enemies without that. I wasn’t happy with the lack of exploration possibilities, that’s for one. At least it was short. I doubt I’ll go ahead and play co-op any time soon.

I played some Telltale stuff. The Game of Thrones ones, specifically. They only have 1-3 out, I think, but I found myself sitting in what the actual hell is going on from the start of the first episode. Chronology must be dead, because as someone who’s read and watched GoT, it starts off in book 3/4, season 3 final episodes instead of, well, the beginning? I don’t see anyone who isn’t a fan getting into it as easily as you could put yourself into Tales from Borderlands. Some things are entirely unavoidable no matter what choice you make - I went through the episodes two or three times each to see if I did x thing different would y happen, and most of the time that wasn’t the case.

I’ll finish with saying ES:O isn’t what I expected and I’ve spent an unhealthy amount of time playing it.
I apologise to Bethesda for dissing it so thoroughly when I was in its beta. It’s actually been enjoyable.

——————————

Just going back a few pages I see Rayman Legends. Those rhythm levels are some of the best things I’ve ever come across in a 2d platformer. I loved that game. So much.

Mivey

Does anybody here know if nuuvem has ROW keys for Wolfenstein New Order? I can't buy them directly from the store, but I do remember reading that they activate normally in Austria.

Also, my first time being banned. For something completely oblivious too. Well, at least I learned my lesson: Never quote anybody linking to GAF proper.

Jawmuncher

I liked MGS4, completed it 3 times. Does that put me in the good camp or the bad camp?
Just like knowing what people think of the game. I personally dislike it. As for camps, everyone likes or dislikes different stuff so it not a big deal.

I won't be able to play MGS4 as I only own a PC, so either I watch a playthrough of it or I skip it entirely.

Also I had big problems with seeing what fans didn't like about MGS2, had to watch one of those analysis of the game after I finished it to understand what the fans disliked about it.
Aside from the ol switcheroo, I like MGS2. That version of raiden is actually my favorite. Still I would have loved the whole game to be about Snake or a campaign that showed what he was doing during big shell. Though I know that conflicts with the deeper meanings and such.

Does anybody here know if nuuvem has ROW keys for Wolfenstein New Order? I can't buy them directly from the store, but I do rememer reading that they activate normally in Austria.

Also, my first time being banned. For something completely oblivious too. Well, at least I learned my leasson: Never quote anybody linking to GAF proper.

Welcome back. As for the keys, I don't recall anyone actually grabbing from nuveem. Hopefully someone else can say whether they work or not.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm getting some money for an upgrade to my PC in the end of this months so will buy myself a noctua cpu cooler, samsung evo 850 250 GB SSD and last but not least a R9 390.

Hoping they will work fine as they will be this years significant upgrade to my PC.

Yes, but what do you do?

You didn't watch the video, huh?

Eanan

So just to be clear, before I buy Alien Isolation on Nuuvem tomorrow when its on sale, theres no runtime region lock, just an activation lock?

pahamrick

The right camp. I played that game like nothing else existed until the servers just up and died.

/nobias >>
Right on.

Just like knowing what people think of the game. I personally dislike it. As for camps, everyone likes or dislikes different stuff so it not a big deal.

Aside from the ol switcheroo, I like MGS2. That version of raiden is actually my favorite. Still I would have loved the whole game to be about Snake or a campaign that showed what he was doing during big shell. Though I know that conflicts with the deeper meanings and such.

I liked it, but there's a lot I disliked about it. Didn't really care for the entire third act, it seemed to kill the pacing and dragged too long for me. The war economy was an interesting idea, but it seemed more like a beta test for the system used in Peace Walker (And now MGSV) and didn't really fit MGS4 that well, to me anyway. I didn't care much for the ending (I think the original planned ending would have been better.) Hated the whole gun fight marriage proposal, ect.

There hasn't been a single Metal Gear game that I've played that I wouldn't replay, for what it's worth.

As of right now I'd rank my order of preference in the following:

MGS1 Original, MGS3, MGS2, MGSV:GZ, MGS1: TTS, MGS4.

Maniac

Banned

Please spoiler that shit, animoo causes me physical pain.
Nope. Clicked link, saw it was a 'parody' and closed it. I guess the 'what do you do' schtik is pretty old at this point.

But what do you do in it!?
ayaFYl6.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is Snow Light so expensive?
untitled-12wsql.jpg

Given the reviews it's getting, they probably jacked up the price to keep people from buying it and adding more negative reviews.

This reminds me of a scam I thought of where I'd release a shitty game on Steam and price it as high as possible to intentionally discourage people from buying it.

Then I'd generate keys and sell them in as many shitty bundles as possible, attracting people who think they are getting a good deal.

I sell a ton of unrefundable copies and buy thousands of Snickers brand candy bars with the proceeds.

Caerith

This reminds me of a scam I thought of where I'd release a shitty game on Steam and price it as high as possible to intentionally discourage people from buying it.

Then I'd generate keys and sell them in as many shitty bundles as possible, attracting people who think they are getting a good deal.

I sell a ton of unrefundable copies and buy thousands of Snickers brand candy bars with the proceeds.

You should fund development of your shitty game by releasing a clone of, like, Rock n' Roll Racing or something, then generating a ton of keys before it gets removed from the store and selling those keys offsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom