• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I'm not going to post anymore

bye

and when I say I'm not going to post anymore this isn't like other people in the thread who say they are not going to post and then will post 10 times an hour afterwards

Who's going to tell us about DRAGON: THE GAME now?

FLD

Did you expect it to be on Steam? I know I didn't.

Nah, this isn't unexpected at all. I was just hoping they'd be smarter than that.

With a little bit of luck, it'll bomb horribly and we'll get a late Steam release like with FFVII and the Beamdog games.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ozium taught me everything I needed to know about DRAGON: THE GAME

Jazz573

Dysfunctional Systems is one of those games that was bundled before it was on Steam, wasn't it? Do you think that might have contributed to Dischan going out of business, most of their sales being reduced to fractions of a dollar? Because garbage like Sakura Spirit doesn't seem to be doing poorly.

In my post I linked to Dischan's blog, which explains everything that happened.

rtcn63

Did you suck his dick for it, too?

8-21-jump-street-quotes.gif

Caerith

yeah, that argument was nicely done, my only gripe with Chaos that
there is no possibility to turn argument more into consequences of an untested nuke firing and stopping that disaster altogether
, other than that it's nicely done.

I think that usually there are good reasons why devs resort to bundling an unfinished game, that they need any money to finish it, any at all. Sakura sold better than even Higurashi, what else can be said...
I'm sure future episodes would have dealt with the consequences, but I really don't think they could have possibly
stopped the disaster
with the information or time they had available to them.

In my post I linked to Dischan's blog, which explains everything that happened.

I saw, but it really only says that sales were languishing, not why they were languishing.

Nzyme32

I would challenge this attitude since this is a point of view and a way of challenging developers. If people don't care or don't want it, they won't support it or argue when 30fps games appear - yet often we have seen this isn't the case. In which case, this is a good way of highlighting 30fps titles and letting people decide what to do. No one is forced to do anything, but there is also a clear indication that people want 60fps games, not because they are entitled to it, but because they want it and often do not tolerate not having the option.

Jazz573

I saw, but it really only says that sales were languishing, not why they were languishing.
except it doesn't? Or am I missing something?

These links should clear it up a bit:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150418074645/https://dischan.org/blog/2014/01/dischan-state-of-affairs/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dischan/dysfunctional-systems/posts/1098187

It seems this latest post on the blog is the only post. However, the Internet Archive says otherwise. I had to use it to access the first link. I'm really not sure why the other blog posts were deleted.

I also saw this in the latest blog post:

"Generally speaking, I will not respond to emails. There is little reason for me to do so."

I really don't like this kind of attitude.

Edit:

This post is also helpful:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150418...015/01/dysfunctional-systems-what-went-wrong/

Caerith

I would challenge this attitude since this is a point of view and a way of challenging developers. If people don't care or don't want it, they won't support it or argue when 30fps games appear - yet often we have seen this isn't the case. In which case, this is a good way of highlighting 30fps titles and letting people decide what to do. No one is forced to do anything, but there is also a clear indication that people want 60fps games, not because they are entitled to it, but because they want it and often do not tolerate not having the option.

I think using a curator group to try to shame developers is among the worst possible ways to bring about change. Go to any of the store pages that are being "shamed" and all you see is +1 to the number next to "recommended by curators." Doing it this way helps to promote games with locked framerates.

A better way to do it would be to make a curator group promoting games with unlocked framerates, to aim for a positive rather than a negative, but that would assume a goal of making games better rather than just stroking TB's ego.

FLD

I'm guessing they renewed the license in an attempt to cash in on the upcoming movie's hype. That's actually kind of a smart move. It probably wasn't all that expensive to renew it.

Hektor

Im not special anymore because i was one of the lucky few who owned it? Fuck.

On a more serious note, despite beeing mechanically a bit lacking and the level design beeing mostly grey its a very enjoyable game and the more people get the chance to play it the better.

Its a minigun of jokes, even if the most shots dont hit, you'll still be dead by laughter within a few seconds.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/245760/header.jpg[/IMG

Sorry if this has already been posted but Newegg has Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle for $12.50. This is the lowest price with the DLC included. Previous low price was $16.50.

Not a great game, but I will probably grab this in case it ever gets pulled from Steam.

[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832133373[/url][/QUOTE]

... still too expensive! Stallion told me it's a bad game, I need a price of a bad game, then I'll buy.
[SPOILER]just because Transformers[/SPOILER]

I much prefer 60FPS but I don't really have a choice when it comes to console games so I begrudgingly accept 30FPS. That being said, it's a real shame when games still can't maintain even 30FPS (*cough* Bloodborne) but there's no reason that PC games shouldn't offer a choice of frame rates, not just 30 and/or 60.

Backlogger

... still too expensive! Stallion told me it's a bad game, I need a price of a bad game, then I'll buy.
just because Transformers

I would normally agree about waiting for a better price (I wait for GOTY games to be $5 or less) but we are talking about Activision here. Maybe it will get a bit lower, maybe the game will get pulled from Steam. Who knows? Its a gamble.

Anteater

guess i'll give ghostbusters a go, always wanted to play it

dragon age inqusition continues the bioware tradition of terrible hair selection, the modeling is pretty nice though

Jawmuncher

yeah, that argument was nicely done, my only gripe with Chaos that
there is no possibility to turn argument more into consequences of an untested nuke firing and stopping that disaster altogether
, other than that it's nicely done.

I think that usually there are good reasons why devs resort to bundling an unfinished game, that they need any money to finish it, any at all. Sakura sold better than even Higurashi, what else can be said...

wait a moment, their kickstarter failed? For some reason I was sure it was successful. Or you mean they failed to make a second chapter?

I wish I knew why it ended how it ended but I don't. I've also read on their blog that they are still doing refunds as much as they can.

It got funded but they bit off more they could chew. They blew the budget on making a chapter 1.5 that they never even released.

Backlogger

I thought we are safe till after winter sale, you think we aren't?

I don't know enough about it to comment honestly. I am just pointing out its the lowest its ever been so far and if you have any concerns about it getting pulled and you are comfortable with the $12.50 price point then go for it.

Edit: actually its $10.62 with code EMCAVKR99

Eanan

I got that deadpool game for like €2 on ps3 a while ago. It's pretty muck. There's so much better ways to spend your time. Utterly forgettable

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

oh man , and people bought the season pass for the PC version too

Still waiting for my free Season Pass

I'm not going to post anymore

bye

and when I say I'm not going to post anymore this isn't like other people in the thread who say they are not going to post and then will post 10 times an hour afterwards

image.php

I don't believe you.

Well shit. Guess my rare game isn't so rare anymore.

MUnited83

For you.
yeah about that... We kept saying that about EA and Ubi too. People go where games they like are, at least most of them. And people went for GFWL games too, just reminding.
Ubu doesn't have a single exclusive on Uplay, so that doesn't really apply, like, at all.

Buraindo

guess i'll give ghostbusters a go, always wanted to play it

dragon age inqusition continues the bioware tradition of terrible hair selection, the modeling is pretty nice though

All those options in the character creator and there's no proper black hair.

I'm not so sure about Dragon Age Inquisition so far, combat feels off and enemies seem to take forever to fight and looting stuff is a pain. On the other hand the game looks really nice and runs relatively well on my ancient PC

I think I'll play Valdis Story next. Looks like my kind of game.

zkylon

zkylewd
hello peoples, missed you all

apparently i had an extra copy of eternity so here ya go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- no urus allowed

4XlArOm0.jpeg

pillars of eternity hero edition -- MB-094B102CDF03B380 - Taken by gurm3n. 19 entrants total.
t1437015043z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom