• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, someone on Reddit yesterday suggested that Steam should interact with other APIs, and the top comment was how this should be included in Enhanced Steam.

Well, here's my stab at it:

15vJgB3.png

Basically, Enhanced Steam will look for a Twitch link in your profile info box, and if it finds one will query the Twitch API to see if you're currently streaming. If you are, it will pull the details and add them to a new "Live now on Twitch" box at the top of any other profile customization boxes. What do you guys think?

BTW, I've found it really enjoying actually writing a new feature again based on a suggestion, rather than responding to what is basically hate mail.

Put me down for the pro-mgs4 list

well, it's not really a list if there's only one entry

So, someone on Reddit yesterday suggested that Steam should interact with other APIs, and the top comment was how this should be included in Enhanced Steam.

Well, here's my stab at it:

Basically, Enhanced Steam will look for a Twitch link in your profile info box, and if it finds one will query the Twitch API to see if you're currently streaming. If you are, it will pull the details and add them to a new "Live now on Twitch" box at the top of any other profile customization boxes. What do you guys think?

that looks great! and it's pretty smart, too.

fantomena

Its a really great game. I highly recommend to play New Game + after you've finished it. Its pretty challenging, but insanely fun. I'd love to see this game getting a Level-Editor or something, i crave for more content.

Since Ive heard it's kinda short I'd probably do the NG+.

pahamrick

BTW, I've found it really enjoying actually writing a new feature again based on a suggestion, rather than responding to what is basically hate mail.

I like the twitch idea, pretty slick.

As far as the hate mail is concerned, and I admit this is kind of petty of me, but have you ever considered making up some kind of pre-written response to send to them?

Something along the lines of

"This is an automated message, for support please contact support@steampowered.com."

I know that's not a valid email address

Arthea

guys, Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos is a real thing, it would make a good TV series, good books series and good VN series, possibilities are basically endless with that premise, instead we got one chapter (a good VN that) and that's it. We totally should mourn Dischan, trust me on this.

Looks like Ashen is indeed coming to Steam

https://twitter.com/aurora44games/status/621423682783567872?s=15

Seems like Microsoft isn't forcing Windows store integration onto their published titles.

Confirmed Win 10 Store
Gears
Gigantic

Confirmed Steam
Cuphead
Ashen
Below

good news if will turn to be true

derExperte

Maybe Rogue Legacy wore me down but after about 1/2 of You Must Build A Boat I think I'm done, too repetitive, too grindy, too unexciting.

yeah about that... We kept saying that about EA and Ubi too. People go where games they like are, at least most of them. And people went for GFWL games too, just reminding.

I don't buy EA or Ubi games, although i admit i was never a fan of their games in the first palce.

Caerith

guys, Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos is a real thing, it would make a good TV series, good books series and good VN series, possibilities are basically endless with that premise, instead we got one chapter (a good VN that) and that's it. We totally should mourn Dischan, trust me on this.
I really liked the argument tree in Dysfunctional Systems. It's not like other VNs on Steam where you get halfway through the game and then pick your ending, but you had to argue and defend your case and how you did determined how the rest of the story played out.

Dysfunctional Systems is one of those games that was bundled before it was on Steam, wasn't it? Do you think that might have contributed to Dischan going out of business, most of their sales being reduced to fractions of a dollar? Because garbage like Sakura Spirit doesn't seem to be doing poorly.

Dsyndrome

What's up everybody?

Only game I beat recently is Her Story, totally in the
twins
camp for the ending explanation. Recently moved to California and got better internet, still no household goods so we're sleeping on an air mattress. Back in school, and it seems like I have less free time compared to when I was doing actual work. Hopefully it changes and I'm not reduced to bouts of Clicker Heroes solely.

Anyone get a shipping confirmation from that Best Buy mistake? I'll do 80 jigs if it actually goes through.

Jawmuncher

good news if will turn to be true

I wonder if they ever partially refunded me. I backed the failed kickstarter and had nothing to show for it

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I have a really hard time with 30fps and when there is so many games that I want I'll probably just skip it if it's 30fps.

They lose a purchase, I'm not entitled to anything but if someone else is providing a better service then why would I buy theirs.

OFC not all games is as dependent on 30 fps, won't complain in for example turn based games.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I also bought rocket league yesterday, has some good fun with a few friends in matchmaking.

But damn it's hard to fly, and I also have a hard time not driving up walls, lol.

Grief.exe

What's the context behind these posts?

I have a really hard time with 30fps and when there is so many games that I want I'll probably just skip it if it's 30fps.

They lose a purchase, I'm not entitled to anything but if someone else is providing a better service then why would I buy theirs.

OFC not all games is as dependent on 30 fps, won't complain in for example turn based games.

I feel the same way.

I can play through a game on Uplay, or at a forced framerate/resolution, but it significantly lowers the value of the game for me.
If all other factors are equal, I will go with another game that meets my requirements.

Chariot

How fast people forget. We in Europe fought multiple war over the FPS rate. Remember the 30 fps war? The 100 fps war? The first world problems war?!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the best thing about pc games is that when you buy them, they get better with age. playing a 10 year pc game is way better now than at release. higher resolution, fan mods with better textures, all the bugs fixed, etc.

so when you make a game that's 30 capped and can't be uncapped, you basically say "even ten years in the future when machines are dozens of times better, my game should not scale up. it should be like this forever."

💩

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
What's the context behind these posts?

I feel the same way.

Probably in response to Totalbiscuit making a steam curator for games at 30fps.

I don't think hes using it to shame companies, probably just to help people see if it has a 30fps lock and how/if you can remove it.

Hektor

Batman: Arkham Knight's Batgirl DLC is one hour long, does not sound very good

oh man , and people bought the season pass for the PC version too

People who pre-order the season pass for a game series that is notorious for delivering mostly underwhelming dlcs have no one to blame but themselfs imho. Fool me once etc.

having finished Ep1 today, i agree. gonna be a wild ride through ep 2 and 3

You're in for a wild ride, but you won't regret it.

What nonsense is this? Of course everybody has the right to have 60 FPS. Its their money. If they think its not worth their money at 30 FPS then its their right to say so and not buy it. Its the dev who wants to sell his product. He has to adhere to the demands of the consumer. And if the consumer demands 60FPS he has to deliver.

I understand that people like TB take that to an embarrassing level with stuff like "30 FPS are broken by design" but if they feel that way its their right to express this and "vote with their wallets"

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm not going to post anymore

bye

and when I say I'm not going to post anymore this isn't like other people in the thread who say they are not going to post and then will post 10 times an hour afterwards

Came out of nowhere.

Not even any drama before leaving what is this, well see you when you're back.

Arthea

I really liked the argument tree in Dysfunctional Systems. It's not like other VNs on Steam where you get halfway through the game and then pick your ending, but you had to argue and defend your case and how you did determined how the rest of the story played out.

Dysfunctional Systems is one of those games that was bundled before it was on Steam, wasn't it? Do you think that might have contributed to Dischan going out of business, most of their sales being reduced to fractions of a dollar? Because garbage like Sakura Spirit doesn't seem to be doing poorly.

yeah, that argument was nicely done, my only gripe with Chaos that
there is no possibility to turn argument more into consequences of an untested nuke firing and stopping that disaster altogether
, other than that it's nicely done.

I think that usually there are good reasons why devs resort to bundling an unfinished game, that they need any money to finish it, any at all. Sakura sold better than even Higurashi, what else can be said...

I wonder if they ever partially refunded me. I backed the failed kickstarter and had nothing to show for it

wait a moment, their kickstarter failed? For some reason I was sure it was successful. Or you mean they failed to make a second chapter?

I wish I knew why it ended how it ended but I don't. I've also read on their blog that they are still doing refunds as much as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom