• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bundle extras from the last few weeks.

huh. Higurashi is on Steam? What's the difference between that version and the one I have on groupees?
spectre_what.gif

Tenrius

REmake is kinda weird. Even relatively insignificant FPS drops (from locked 30 to 23-24) make all the animations really slow, like moving in glycerine or something. Since I haven't been able to fix my laptop's overheating problem yet, I'll have to stick to the PS3 version for the time being.

Looks like Ashen is indeed coming to Steam

https://twitter.com/aurora44games/status/621423682783567872?s=15

Seems like Microsoft isn't forcing Windows store integration onto their published titles.

Confirmed Win 10 Store
Gears
Gigantic

Confirmed Steam
Cuphead
Ashen
Below

I'm pretty sure KI is Win 10 Store.

200.gif

Did you expect it to be on Steam? I know I didn't.

It had about the same probability as The Pope shitting in the woods.

It's a genuinely awful game, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even hardcore deadpool fans.

Disagree completely.

I bought a steam code for 10 bucks from gamestop or gamefly because someone said it was about to be pulled and then it was. Wasn't worth it.

$10 was a steal. The game was ridiculous fun.

Uh...I think I experienced a game breaking bug 90% of the way through Ori and the Blind Forest. I think I'm stuck as a result.

What's the problem?

Jawmuncher

REmake is kinda weird. Even relatively insignificant FPS drops (from locked 30 to 23-24) make all the animations really slow, like moving in glycerine or something. Since I haven't been able to fix my laptop's overheating problem yet, I'll have to stick to the PS3 version for the time being.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's because the game is made to be no lower than 30. So anything lower throws things off.

BigAT

What's the problem?

Pretty sure I've done all I can do in Mount Horu and the lava won't drain all the way. I got what appeared to be an animation of it happening, but it's not gone. Searched and it seems like there are some other people that had this problem as well.

Dsyndrome

Just noticed that Arkham Knight graduated to MIXED from MOSTLY NEGATIVE sometime in the last three weeks. How did that happen, all the refunded folks' reviews getting negated?

Was it the original PC version of SA or the recent mobile port that replaced SA thats rather broken?

This is actually a good question.

The original one was pretty good but this Android version is uhh. Well.

Just noticed that Arkham Knight graduated to MIXED from MOSTLY NEGATIVE sometime in the last three weeks. How did that happen, all the refunded folks' reviews getting negated?

Could be people changing their reviews after the first patch?

Pretty sure I've done all I can do in Mount Horu and the lava won't drain all the way. I got what appeared to be an animation of it happening, but it's not gone. Searched and it seems like there are some other people that had this problem as well.

I remember there being a few sort of strange triggers to get the lava to drain futher... but I've already forgotten a large part of that game. Maybe try watching a walkthrough of the area to see if something rings a bell as potentially new/missed to you?

Anteater

I remember there being a few sort of strange triggers to get the lava to drain futher... but I've already forgotten a large part of that game. Maybe try watching a walkthrough of the area to see if something rings a bell as potentially new/missed to you?

There was a room with a locked gate where you need to kill everything (i believe they were plants or something like that) to unlock, I remember missing that and was stuck there the entire night when I was playing it drunk.

Dsyndrome

i already have that one spoiler of that one thing in ep 3 with chloe and max. maybe thats why i made those decisions i did. if i wasn't aware of that, i might have made an early decision diffrently

am i a bad person?

Foreknowledge of the future fucks shit up in the present. There's probably a law about it somewhere.

dex3108

Dontnod said that wait is almost over and that ep. 4 is most ambitious one. So my guess this week or next one we will get release date.

iosefe

Dontnod said that wait is almost over and that ep. 4 is most ambitious one. So my guess this week or next one we will get release date.
Good. I really need to get ep 3 done tomorrow

______
But you know. That's some damn good stuff that knowing a tiny spoiler would change everything. That seems to be the point of the game, evidenced by the butterfly notification for when you make decisions

I doubt Marvel's license fees are cheap.

They've got Disney Interactive, a fuck-ton of character licenses and more money than God. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take game publishing rights for some of these characters (especially Spider-Man) back from Activision in the next couple of years.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
huh. Higurashi is on Steam? What's the difference between that version and the one I have on groupees?
spectre_what.gif

Groupee version is the old version of the game, it has the old translation and the sprites look like this:

inpdpya.jpg

(that's how they originally looked).

The Steam version is an updated version being released chapter by chapter, including bonus chapters that weren't in the original release. All the artwork is being re-done, and the translation is being done again to make it more accurate and accomplished, plus the new version is made in Unity so it's easier to mod and has HD comparability. You can also decide to use the original sprites if you want to for some reason. Here's the updated artwork sprites, though:

ss_c4eb2f247877ad15584f3a5afbb8eaa87189c970.600x338.jpg

REmake and RE4 were both made for the Gamecube, on engines that slow the game down if it reaches FPS below the desired FPS. Either turn your FPS to variable, set it down to 30 if it can't handle 60, but I believe turning V-Sync or something like that in the game gives you a huge performance boost.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Life is Strange I need to replay soon.

In Episode 2, I was about half-way done but made a choice and didn't want to use rewind energy, so I tried to restart from checkpoint...

Completely corrupted my save file, I now have to start again from the beginning... Being me, I had took over 5 hours in episode 1 because I had looked at everything and really taken my time to immerse myself, and was doing the same in episode 2, but gaahhhh.

So I bought a couple of games tonight (Darkspore and Bulletstorm LE for Origin) and have to deal with the horror that is GFWL. What a garbage system.

Chariot

Halp, got the map painter munchies. I want a game where I conquer zones on a map in a sandbox way, so no linear campaign. I already pkayed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Sengoku, the Total War Games and Dawn of War. I am so close to buying Red Dragon just for sonething.

Halp, got the map painter munchies. I want a game where I conquer zones on a map in a sandbox way, so no linear campaign. I already pkayed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Sengoku, the Total War Games and Dawn of War. I am so close to buying Red Dragon just for sonething.

Wargame: Red Dragon? Dunno about that for singleplayer, they haven't had a good SP since European Escalation. Have you tried Hearts of Iron 3 or Victoria 2? Albeit, both suffer retroactively by playing modern Paradox games in my opinion. I guess Endless Legend works in a Civish kind of way.

More edits: Mount&Blade: Warband SP mods are always a good "map painter" I guess, my suggestion is L'aigle

Grief.exe

I'm liking Total Biscuit's Framerate Police curator. Valve took away useful information from the tagging system, the community can do one better.

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/9393382-The-Framerate-Police/

Was it the original PC version of SA or the recent mobile port that replaced SA thats rather broken?

I played the original version, but that same rhetoric used to exist for that version as well.

Steam App update is finally officially pushed on Google Play Store.

It's been there all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom