• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Just played some Yatagarasu matches against Leafhopper. That game is really fun and the netcode seemed really good as well once you adjust the frame delay. Hope they will finish the GGPO implementation soon though.

I really recommend the game if you are into fighting games and can deal with the ugly UI.

There's a demo on Steam as well.

dex3108

I bought a 1tb Samsung 850 EVO for half off.
Really glad I didn't buy the 500gb version a few months ago.

I also bought a bunch of Blu Rays for what I would consider a steal. Thanks Amazon.it and your awesome 5x50% off on titles you already discounted.

I was pretty pleased :p

I could only watch those hardware deals. (just to paint the bigger picture GTX 970 here at my place is 400+ euros) :(

dex3108

UPlay is not that bad anymore. Yeah saves are sometimes deleted if you are using Cloud Sync (i personally never had issues with hat) but everything else works just fine. They started to convert older titles to new system so for example AC# and Blacklist no longer require to be patched with patch by patch. And they are still adding features to Client.

Arthea

Apparently Shiness (EA) will be released at the end of this month, but as it was already postponed one time, I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.
Still if it releases this month, hopefully price will be affordable. Full release is planned still in the beginning of 2016. I probably will just wait for full release anyway.

edited: and great news (at least for me)
Celestian Tales: Old North has a store page already

release date: 11th of August
seems to be full release, not EA

world map?
ss_f32e97a5dbc16d7204939b50d75e6268a9b90b8f.1920x1080.jpg

that disclaimer!

edit2: where is everybody? It's awfully quiet in here

milena87

I could only watch those hardware deals. (just to paint the bigger picture GTX 970 here at my place is 400+ euros) :(

At first, it was almost 500€ here in Italy as well. Now that many more are selling it, it can be found for 340€+.

But yeah, nothing beats the insane deals that we sometimes see from the US. I'm just glad that this time we saw something interesting here in Italy as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Dishonored, low Chaos. Too bad I got some accidental deaths on my run (like 4 total?) I had like 6 or 7 missions with 0 deaths. I'm guessing you probably can't just replay those to get the 0 kills achievement.

Don't know if I'll jump into the dlc immediately or play something else first. But I absolutely loved this game.

Deques

Finished Dishonored, low Chaos. Too bad I got some accidental deaths on my run (like 4 total?) I had like 6 or 7 missions with 0 deaths. I'm guessing you probably can't just replay those to get the 0 kills achievement.

Don't know if I'll jump into the dlc immediately or play something else first. But I absolutely loved this game.

Nope, you must play through the game in one playthrough to get the 0 kills achievement. You can always restart a mission if you see deaths in the result

Hektor

derExperte

Evoland 2 looks surprisingly great. Now let's see if they can keep the quality level up throughout the game this time.

Steam reviews says it's mostly positive. I guess it's a good game, plus it has over 100 achievements, which I cannot say no to :)

I read some of them and got the impression that even the positive ones mostly aren't very enthusiastic. Bundle.

Some people have way too much time on their hands if they can spend it curating a group to complain about games capped at 30fps. I usually like Totalbiscuit and tend to understand his points, but come on, man... it just seems everyone on youtube is complaining about something at the moment. Jim Sterling making lazy videos about shitty Greenlight games included. He's better than that (or so I thought).

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Even though I am opted in to Windows 10 I am kinda scared in the coming weeks. Mainly drivers for my R9 270. I don't think I have ever installed an OS when it was this new ._.

It's no problem if you stay to the newest OS releases AMD will support it (Only way to not have the newest OS update is to have win10 pro so...)

Whichever, both are correct. PC version's still a shitshow that won't be fixed until Fall.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080274
And yes, I know you called it.

Oh come on, I thought it was "only" going to take a few weeks.

Seems like the guys porting it really did nothing right that they could reuse.

Life is Strange Episode 2 down

fuck.

i'm a failure

I also failed, it broke my heart.

and I didn't even know of what would happen in episode 3, I just really fucked up.

Halp, got the map painter munchies. I want a game where I conquer zones on a map in a sandbox way, so no linear campaign. I already pkayed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Sengoku, the Total War Games and Dawn of War. I am so close to buying Red Dragon just for sonething.

Next natural step is v̶i̶c̶t̶o̶r̶i̶a̶ ̶2̶ I mean continuing EU4 (by joining EUMP gaf in august) and being hyped for HoI4.

FloatOn

so my alpha came in yesterday.I couldn't be more pleased.

I'm installing the evil within to test it out and holy shit it's 31gb

Some people have way too much time on their hands if they can spend it curating a group to complain about games capped at 30fps. I usually like Totalbiscuit and tend to understand his points, but come on, man... it just seems everyone on youtube is complaining about something at the moment. Jim Sterling making lazy videos about shitty Greenlight games included. He's better than that (or so I thought).

also jim sterling is lame he didn't like the bureau

Hektor

I like LiS but Ep.3 feels like it spent most of the episode on boring stuff and then just
threw the big punch at the players at the end
. I can't remember anything from it except the final moment.

I thought the Epiosde was mostly great aside from the visit of the diner.
That " the day after" feeling in the beginning kinda broke me

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Nope, you must play through the game in one playthrough to get the 0 kills achievement. You can always restart a mission if you see deaths in the result

thanks. I'd rather replay the game in high chaos now though, since I didn't get a taste of the sword/gun combat

FloatOn

oh, now I feel dumb.

How is it anyway?

Is it a machine for streaming from you main computer or is it working good without doing that?

I'm not streaming.

So far I've only played ultra street fighter 4 on it and the benchmark gave me an A rating. I understand that's not exactly the most demanding game so I'm going to try the evil within this afternoon and see how it does.

but so far I'm very impressed. It's incredibly small and silent. It was fairly easy to put in the extra ram as well. I may put in a SSD or a larger hard drive later.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I like that thread title, though the UI that he's showing isn't really something I would be using eitherway, I don't know but it looks like everything he's done with it is making everything taking up more space.

Though some of those filtering options and stuff would be nice.

when I'm thinking of it, it looks kinda like the win10 xbox app.

I'm not streaming.

So far I've only played ultra street fighter 4 on it and the benchmark gave me an A rating. I understand that's not exactly the most demanding game so I'm going to try the evil within this afternoon and see how it does.

but so far I'm very impressed. It's incredibly small and silent. It was fairly easy to put in the extra ram as well. I may put in a SSD or a larger hard drive later.

Yeah saw some pictures of it, looks real neat.

Probably nothing for me but would almost certainly would have gotten one if I did not have a beastly pc, might get one of those steam links though.

Maniac

Banned
Man, TotalBuiscit should at least check before posting such info on his curator.
From what I read it sounds bad but from you people who played it, it sounds like easily solvable.

Grief is simply too pro and superior for bugs. For me unlocking it fucked up the car physics quite a bit. But it kind of made it more fun, lol.

Maniac

Banned
One thing is for sure, I will never skip a game just because the game is capped at 30 FPS. Unless you're a 60 FPS snob though or something.

Right, but you also play games on PS4 and PS3. Not everyone do, I for one don't stoop that low, I can't for the life of me stand 30 FPS so I simply don't bother with such games nor systems. Ofcourse there are exceptions to every rule, and in this case a handful of 2D games would be the exception. If a 3D game is locked to 30 FPS and I can't unlock it with mods or some such I just don't bother.

Arthea

I wonder if I should give my brothers my Steam credentials in case I die and my tons of games are lost forever to the void.

I tried it once (rather thought about mentioning it in my will), I was refused! can you believe this? I was told they don't care about my millions of games, nor need them. People can be so incredibly mean, if they can't sell it, they don't care at all.

I'm still looking for an options, tho, it would be a shame just leave it to rot forever, wouldn't it?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8f8d28af38573631b2495954ff7b4072/tumblr_n6z8biiWxI1te9jsdo1_500.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Who are you?

[quote="Chariot, post: 172048481"]I made the mistake in stepping into another heated OT-thread.[/QUOTE]

which one was it this time?
[SPOILER]wanna see for what you will be banned [/SPOILER]

Artbooks are great, but buying a pdf of one seems a little odd. I still picked up the bundle though.

Agreed. I'd prefer the hardcover, screen is a little bigger. On that note, does anyone have the Design Works books for Dark Souls 1 or 2? They seem pretty cool so I popped them on the wish list for now.

Is it me or that Amazon Prime Day was failure? :D

I'm not sure what I expected. The thing that pissed me off the most is the 15 minute reserve you get for putting shit in a cart, so if you don't insta click the second a deal goes live - you're fucked.

I shit you not, the Diaper Genie refills I was looking to pick up were gone in 15 seconds. The fuck man.
Unless 'limited quantities' means like 5.

I did pick up LOTR EE and a box of protein bars. So it wasn't a total waste.

Pachimari

I have to be honest. I can't see the difference between 30fps and 60fps. =(

I also haven't noticed CA, besides playing Bloodborne and Life Is Strange.

fantomena

Right, but you also play games on PS4 and PS3. Not everyone do, I for one don't stoop that low, I can't for the life of me stand 30 FPS so I simply don't bother with such games nor systems. Ofcourse there are exceptions to every rule, and in this case a handful of 2D games would be the exception. If a 3D game is locked to 30 FPS and I can't unlock it with mods or some such I just don't bother.

Sure, if that's your thing, but I deciding to not play games which are capped at 30 FPS will make me loose out on a handful og great games.

UPlay is not that bad anymore. Yeah saves are sometimes deleted if you are using Cloud Sync (i personally never had issues with hat) but everything else works just fine. They started to convert older titles to new system so for example AC# and Blacklist no longer require to be patched with patch by patch. And they are still adding features to Client.
Does uplay close when I exit games now instead of opening that stupid 'LOL GAME STATS' window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom