• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
GFWL is the reason I still have consoles.

Try to login into my account (that I've apparently had for a while but never bothered to check). Password is wrong.

Reset password. The program still refuses to let me log on.

Bulletstorm doesn't register, so I have to contact an EA Game Advisor tomorrow to get it added. The LE content is apparently a whole other issue altogether, and I haven't decided if it's worth trying to deal with both at once.

The sooner they remove it from everything, the better.

Lomax

Try to login into my account (that I've apparently had for a while but never bothered to check). Password is wrong.

Reset password. The program still refuses to let me log on.

Bulletstorm doesn't register, so I have to contact an EA Game Advisor tomorrow to get it added. The LE content is apparently a whole other issue altogether, and I haven't decided if it's worth trying to deal with both at once.

The sooner they remove it from everything, the better.

Bulletstorm will die with GWFL unfortunately. Unless Microsoft figures out some way to automatically migrate games to the Win 10 store.

Jawmuncher

They've got Disney Interactive, a fuck-ton of character licenses and more money than God. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take game publishing rights for some of these characters (especially Spider-Man) back from Activision in the next couple of years.

Makes me wish there were more Marvel games made for these properties. The few ones we get (the Activision titles) are nowhere near enough.

All I need is marvel vs Capcom 4. Which no joke is more for the Capcom side than anything marvel. However I still would like to see a marvel equivalent to the Arkham series. Activision stuff is pretty meh to bad. With maybe a few standouts that still don't really compare considering the age of the titles.

Chariot

Wargame: Red Dragon? Dunno about that for singleplayer, they haven't had a good SP since European Escalation. Have you tried Hearts of Iron 3 or Victoria 2? Albeit, both suffer retroactively by playing modern Paradox games in my opinion. I guess Endless Legend works in a Civish kind of way.

More edits: Mount&Blade: Warband SP mods are always a good "map painter" I guess, my suggestion is L'aigle
I didn't play this particular M&B:W mod, but a medieval europe one. Had my fun for a hundred hours, but I think I need something else. Didn't likr Victoria 2 much and I also played Endless Legend, didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Tried to get into HoI 2 and 3, but never managed and now wait for HoI4.

Feels not like what I was searching for. I kinda want something like the Dawn of War campaigns, but thanks for your suggestions so far.

Copons

That looks good :)

How was the first game?

It was one of the most meh games I've ever played: amazing concept but after the first half hour (obviously enough, from when you discover turn based battles :p ) it gets very boring and repetitive, with backtracking and slow and frequent battles to pad everything out.

But, as I said, it was a great idea and watching the trailer for the sequel, with many more genres and references, it definitely looks great and I'll likely buy it in due time
(75% off at least)

Sober

Vuze

However I still would like to see a marvel equivalent to the Arkham series.

They tried that with Captain America: Super Soldier (a semi-open world game, published by Sega). With the exception of inspiring the fight choreographers for Winter Soldier, it didn't really have much of an impact. It's soundtrack, however, is one of my hidden gems. Some of the music is better than the Alan Silvestri score from the film itself.

Neither Activision nor Sega have done much of anything with the licenses. It kills me that we could have so many great titles, but they either get killed in development (Avengers), are complete garbage (Thor: God of Thunder, ASM2) or are mobile trash (Iron Man 3).

Marvel has the capabilities to starve out competitors to their brands (see Fantastic Four/X-Men toy/merch licensing), so I'd like to see them take a crack at some of these properties and just do everything in-house. They have the facilities and infrastructure for it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I remember enjoying X2: Wolverine's Revenge for some of the same reasons I enjoyed Arkham Asylum. Stalking enemies, special senses to track enemies or sense enemies through walls, stealth, quiet take downs, etc in a prison facility.

It had flaws for the time and I'm sure it's aged poorly, but it showed promise that they sadly never improved on because the collapse of the studio (partly Activision's fault).

Knurek

I'm liking Total Biscuit's Framerate Police curator. Valve took away useful information from the tagging system, the community can do one better.

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/9393382-The-Framerate-Police/

While I don't doubt that's useful information for 3D games, I played a few of the 2D games mentioned there (VVVV, Isaac, Luftrausers) and did not spot anything wrong with them.

Take the info there with a grain of salt, especially for 2D titles, is what I'm trying to say here.

Eanan

So about that Alien Isolation deal on Nuuvem... can it be activated by VPN, but doesnt need it to run? Anyone jump on that deal? Cant see it going cheaper for a long time.

Chariot

Ah, I can't buy Red Dragon from nuuvem. My VPN works enough to see all deals and put Red Dragon into my cart, but when I want to check out with PayPal it tells me that the game is not avaible for my region. Do I need somethingt better than hola or am I doomed the moment that my PayPal account is german?

Pachimari

Happy to wake up to Deadpool!
Though too expensive.

And as I have the whole day free, I think I'm finally gonna complete Episode 2 and 3 of Life Is Strange.

Deques

How come that Deadpool is cheaper in Europe? It's 30 euro here ~$32.76

I wonder if weekend deal features Deadpool at 75% off

Deques

They wait until the game is inevitably pulled again or just sell them now for slightly less than the store price. There's no real loss for them.

I believe there are some losers that bought the game expensive and try to resell them more expensive

Eanan

I cant understand this website;

does this mean it has no runtime region locking i.e. needs to be activated by VPN, but then fine to install/run from wherever or also has locking on when you play it.

J4f7qzX.png

Uzzy

I didn't play this particular M&B:W mod, but a medieval europe one. Had my fun for a hundred hours, but I think I need something else. Didn't likr Victoria 2 much and I also played Endless Legend, didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Tried to get into HoI 2 and 3, but never managed and now wait for HoI4.

Feels not like what I was searching for. I kinda want something like the Dawn of War campaigns, but thanks for your suggestions so far.

Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault and the later two Wargame games (Airland Battle and Red Dragon) all have single player campaigns with a metamap that you get to paint. It's on a tiny scale compared to EU4 mind you.

wilflare

It's coming in about 6 hours. Bundle will release 24 hours or so after that.

ah thanks - so not yet.

---
what was GAF's consensus on the previous Humble Gamer Comics Bundle Presented by Dark Horse!?

I still can up to the BTA or top tier.
artbooks are my thing :X

wilflare

Artbooks are great, but buying a pdf of one seems a little odd. I still picked up the bundle though.

oh nice! which level did you pick it up at?
yea a PDF artbook is little weird.. but I guess I'll make do with them over the clutter/space that a physical copy would take

Uzzy

oh nice! which level did you pick it up at?
yea a PDF artbook is little weird.. but I guess I'll make do with them over the clutter/space that a physical copy would take

BTA tier for me. The Remember Me and Bioshock Infinite art books looked appealing. Might get a physical copy of them one day.

Less clutter is good I suppose. I cleared out some old books from my house to make some space, intending to do something productive. It's now filled with more, newer books.

Arthea

welcome back, guys

http://i.imgur.com/QZMNVZo.png[/img[/QUOTE]

scary!

[quote="bobnowhere, post: 172020809"]Nice to see Deadpool back, not paying $40 for it though!

Pointless [URL="https://groupees.com/bm21"]Be Mine 21[/URL] speculation.

- Green Haired Guy -> [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/354950/"]East Tower - Akio [/URL] (Good chance)

- Brown Haired Guy -> [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/264520/?snr=1_7_15__13"]Moebius: Empire Rising[/URL] (Likely as publisher a frequent groupees partner)
----------------------------> [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/283680/"]Astebreed[/URL] (Probably Less Likely)

- Sword Guy -> Lords of Xulima (Very unlikely as devs said they wouldn't bundle)

- Bubble -> ????????

- Ship -> ??????????[/QUOTE]
Moebius would totally make my day, that's why this guess is wrong!
hopefully not, though

As for east Tower I hope it's not Akio but Takashi or Kuon.

edited: that orb definitely reminds me something, but I can't remember what, no matter how hard I try, maybe it'll come to me by itself.
Also I promised not to guess anymore, I should stick with my words.

Chariot

Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault and the later two Wargame games (Airland Battle and Red Dragon) all have single player campaigns with a metamap that you get to paint. It's on a tiny scale compared to EU4 mind you.
I thought about that, all three are better than nothing, however Ardennes Assault is sadly not on sale and I tried to purchase Red Dragon, but nuuvem won't let me, even with VPN.

Arthea

btw, that ship has the same form as Relativity Wars ships on a game header, but I have my doubts
http://store.steampowered.com/app/341640/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

The bubble might be Breakout Invaders with a second look.

yeah, it could as well be, but I feel like I've seen it before, on an older game than Breakout Invaders.

finally remembered! it's Wizorb!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207420/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_2

but yeah, Breakout Invaders looks much closer to the actual pic

welcome back, guys

scary!

Moebius would totally make my day, that's why this guess is wrong!
hopefully not, though

As for east Tower I hope it's not Akio but Takashi or Kuon.

edited: that orb definitely reminds me something, but I can't remember what, no matter how hard I try, maybe it'll come to me by itself.
Also I promised not to guess anymore, I should stick with my words.

The bubble might be Breakout Invaders with a second look.

milena87

Is it me or that Amazon Prime Day was failure? :D

I bought a 1tb Samsung 850 EVO for half off.
Really glad I didn't buy the 500gb version a few months ago.

I also bought a bunch of Blu Rays for what I would consider a steal. Thanks Amazon.it and your awesome 5x50% off on titles you already discounted.

I was pretty pleased :p

Arthea

That was a thing?

If perchance some of you are playing on Asia server, you can add me.

you kiddin right?
it's still a thing

edited: Temper Tantrum must have been great success, seeing as Temper Tantrum 2 is on greenlight already, iashaman won't like it one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom