• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

image.php

Damn at batman probably not being fixed till September. Wonder what the sales and state are going to be like for mad max on pc. 2 shit ports in a row and now consumers on steam finally have the right they shouldve had since day 1 on steam, the ability to get a refund.

I honestly don't think it will affect sales at all. 'Gamer outrage' is as ineffectual as it comes. Nobody is going to remember shit while pre-ordering the next big thing.

I'm interested in picking up Game of Thrones since Episode 5 comes out next week. Anyone recommend it?

I wouldn't recommend it. I've played 3 out of the 4 episodes that are out and I can't even get myself interested to play the 4th one. At the very least I'd recommend waiting until all episodes are out and the game is discounted to 66% or something.

So, we'll get cheap nvidia keys is what you're saying?

This should mean I cang et a cheap copy of it, was going to buy it anyway so cheaper is always better.

This was the second thing that went through my mind. "Thank god I didn't preorder it on steam already. Cheap codes if I don't get the GPU"

EDIT: So, what happens to those Batman Nvidia codes? can I still grab one and redeem it?

I remember reading the codes expire on the 31st of July. You probably can still find them. Wouldn't be surprised if they were extremely cheap these days. Especially considering I got mine for $23 I think last month.

Oh, I should also note that one of the Evgas that said it was including a MGSV key on the search page still said it was giving an Arkham Knight key on it's actual product page. That particular EVGA was the only one I came across that did it though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487136 Thats the one I'm referring to. Donno if thats a glitch or they still want to try to get rid of their Batman keys.

Fake Edit: Yeah, just checked ebay and the keys are cheaper(well, a few of them) than when I got one. You should be good if you plan on getting it before the end of the month.

fantomena

Any places I can get a "cheap" copy of the Wolfenstein game that got removed? Does an shop sell the digital or physican version at all any longer?

AHA-Lambda

I'm interested in picking up Game of Thrones since Episode 5 comes out next week. Anyone recommend it?

It's decent, and I'd say that's all it is really. Not bad, but nothing note worthy either, very typical Telltale formula at this point.

Get it in a sale if interested but Tale from Borderlands is the better TT game going on right now. Even then Life is Strange is eating both their lunches.

Khronico

Finished Old Blood last night. Not much I can say than what I've already said, it's a great little piece of DLC. I did not expect to fight
a giant mummy monster
for the finale.

derExperte

I have a bad feeling about Be Mine 21. Those hints aren't getting my (or anyone else for that matter) hyped up.

More games next week it seems?

Didn't see that. Even better.

And I had to remove the games manually from my wishlist like in the bad old times. A glitch or did Valve break stuff?

ExoSoul

Banned
I've been spending so much time on Terraria that I think I'm at risk of becoming a lurker again.
Still find it sad that it doesn't have controller support.

Valkrai

I honestly don't think it will affect sales at all. 'Gamer outrage' is as ineffectual as it comes. Nobody is going to remember shit while pre-ordering the next big thing.

I wouldn't recommend it. I've played 3 out of the 4 episodes that are out and I can't even get myself interested to play the 4th one. At the very least I'd recommend waiting until all episodes are out and the game is discounted to 66% or something.

It's decent, and I'd say that's all it is really. Not bad, but nothing note worthy either, very typical Telltale formula at this point.

Get it in a sale if interested but Tale from Borderlands is the better TT game going on right now. Even then Life is Strange is eating both their lunches.

I already have Life is Strange, great game. I definitely want Tales but I want to get it on a discount as well as GoT.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Stumbled upon this looking for Dishonored vids. Makes a low Choas run seem like pussy mode, it's a work of art.

Gif'd one of the many style kills, there are many crazier ones than this in the vid though

dishonoredjcunl.gif

Dsyndrome

Stumbled upon this looking for Dishonored vids. Makes a low Choas run seem like pussy mode, it's a work of art.

Gif'd one of the many style kills, there are many crazier ones than this in the vid though

dishonoredjcunl.gif
Biggest hopes I have for Dishonored 2 and the next Deus Ex is that they don't knock you for being lethal.

Eanan

Heres a new one; twice now ive been pestered by random traders asking me to make an offer for deadpool gift. Knew it was back on sale, so asked them to go first; they both wanted between 30 keys for it. Hope some poor sucker doesnt fall for it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Creepy survival-horror multiplayer title "The Flock" has planned End of Life cycle - based on how many players die.

Today, developer Vogelsap revealed that The Flock will be available this autumn—but only for a limited time. There's a hard limit on how long it can played, after which it will go permanently offline.

"With each death in the game," explained Vogelsap, "one life will be taken from the Flock’s population. When the Flock’s population reaches zero, the game will never be purchasable again."

According to the developer, this extinction event will trigger a "climactic finale" that can only be played by those who already have the game in their Steam library. After that ending, the game will go offline permanently. It's a bold move—albeit one that does assume enough players for the community to deplete that population cap.

I can see where the developers thought this had potential to be a good idea - especially with the glut of multiplayer games condemned to stagnant communities available these days. But, when a game like The Ship can at least maintain a cult status almost a decade after it was sent out to die, I feel like purposefully dooming your game before players even put money down isn't really the best plan. I have hopes that The Flock will be polished up into quite the showpiece for how horror and atmospherics can be done right in a multiplayer setting, and I'm not too happy that the devs themselves plan on killing it off, even if there is a neat event to go with it.

I will say though, it does make an interesting case for more fluid definitions of games as services. One I don't see sitting very well with others.

EDIT: Beaten, curse my wordy opinion!

Arthea

I have a bad feeling about Be Mine 21. Those hints aren't getting my (or anyone else for that matter) hyped up.

Didn't see that. Even better.

And I had to remove the games manually from my wishlist like in the bad old times. A glitch or did Valve break stuff?

Preodered it for Moebius, I'll be not very happy if no Moebius is in it... Also if my other guesses are correct, I want at least 1 other game in that bundle or two. Also that indiegala bundle is nice one, finally something good anyway, now if HBW delivers, it'll feel like "good ol' times"

Played some ranked games in Yata. After adjusting for frame delay (and I guess if you opponents and yours internet aren't garbage) lag is damn near nonexistant. That said I need some more practice in this game.

Maniac

Banned
lol, Valve pissing off CS fans with apparel

Pretty sure it's not apparel. Atleast, the thingie being printed on is a box. Ofcourse it could be a box for the apparel I guess...

Either way I can't see it being very exciting, this is Valve we're talking about afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom