• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I've cracked the secret code for ridding yourself of an unwanted tag anyway.

Ask to have your username changed and your tag becomes 'The Poster Formally Known As <insert old name here>'

Ruruja

30FPS lock, and the now typical UK rip off price. I can deal with one of those, but not both. I'll get it on a deeper sale.

If we keep refusing to buy them at these price differences and only at 75%, maybe they'll notice and treat us like Russians and offer us better stock prices in the future.

we can dream

I want to give Alien Isolation another shot since I gave up on it because of how terrible the trial and error stuff got. Having to redo the same 15 minute sequence 5 times broke the game for me.

Ill set it to the newly added super easy mode and hope for the best. I never found the game terrifying, just frustrating.

derExperte

Heh, Ubi didn't even bother to lower The Crew's Russian base price, I wonder how many of their Russian-language-only version they're selling anyway. And Uplay got an update, still no link to the store but a huge one leading to a survey.

How likely is it that you would recommend the Uplay PC Client to a friend?

0 means not likely at all, and 10 is most likely

....I pity the poor intern who has to work through the responses.

if i get windows 10 using the free upgrade what version do i get? Home or Pro?

I think it depends on the version of Windows you have now...

Windows 7

Those of you who currently run Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic or Windows 7 Home Premium will be upgraded to Windows 10 Home.

Those of you running Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 8.1

Those of you running Windows 8.1 (the standard edition) will receive Windows 10 Home.

Those of you running Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro for Students will receive Windows 10 Pro.

Dr Dogg

Flying visit as I've finally, finally after 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 hours have internet worth a shit (well not really but better than spending £130 on my phone bill last month just to be somewhat connected to the civilised world) but off on holiday tomorrow so sod fucking about in here but does anyone have a copy of my avatar I haven't ruined with CA, facial hair or Christmas shit (I know some of you have your odd 'hobbies' which might include avatar collecting)? My stock avatar PSD is stuck on a PC in storage and I don't fancy paying the cost of getting them to come out. Cheers!

I'm not surprised, I'm a firm believer that many people don't, even among those that say they can. Why I believe this? firstly you need very fast motion with objects significantly changing their position in a second to even be able to see, secondly jerky camera actually interferes with "seeing" and most examples I've seen uses that and any fps looks choppy by doing so, also any not fluid movement interferes, not only camera. Also there are a lot of people outside gaf who doesn't care, most people I know in rl for example, so I don't know can they see it or not.
I do believe that some people rather "feel wrongness" than actually see it, they subconsciously feel that this game (let's say 30fps) is somewhat different than that was (60fps). I again deduce it from examples thrown around internet.

Ah the great framerate debate which really isn't a debate at all.

Putting personal preference, prejudice and vitriol aside for one minute let's all do an actual test. Not sure how you'd be able to do this on an AMD card (might be able to in Raedon Pro but it's been a long time since I've faffed with that) but all you boys and girls on Nvidia cards open up Nvidia Control Panel (you know right click on the desktop and select the menu option) and then click on the Change Resolution sub menu on the left.
19128263974_2b66861a7b_b.jpg
From there click on the Customize button and you should be presented with this screen.
Click the Create Custom Resolution button at the bottom.
Right what we're going to do is mirror our display resolution but at a 30hz refresh rate. So in the appropriate box change it 30 as highlighted in the picture above. Then click on the test button and if all is well and you monitor can handle that refresh rate (and 99% of them should be fine and dandy) click the Yes button.
If you notice under the custom header we have a duplicate resolution but if you look to the right it has a refresh rate of 30hz.

Now the fun and game start. So select and apply our new resolution and just start using your PC as before. Now tell the thread what you think of that like fluidity of motion, responsiveness of input devices, dragging and resizing windows and so on. Be interesting to see the feedback on this.

Flying visit as I've finally, finally after 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 hours have internet worth a shit (well not really but better than spending £130 on my phone bill last month just to be somewhat connected to the civilised world) but off on holiday tomorrow so sod fucking about in here but does anyone have a copy of my avatar I haven't ruined with CA, facial hair or Christmas shit (I know some of you have your odd 'hobbies' which might include avatar collecting)? My stock avatar PSD is stuck on a PC in storage and I don't fancy paying the cost of getting them to come out. Cheers!

Welcome back dude!

should have picked up Shadowrun Dragonfall a few days ago when it was on sale...oh well...hopefully GMG does an encore or something

if not I'll just wait until it's discounted again

Ruruja

yeah, all DLC (for VRC Pro anyways) is coming up as £0 but you can add it to your cart and pay for it, I'm scared of going through with it though.

Kiru

yeah, all DLC (for VRC Pro anyways) is coming up as £0 but you can add it to your cart and pay for it, I'm scared of going through with it though.

Me 2, someone should do it. For the people.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't come out as $0.

Ruruja

You need to own base game which I don't, it's on pages where you can "add all DLC to cart". Might try it with a game I have.

Benedict

Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy is cheap at GMG. When I check on it at Steam I can't see any way of purchasing it there. Temporary error or has it been that way a while?

def sim

Anyone here might be able to help me fix my Batman: Arkham City frame rate drops?

I'm getting terrible frame rate drops (must be single digits) at random in both closed and empty spaces. It's pretty well known DX11 and PhysX cause performance issues, but I've been playing without them since the start.

Turning off V-sync seemed to solve the issue for the most part the first time I played without it, but after that it went back to how it was with V-sync still being off
I'm searching for solutions and every answer seems to be about DX11 and PhysX

I just ran the in-game benchmark and it says

Minimum: 113
Maximum: 245
Average: 181

I'm assuming this is the frame rate? there were no frame drops or stuttering like I have in the game during the test

If it's like Origins, you're going to have to alt+tab in and out once every session to enable triple buffering and get rid of the microstutter no matter the settings you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom