• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
:p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-2BEE163B7E807B9E - Taken by GaussTek. 4 entrants total.

t1437072886z1.png

Amzin

Is there no way to block specific curators? I don't really want to see this Frameratepolice nonsense when I'm looking at games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
From the latest indiegala bundle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Impossible Game -- MB-FEF289AD241694D7 - Taken by Haunted. 4 entrants total.

t1437073426z1.png

FloatOn

kinda tempted to buy street fighter costumes... I've been playing quite a bit of ultra lately and evo has me in the mood for fighting games that much more so.

I'm part of the problem

iosefe

Halfway through Life is Strange episode 3. Sadly I had to do other things.

Basically, I just left Franks RV.

>_>

I hope I can continue soon

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Insanity's Blade -- MB-53121DB2A6C1E60D - Taken by salazar547
Call of Juarez: -- MB-187F91E2DC2992CB - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Dr Dogg

So how dead is The Crew? Not that I have a pot to piss in at the moment but racers are a little thin on the ground in this day and age. Does the trial essentially give you the full game albeit limited to a couple of hours?

kinda tempted to buy street fighter costumes... I've been playing quite a bit of ultra lately and evo has me in the mood for fighting games that much more so.

I'm part of the problem

Oooooorrr just go down the modding route.

http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/gallery/37190708/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-mods

louiedog

Is there no way to block specific curators? I don't really want to see this Frameratepolice nonsense when I'm looking at games.

I was going to say "Yeah. I'd also like to avoid any TotalBiscuit crap because his stuff is on so many pages." and then I looked up what Frameratepolice is. Now I really want it.

Dr Dogg

I wouldn't buy the A: CM Season Pass if I were you Dusk unless you want the multiplayer stuff. Stasis Interrupted is the single player content and can be had cheaper on it's own. I've had it installed for a while and been tempted to tarnish my memory of the franchise with it but just can't bring myself to play it.

Uzzy

I'm part of the problem

There's some good costume mods out there for Ultra on PC. Check those out first.

Or you can do like me and buy the costume packs and download the mods too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of L.O.R.D, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (L.O.R.D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare #2 -- MB-718EAF4B4DB09DCD - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Alan Wake Collector's Edition #2 -- MB-4DFFAC41B7EEF509 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 7 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-24E0BA6E41E8F4D2 - Taken by Tektonic. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-7D1EF11355EA5D68 - Taken by Spirited. 5 entrants total.

t1437077148z1.png

Chariot

Fuck. I accidently bought a DRM free copy of Alpha Protocol. Does Gamersgate refund?
Probably not, if it's DRM free. Fuck. Wasted money on a perfectly fine, but DRM free game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. I accidently bought a DRM free copy of Alpha Protocol. Does Gamersgate refund?
Probably not, if it's DRM free. Fuck. Wasted money on a perfectly fine, but DRM free game.

You're in the EU, right?

If you reside in the European Union, you will have the right to withdraw from the purchase of a game you have made through GamersGate, for any or no reason, for up to 14 calendar days from your purchase (the “Refund Period”), subject to the following limitations:

You expressly acknowledge, consent and agree that you will no longer have the right to withdraw from the purchase of the game or obtain a refund if, before the Refund Period expires, the download process for the game has begun. Once the download process for the game has begun, you will no longer have the right to withdraw from the purchase of the game or obtain a refund, and the sale, purchase and payment will be final.

You expressly acknowledge, consent and agree that the download process for a game begins when: (a) the game is added to your account and available for your download, or (b) a serial number for the game has been generated and made available to you through your account, or (c) when the game has been gifted by you, whichever is earlier.

Anyone play Love at First Sight?
love-at-first-sight-artwork-001-600x355.png

I'm super interested and I was just wondering if anyone had some non-spoilery thoughts on their time with it.

Colonial Marines is pretty good. If you like 90s b rated FPS. It's comparable to Duke Nukem Forever. Which I also liked.

The MP is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's just janky fun. Fuck Gearbox though.

FLD

Valkyria Chronicles Chapter 7 can go die in a fire.

That's the tank level, right? Save scum like hell and don't give up! It's really not that hard once you know what you need to do.

So many people quit the game because of this fucking mission but the game gets so much better after it. :(

Chariot

Final and non-refundable.

There are exceptions, though. Lucky you, EU resident.

You expressly acknowledge, consent and agree that the download process for a game begins when: (a) the game is added to your account and available for your download, or (b) a serial number for the game has been generated and made available to you through your account, or (c) when the game has been gifted by you, whichever is earlier.
It's already "downloaded" when it was added to my account.
The Steam bug has got us all, if taken out of context this statement sounds insane lol.
Haha, right? How times change, I used any kind of DRM.

Khronico

That's the tank level, right? Save scum like hell and don't give up! So many people quit the game because of this fucking mission but the game gets so much better after it. :(

I managed to scum it out by leaving the right radiator last to destroy and putting all my units there to avoid selveria lol. I almost lost my entire squad because the tank moved just enough forward so selveria could attack my units. I was down to just my tank, an engineer, and one lancer. Still managed to win though.

Hektor

But you bought Alpha Protocol. That is what counts.

Valkyria Chronicles Chapter 7 can go die in a fire.

I never understood why people have such problems with it. I thought Chapter 9 and the last few were the only really challenging ones. Great game tho.

Ugh, I know. I really don't want to have to deal with anymore of TotalBiscuit's unironic PC Gamer Master Race crap, and I really can't help but feel the "Framerate police" will end up do more damage than good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So this afternoon I decided to update Enhanced Steam's Early Access banners to match the banners that Valve used during the summer sale.

Before:
1hLkoEz.png

After:
GN7Cw0P.png

Also, some are now translated:
0CWN9K2.png

I also simplified the code quite a bit for this and fixed a few bugs with them such as how they're displaying now on people's profiles.

Extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Full Bore -- MB-878213DDDAA7A7F5 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-9F48AEB3A493DB47 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
I'll send the Costume Pack and Soundtrack keys to the winner

t1437076846z1.png

pahamrick

Ugh, I know. I really don't want to have to deal with anymore of TotalBiscuit's unironic PC Gamer Master Race crap, and I really can't help but feel the "Framerate police" will end up do more damage than good.

I kind of feel like, if it's a matter of getting a game with a 30fps lock on PC, or not getting it at all, I'll take the 30fps lock.

Also, Ghostlight Ross pointed out in the WOTS4 thread that the reason it's locked to 30 has to do with how the framerate is tied to the game's logic. For situations like that, I again would rather have the game with the lock then not have it at all.

Yeah.
It stinks that Way of the Samurai 4 runs at 30 fps, but people have to consider:

-It's a low-budget PS3 game.
-The 30 fps is actually tied to frame logic, so attempting to bump the frame-rate could cause serious issues.
-Working these issues out would require a lot of time and resources.

MUnited83

For you.
Seriously? Next thing... Humble Pre-Order bundle, featuring WB and Ubisoft.
That makes zero sense. The theme of the Bundle is complete and finished games that used Kickstarter to get made in the first place.
You're not backing games here, neither are you preordering them.

What a terrible comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom