• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

Humble Kickstarter bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Guns of Icarus Online CE
  • AR-K
  • Full Bore
TIER 2: BTA
  • Among the Sleep
  • Retro Game Crunch
TIER 3: 13$
  • Lords of Xulima
  • Warmachine: Tactics

HMMM, the only thing I'm interested in is the top tier, but I know war machine tactics hasn't been reviewed well and is glitchy. Hmmm..

Arthea

wb Doggie, that post was kinda funny.
ya, it wasn't debate, just my observation and your opinion on this subject is irrelevant anyway, I think it's you who have said that you see difference between 100 and 101 fps, without going into detail what exactly you can see. Simply put, you are the superhuman.
You see... there is nothing to see when there is no motion, picture without motion (in ideal conditions, frames changes instantly) looks the same at 1 fps rate and 100 fps. The faster the motion the easier to see, but, it depends on character of motion and there is no way around it, there is possible to make animation that will look like let's say 24 fps when being actually 48 or 72 or even 100, but not other way around, because motion is everything.
And don't understand me wrongly, I'm not saying there are no superhumans, maybe there are, who knows.

I also subscribe to very unpopular view that slow games don't benefit from having higher fps in any significant way.
after this you have real reasons to get all worked up, no?
really, welcome back

Xyc6ZIR.gif
Do not want.

M.D

I know this is the Steam thread but this is the only active community thread that I thought might be able to help me ;s

Is there any chance someone who lives in the UK would be willing to help me by purchasing this

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Special Edition

And mailing it to me? GAME doesn't ship over 1kg internationally and I couldn't find other places with a comparable price that ship internationally

I'll pay whatever it takes to send the package and gift you a $10 on Steam as a thank you ;p

Dsyndrome

I'm tempted every time I see Alien: Isolation on sale to bite, then I remember that I got the Nostromo edition on PS4 as a gift and only put a half hour in this far. Quandary.

Also, why does the new Steam app on iOS not display prices anymore?

Phinor

HMMM, the only thing I'm interested in is the top tier, but I know war machine tactics hasn't been reviewed well and is glitchy. Hmmm..

I'm only interested in Lords of Xulima. Meh. Pretty good bundle overall but I'll pass unless I can find someone who wants everything but Xulima.

Turfster

NOT SO FAST!
If you don't Have ARK Consider getting it as a new episode of it is now on steam and is going for around $2 if you own the first game.

Of course, the game itself is a janky, broken mess of an adventure game with mechanics straight from the bad part of the 90s

Man, who the fuck is driving up the BTA to $4.20 and counting? Humble has been gaming this for a while, haven't they? Can't see such an underwhelming bundle doing so well so quickly.

Eila

Why is AvP 2000 not included in the Aliens Collection?
Why does SFIV have so much DLC?
Why is SFV pre-order $1100MXN?

SSPssp

Man, who the fuck is driving up the BTA to $4.20 and counting? Humble has been gaming this for a while, haven't they? Can't see such an underwhelming bundle doing so well so quickly.

All the games in the bottom tiers have been bundled already except Retro Game Crunch, so for people like me who already have everything, all the value is in the top tier. But its too steep for me so I'm sitting this one out, but I guess quite a few of the people buying are only getting it for the top tier.

Arthea

I think Lords of Xulima is regarded as a decent game, might be due to that.

I had this weird notion that it's far from decent, at least I remember reviews leaving this impression on me. I removed it from my wishlist at that time too.
Anything changed?

fake edit: just noticed, it's still on my wishlist. Not sure about anything anymore

real fake edit: but not buying that bundle, anyway

So much for this not being bundled (according to the devs).

being in $13 tier hardly counts as being bundled, at least in my eyes.

Lomax

In general, fewer purchases tends to mean higher averages. Fairly small number of purchases, not very appealing $1 tier, somewhat tempting $13 tier, means those few people who buy have a greater chance of spending more. HB definitely fakes (or at very least self creates) the initial price (which certainly has an anchoring effect), but there's never been any evidence they game anything after that.

Honestly the biggest thing in this specific bundle is that the $1/BTA tiers are rebundled stuff, while the $13 tier has two games that have never been bundled or more than 50% off on Steam, so regular bundle buyers are either going to get the $13 tier or nothing most likely. That drives the average up. Humble average is about low tier vs high tier quality, not about overall bundle quality.

Dr Dogg

wb Doggie, that post was kinda funny.
ya, it wasn't debate, just my observation and your opinion on this subject is irrelevant anyway, I think it's you who have said that you see difference between 100 and 101 fps, without going into detail what exactly you can see. Simply put, you are the superhuman.
You see... there is nothing to see when there is no motion, picture without motion (in ideal conditions, frames changes instantly) looks the same at 1 fps rate and 100 fps. The faster the motion the easier to see, but, it depends on character of motion and there is no way around it, there is possible to make animation that will look like let's say 24 fps when being actually 48 or 72 or even 100, but not other way around, because motion is everything.
And don't understand me wrongly, I'm not saying there are no superhumans, maybe there are, who knows.

I also subscribe to very unpopular view that slow games don't benefit from having higher fps in any significant way.
after this you have real reasons to get all worked up, no?
really, welcome back

Hahaha no sorry I should have clarified I'm saying it never becomes a debate because generally the 'participants' believe that their position is the correct one. It more often than not becomes a circular shit slinging fest than anything of a scientific discussion. But I can see I've already got a smart arse trying to tell me the difference between frame rate and refresh rate completely ignoring what I'm proposing and that a frame rate limited game is unable to handle inputs at a frequency greater than the games tick rate so I guess that conversation is dead and buried already.

Did you ever play Quake 2? Due to the game having its physics having a variable time step you could cause some awesome glitches most notably various super human jumps and mid air side strafes. Different frame rates yielded different results to the extent you had some folks running the game with certain shaders disabled to get the framerate up that high.

Man how times of changed.

Knurek

I had this weird notion that it's far from decent, at least I remember reviews leaving this impression on me. I removed it from my wishlist at that time too.
Anything changed?

being in $13 tier hardly counts as being bundled, at least in my eyes.

Well, it's the best substitute for Might & Magic XI Ubisoft killed.
Or rather, classic Might & Magic with Final Fantasy X fight system. What's not to like?

I'm contemplating buying - don't have anything from the top tier, ~$3 per game doesn't sound as bad. Especially when Xulima alone, even 70% off goes for $9.
I think I'll just wait and see if the game isn't in BeMine21.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I just remembered playing Lost in Blue and before that, Survivor Kids. Time to dig out my GBA.

I remember playing Survival Kids when I was younger, but I lost the cartridge a long time ago and the prices for it now are ridiculous.

And Konami doesn't care about the eshop anymore so it'll never get released on the 3DS VC ;_;

https://www.indiegala.com/insunity

The Impossible Game
Devil's Dare
Insanity's Blade
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle

Nice one, only four games but they're all good.

I've been waiting for Insanity's Blade to end up in a bundle, cool. I've heard some good and bad things about Devil's Dare, but I'll buy it at that price.

Terra_Ex

Kinda tempted mainly for Xulima, but whether I'll actually play before it hits an even lower price is debatable.

So much for this not being bundled (according to the devs).
"Don't worry, guys, we're totally not bundling our game anytime soon."
Next week on Humble...

And everyone should be buying WotS4, of course.

Eila

Can't you get such games cheaper from other regions/via traders?

Probably, considering $1100MXN = $69.52 USD. You can just grab it off GMG or wherever it's cheapest close to release. The thing is almost every other publisher has cheaper prices in the store. Even with the GMG extra discount things end up being cheaper in the mexican steam store most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom