• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

This is new right?

Or am I just a little out the loop due to no internet?

It had a store page for a while, but the pre-order only went up today. Access to the beta in Autumn require's pre-ordering too.. so I guess I'll be buying that real soon.

Dr Dogg

It had a store page for a while, but the pre-order only went up today. Access to the beta in Autumn require's pre-ordering too.. so I guess I'll be buying that real soon.

£45 though. Though thanks to the wonders of Enhanced Steam it does say it can be had for £40 on GMG with a voucher (ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC before anyone asks/moans).

Uzzy

£45 though. Though thanks to the wonders of Enhanced Steam it does say it can be had for £40 on GMG with a voucher (ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC before anyone asks/moans).

It's expensive yeah. And people really should stop pre-ordering games, especially AAA games, especially fighting games on the PC which are often riddled with bugs and lacking features. Looking at you, MKX and DOA5:LR.

But it's Street Fighter V. It's not like I won't be buying it day one anyway, regardless. After playing a few matches of it at an event in Leeds, I need to play it again, the sooner the better.

MadGear

Do you plan on refunding it after the beta or do you not mind the price tag? I usually would never drop 60 bucks on any game ... and I really shouldn't make an exception to this rule just because its Street Fighter. But since refunding is an option I might just temporarily preorder it on Steam until I find a better deal. Still feels like cheating though.

Uzzy

Do you plan on refunding it after the beta or do you not mind the price tag? I usually would never drop 60 bucks on any game ... and I really shouldn't make an exception to this rule just because its Street Fighter. But since refunding is an option I might just temporarily preorder it on Steam until I find a better deal. Still feels like cheating though.

I think it depends entirely on how well the Beta runs. If it's looking good and working well on PC, then I'd probably keep it around. If not, then a chunk of refund money before the winter sale would be a nice bonus.

I'm the same though, normally I wouldn't drop £45 on a game. But in this case, I'll make the exception. I mean, if I wasn't getting it day 1 on PC, I'd just be getting it day 1 on PS4. So £45 is a bit cheaper than the £350 I'd end up paying.

Still, I guess it's good to know where my principles end. Turns out, it's right around when Chun Li appears.

AHA-Lambda

It's been done, I have decided to embrace the alien DLC.

I also have to thank the desire to buy Isolation's Season Pass to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXmaTFIY0c

Oh my, I feel this is in reference to something I will understand soon. I'm actually very blind on both titles outside of reception.

Then I'll probably find enjoyment, I tend not to judge something until I've had my own hands-on time with it, and I find myself to be pretty open-minded. I can enjoy B-fare games in their own way too.

Don't regret it, I agree with the vid, as much as they're only challenge maps the Alien DLC is very good and really challenging!

I strongly recommend Niko: Through the Dream, it releases tomorrow on Steam and GoG, it's just 9 bucks.

I'm streaming it now: http://www.twitch.tv/diigoliath

It's a spanish indie puzzle art game, and it features some traditional 2D animation and I'm sure there's some Totoro influence there. It looks beaaautiful and it's pretty funny.

6JcAE56.jpg

6wWszLE.jpg

Better with a controller. The KB/m controls are serviceable if you are just starting out, but the controller really is recommended

No it's not.
It's on PC.
So you should automatically be playing with a keyboard/mouse setup.

Maybe for you dirty UK heathens it's new.
NA preorder has been up for awhile now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Groupees Be Mine 21 bundle pre-order is live right now.

First three games (of 7) revealed:

header.jpg

Clandestinity of Elsie
World War Two veteran and mentally-damaged alcoholic Hayden Warrick awakens from a night of drinking to find that his wife Elsie has mysteriously disappeared.

header.jpg

Kingdom Wars 2: Battles
KW2B brings zombie survival to medieval strategy. With epic storytelling and complex crafting, fight to survive through brutal siege combat, fighting each other, and hordes of Zombies. With complex castle and city building, beautiful, yet gory battlefields await in episodic story campaign, mmo skirmish and coop

header.jpg

Moebius: Empire Rising
Moebius: Empire Rising is a contemporary adventure that merges classic point-and-click puzzle solving with Jane Jensen’s sophisticated storytelling. Travel the world using Malachi’s unique deductive powers to analyze suspects, make historical connections, and uncover the truth behind a theory of space and time

All three of these confirmed 100%.

EDIT:

You ninja'd me as I was typing this out. XD;

Vuze

I strongly recommend Niko: Through the Dream, it releases tomorrow on Steam and GoG, it's just 9 bucks.

I'm streaming it now: http://www.twitch.tv/diigoliath

It's a spanish indie puzzle art game, and it features some traditional 2D animation and I'm sure there's some Totoro influence there. It looks beaaautiful and it's pretty funny.

6JcAE56.jpg

6wWszLE.jpg
That looks and sounds like my cup of tea. Thanks for the heads up!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I must have clicked on this game half a dozen times now after seeing the store art. Every time I am disappointed that it turns out to be some little RPGmaker game instead of anything like what the image portrays.

It's probably good. I've played some very good RPG Maker horror games and the reviews for the game are unanimously positive, with lots of people praising its story and atmosphere.

That said, the art does paint a different image than the art style they went with.

Dr Dogg

ArjanN

Probably better asking here. This question pertains to Way of the Samurai 4:

From what I've seen (and playing some of the other WotS games) the combat is a lot more basic. It's also more of an RPG/choose your own path sort of game than those other games which are just 100% action games.

Happy Eid whatever that is and
happy birthday to me

Have some bundle junk:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fullbore -- MB-12F34A5F7D77A04F - Taken by Purkake4

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Streaming Videos and Console Input methods, did any of you see that guy who can play Darks Souls with an arcade stick using his feet? Yes you heard right his feet. He's pretty good too.

Lain

Did you ever play Quake 2? Due to the game having its physics having a variable time step you could cause some awesome glitches most notably various super human jumps and mid air side strafes. Different frame rates yielded different results to the extent you had some folks running the game with certain shaders disabled to get the framerate up that high.

Man how times of changed.

I remember all those guides about tweaking the config files to remove as much stuff as possible to get as much fps as possible. It was quite the interesting part of the game.

L.O.R.D

ok , my friend just saw the new iMAC with 5K display and he want to buy it
he asked me if he can run games on it , also he want to desgin some 3D art on it ( despite he don't know anything about design )
its come with AMD Radeon R9 M290X with 2GB video memory

yes, this is mobile card , why they put mobile card in a desktop MAC ?

Dr Dogg

I remember all those guides about tweaking the config files to remove as much stuff as possible to get as much fps as possible. It was quite the interesting part of the game.

It's crazy that this game from '97 was one where peeps were degrading visual quality to increase framerate where the opposite is what happens today.

Wake me when someone uses kb/m with their feet. #PCMR

Hahaha. I know you're joshing but I know I can use a 2 button mouse with my feet and I can't imagine a keyboard is that much harder. I propose we have a feet off. Pick a game, one person with a controller the other kb&m but no hands just feet and see what really is the controller scheme to rule them all!!!

fantomena

Rocket League is definetly best with a controller. Aerial shots is way easier to do with a controller, mostly because somehow KB/M is less precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom