• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
When is the next batch? I know I'm not going to take anything, but I get excited searching for that diamond in the rough.

in like 2 minutes in the gaming forum

third batch will probably be in this thread tonight

edit: up
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080818
125 more

tried to get deus ex and i received a code similar to the ones that modbot generates ( MB-ADASDFFS) , theres a way to use it ?

no this is probably someone testing the system

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Heads-up, SOMA hands-on previews are out, there was a 3-4 hour demo several publications got to play. Spoilers, of course, but non-spoiler version: All of the articles are EXTREMELY positive, they say this might be Frictional's best game, even over Penumbra and Amnesia, and the game really gets under your skin, sticks with you, is surprising and full of unexpected twists and turns, has the sort of horror than Penumbra and Amnesia had but goes deeper and away from that for something far more subtle and building. They also can't talk about it, but many say they don't want to spoil it, but apparently the game has an amazing story.

If you want to know more, topic is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080815

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot gained sentience?! Yeah, I know it's just Stump posting as Modbot. :p

I don't normally post as ModBot except for anonymous thread locks (which all mods do and it doesn't require actually logging into modbot's account), but I was too lazy to code posting the ModBot megadumps automatically so I had to manually switch accounts hahaha. If I had posted it as me it's more likely I'd be getting half the ModBot PMs.

Speaking of which, I needed to do something with ModBot 3 the other day and when I logged in, I found hundreds of people entering for giveaways on ModBot 3. I think what happens is that people go to their inbox and reply to the most recent ModBot PM they got, but if it's from ModBot 3 then they don't notice the "3". Not only does that not work, but ModBot 3 doesn't auto-clear its inbox so the error is immortalized forever.

Belgarion

Modbot gained sentience?! Yeah, I know it's just Stump posting as Modbot. :p

kzrivu3.png

The key for Red Faction is Armageddon Path to War DLC -- L6PWM-4AYJC-M8H67

Maybe this one works, thought based on my testing wouldn't get hope up (Wanted the original game) :p

You must have just beat me to it. I was hoping it would be the original Red Faction 1 too!

komorebi

i can't on earth explain what happened there, I promise I've had bastion for years and didn't claim it.

ModBot giveth and ModBot taketh away

edit: Mystery Game 2 -- MB-8C68B0BA59DDE3FF - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot

except.... I got Mystery Game 2, it was FTL (which I already have)

madjoki

Bastion -- MB-504A243523E0CA46 - Taken by ModBot
Bastion -- MB-E55965A8AEE0E127 - Taken by ModBot
Bastion -- MB-0855A8BDF856EE54 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot
Batman -- MB-48CB33F0D1A2CD48 - Taken by ModBot
Batman #2 -- MB-F836A88FE9921BB8 - Taken by ModBot
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-DE976F5E4A0E81B3 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot
FTL -- MB-AC7C3636CAF446E5 - Taken by ModBot
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-0DE385751A6D1CA5 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-78A2C85CE4807453 - Taken by ModBot
Garry's Mod -- MB-7C112104EA1631BB - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot
Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi -- MB-7FCA53D2D6F9A0AA - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-8C68B0BA59DDE3FF - Taken by ModBot - Taken by ModBot

ModBot is such a greedy bot.

shockdude

Such a shame that BetterDS3 requires that driver because it is one versatile little program.
MotioninJoy is actually a very good driver, and it's safe to use when you replace the web-based driver tool with a modded tool that stores the web pages locally. Unfortunately the forum thread that hosted the offline tool is gone, but I still have the files in case anyone wants them.
BetterDS3 is fantastic as well.

Edit: Found a Youtube tutorial which has links to the offline mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNocakZt5OQ

Edit: Modbot be takin more games.
eXceed -- MB-F09DB5766F5D6CD0 - Taken by ModBot
eXceed 2nd -- MB-C80515763F5A10FA - Taken by ModBot

Dsyndrome

Surprised at the level of porting done with Alien: Isolation, everything's cranked without a hitch. Why couldn't you do that, Arkham Knight?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i can't on earth explain what happened there, I promise I've had bastion for years and didn't claim it.

I figured out why, I totally remember this.

With these garbage dump giveaways, the "winner" of the giveaway is marked as ModBot so as to avoid penalizing someone for claiming something so they're not subject to a cooldown timer when entering other real giveaways. So if you check the database, ALL these games were "claimed" by ModBot.

If the edit process fails the first time, then ModBot waits a while before trying to edit the post. When it goes back and tries to edit it, it gets the winner from the database to generate the edit message. In the database, the winner is marked as ModBot.

Copons

Damn X-Files.

Yesterday I watched some bits of the very first episode and goddamn, Mulder looks like a toddler, like 10 years younger than me, even though he was 2 years older (than me today).
I mean, he looks even younger than Denise in Twin Peaks a couple of years before.

How he got from there to Hank Moody is the most unsolvable mystery of the entire FBI basement's history

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
omg that contradiction game looks actually hilarious

You reminded me I needed to pick this up, I had known about the game since earlier this year when I researched FMV games, and this had come up. Happy it got on Steam.

Will play it and post impressions here later.

DOPE ASS BATMAN AO SKINS?

I'm intrigued. Weren't there non-buyable skins? I think that probably wasn't what was unclaimed though.
Speaking of skins in that game, what a shame that the Nightmare skin was yanked from the game with no real explaination, but still remained in the story of the game.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My new roommate is spider and it is really nice guy/girl. It just sits in one place catches other bugs :D It hasn't moved from that one place in like 5 days.

I like good spider bros. Just don't invade my bed or shower/bath.

One time a spider did nest in our couch and laid eggs. Not pleasant to see baby spiders allover you.

dot

My new roommate is spider and it is really nice guy/girl. It just sits in one place catches other bugs :D It hasn't moved from that one place in like 5 days.

You're probably gonna wake up one day with it on your face. Spiders can't ever be trusted.

Chariot

I like spiders in my room, I leave them alone usually, just put them somewhere else when they are in danger of being crushed by me (like running around on my desk or at the wall next to my bed). They keep annoying bugs away and keep their activity mostly where it doesn't bother me. Spiders in general are humanities best friends. Wouldn't be too keen on a venmous though.

I like spiders in my room, I leave them alone usually, just put them somewhere else when they are in danger of being crushed by me (like running around on my desk or at the wall next to my bed). They keep annoying bugs away and keep their activity mostly where it doesn't bother me. Spiders in general are humanities best friends. Wouldn't be too keen on a venmous though.
Make sure the radioactive one, bites you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom