• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn X-Files.

Yesterday I watched some bits of the very first episode and goddamn, Mulder looks like a toddler, like 10 years younger than me, even though he was 2 years older (than me today).
I mean, he looks even younger than Denise in Twin Peaks a couple of years before.

How he got from there to Hank Moody is the most unsolvable mystery of the entire FBI basement's history

Can't wait! Netflix just added the remastered Wide screen HD/ 5.1 versions of season 4-6 today, gotta finish rewatching the whole series now.

Good mor...

833.gif

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Exclusive Alienware Skin Case -- MB-6B4294C606070FDE - Taken by Spirited

xyxy

Haunted

I thought lashman was recommending and highlighting worthwhile new releases for a while, I didn't know he was like a spambot posting these automatically or something.

Chariot

I thought lashman was recommending and highlighting worthwhile new releases for a while, I didn't know he was like a spambot posting these automatically or something.
No. Noooo! Don't start this again. I swear, I will spam my favourite anime gifs if you start that again.

Tizoc

Just got King's Quest 2015 and WotS4 for $44 =3
Can't wait to finally experience WotS4 with no screen tearing and at a proper performance.

Mivey

Well, maybe if he published the code of his bot on Github or something, Steam Gaf could expand it a bit, like adding generic descriptions based of the most recommended Steam Reviews.
Like so: "I really like this game, because of feature X and played it for Y hours. Good game!"

You guys can't seriously complain about someone posting new releases when 2-3 pages of every thread are completely taken up with HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Cmon now

Arthea

anybody plans to pick Celestian Tales day one? Or write about it for August thread?

Chariot, even if I totally agree with you, except Sakura Spirit talk, could you kindly quote that pic?

Chariot

anybody plans to pick Celestian Tales day one? Or write about it for August thread?

Chariot, even if I totally agree with you, except Sakura Spirit talk, could you kindly quote that pic?
Sorry, done!

Was Celestian Tales that jrpg or am I fooled by the "Tales"?

?

What's going on? =/

I believe that Ningen ran away from a red-haired girl yesterday

Been around enough to know a little bit now
and I'm sittin' on top of the world
Wangin' on a guitar while the sun goes down
singin' a song about a redheaded girl

http://youtu.be/lFP8hwP3M9o

Christ, we've lost another to the waifu pandemic...

Wouldn't the redhead girl run away from me more likely? >:3

http://i.imgur.com/jtHGIpd.jpg/img]

Guys. For real. We had this shit twice already. We don't need it again. It was said what was said. Just let it go.

Let's talk about Sakura Spirit or something.[/QUOTE]

who are you?

Arthea

Sorry, done!

Was Celestian Tales that jrpg or am I fooled by the "Tales"?

it's the one that probably borrows from Suikoden somewhat, at least that's how it looks to me, that's why I'm so excited about it, hopefully it will be good (not as good as Suikoden, I'm not that delusional).

Arthea

Shyamalan plot twist:
you are the redhead girl.

Is that really Sakura Spirit in a nutshell, because I may need to gift copies. >>

that's no twist at all, she is!

As far as I can see it is, I really hope you refrain from making steam even bigger mistake than it is now, Sakura sold ten times more than it should already.

FloatOn

I didn't have a ton of time to mess around with it this morning but is the evil within on pc a piece of shit?

whenever I set the video options to 1080p the screen misaligns to the lower right corner.

Chariot

I'm always up to talk about shiny boobs.
Sakura Spirit is more than shiny boobs. This magnificient game builds a narrative of escapism that it ultimately subverts in the end when the protagonist decides to go back to his real life instead of staying at the world with the humanoid fantasy creatures that wants to mate him. Similiar to Bioshock it gives you choices that aren't real choices because they lead to the same end. The twist is of course that this choice influences the fantasy world and don't matter because the fantasy world doesn't matter. The protsgonist has a love interest in real life and the fanatsy girls are only aspects of her personality the protahonist perceives in certain ways. In the end the player decides what aspects of the girl he values the most. The short run time keep the story short and snappy and allows for fast paced action scenes and an ideal balance of the players time.

it's the one that probably borrows from Suikoden somewhat, at least that's how it looks to me, that's why I'm so excited about it, hopefully it will be good (not as good as Suikoden, I'm not that delusional).
I need to take a look at Suikoden. Heard it so often, but still no idea whst that game is.

Sch1sm

I didn't have a ton of time to mess around with it this morning but is the evil within on pc a piece of shit?

whenever I set the video options to 1080p the screen misaligns to the lower right corner.

Gonna have to edit the properties of the exe.

Check the following:

- disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Should be fine then.

iosefe

Sakura Spirit is more than shiny boobs. This magnificient game builds a narrative of escapism that it ultimately subverts in the end when the protagonist decides to go back to his real life instead of staying at the world with the humanoid fantasy creatures that wants to mate him. Similiar to Bioshock it gives you choices that aren't real choices because they lead to the same end. The twist is of course that this choice influences the fantasy world and don't matter because the fantasy world doesn't matter. The protsgonist has a love interest in real life and the fanatsy girls are only aspects of her personality the protahonist perceives in certain ways. In the end the player decides what aspects of the girl he values the most. The short run time keep the story short and snappy and allows for fast paced action scenes and an ideal balance of the players time.
Is this a serious deconstruction of Sakura Spirit?

Just got King's Quest 2015 and WotS4 for $44 =3
Can't wait to finally experience WotS4 with no screen tearing and at a proper performance.

Speaking of WotS4, I'd like to repeat my request for someone to grab an extra copy for me and I'll trade you or whatever upon my return cause I'm gonna miss the sale. C'mon, help out ol' Gil, wouldja? I really need this...

Arthea

Sakura Spirit is ...

I need to take a look at Suikoden. Heard it so often, but still no idea whst that game is.

spockeyebrow.gif

Suikoden is much more than just a game, it's series very loosely based on Shui Hu Zhuan (classical Chinese novel). These are games dealing with politics, intrigue, revolutions, rebellions, outlaws and fate, even more these are known for every game having 108 stars or destiny (protagonists) and teaching that in grand scheme of things nobody is really expendable.

If you wanna try those and have PS3 (or Vita) you are lucky, after years of begging Konami finally put both first games on PSN and we are getting third in the future, or so it would seem.
Keep in mind these are rather old games, tho.

Whooter

Has anyone ever ordered anything from Nuuvem and not had the games show up on their account, even after getting the confirmation emails from both Nuuvem and PayPal? Bought a couple of things last night, and got an email from Nuuvem saying "order complete! Go get your games!" but when I check my account, they're not there.

I've purchased in the past, and things appeared instantly on my account, just not this time.

Sakura Spirit is more than shiny boobs. This magnificient game builds a narrative of escapism that it ultimately subverts in the end when the protagonist decides to go back to his real life instead of staying at the world with the humanoid fantasy creatures that wants to mate him. Similiar to Bioshock it gives you choices that aren't real choices because they lead to the same end. The twist is of course that this choice influences the fantasy world and don't matter because the fantasy world doesn't matter. The protsgonist has a love interest in real life and the fanatsy girls are only aspects of her personality the protahonist perceives in certain ways. In the end the player decides what aspects of the girl he values the most. The short run time keep the story short and snappy and

I saw what you did there, lol.

Sch1sm

Has anyone ever ordered anything from Nuuvem and not had the games show up on their account, even after getting the confirmation emails from both Nuuvem and PayPal? Bought a couple of things last night, and got an email from Nuuvem saying "order complete! Go get your games!" but when I check my account, they're not there.

I've purchased in the past, and things appeared instantly on my account, just not this time.

Better take it to support.

Vuze

Well, something similar. One key for a game I ordered never showed up. Store page said they'll restock soon but never did. I got a refund but apparently their customer support is dead right now or something since they haven't replied to another issue within the last three weeks despite promising they would get back to me on twitter lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ghosted Knife of Dunwall in Dishonored. This route was way harder than the main game, they really created more challenging scenarios in this episode. The final mission was brutal. I kept thinking that maybe saving the assassins wasn't required to complete the mission? If so, then I lost a lot of time lol

Whooter

Well, something similar. One key for a game I ordered never showed up. Store page said they'll restock soon but never did. I got a refund but apparently their customer support is dead right now or something since they haven't replied to another issue within the last three weeks despite promising they would get back to me on twitter lol

Well that's disheartening. I did send a message to support last night. Hopefully it'll get answered...

Arthea

Almost forgot most important thing, that very first Suikoden is my Gom Jabbar test, if people don't like it and don't do certain things (spoiler, not gonna post what), they aren't humans.
I'm not serious. Or am I?

Well, maybe if he published the code of his bot on Github or something, Steam Gaf could expand it a bit, like adding generic descriptions based of the most recommended Steam Reviews.
Like so: "I really like this game, because of feature X and played it for Y hours. Good game!"

You know it's not really a bot, right? That's just a joke.

Sakura Spirit is more than shiny boobs.

Similiar to Bioshock

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom