• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

spockeyebrow.gif

Suikoden is much more than just a game, it's series very loosely based on Shui Hu Zhuan (classical Chinese novel). These are games dealing with politics, intrigue, revolutions, rebellions, outlaws and fate, even more these are known for every game having 108 stars or destiny (protagonists) and teaching that in grand scheme of things nobody is really expendable.

If you wanna try those and have PS3 (or Vita) you are lucky, after years of begging Konami finally put both first games on PSN and we are getting third in the future, or so it would seem.
Keep in mind these are rather old games, tho.

I can't believe how long it's been since the first two titles were originally released. They provided some great memories, and the soundtracks are still Youtube material. Missed out on the others(3 never grabbed me), but since 5 is said to harken back to the originals, it might be worth picking up on my end.

dex3108

Friend and i finished BattleBlock Theater 100% (A++ on all levels including Encore) on Normal. It is fun little game but i can't say that it is that good platformer. Rayman and Ory are far better.

Pachimari

I have decided to sell all of my consoles (keeping the PS4 though), and I'll try a change-up in my life. And with this decision, I will also be able to focus on the tons of games I got on PC. I have like 15 games on Wii U and never play them, I only bought them because of hype.

This might also make me find new hobbies, so that it won't only consist of video games (and films/tv shows recently).

AHA-Lambda

So Shenmue 3 is now the biggest games Kickstarter ever?

Tbh, as much as that is great for Shenmue 3, I still think it's sad when the campaign was so damn shoddy and the previous number one, Bloodstained, was the perfectly ran KS campaign.

Friend and i finished BattleBlock Theater 100% (A++ on all levels including Encore) on Normal. It is fun little game but i can't say that it is that good platformer. Rayman and Ory are far better.

I love the secret levels, not because they are that well designed but the song!

"It's a secret, yabba dabba dab dab dibbidy dab dab..."

Arthea

I can't believe how long it's been since the first two titles were originally released. They provided some great memories, and the soundtracks are still Youtube material. Missed out on the others(3 never grabbed me), but since 5 is said to reckon back to the originals, it might be worth picking up on my end.
Third maybe isn't a best Suikoden game, but it's a very interesting game in its own right because of its structure and it has some of the best characters in series too.
Fifth is a really great game, only it runs like shit, for reasons nobody understands, it's not graphic powerhouse or anything, it just runs poorly.
What I would give for it properly rereleased on PC without those problems... or for proper Suikoden 6.
oh well, there is always a hope to cling to.

So Shenmue 3 is now the biggest games Kickstarter ever?

Tbh, as much as that is great for Shenmue 3, I still think it's sad when the campaign was so damn shoddy and the previous number one, Bloodstained, was the perfectly ran KS campaign.

and I still don't see what's shoddy about it
except maybe those stretch goals, these were underwhelming.

Shadownet

Banned
I swear, I thought chariot said Sakura Spirit was shit like 3 days ago.. And now he's praising it.. I haven't been this confused since I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time.

couldn't tell it was amazing or the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

AHA-Lambda

and I still don't see what's shoddy about it
except maybe those stretch goals, these were underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for the project and may well put money in before it finishes actually, but the campaign as a whole did seem pretty amateur hour.

From the nature of the announcement to questions of it's funding, the source of funding and how much was really needed after all those ridiculous stretch goals. Then a general lack of communication and engagement from AJ. Contrast that with Bloodstained, who actively engaged with the community and were much more forthcoming about the project, even with a similar lack of produced game content.

Plus for quite a time, the campaign really did slow to a crawl, so I think these concerns have merit. It only seemingly to picked up again with the physical PS4 tier being added; it didn't look like a typical KS trough you'd see in the middle of funding.

Dr Dogg

The funny thing is that if VR has taught us anything (well those who had never used a high refresh rate display before) that 60hz really isn't that good for optimal persistence of vision. And if adaptable refresh rate technology like Gysnc and Adaptive Sync have showed that if display manufactures just bothered a little that syncing refresh rate to the games themselves isn't that difficult and offers tremendous results. But hey as I said yesterday the great framerate debate hardly ever reaches the point of debate and soon descends into flinging insults at one another (as that thread shows).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
SjwJxtJ.jpg

Caerith

spockeyebrow.gif

Suikoden is much more than just a game, it's series very loosely based on Shui Hu Zhuan (classical Chinese novel). These are games dealing with politics, intrigue, revolutions, rebellions, outlaws and fate, even more these are known for every game having 108 stars or destiny (protagonists) and teaching that in grand scheme of things nobody is really expendable.

If you wanna try those and have PS3 (or Vita) you are lucky, after years of begging Konami finally put both first games on PSN and we are getting third in the future, or so it would seem.
Keep in mind these are rather old games, tho.

Not having played Suikoden, I did not know that.

All we need now is a game loosely based on Dream of the Red Chamber.

Dr Dogg

One day the mods will swap this thread and the animu thread around just to try and confuse us. I wonder if they talk about Steam more than their waifu's over there?

Sadly The Riddler was the best boss fight in the game. Christ it was about the only traditional boss fight in the whole flipping game but you had to fuck about getting every single trophy, riddle, bomb stuck in head guy which was quite the helping of tedium.

Shadownet

Banned
You guys took away his :) and ;)

Now all he does is stay relevant to the thread and people are disliking him for that?

I always like his posts, dunno why people are complaining.
To be fair, he did the first thing to himself. It was getting quite excessive. I was beginning to think lashman was a teenage american girl.

Dr Dogg

Maybe they already did but no one noticed.

Hahaha well I think the regulars in here for the past couple have years have seen the levels of anime rise exponentially.

Atlus published Vannilaware HD project being teased. Keep your fingers crossed for a PC version.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1080860&page=1

Have Vannilaware put out a game on more than one platform at the same time? I know Muramasa got a Vita port but that was at a later date (and I'm not sure even they handled it). Saying that was playing Dragons Crown the other day and that had a PS3 and Vita version out day and date. Something along those lines on PC would be awesome but I wont hold my breath.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
rsZOvIt.gif

Also thanks derexperte for the alienware dirty bomb loadouts, it's better than most of the ones I have right now

Dr Dogg

Simple it's the 4th game of his shit and people got sick of it fast!
It was only done particularly well in AA anyways.

Add into this a100% requirement to get the only satisfying ending in the game; no wonder people hate the f*cking riddler.

I don't know, I thought they were alright in Origins. There's less of them for a start, plus various sets unlock things (character profiles, interviews, challenge maps etc) a bit quicker than the other games. Although seeing as it had a glitch where if you entered one of the transmitter rooms the wrong way it fucked up the game it could also be said to be the worst. But at least you didn't have to use the Batmobile umpteen times as your flipping spare pair of hands to hold shit open.

Nabs

I hate that we can't discuss the state of this thread without people getting emotional or defensive. It's really weird stuff.

Dirty Bomb Alienware Skin Case

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dirty Bomb Alienware Skin Case -- MB-B90BF90D0395000E - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.

t1437152441z1.png

Dr Dogg

I hate that we can't discuss the state of this thread without people getting emotional or defensive. It's really weird stuff.

Sadly that's the way almost any thread, community or article specific, goes when you have various opposing stances on here these days. Instead of coming to and agreement and making compromises that work to serve a common goal, few seem willing to relent from their position.

But hey you know how it goes in here, there's more off topic conversation and conversation about how off topic were are than anything Steam related.

So on a Steam related note, what happened to our Metagamerscore ranking? We're 5th now. We really all should be playing more games, maybe even reignite the Games Night initiative with a view to knocking out pesky MP Achievements and such. Thoughts anyone?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sadly that's the way almost any thread, community or article specific, goes when you have various opposing stances on here these days. Instead of coming to and agreement and making compromises that work to serve a common goal, few seem willing to relent from their position.

But hey you know how it goes in here, there's more off topic conversation and conversation about how off topic were are than anything Steam related.

So on a Steam related note, what happened to our Metagamerscore ranking? We're 5th now. We really all should be playing more games, maybe even reignite the Games Night initiative with a view to knocking out pesky MP Achievements and such. Thoughts anyone?

I'm all for some MP games one night a week together with some steamgaffers.

pahamrick

I wouldn't mind it, I will soon buy a R9 390 and mostly am kinda worried about performence for nvidia gameworks games. (I shouldn't be as MGSV: ground zeroes works fine)

Seems like some 'Gameworks' features work fine, even on AMD cards. But yeah, if GZ was anything to go buy TPP should be a pretty solid port.

I mean, I was getting almost locked 60fps on GZ on mostly high settings with crossfired 5870s and my i7 920. Sure, it was two video cards but they were 5 year old cards.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

There was some talk about rekindling weekly MP activities a few months ago, though it hadn't gained much traction. Couldn't hurt to try again, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom