• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will never be Skullgirls time...

nQNo61Y.gif

tomorrow :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hate that we can't discuss the state of this thread without people getting emotional or defensive. It's really weird stuff.

Let's blame the millennials. I bet some of these dudes bring their parents with them when they post.

Dr Dogg

I'm all for some MP games one night a week together with some steamgaffers.

There was some talk about rekindling weekly MP activities a few months ago, though it hadn't gained much traction. Couldn't hurt to try again, though!

Time zones might still be a factor but I'm sure we've all got some games with pesky multiplayer achievements we want shot of.

I've actually got a bunch of GFWL stuff installed I want to get through before Win 10 releases as I get the feeling it wont play nice with that if even work at all.

Let's blame the millennials. I bet some of these dudes bring their parents with them when they post.

I interviewed a guy once that brought his mum and his shopping along with him. Needless to say I didn't offer him the position.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Peek at the KF2 Demolitions Perk weapons!

WWAUT - The Tools Of A Demo
As we work towards the upcoming big content update, new systems and weapons continue to come online. Today I would like to talk about the weapons of the Demolitions Perk. I’ll be going down the list in order from tier 1 to 4 adding additional information about the known weapons as well as delving into the new ones. As always keep in mind that everything is subject to change as development continues, so let us begin!

Leading this explosive charge is the tier 1 starting weapon, the HX 25 grenade pistol. Designed for close encounters of the enemy (and zed) kind, it was developed to shoot either a cluster of submunitions or a 20mm grenade for a bit of additional reach. The submunitions will shoot out in a spread and explode on contact with any surface at any range. While Horzine tried pitching this weapon as the ultimate in close-in home defense, it was later relegated to security force use only within the company. Something to do with the complaints about sub-intestinal splatter patterns on the curtains.

HX25_KF2.png

Next on the field is the old fashioned C4, with a few modern upgrades thanks to the cheap and easy to use Horzino motherboard. This allows any budding demo to lay out up to 8 C4 and detonate them in the order in which they were laid.

C4TriggerKF2.gif

A blast from the past, is what many in Horzine security teams call the M79 grenade launcher. But this trusty old favorite of militaries and security forces can get the job done. Point it at the enemy, push a round down range and watch it all explode!

M79_KF2.png

And to round things off every demo should be prepared for the worst with access to something designed to take down a tank. Cue the RPG-7, used by insurgents and (cheap) militaries the world over, its no surprise that many of these found their ways into the hands of Horzine’s private security forces as a cheap but effective “security” measure. But one should always keep in mind that ammo for this weapon is limited, and it may have other dangers (all users are requested to fully read the manual, specifically the section on back blasts and safety).

RPGBackBlast.gif

For those who like numbers, we have updated our dev days left graph with the latest. As always please remember what these numbers represent (you can find that here: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434017605/announcements/detail/787351262233645337 ).

DevDays7_16.PNG

Dr Dogg

GetGames 2K 'complete' weekend.
Borderlands GOTY, Borderlands 2 GOTY, Civilization V Complete, XCOM Complete 75% off, Evolve 50% off

What if they meant it runs for the complete weekend. Didn't think of that now did you!
Of course we know they didn't mean that.

Which is a real shitter as I want Blands 1.5's seasons pass before enduring that. He says after putting 10 hours into Blands 2 last week and, shock horror, actually having fun.

Going to put a key for a Steam game in this post...it's a "mystery" game from the GMG sale so I have no idea what it is so hopefully someone can use it

Quote To See

Grief.exe

Atlus and PC? Haha.

Atlus is fully focused on their home market which is Japan and in Japan PC gaming in almost non-existent.

Atlus is owned by Sega, which makes a large portion of their income from the PC platform. Atlus has already published games on PC.

It's worth speculation at the very least.

Because ACE team is a PC focused dev, Atlus as a publisher is not.

Now you're moving the goalposts.

Again, worthy of speculation as markets an corporations are constantly shifting. Niche games on PC are a very profitable venture.

Hello people. Been uncomfortably hot lately and sitting in front of PC became a no-go. Hopefully from today on I'll be more adequate to cope with the weather.

Long post, caught up with about two days and will have to go offline again, visitors and such.
I have to make a few changes in ModBot so round 3 will probably be tomorrow morning Pacific, maybe around 10AM or so?
Neat. Gonna try to be online.
Thank Lord GabeN, I am finally free to unleash my inner Dark Souls pro with kb/m controls.
It's a dark day when we loose frost to the kb/m circle :p
Happy Eid whatever that is and
happy birthday to me
Happy birthday chucky! Have a good one with your wife.
I strongly recommend Niko: Through the Dream, it releases tomorrow on Steam and GoG, it's just 9 bucks.

It's a spanish indie puzzle art game, and it features some traditional 2D animation and I'm sure there's some Totoro influence there. It looks beaaautiful and it's pretty funny.
Looking good. Here steamlink.

Fuck. I accidently bought a DRM free copy of Alpha Protocol. Does Gamersgate refund?
Probably not, if it's DRM free. Fuck. Wasted money on a perfectly fine, but DRM free game.
No worries. They refunded my DRM-free misspurchase in less than a day. Not back to Paypal though, only GMG credit.

Oops, mixed up GMG with Gamersgate, sorry.
The heck is with this tag, mod mangs?

srsly
Fits you!
I've cracked the secret code for ridding yourself of an unwanted tag anyway.

Ask to have your username changed and your tag becomes 'The Poster Formally Known As <insert old name here>'
Not true.

I asked admin to change my username and alas. Better that way though.
Wow that's expensive. Dreamspark come on!
13,79&#8364; This is how you price older game ports.
Really hope it becomes successful. We need
I want
more Japanese old ports.
Flying visit as I've finally, finally after 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 hours have internet worth a shit (well not really but better than spending £130 on my phone bill last month just to be somewhat connected to the civilised world) but off on holiday tomorrow so sod fucking about in here but does anyone have a copy of my avatar I haven't ruined with CA, facial hair or Christmas shit (I know some of you have your odd 'hobbies' which might include avatar collecting)? My stock avatar PSD is stuck on a PC in storage and I don't fancy paying the cost of getting them to come out. Cheers!
Yo! Welcome back. Have a nice vacation bud o/
---
Steam Android App got an update to Version 2.0.21 (15.07.15)

What's New

Visual changes
No need to force quit the app
Will not use battery when it is inactive
Will not log in unexpectedly
Startup screen can be set
Chat history from other devices is available
Sending chats to offline friends is possible
Navigation menu has links to Inventory, Library, Going offline and Logging out
Single chat notification
Login page will not refresh upon switching away from the app
Fix for some HTC and Samsung devices
Fix for paypal purchases

Parsnip

That Atlus / Vanillavare thing looks like Odin Sphere HD with the way the thing looks like a Napple Seed. Always hopeful for PC version, but not holding my breath for sure. Sega is such a wildcard.

Caerith

Atlus is owned by Sega, which makes a large portion of their income from the PC platform. Atlus has already published games on PC.

It's worth speculation at the very least.
Atlus-as-publisher has published games on PC, but as far as I'm aware no Atlus-as-developer games have been published on PC. There's no reason they couldn't be, but they haven't.

Likewise, Vanillaware games have only ever been published on one platform. (Dragon's Crown isn't much of an exception, since PS3 and Vita are sometimes a "one platform, two devices" situation.) There's no reason they couldn't have been published multi-platform and/or on PC, but they haven't.

It'd be nice if Atlus started bringing good games to PC though.

Kiru

Going to put a key for a Steam game in this post...it's a "mystery" game from the GMG sale so I have no idea what it is so hopefully someone can use it

Quote To See

A Valley without Wind 1 & 2. Already own it though, probably taken now anyway...^^

Turfster

IndieGala Friday Special bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Not Without my Donuts
  • Tompi Jones
  • Undead Shadows
TIER 2: 2.89$, price will increase
  • Pixel Star
  • Space Robot Samurai Zombie Slayers
  • Clash of Puppets
  • Paper Monsters Recut
  • Predator Simulator
  • Unheard Screams
  • Ravensword Shadowlands
  • Tobe's Vertical Adventure
  • Crystal Catacombs

MaxiLive

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tompi Jones -- MB-11F9B20D4F36B6A5 - Taken by bobnowhere

Spare!

Looking good. Here steamlink.

Yup, thanks for the steamlink.

Niko: Through The Dream has officialy been released!
Official Website --> www.nikodream.com
Trailer --> www.youtube.com
Steam --> store.steampowered.com
It's also available on GoG .

I've also made some screenshots and I've created an imgur gallery:
[CONTAINS SPOILERS] --> http://imgur.com/a/gVKxt

Quoting myself from yesterday:
I strongly recommend Niko: Through the Dream, it releases tomorrow on Steam and GoG, it's just 9 bucks.

Niko: Through the Dream is a beautiful spanish indie puzzle art game with overwhelming aesthetics and a very touching OST that offers you lots of hours of entertainment. Its puzzles aren't basic, they're complex, very interesting and funny. The game has been designed perfectly to make the puzzles fit on every level in such a way that the game is telling you a story without actually narrating it. Really impressive. One of the best indie games I've ever played. I strongly recommend it.

http://i.imgur.com/6JcAE56.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6wWszLE.jpg

And some more screenshots:
4PjvbuC.jpg

bVebSvJ.jpg

As I said, more screenshots on the imgur gallery above.

Give it a try, i'm really liking it. I wasn't expecting I would like it so much.

Pre-ordering the Groupees BM21. Mainly want Cosmochoria. If I recall correctly, a GAF member made the game.
Other games in the bundle are Moebius: Empire Rising, SimpleRockets, Kingdom Wars 2: Battles, Clandestinity of Elsie, SECTOR, FragFest.

AlienWare stream game today is Dungeon Defenders II.

I feel like my current sleeping schedule is more in line with European time zones. (= o =) zzz

Fitting avatar. :D

Of course~

I wish they would also play the first DD game, I'd be able to join in the fun then.
I wonder how many people have the second one, this stream won't have a lot of community interaction probably.

Cosmochoria is pretty entertaining, I recommend it.

Maybe they'll give out some extra copies early so some could join, haha.

Pre-ordering the Groupees BM21. Mainly want Cosmochoria. If I recall correctly, a GAF member made the game.
Other games in the bundle are Moebius: Empire Rising, SimpleRockets, Kingdom Wars 2: Battles, Clandestinity of Elsie, SECTOR, FragFest.

AlienWare stream game today is Dungeon Defenders II.

I feel like my current sleeping schedule is more in line with European time zones. (= o =) zzz

I wish they would also play the first DD game, I'd be able to join in the fun then.
I wonder how many people have the second one, this stream won't have a lot of community interaction probably.

Cosmochoria is pretty entertaining, I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom