• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

It'd be nice if Atlus started bringing good games to PC though.

Speaking of good games that Atlus should bring to PC.

isBmYh1.png

Fighting games. Unbelievable.

Amzin

I was able to get the 970 pricematched at Best Buy, seems like it's harder to find local stock around here for the 980 though.

I don't see the EVGA 980 available in stores at all according to BB website. Maybe I should go see what my store has and see if they'll price match a non-EVGA one but that seems unlikely.

Is anybody else having trouble connecting to steam? It says it's having trouble connecting to the steam servers which makes sense since my job's internet blocks Steam but there is no option for an offline mode?

I couldve sworn this worked a week ago since I was playing Lisa while my students took a test

Khronico

Got Far Cry 3 yesterday since it was 5 bucks on Nuuvem. It's a shame that it was a uPlay key but the game is really fun so far. I'm running with pretty cool mod that adds a bevy of things to the game like adding tons of new guns and gun attachments, removing the button prompts and useless popups, opening up both islands from the start, difficulty balancing (enemies do the same amount of damage you do to them, realistic fall damage, suppressors don't completely silence weapons, smarter enemies, etc).

It also runs really, really well. I'm getting a constant 60 maxed out minus postfx and MSAA. Overall it's both a fun open world FPS and a well optimized PC port.

I'm also playing it with a 360 controller, don't judge me >_>

Mivey

Is anybody else having trouble connecting to steam? It says it's having trouble connecting to the steam servers which makes sense since my job's internet blocks Steam but there is no option for an offline mode?
Offline requires that you were logged in previously and the login data was cached somewhere, as a hash I guess. Happens to me sometimes that it can't find that and requires a new login (which does not work in offline mode).

If it is for a good reason, why not circumvent the Steam DRM. I'm sure Gaben will forgive you
after he bans you.

Lunaniem

I don't see the EVGA 980 available in stores at all according to BB website. Maybe I should go see what my store has and see if they'll price match a non-EVGA one but that seems unlikely.

It was the same 970 model that they had up, but some were saying they were able to match another non-EVGA model.

My early impressions of Insanity's Blade HERE.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DaBargainHunta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanity's Blade -- MB-B18FBA631EC2D2D7 - Taken by Spirited

t1437150104z1.png
Edit: Accidentally took out the Modbot PM link. Meh. Should be easier for people to enter now. ;) The timer has run out, so it's whoever gets it first.

Backlogger

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-EB316EE3DE2D9790 - Taken by Mikurden
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-6DE6F4F5F319048B - Taken by Eila

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's what happens when you have a highly insular community and low to zero moderation.

What would you have us do, post reminders every 6-8 hours not to talk about anime? Moderation is a blunt tool. The basic tools I have at my disposal are deleting posts, banning people, telling people to do something different, posting as an exemplar (if I ever talked about anime or how I hate my job or something in here, well, I guess I suck), and locking the thread. And then I guess as a user I also have the ability to code things that are useful to people. Is there something you would like me to program? I don't see that ModBot auto-posting new Steam releases would be an improvement over users doing so, and I don't think users doing so is a problem in the thread.

I forgot to reply back to thank everyone that tried to warm me away from reading Ready Player One.

I don't regret reading it cause I like to form my own opinions and I got it in a loot crate. It was kind of meh though.

But I don't think I hated it as much as some of you, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to someone. I don't get how it has a 4.6 review on Amazon.

Eila

Got my +1s from Be Mine :p that was a decent bundle compared to most of the stuff we've seen from groupees lately.

Amzin

It was the same 970 model that they had up, but some were saying they were able to match another non-EVGA model.

It's a preposterously good deal so it's probably worth my time to drive out to one and give it a shot. I wasn't even looking to upgrade but yea :p

Turfster

Probably ban everyone with an anime avatar and/or a history in anime usage.

Hey now.

WinGameStore's indie sale deals rolled over.
Couple of highlights: Broken Age 75% off, Van Helsing Complete 75%, Worms Revolution 75% off, World of Diving 50% off, and more

Grief.exe

We were discussing city builders the other day. The Impressions games are on sale at GOG this weekend. Just picked up the pack with Cleopatra, Zeus, and Caesar III.

https://www.gog.com/game/pharaoh_cleopatra

I don't see that ModBot auto-posting new Steam releases would be an improvement over users doing so, and I don't think users doing so is a problem in the thread.

Agreed, it's on topic discussion and something easily missed by your average user.

Complaining about it causes more noise than allowing the practice to continue.

Hmm... Modbot PMed me that someone won my Insanity's Blade giveaway above, but the post itself is not updating. I edited something at the last second. Could I have overwritten Modbot's edit by accident? Any way for my stupid error (if it's that) to be fixed so people don't keep entering for a giveaway that's already been taken? Thanks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hmm... Modbot PMed me that someone won my Insanity's Blade giveaway above, but the post itself is not updating. I edited something at the last second. Could I have overwritten Modbot's edit by accident? Any way for my stupid error (if it's that) to be fixed so people don't keep entering for a giveaway that's already been taken? Thanks.

vDcmnso.png

Yes, it was that. There's no way to fix it, but if people keep entering ModBot will eventually wonder why and try to re-edit. No manual intervention necessary.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Yes I got the game but it hasn't updated your post yet, weird.

Terra_Ex

Glad I got that Bemine 21 bundle, been wanting Moebius for a while, even if its not as good as Cognition, I'll extract some entertainment from it and the bundle price point was more palatable that what the game's previous been sat at. +6 on Steam too.

vDcmnso.png

Yes, it was that. There's no way to fix it, but if people keep entering ModBot will eventually wonder why and try to re-edit. No manual intervention necessary.
Thanks. Just not my day, LOL. For some reason, the timer started at 9 minutes (I think I took too long to post) and I accidentally edited out the link to PM Modbot at first.

Yes I got the game but it hasn't updated your post yet, weird.
Congrats, and enjoy! Really cool game.

derExperte

Wish I'd listened to my gut and didn't preorder that Be Mine, only one interesting game that I didn't own already (Clandestinity of Elsie). Cosmochoria is great though.

Key I got from redeeming my IR product code on the developer's website.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Yargis Space Melee -- MB-0127E61B2BC13ACA - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

t1437151657z1.png

Arthea

What would you have us do, post reminders every 6-8 hours not to talk about anime? Moderation is a blunt tool. The basic tools I have at my disposal are deleting posts, banning people, telling people to do something different, posting as an exemplar (if I ever talked about anime or how I hate my job or something in here, well, I guess I suck), and locking the thread. And then I guess as a user I also have the ability to code things that are useful to people. Is there something you would like me to program? I don't see that ModBot auto-posting new Steam releases would be an improvement over users doing so, and I don't think users doing so is a problem in the thread.

of course it's not a problem, a problem is people snapping at each other (or lashman) without any reason whatsoever and it's nothing that moderating can do, it's a "community" thing and internet thing, it doesn't mean we all like it, but also no amount of talk changes anything.
Also we desperately need new people that users have something new to be angry about instead of nonexistent anime talk or other users that aren't ideal or exactly how they want them to be.

I hate that we can't discuss the state of this thread without people getting emotional or defensive. It's really weird stuff.

I hope you aren't calling that's what happening lately discussion pertaining the state of this thread, because it has nothing to do with this thread.

In the Steam Thread no one is ever happy.
if you wanna be happy, be. That's the only way anyway, for anybody, just... some people enjoy being unhappy too much, we can't take that from them, you know.

Not having played Suikoden, I did not know that.

All we need now is a game loosely based on Dream of the Red Chamber.
why not?

komorebi

I also don't mind lashman's posts, in fact I welcome them. Sometimes when I open this thread I have to scroll through two pages of off-topic conversation or meme/reaction gifs just to see posts about new bundle deals and discounts, or PC news or whatever. Not that the off-topic stuff is a problem, I don't mind it and if I want to participate, I will (most of the time I don't know wtf is going on anyway so I don't care)... just pointing out that people jumping up someone's ass for staying true to the thread makes no sense.

Dr Dogg

What this thread needs is a $5 cable credit promotion and the return of the Serious Stream Borderlands Edition to unite everyone together.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
iyv99G2.png

120-ish Steam keys, free for all. Most of all of these keys are probably taken or used, but you never know. Take as few or as many as you want. No need to apologize for taking more than one of the same game if one is already taken. These wins don't disqualify you from entering other ModBot giveaways. There is literally no reason not to take these if you see something you don't own. Please do not resell for a profit.

Some might be unmarked Origin keys or Desura keys. Some might not be keys at all. Please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not reply to note that a key didn't work. We know the key didn't work. Or that the game isn't the game you thought it was. Maybe you'll enter for Medal of Honor and get Wolfenstein 2009. Maybe every key is Bad Rats. I have no idea and I don't care either.

This is the third of maybe 20 of these giveaways over the next few weeks.

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-C5A7604797BF61D8 - Taken by Belgarion
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription -- MB-25EF9DB62BF77C98 - Taken by WinterDemons
And Yet It Moves -- MB-1D311A29E105844F - Taken by Mikurden
And Yet it Moves -- MB-99E9F0C194FFDF35 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Aquanox -- MB-20D88509834325DE - Taken by S1n1st3r
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-EF1676F2706247C9 - Taken by Annubis
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-7C381578F3F873EF - Taken by ModBot
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-29BE719D806AF11D - Taken by ModBot
Closure -- MB-E6B5BA966E296000 - Taken by gurm3n
Cognition Ep.2 -- MB-551A05F930F193BF - Taken by Mikurden
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-EE1DA8593EEE763F - Taken by Mikurden
Cognition Episode 2 #2 -- MB-5EEED0D725C30ED0 - Taken by gurm3n
Cogs -- MB-11799F20491500F8 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-C98E248EE50E3613 - Taken by bobnowhere
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-2D0A48A097F68E07 - Taken by Mikurden
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-DEEA0783E735BF1A - Taken by cyba89
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-1FFF7FD21549EE01 - Taken by anastef
Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-B809159C97C6C42A
Dead Space -- MB-C053B16B7E0CE5AF - Taken by Spirited
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-182343BC3230FA10
Dead Space (Origin key) -- MB-096C896716E2DD3C
Dead Space Origin -- MB-811461FC88CF4C58
Dead Space Origin -- MB-061681C235F05D36
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-EC381147853CD4BD
Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-5923DD25207C072E
Doc Clock -- MB-F578BA4DC50FD751 - Taken by SSPssp
Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-3348DF2FCED0A15D - Taken by Belgarion
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A86767B2D614E2C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-2FA338A5728EDFA2 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-B423C222A9D918B3 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-F18C744356B86D44 - Taken by SSPssp
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-6905F71B01231EB6 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Dwarfs!? -- MB-B38BEB5A19877801 - Taken by rainking187
FEAR 2 -- MB-2B5A8A2DD3EC2FFF - Taken by ModBot

Fear 2 -- MB-7573706052C31F43 - Taken by freshVeggie
Fez -- MB-3A1C5D9CEEF1ACE2
Fractal -- MB-29C3C2B24771225A - Taken by SSPssp
Gemini Rue -- MB-FEE185E38D1693A6 - Taken by darkchewie
Gish -- MB-BBC92CF14AAE8CB7 - Taken by Kiru
Gotham City Imposters: Professional Kit -- MB-7AFC21D2AD2BF710 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Greed Corp -- MB-8A5839353B773B0C - Taken by ModBot
Greed Corp #2 -- MB-9FD191DFD2B127E1 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Guardians of Middle Earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-E38A94A3DE5291B6
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-76F74C511FC8F37C
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-98F5575DAB5D734A - Taken by crazyrabbits
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-77FC9D86E872512D
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC -- MB-064DAA26446C1514
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC #2 -- MB-B5A0F47D8FB9E1D2
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC #3 -- MB-BB532D126F347795

HE Duality Inception Part 2 DLC -- MB-2A430537995802B6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
HE Duality Inception Part 3 DLC -- MB-1072226DA5568214 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-A484BA0BE544FB01 - Taken by Arthea
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-83839611814830A7 - Taken by fspm
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-2DCE691AACB6970D - Taken by chronomac
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-96A0BD796B8706E8 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-49CC2A4D3245A8BE
Hacker Evolution Duality #5 -- MB-E6B777B322AFBEB0 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hacker Evolution Duality (2) -- MB-6B4A3D6E69264907 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1 -- MB-5DDE9659405EE1E3 - Taken by Eila
Hacker Evolution Duality Plus 4 DLC #2 -- I4ZY8-NMGQ5-NDYB4 90XDZ-PDGGH-2XE9E DPGJY-A66HB-3P0ZG 9K70G-MC45A-KN5XM -- MB-E82F955AE10DECEF - Taken by WinterDemons
Hacker Evolution Duality Plus 4 DLC #3 -- A5BHG-KG376-AFD4Z 2ZKT7-PHB9K-3A2BJ JNN8Y-MG303-HG467 TRVNL-I75M0-NPBZ4 -- MB-C00F6511874F8C57 - Taken by WinterDemons
Hacker Evolution Duality Plus 4 DLC #4 -- 3WCIJ-2RWK6-F8PPC T5VFT-25F49-ZL9FZ PKXER-XIIG9-8QP8C VB2MR-6HG8A-6Y350 -- MB-8102ADCC586352F7 - Taken by WinterDemons
Hacker Evolution: Duality and 4 DLC #2 -- MB-B6895D8075DEB051 - Taken by redlacs
Hacker Evolution: Duality and 4 DLC #3 -- MB-79241289009C4C84 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hard Reset: Extended Edition -- MB-314D2F650670E558
Jamestown -- MB-D871C9C7F283B7A4 - Taken by ModBot
Killing Floor -- MB-FD2B11AC8AEE336B - Taken by Henry Swanson
LIMBO -- MB-D5D5B639B3032676
Little Inferno -- MB-490A26E85930726E - Taken by S1n1st3r
Little Inferno Steam Key -- MB-4AF0BC0780735407
Magicka Plus Crusader Kings II -- MB-D401BB5C658C7C60
Magicka Plus2 DLC -- MB-B1F03B310CE430A4 - Taken by S1n1st3r

McPixel -- MB-C73117CC9D0DD9CF - Taken by Purkake4
Medal of Honor -- MB-373419F86933F200 - Taken by gurm3n
Medal of Honor Origin -- MB-89AB0B5E1158D9CA - Taken by gurm3n
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-ACF67E7B8538B71B - Taken by Belgarion

Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-401D73EBA3C05295 - Taken by almostheathen
Men Of War Red Tide -- MB-3B8597DEBBD8868F - Taken by Mikurden

Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-F91029F5F21F21F2 - Taken by gurm3n
Mirrors Edge -- MB-E37FB2296102EF62 - Taken by TheLight
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-6375DA23D1BED3F2 - Taken by ModBot
Night Sky -- MB-1A633A9250CEB1AA - Taken by Arthea
Nightsky -- MB-5B539AFAF4CDF220 - Taken by Arthea
Nightsky -- MB-21A143F35704006D - Taken by Arthea
Off-Road Drive -- MB-33D4682E8823D531 - Taken by WinterDemons
Oil Rush -- MB-D03F04E2D54D0487 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-5792B77B0D28CE75 - Taken by Deques
Orcs Must Die! Complete -- MB-41FC21912CE5021E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-B9C4F0ED078F38E5 - Taken by ModBot
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-3355D866F2FED5B6 - Taken by WinterDemons
Patrician Rise of the Dinasty DLC -- MB-9D7E3B08B9D4949F - Taken by Arthea
Plain Sight -- MB-726B898873866A9F - Taken by Darth Kupi
Plain Sight -- MB-C2274936D27B4E14 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Plain Sight -- MB-64CFFBD5DC4DFF51 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Power of Defense -- MB-5C6F7AD176C122F9 - Taken by bobnowhere
Project Freedom -- MB-6A52DD9F583A862B - Taken by Stumpokapow
Rig N Roll -- MB-F80472620C5EB680 - Taken by darkchewie
Saira -- MB-A83B4A2B2DE54206 - Taken by SSPssp
Sanctum -- MB-CCED37288FC98DA6 - Taken by Vlad
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-989466D7FE694A61 - Taken by Kagemusha
Serious Sam HD First Encounter -- MB-DC8830B646EA4782 - Taken by SSPssp
Snuggle Truck -- MB-D3C74DF1D1B93045 - Taken by WinterDemons
Snuggle Truck -- MB-C19F39564C5A9B66 - Taken by Saty
Space Pirates And Zombies -- MB-E051CB03E341B47D - Taken by Purkake4
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-6EFDF5B1EBDD2006 - Taken by ModBot
Star Wolves 3: Civil War #2 -- MB-20BDAE43FE0EE3CB - Taken by Darth Kupi
Super Avalanche free voucher -- MB-947ABB76862637E0 - Taken by WinterDemons
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-BFEEA2ABDE29C3F3 - Taken by Buraindo
The Showdown Effect -- MB-50518E4417357F74 - Taken by gurm3n
Wasteland -- MB-8A31C3D9804EACE3 - Taken by gimel
Wasteland -- MB-7E9EEC18F30576D8 - Taken by darkchewie
Whispered World -- MB-89F54F54AF182CBD - Taken by Dsyndrome
Zeno Clash -- MB-24946B1DB18AED12 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Zeno Clash -- MB-BDA8150A90A5B42A - Taken by S1n1st3r

Zeno Clash -- MB-8FE5D4DCDF2A5302 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Zeno Clash -- MB-DDC67F7036AED520 - Taken by gurm3n
Zeno Clash -- MB-E9EC8CF743E6185D - Taken by S1n1st3r

Q&A:
1. Why does it say ModBot took this? A quirk in the editing process related to the fact that this is a garbage dump giveawat, I assure you ModBot didn't take it.
2. My key didn't work? Yes, I know, that's what I said would happen
3. My key wasn't for the game it said it was? Yes, I know, that's what I said would happen
4. Can I take more than one game? Yes
5. Okay, but I feel nervous about taking more than one game? I don't care, take a bunch, don't take a bunch, whatever.
6. I entered for a game but I didn't get a message back but it's not showing as taken and now I am having an existential crisis? Wait, jeez.

Maybe I will get the PS4 version of MGS5 given I'll be able to get it on the PC for 25 dollars......*twitches*

But no, wonder if the Nvidia prices for MGSV will go as low as they normally do. Seems like a game everyone would want.

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe I will get the PS4 version of MGS5 given I'll be able to get it on the PC for 25 dollars......*twitches*

But no, wonder if the Nvidia prices for MGSV will go as low as they normally do. Seems like a game everyone would want.

I mean, Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight also fit that "a game everyone would want" bill and they still go for 25$/30$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom