• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
9xSyuya.jpg

pahamrick

I can see the desire for wanting to get it on PS4 first then PC. It's going to be hard to avoid all major spoilers for two weeks. Too many people don't give a shit about posting spoilers, even in unrelated threads.

Dr Dogg

You watch MGSV pull a switcheroo MGS2 style. Don't know how us lowly Europeans didn't catch that due to having to wait nigh on 4 months for it to come out over here but in a instant communication filled world with the internet I'm sticking my head firmly in the sand from 1st Sept until it comes out PC wise on the 15th.

Syndicate on the other hand I couldn't give a rat's arse that it's coming later. It's not like the story or plot of an AssCreed game isn't something an infant school kid couldn't work out on their own.

I think I did promise a Revelations 2012 stream.

Hahaha perfect.

komorebi

I can see the desire for wanting to get it on PS4 first then PC. It's going to be hard to avoid all major spoilers for two weeks. Too many people don't give a shit about posting spoilers, even in unrelated threads.

I've been debating this myself. I mean, waiting two weeks for a new Metal Gear? Even without spoilers GAF is going to be exploding. I'll probably last two days.

pahamrick

I've been debating this myself. I mean, waiting two weeks for a new Metal Gear? Even without spoilers GAF is going to be exploding. I'll probably last two days.

I'd probably do the same, if it was an option. What I'll probably do is have a 2 week marathon of MGS 1 - GZ to help avoid things.

Belgarion

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Belgarion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Alienware Skin Case -- MB-E3973176251CA86D - Taken by Spirited
Dirty Bomb Alienware Skin Case #2 -- MB-1E0E2C3CD845D3D8 - Taken by TheLight

I hope kb/m will be solid in MGS:pP. The last videos either the player was bad or it just feels like a pain to control. He was never moving right-stick during combat but instead strafing which looked super awkward.

Same, Mr. Bree ended up being a Desura key that's already tied to someone else's account
I got lucky. Entered for the second FEAR2 and won and this time it was a-ok. Thanks whoever did it!

Dr Dogg

I hope kb/m will be solid in MGS:pP. The last videos either the player was bad or it just feels like a pain to control. He was never moving right-stick during combat but instead strafing which looked super awkward.

You're going to summon the frosty monster!

Was really good in Ground Zero's but I prefer playing third person games with a controller unless they're semi-competitive shooter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

RS4-

The mobile release was very warmly received. I haven't played it personally, that's just the impression I've gotten

I got the android version day 1 and have probably played that more than any other phone game. A no combat FTL is a pretty apt description, prepare to die a lot and get screwed by random encounters.

Thanks, never knew about the game until I noticed it being on sale. Might check it out.

I don't see that ModBot auto-posting new Steam releases would be an improvement over users doing so, and I don't think users doing so is a problem in the thread.

ihav4aq2V6cUe.gif

Probably ban everyone with an anime avatar and/or a history in anime usage.

Scorched Earth is the only way.

Just because of cards?
I'm waiting till it hits about 10€ on nuveem.

I'm waiting until it's available for preorder on Nuuvem.

titch

So much anger in this thread this week!!!

So Painkiller Black doesn't show up as owned in the steam store search but shows as owned on the actual store page but won't launch from the play button.

Its in my library and i can launch it from there any fix suggestions...ocd and all that.

Look for this in the next release:
Il8qu2e.png

I might be in there... but there's at least two people in your list that have my playtime... perhaps I'm the blue one, since I'm almost never "offline".

is anyone else watching 5 evo streams at the same time

Definitely not. Though, I should put a Stream up on my TV.

There are times I miss Enhanced Steam on FF.

This is one of them ;(

Simple solution, vegemite. Move to chrome.

Dsyndrome

I used it for over a year but the bookmarking system, add-ons, non-scrollable tab-bar, lack of tab grouping made me switch back.

Where is the browser to unify it all?!
Having my passwords, settings, and history at school or home won the war for Chrome in my book.

Dr Dogg

From a work and convenience stand point at the moment I have Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, IE11, Safari and for shits and giggles Lynx installed. Chrome shat the bed on a few sites this week when they disabled flash which looking at the bug tracker I'm by far and away not alone.

So much anger in this thread this week!!!

So Painkiller Black doesn't show up as owned in the steam store search but shows as owned on the actual store page but won't launch from the play button.

Its in my library and i can launch it from there any fix suggestions...ocd and all that.

I never tried launching from the store page so I can't confirm that. I can confirm however that it does not show up as owned in the search page. Noticed this during the summer sale when I also found that I was 'missing' some of the DLC for Painkiller HD despite having bought the complete collection back in 2013.

Ultimately the only thing I found out was I bought the supposed "Complete" bundle before it was truly complete and thus I am not entitled to dlc that released after I bought it. I just assumed the oddity with Painkiller Black was due to them replacing the bundle I bought with a newer bundle with more dlc which caused some issue or something.

Not sure...

derExperte

Having my passwords, settings, and history at school or home won the war for Chrome in my book.

Opera had it first (like almost every browser feature ever) and no one cared. :( FF does have it too now.

I used it for over a year but the bookmarking system, add-ons, non-scrollable tab-bar, lack of tab grouping made me switch back.

Where is the browser to unify it all?!

Vivaldi. I believe. New Opera is getting usable again too.

Arthea

From a work and convenience stand point at the moment I have Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, IE11, Safari and for shits and giggles Lynx installed. Chrome shat the bed on a few sites this week when they disabled flash which looking at the bug tracker I'm by far and away not alone.

gosh, and I thought I'm overdoing with number of browsers (I have two less than you), little did I know.

edited: one less, forgot to count Opera, thanks Experte for reminding me

Wish I'd listened to my gut and didn't preorder that Be Mine, only one interesting game that I didn't own already (Clandestinity of Elsie). Cosmochoria is great though.

So here's a tip for Groupees pre-orders if you can pull it off. Wait until the bundle is 3-4 minutes away from going live. Click the reserve button and go to your Paypal confirmation page and just wait there. When the bundle goes live, you can check the games in another tab and see if you want them. If you do, just go ahead and complete your payment and you'll get it at the pre-order price.

The downside to this of course is that you have to be present exactly when the bundle is going live. And pre-order keys are distributed in an FCFS fashion so you might have to wait 30-60 minutes for them to show up for you. And of course you have to decide whether gaming the system like this deviates your moral compass too much.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I'm starting MGS3 this weekend, hoping it'll live up to my expectations.

I'm trying to finish all MGS games in preparation of MGSV and to this point the serie has exceded my expectations by a lot, gameplay is fine, the story is excellent but slightly confussing at times.

Also still waiting for the 1.07 witcher 3 patch before I'm continuing that one.

Hektor

So I'm starting MGS3 this weekend, hoping it'll live up to my expectations.

I'm trying to finish all MGS games in preparation of MGSV and to this point the serie has exceded my expectations by a lot, gameplay is fine, the story is excellent but slightly confussing at times.

GLHF. The best entry in the series.

Snake eateeeeeer

Same here. What the hell is going on with that?

I don't think it will address my biggest complaint though : not shown how many materials you have when crafting.

A + B = C, but in order to see how much A, B, and C I have...I need to remember what they are and go to my inventory. Not sure why they took this out from W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom