• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. What the hell is going on with that?

I don't think it will address my biggest complaint though : not shown how many materials you have when crafting.

A + B = C, but in order to see how much A, B, and C I have...I need to remember what they are and go to my inventory. Not sure why they took this out from W2.

in the 1.07 patch thread it said the patch would be up in the next 24 hours

Dr Dogg

So I'm starting MGS3 this weekend, hoping it'll live up to my expectations.

I'm trying to finish all MGS games in preparation of MGSV and to this point the serie has exceded my expectations by a lot, gameplay is fine, the story is excellent but slightly confussing at times.

I debated doing that but was afraid I'd burn myself out so I just played through 3, currently replaying Peace Walker (just the Main Ops, fuck the grindy Side and Extra Ops) and will do a Ground Zero's playthrough again the day before launch.

For me as much as I love the first 3 was the high point of the series so you're in for a treat if you've never played it before.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

No Time To Explain Remastered is out and has cards.

Dsyndrome

So I'm starting MGS3 this weekend, hoping it'll live up to my expectations.

I'm trying to finish all MGS games in preparation of MGSV and to this point the serie has exceded my expectations by a lot, gameplay is fine, the story is excellent but slightly confussing at times.
I have to get through Portable Ops, PW, and Ground Zeroes, PO has been the long grind. Just beat Null, sure I have tons more left in the game.

Also still waiting for the 1.07 witcher 3 patch before I'm continuing that one.
Next 24 hours apparently. Can't wait for the sortable inventory.

Jawmuncher

I have to get through Portable Ops, PW, and Ground Zeroes, PO has been the long grind. Just beat Null, sure I have tons more left in the game.

Next 24 hours apparently. Can't wait for the sortable inventory.

PO ain't really canon. It's like half canon. The idea that Big Boss want to that area and found the abandoned soldiers (which is part of why he has an army at the beginning of PW). Other stuff apparently didn't happen. Also it's a pretty meh game. Hasn't aged well.

Don't be surprised in MGSV of the whole Frank Jäger thing is done again as if it never happened.

MUnited83

For you.
PO ain't really canon. It's like half canon. The idea that Big Boss want to that area and found the abandoned soldiers (which is part of why he has an army at the beginning of PW). Other stuff apparently didn't happen. Also it's a pretty meh game. Hasn't aged well.

Don't be surprised in MGSV of the whole Frank Jäger thing is done again as if it never happened.

Portable Ops is miles better than Peace Walker. And PO should be completely canon instead of the crap in PW being canon.

titch

I never tried launching from the store page so I can't confirm that. I can confirm however that it does not show up as owned in the search page. Noticed this during the summer sale when I also found that I was 'missing' some of the DLC for Painkiller HD despite having bought the complete collection back in 2013.

Ultimately the only thing I found out was I bought the supposed "Complete" bundle before it was truly complete and thus I am not entitled to dlc that released after I bought it. I just assumed the oddity with Painkiller Black was due to them replacing the bundle I bought with a newer bundle with more dlc which caused some issue or something.

Not sure...

Yeah just noticed i have some dlc missing too.

I did a bit of digging and the black edtion does have another version and that the reason for it not showing up.

Never mind will just have to live with it lol.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/334420/

This game looks interesting, thoughts on Out There Omega? FTL'ish but no combat.

The visuals and background music are absolutely great. While it's more of an abstract story that requires you to fill in most of the details, it's interesting trying to piece together the game's universe as you learn a little more about it on each playthrough. The resource management can get a little tedious at times, and it's definitely not a game for the easily frustrated, as you can die very easily without standing much of a chance on some runs.

I don't think I'll ever be able to fully finish that game.

Last week they posted lengthy post that told us nothing and promised that they will post update on Patch progress this week.

The patch sounds amazing but I'm like an hour or two from beating the game. I guess at least I'll have better inventory management when the expansions come out.

derExperte

Chrome or GTFO

The only thing I'm getting the fuck out of is Chrome every time I install and try it out. And seriously, Vivaldi could become the new Opera (since it's from the old Opera folks), they just release Tech Preview 4. Definitely has lots of potential. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog

So here's a tip for Groupees pre-orders if you can pull it off. Wait until the bundle is 3-4 minutes away from going live. Click the reserve button and go to your Paypal confirmation page and just wait there. When the bundle goes live, you can check the games in another tab and see if you want them. If you do, just go ahead and complete your payment and you'll get it at the pre-order price.

Good idea, you should've suggested this yesterday. :p But hey, I don't preorder any other bundles anymore so Be Mine is kinda a tradition by now.

This thread has gone too far when people are recommending Portable Ops and shitting on Peace Walker in comparison.

Stump, if you will, this thread is done. Shut it all down, there's no saving this

Dsyndrome

This thread has gone too far when people are recommending Portable Ops and shitting on Peace Walker in comparison.

Stump, if you will, this thread is done. Shut it all down, there's no saving this
Why have one or the other?

I'm mostly playing through PO since I bought it twice full price over the last 10 years and have it on my Vita from when the floodgates were opened a year or so ago, almost like an obligation I guess. It's not stellar, but it's entertaining enough that I want to see it through. Then I'll play PW on PS3 for the achievements and hopefully be ready for the Fall.

For the record, if Konami ever does release the Legacy Collection on PC, I'll quadruple dip or whatever the hell iteration I'm on for all these games.

Uhu, PO gameplay is crap. Only thing I remember of that game is carrying soldiers to my truck in order to recruit them.
PW is much, much better. Yes, its structure is designed for handheld devices and the game shows all of it, but the gameplay is funny, the ost is amazing, with Heavens Divide. The plot is indeed horrible, because they ruined
the Boss character with that crap AI.

But as a game, is much better than PO for sure.

Also PO is both canon and non-canon: Kojima told some major events are canon, while some details are not.

I still can't get over how PW handled
The Boss and her relationship with Snake.
Kojima actually managed to tell a genuinely moving story in MGS3 but he just couldn't leave well enough alone and had to ruin it with all the nonsense in PW.
MGS3 has such a satisfying conclusion and works so well as a self contained story, having all that fanfic level BS tacked on to it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So we on steam got the witcher 3 1.07 update last or soemthing, it's live on xbox and ps4.

Wasn't it going to be launch parity, all platforms at the same time? /s

The only thing I'm getting the fuck out of is Chrome every time I install and try it out. And seriously, Vivaldi could become the new Opera (since it's from the old Opera folks), they just release Tech Preview 4. Definitely has lots of potential. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog.

I've used Opera in the past and was quite pleased with it, but I'm a slave to the Google now. Between my work account and personal account both being linked to Google, I'm stuck forever.

and I'm ok with this.

So we on steam got the witcher 3 1.07 update last or soemthing, it's live on xbox and ps4.

Wasn't it going to be launch parity, all platforms at the same time? /s

I thought the console release process was what was holding this up too? The irony.

Ban Puncher

When the AC!D weirdos start slithering out of the woodwork, I am burning this motherfucker to the ground.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've used Opera in the past and was quite pleased with it, but I'm a slave to the Google now. Between my work account and personal account both being linked to Google, I'm stuck forever.

and I'm ok with this.

I thought the console release process was what was holding this up too? The irony.

Probably was also, and I hope they with the time while the certficate took was working on the free dlc implemeted and fix PC specific issus( if that even is a thing in witcher 3)

I actually found PW less offensive in that regard compared to MGS4.

Coming from MGS2 it was hardly surprising to me, that game is responsible for setting up all the crazy plot threads that then had to be resolved in 4. Sure it could've been handled better but you already had a mess to begin with.
3 actually told a simple and effective story with a great relationship at its core that didn't need anything else to be added to it, that's what bothers me.
It's very different from going from 2 to 4.

Yep. Worst thing is, the
crap AI thing
will be in TPP as well.
Honestly I hope it's just like a 3 minutes cutscene.

This is the only good thing from PO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w

Is that confirmed? Since it wasn't mentioned in GZ I was hoping that part of the plot was dead and burried. Fuck me sideways...
And yes, that music is incredible and justifies the existence of the game.
PO has some plot elements that shouldn't be ignored though,
it's when Snake meets Zero and that's a pretty big deal.

Some extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Knights and Merchants -- MB-AB4EF24D999FA074 - Taken by derExperte

Jawmuncher

When the AC!D weirdos start slithering out of the woodwork, I am burning this motherfucker to the ground.

Acid 1&2 are the best things to come out of the franchise after MGS3. Not even joking.

Coming from MGS2 it was hardly surprising to me, that game is responsible for setting up all the crazy plot threads that then had to be resolved in 4. Sure it could've been handled better but you already had a mess to begin with.
3 actually told a simple and effective story with a great relationship at its core that didn't need anything else to be added to it, that's what bothers me.
It's very different from going from 2 to 4.

Is that confirmed? Since it wasn't mentioned in GZ I was hoping that part of the plot was dead and burried. Fuck me sideways...

I see the games by release rather than chronologically. So MGS4 being crazy was one thing, and while PW still was it was definitely toned down. Though the previous story of MGS2 definitely didn't help for 4 as you said. So in that regard I can get what you mean with PW. Since he easily could have just left it alone and still gotten a similar story.

Knurek

The only thing I'm getting the fuck out of is Chrome every time I install and try it out. And seriously, Vivaldi could become the new Opera (since it's from the old Opera folks), they just release Tech Preview 4. Definitely has lots of potential. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog

If they have tab stacking, I'm switching over.
I still use Presto at work to handle our internal database, best browser ever for productivity stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom