• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

tinybuild giving away no time to explain steam keys

https://twitter.com/tinyBuild/status/622299242888056832

http://woobox.com/qqajg4

need twitter+facebook

Fucking tinyBuild and their advertising techniques. "You are not an instant winner this time." 1 entry per person per hour

:csdmad:

Uzzy

A Juri player gets into the Top 8 at EVO. Great stuff!

USF4 Top 64

Winners
EG|Momochi (Ken) vs. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
AiAi (Juri) vs. Infiltration (Evil Ryu, Elena, Chun-Li)

Losers
EG|PR Balrog (Balrog) vs. BE|Nemo (Rolento)
AvM|GamerBee (Elena) vs Liquid|NuckleDu (Guile, Decapre)

AHA-Lambda

OMG Obscure 2 has some of the best bad voice acting I've ever heard XD

oh my god, what a nightmare!
I can't believe it's happening again!

What are those things? Corpses?!

Grief.exe

wtf is this kung fu strike game and what is it doing in my library

giphyj7udd.gif

They gave it away for free on reddit years ago.

Similar to a small point, but in the mass combat, like in a samurai movies, people are more willing to say 1 v 1 you vs say Mount and Blade where everyone's gunning to kill everyone.

Mainly a combo weapon type of game, sort of like Devil May Cry, you do different button combos to pull off different moves, but the main thing of interest is the tons of different fighting styles. For example you can be the traditional samurai, or you can try and go all martial arts which have different attacks, or maybe you want to have a ninja style and go dual blades. With each having it's own unique moveset, there's also spears which have their own styles.

The big thing about combat is you have to watch out for your weapon's durability. So you swing too much recklessly, your weapon could break on the spot and you better hope to have a backup, or an item to restore it, but it leaves you wide open for quite awhile using it. So you're rewarded with successful parrying, blocking to create openings etc. This is further amplified with the "one-hit-kill" difficulty, where either you, or your opponent dies in one hit.

The other big difference is you collect various weapons of course, but you can upgrade them for more attack, more durability, and eventually if you use enough weapon certain times, you can give it a title, for example if you kill enough people with a single weapon you can title it 'killer" and get an attack bonus associated with it. Finally, you have a sort of 'super' meter, which you can enter a focused mode and unleash doom then do a cinematic finisher type of deal.

So overall it's sort of a mix of a more character action game, with a lot of freedom / potential to change things up, which you're encouraged to do with the newgame+ mode where you can keep unlocked outfits, items, weapons you saved etc.

Quick edit to add: Something else I forgot to add is you have two bars. Your health bar and your vitality bar. Basically, some attacks can bypass vitality and go straight to health, but if you're able to get some time to yourself, you can recover your health as long as you have vitality, but you reverse your blade (Blunt side) of your weapon and smack away vitality so no one can recover, OR you can also use it to effect the story / cutscenes or whatever you're doing and not kill people, instead knocking them unconscious etc.

Wow thanks. That was more explanation than I bargained for.

Chariot

This review just sold the game to me at full price of 3,99 Euro. Why did nobody tell me? >75 of you guys own it! >:O
This game is too emotional for me

This game is cute and cruel at the same time. All the reviews about those cruel and ridiculous events are all true.

A tower defense game where you are a landlord, taking care of monsters... or so I thought.

You have an absolute power over the occupants. My first playthrough I read every details of the game. The jobs my occupants have. Their satisfactory meter. I always check how they feel and what they want, trying my best to fulfill all of their wishes. There is an option to evict them, but I don't intend to use it at all. Later on, my cheepy is the first one to find his lover. And the first one to have a child/chick. I am so happy for them. I max out their satisfaction. And try my best not to increase the rent too high.

To my ignorance, this is not how you play the game. This is not sims! It's a tower defense game! You need money to upgrade your 'fort'. But my progress is really slow because I care too much about them. Those cheepies are extremely poor as they have low-income works. As time goes on, I accidentally kill the cheepy's lover. I fast-foward the time but I was too careless. For that, a cheepy lost his wife... and the child/chick lost his mother. Killed by those filthy humans that try to attack the building. I feel so bad about this. The early feeling of happiness has gone in the blink of an eye. Sorrow creeps into my heart.

To make things worse, the father-cheepy and the daugter-cheepy didn't say anything. But at least, I wanted them to complain, to at least blame me for I have done. They did none of that... as though they understand what was at stake.

Perhaps, they think that I am already kind enough to give them shelters against those dangerous humans. It could have been worse. The enemies only get much stronger with each quest.

I was quite shocked by the incident so I paused the game for a while.

Something must be done in order to fight against those vicious humans.

After much deliberation, I, the kindly landlord, evicted those remaining cheepies... They both pack things and leave obediently. They are both crying, yet firm and understanding. They know I need to make rooms for the stronger monsters.

Father and daughter.... now homeless... without wife or mother... Both of them... Hobos

The situation alleviates for a while. Stronger monsters now occupy the tragic-filled room of those cheepies. Completely unaware of the sacrifices I have to make.

Despite all this, the lesson I have learnt is not 'sacrifice have to be made' but rather 'Guilt can comsume the sanity of a man'. Unwilling to bear the emotional pain much longer, I seek the easy way out. Knowing only cowards would choose such a path. But at the time, believe it or not, I do not care. I just want to end the pain. Therefore, I committed suicide... (Or what one might call 'uninstalling the game')

One </3 heart out of One &#10084;

3/5 Would get stupidly emotional again.

fantomena

I really wonder how much money Sony will pledge to YS Net. Either way, there will always be some douche nagging it's the wrong approach.

Hektor

This review just sold the game to me at full price of 3,99 Euro. Why did nobody tell me? >75 of you guys own it! >:O

Ive actually preordered that game back then on playism because the concept was so weird and lovely, but i ended up never actually playing it. I'll have to change that at some point.

Parsnip

giant crybaby """"""""game developer""""""" who has released nothing of substance and is known for being one of the rudest, most hostile narcissists of the entire video game history for his entire two decade career, throws a temper tantrum because he got banned from a video game forum for being a giant crybaby, starts saying he'll bet millions of dollars for no reason, threatens bogus legal action ????

Sounds about right.

Pretty sure Lashman posted it but as I suspected GUNBIRD 1 IS ON STEAM!
But alas it is the botched PS1 ver.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379370/?snr=1_4_4__106
While I'm all about getting classic ps1 games on Steam, kind of depresses me that they are just wrapped in a ps1 emulator.

dex3108

So CDPR waited to push W3 1.07 update on all platforms simultaneously and they failed. Many PS4 owners still can't download patch and there is no PC patch anywhere. Oh well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Speaking of Survival Horror games, anyone know where I can get a bundle copy of Cryostasis?

I don't know where to get Cryostasis keys, but I'll throw out there that Cryostasis is a good game. I played through the game a couple years ago, and it was much better than I was expecting. Kind of like some mixture of Condemned: Criminal Origins meets Echo Night & Bioshock.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Z Steel Soldiers -- MB-F66D8BE13F84B4DB - Taken by Purkake4
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-421269D8C7FFE4F3 - Taken by Eila
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-4064EC01CCAEFDC6 - Taken by SSPssp
The Impossible Game -- MB-699A718E4B12D156 - Taken by BernardoOne
Desert Thunder -- MB-77E88181BECDB2A2 - Taken by Vuze

So CDPR waited to push W3 1.07 update on all platforms simultaneously and they failed. Many PS4 owners still can't download patch and there is no PC patch anywhere. Oh well.

Absolutely disgusting. Haven't seen an incident this bad since Arkham Knight. Just delist the damn game
kidding.

Thorgal

I am looking for an Aesthetically pleasing looking Skin for Steam .

Already rocked the Pixelvision one for a year , so i am looking for something new .

Any idea ?

Chariot

You should have bought it when it was in a bundle

I talked about it a long time ago, and also bought at full price.

Ive actually preordered that game back then on playism because the concept was so weird and lovely, but i ended up never actually playing it. I'll have to change that at some point.
I always seem to miss these things. >_<
If only someone would regularly post news about new games.

Haha that Witcher 3 patch sounds like a clusterfuck for everyone.
Ultimate Parity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom