• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Weirdly makes me uneasy that her fingers are moving while watching me >_>
tinybuild giving away no time to explain steam keys

https://twitter.com/tinyBuild/status/622299242888056832

http://woobox.com/qqajg4

need twitter+facebook
It looks fun. The trailer is pretty awesome but eh, I don't like to authorize tweets and what-not and clog up friends feeds.
Why must morningbus be correct about everything:
I watched his WTF videos a couple times to see gameplay of certain games but man did I get annoyed by his persona (assume he is playing a bit into it?). "30fps is unplayable" over and over, my God. Made me stop watching. Also didn't help that his videos are way too long for my taste.
zypJB1s.jpg

Seems to be a fun game

Poly bridge
What a cute artstyle! Here image-linky.

I can't get shadow play to work =( none of the quick commands do anything
Had similar problems. Just like others mentioned already, try to enable desktop capture. Didn't solve my problems but reinstalling did the trick.
This could very well be the weirdest thing someone has ever posted on the Enhanced Steam group.

I don't even know what to think.....
Some fans are weird, I guess.
PLEASE, REALLY, TELL ME IT'S NOT SOUL-SIBLINGS WITH DODO NOW!!
I... what?

Condolences to your brain.
Oh my, seems Activision shouldn't have shuttered Radical...

Prototype 1 entirely unremarkable, sequel runs slower than PS3.

Not that weird considering curgens use ATI GPUs, and PC versions of both games have severe problems on TeamRed.
Woah! Thought being 60fps would be the reason to port it to newgen!

Pachimari

I hate asking this question again, especially as I know JaseC helped me with that some months ago. Reading the OP I didn't find the answer either. But how do I add my games outside of Steam (PlayStation games for example) to my library?

Is it just adding none-steam game to the list? But if I start up the game there, will it automatically start up the emulator?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I hate asking this question again, especially as I know JaseC helped me with that some months ago. Reading the OP I didn't find the answer either. But how do I add my games outside of Steam (PlayStation games for example) to my library?

Is it just adding none-steam game to the list? But if I start up the game there, will it automatically start up the emulator?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27581549&postcount=222

I think this helps.

But I'm confused about it, but that's probably because I'm dumb.

Sarcasm

I know this is steam but Origin is offering 6 hours of single player and free multiplayer for Dragon Age: Inquisition

How does the SP trial work? Is it 6 hours after I start the game?

Pachimari

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27581549&postcount=222

I think this helps.

But I'm confused about it, but that's probably because I'm dumb.
Thanks for this. I'm gonna check it out.

i have tons of game on my steam account,,,but why play ?

better hang out with you guys

Like most of us then.

I almost never play games (That's a lie but I spend more time here on gaf.)
I always jump games.
Decided to complete Final Fantasy VI on Android but didn't, instead I jumped to Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on PS3 which lasted me an hour. Now I'm back to Life Is Strange, bought Cities: Skylines (which is fantastic!), and today I decided to start up Shenmue.

Eila

I know this is steam but Origin is offering 6 hours of single player and free multiplayer for Dragon Age: Inquisition

How does the SP trial work? Is it 6 hours after I start the game?

I believe it's 6 hours of gameplay, so you can go back anytime until you log 6 hours.

Uzzy

The Gameplay looks fun. Just a shame that Bethesda's storytelling has less depth and nuance and character than an episode of Peppa Pig.

L.O.R.D

Go play your damn games man!
I wish I had the choice of doing that right now!
Come on, gimme a list of games you're considering and I'll help you pick.

many times i want to play a game and find my self distracted by something else

list of the game that i want to play it on my account

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Transistor
The Walking Dead: Season 1+2 + DLC
The Last Remnant
Skyrim
State of Decay
Skullgirls
Serious Sam 3
Roundabout
Resident Evil 5
Saints Row 4
Quantum Conundrum
Pix the Cat
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds ( played it bit and really enjoyed it , somehow i lost my progress )
Outlast
Oceanhorn
Ms. Splosion Man
DARK SOULS 2

and many many more...

oh , did i forget about the 3DS - Vita - PS3 games that i didn't touched ?
i bought the vita for persona 4 golden and never run it once

many times i want to play a game and find my self distracted by something else

list of the game that i want to play it on my account

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Transistor
The Walking Dead: Season 1+2 + DLC
The Last Remnant
Skyrim
State of Decay
Skullgirls
Serious Sam 3
Roundabout
Resident Evil 5
Saints Row 4
Quantum Conundrum
Pix the Cat
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds ( played it bit and really enjoyed it , somehow i lost my progress )
Outlast
Oceanhorn
Ms. Splosion Man
DARK SOULS 2

and many many more...

oh , did i forget about the 3DS - Vita - PS3 games that i didn't touched ?
i bought the vita for persona 4 golden and never run it once
*raises right eyebrow*

Just play Ys: the oath in felghana without a second thought. With the voice pack!

Believe in me.

Good start, but get a third company to do the engine, and you might have a solid game.
Haha who would do that? In Beth's defense, elder scrolls and fallout have a lot of dynamic elements. But i do wish theyd make an entirely new engine for their open world games

Hektor

Opened the video and found out this is actually Top 10 2015 PC games with "release dates" that aren't on any of his per-genre Top 10 lists. Someone knows how to make money by spamming YouTube with content.

You forgot the post-e3 part.

Ideal scenario: beth does the world obsidian does literally everything else.

Why would you want a world designed by bethesda? Do you crave labyrinth-like metrotunnel so badly?

cyba89

After finishing Bloodborne earlier this year I decided to give Dark Souls another shot today.
Gaping Dragon
is still kicking my ass. Seems even a bit harder now after BB because I constantly forget to raise my shield and everything is so heavy and slow. But I had him down to one fifth of his health so I'm slowly getting there...

Yes, I know he is supposed to be one of the easier bosses of the game, because his attacks are super-obvious. :p

You forgot the post-e3 part.

Why would you want a world designed by bethesda? Do you crave labyrinth-like metrotunnel so badly?
For all of NV's strengths, its setting wasnt one of them. As a matter a fact, neither was their radio song selections. The radio was just cowboy nonsense, shit got lame yo, need to mix it up a bit. But yea, i found DC more interesting to explore than the mojave. But i know some feel differently and in gaf at least im probably in the minority

Grief.exe

After finishing Bloodborne earlier this year I decided to give Dark Souls another shot today.
Gaping Dragon
is still kicking my ass. Seems even a bit harder now after BB because I constantly forget to raise my shield and everything is so heavy and slow. But I had him down to one fifth of his health so I'm slowly getting there...

Yes, I know he is supposed to be one of the easier bosses of the game, because his attacks are super-obvious. :p

Keep your distance from him, trying to play close like other bosses will get you killed. Wait for him to charge at you, dodge to the side then get your rebuttal when he slams into the wall.

Eila

Gaping Dragon

I always struggle against it. I end up getting stomped. Most of the other bosses you just raise your shield and you're fine.

Deitus

Gaping Dragon

I doubt your shield will do much good against the
Gaping Dragon
anyway. Just try to stay behind it or to it's side. Although, watch out for when it does its charge attack. Even if you are right by its legs when it charges, the leg slightly coming in contact with you will make you take full damage from the charge.
Also, you can cut off its tail and get a weapon for it, if you attack the tail enough times.

M.D

Who wrote the story in Batman: Arkham City? The writing around that Mr. Freeze boss fight made no goddamn sense lol

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand people having trouble with
Gaping Dragon.
One of the easiest bosses in all of the game, doesn't take more than just circling around him.

I also don't get people complaining about the
Anor Londo archers
.Got through it without dying the first time. Probably because I was used to run and roll anyways.

Now
Capra Demon
, that one is quite frustrating to me lol. The damn dogs are unpredictable and hard to hit and they consistently ruin my tries at it.

cyba89

Gaping Dragon.
One of the easiest bosses in all of the game, doesn't take more than just circling around him.

You are right.
His
tail attack
is the one giving me trouble. That's the one I find a bit hard to anticipate and he often does it two times in a row.

Now
Capra Demon
, that one is quite frustrating to me lol. The damn dogs are unpredictable and hard to hit and they consistently ruin my tries at it.

That was my first hard wall I hit in the game where I turned down the game for a few months. Wether you win or lose is determined in the first three seconds of the fight. It just seems a bit luck based and was frustrating. After
his dogs
are down he is easy.

Deitus

Gaping Dragon.

Anor Londo archers
.Got through it without dying the first time. Probably because I was used to run and roll anyways.

Now
Capra Demon

I'm ditching the spoiler tags, because this entire post would be redacted otherwise. Spoil at your own risk.

Gaping Dragon is pretty easy, it's just that its size and high damage are intimidating to first time players. It's pretty easy to dodge its attacks and get behind it once you stop panicking and learn to read its animations. Also, a lot of people at that point are overly reliant on shields, which don't help a ton against it. I did manage to die to it on NG+ though (my first death on that playthrough), because I got cocky, and it one-shot me. Learned my lesson though.

Anor Londo archers I struggled a bit against on my first playthrough. It wasn't the arrows that got me. Those were easy enough to run past, and/or block. It was when I ran up to the archer on the right, expecting to destroy him in close range, and he pulled out a sword and shield. Did not expect that. I panicked because I am very reliant on side rolls, but you can't do those on the side of the building without falling off. Plus this is the first time encountering silver knights, so I hadn't learned their patterns yet. I kept backing up from him, until the other archer shot me in the back, and then the one with the sword finished me off. After a few tries I got more confident in my ability to face him. Plus I was a mage build, so a couple of casts of homing soul arrows, and baiting him into an attack so he wouldn't block them made quick work of him.

Capra Demon definitely killed me a lot on the first playthrough, but I found him to be quite easy on all future playthroughs. You just need to have enough poise so the dogs can't stunlock you, then lure them away from the Capra Demon and kill them quick so it's a one-on-one fight. From there it's super easy, since Capra's attacks are not difficult to dodge.

she's kicking my ass

send help

No idea what game that is.

Buraindo

Gaping Dragon

I don't think using a shield against that boss is a good idea unless it's a greatshield with 80+ Stability, and even then I still wouldn't recommend one. Try attacking
his tail several times. His tail attack will be weakened greatly so take advantage of that by staying close to his back and running away when he either jumps or attacks with his tail.

Gaping Dragon.

Anor Londo archers

Now
Capra Demon

Gaping Dragon
can easily one shot anyone who doesn't have a lot of health, which is most players at that point in the game, his attacks have wide reach and while they are easy enough to anticipate one simple mistake is often enough to end the fight early.

Anor Londo archers
are also tricky in that sometimes they will behave differently and easily catch people off guard. Also one mistake here means that you'll most likely die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom