• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing Bloodborne earlier this year I decided to give Dark Souls another shot today.
Gaping Dragon
is still kicking my ass. Seems even a bit harder now after BB because I constantly forget to raise my shield and everything is so heavy and slow. But I had him down to one fifth of his health so I'm slowly getting there...

Yes, I know he is supposed to be one of the easier bosses of the game, because his attacks are super-obvious. :p
To this day gaping dragon remains the easiest boss in dark souls for me. On my first try not only did i beat him, but he didnt even touch me. Ive fought him like 4 or 5 times (from me replaying the game and my brother wanting me to beat it for him) and the most hes ever done was hit me once. 😏

many times i want to play a game and find my self distracted by something else

list of the game that i want to play it on my account

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Transistor
The Walking Dead: Season 1+2 + DLC
The Last Remnant
Skyrim
State of Decay
Skullgirls
Serious Sam 3
Roundabout
Resident Evil 5
Saints Row 4
Quantum Conundrum
Pix the Cat
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds ( played it bit and really enjoyed it , somehow i lost my progress )
Outlast
Oceanhorn
Ms. Splosion Man
DARK SOULS 2

and many many more...

oh , did i forget about the 3DS - Vita - PS3 games that i didn't touched ?
i bought the vita for persona 4 golden and never run it once

OK, pick up that Vita and play P4G ASAP!

Your PC list has a lot of great stuff.
I'd say Dark Souls 2 with some Walking Dead on the side for when you need a break after getting your ass kicked.
Transistor is short, gorgeous game with great music and an interesting battle system, definitely put a handful of hours aside to clear that one.
RE5 is great with a coop partner.

But yeah, P4G, do it.

Terra_Ex

Yea, KoDP is insanely good. RPS wrote a nice retro review of it last fall.

It's the kind of game you can dive into with ease, but as you replay it over and over it just keeps getting better.

Damn, the enhanced version of KoDP is coming to Steam? Guess I'm triple dipping then. It's so damn good, I'd really love to see someone (or the original devs) attempt a sequel/spiritual successor some day, I can see the formula working quite well in some other settings.

komorebi

Anor Londo archers
are also tricky in that sometimes they will behave differently and easily catch people off guard. Also one mistake here means that you'll most likely die.

Anor Londo archers
are piss easy. Poison arrows, browse GAF for 5 minutes.

Thorgal

the one enemy i hated more then any other in Dark souls bosses included ( yes , even Pikachu and snorlax ) was that one archer up on a small ledge which you can only reach via a thin pillar that fell over .

Fail to dodge the dragonbone arrow , get tossed of the pillar = dead .

Fail at staying on the ledge = death .

Stay at a safe distance to try and snipe him , get savaged by those bat freaks = death .

Gods , i think 70% of all deaths ive had in this game was become of that one dude .

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm thinking of getting a 970 instead of the planned R9 390, mostly because I was thinking of getting MGSV either way and the 970 becomes cheaper than r9 390+MGSV as MGSV is bundled with nvidia cards.

also convinient as my power supply probably hasn't enough W to support the R9 390.

Deitus

Gonna have to dig up that gif from that episode of Kay Plays.

I got you:

iqjN2Hl2YWxoP.gif

Edit: Did the embedded gif stop playing? Here's the link I guess: http://i.minus.com/iqjN2Hl2YWxoP.gif

Sch1sm

Really? I don't think he has been as stellar as he used to be.

That's why I say never everything. Deterioration is one thing, but he's hit the bottoming out period of his career. Retirement is an option at this point.

In other news, Se7en, I picked up Ori (finally), like you told me to. Installing now. I look forward to the game considering the comments on it I've seen here since the summer sale.

Miguel81

Finally got around to starting Batman Arkham Origins(way lttp). It runs very well in the performance department, but the little Croc fight was a glitchfest. Started blinking and the sound cut out. Not a big deal as that was more towards the end of the fight, and I'm getting my groove back from the first two games. Looking forward to my playthrough, but dreading those glitches.

strafer

Finally got around to starting Batman Arkham Origins(way lttp). It runs very well in the performance department, but the little Croc fight was a glitchfest. Started blinking and the sound cut out. Not a big deal as that was more towards the end of the fight, and I'm getting my groove back from the first two games. Looking forward to my playthrough, but dreading those glitches.

Congrats on playing the best Arkham game. You're in for a ride.

zkylon

zkylewd
actually the more i watch this fo4 thing the more i like its direction

i can appreciate beth doing their own thing with the series rather than very clumsily copying the old games and sort of making them a shooter

if new fallout is more about crafting and all that crap at least it could be a decent game in its own right and would have enough new stuff that you don't have to compare it unfavorably to the old ones all the time

she's kicking my ass

send help

fuck her 2 hit grab

which game is this

dex3108

New Geralt movement is more responsive and a bit faster. I like it. They also added HairWorks AA (0/2/4/8) and HairWorks Preset (Low/Medium/High) in Graphic Menu.

That's why I say never everything. Deterioration is one thing, but he's hit the bottoming out period of his career. Retirement is an option at this point.

In other news, Se7en, I picked up Ori (finally), like you told me to. Installing now. I look forward to the game considering the comments on it I've seen here since the summer sale.
Indubitably!

I noticed, but I don't recall telling you to buy it. :/

Should've bought it during the 75% price mistake. Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom