• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Not worth it in the slightest... well, actually worth exactly in the slightest. Not worth the money. Save it for something where you'll see significantly more improvement. Either load times with an SSD or a GPU for much better value. i5 is perfect for gaming.
What is it exactly a processor adds to games? I'm just curious, I really don't know. :)
I guess I could upgrade my GPU from a GTX 780 to a newer one next year, or maybe just HTC Vive.

More games are going multithreaded due to the PS4 and XBO including multicore x86 jaguar CPUs, and DX12 should see more efficient use of those cores.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Dsyndrome

MATLAB and Calc homework are getting in the way of me and Witcher 3 / Alien: Iso. I need to go tease Keira with rats, not program arrays and do limits.

Uzzy

Re-enactment of the MKX finals.

legodeath4mpiy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is Life is Strange Episode 4 our new Shenmue3/Half Life 3/L4D3 etc? The wait is killing me guys.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to back-burner Witcher 3. I really want to continue, but 1.07 really breaks a lot of things that I'd rather not have broken on my save.

Sucks.

Care to elaborate? I haven't seen much backlash and, like Maniac, I've been playing for a decent chunk with no issues.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Super Spareborg:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Cyborg -- MB-FE4FDB0C9D3E953D - Taken by Bayonetta

dex3108

Care to elaborate? I haven't seen much backlash and, like Maniac, I've been playing for a decent chunk with no issues.

For some Achievements are broken and some quests are bugged. Put it is not something that is happening to everyone i think.

Is Life is Strange Episode 4 our new Shenmue3/Half Life 3/L4D3 etc? The wait is killing me guys.

Give me a release date or give me death!

:(

I hope to hear something this week. I need my LiS fix.

And after you beat Ep. 4 you need to wait grand finale ;D That is why i am waiting all 5 episodes to come out before starting it :D

JaseC

jasec is back

and he's got fat and with a funny hat

That's the reflection of your own avatar.

Alternative post: Apparently binging on AssCreed isn't good for one's physical and mental health. I'm actually having a bit of fun with Rogue despite the whole Colonial America thing. I may revisit LibHD afterwards (at this rate I'm never going to finish The Witcher 3).

In other news, I'm seriously considering buying Acer's 27" IPS G-Sync monitor and finally retiring my trusty-but-rusty Dell 22". I'll probably have to pick up a second 980, though: judging from the benchmarks I've seen, I'll generally be looking at a performance drop of around 40% going from 1680x1050 to 2560x1440. In something like Rogue that's not really going to matter, but The Witcher 3 will probably be unplayable without significant reductions in settings. I haven't been working many shifts lately, though, and it's going to be quiet for another 2-3 weeks, so I may have to *gasp* slow down on buying Steam games for a little while so I can get 980 #2 sooner rather than later (eBay prices aren't too bad -- around $550 inclusive of shipping if you get lucky).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Give me a release date or give me death!

:(

I hope to hear something this week. I need my LiS fix.
The game has been so good and with the ending of EP3 I wonder how they will top it. They say 4 will have a bigger shocking value so I am already excited to see hat is the twist.

And after you beat Ep. 4 you need to wait grand finale ;D That is why i am waiting all 5 episodes to come out before starting it :D

I usually dont play episodic games as they are coming out but this one has been great and the waiting times compared to others has been actually acceptable. Also the conversations as the episodes go on the OT are fun.

Dr Dogg

Anarchy Mechromancer is the best. If you accidently hit reload, you can usually switch to another weapon really quick to cancel it out by switching weapons really quick, but even then I've lost hundreds of stacks of Anarchy a number of times from accidentally reloading. Eventually you can get a skill that activates when you reload manually that slowly drains your Anarchy instead of immediately losing it (you can cancel this by manually reloading again, so you can fire one bullet and reload before you lose much). I highly recommend you get this skill to save yourself the frustration. I love that they recorded a bunch of different dialogue for Gaige to express her frustration when she loses her Anarchy stacks though.

I agree with you though that one button to do everything is frustrating game design. I've hated it in almost every game I've seen it in.

But I generally play PC shooters on keyboard and mouse, and though I'll play most other games with a controller. What's frustrating is when PC games designed with console sensibilities bind every single action to the same key anyway, with no option to bind them to multiple things. I'm looking at you Mass Effect.

Yeah I think I've seen that skill, Discord? I'm working my way down the Ordered Chaos tree at the mo so should get to it in the next 5 or so levels. Considering when I first played through it partially with 1 other mate as a Commando I found the middle section super grindy and the enemy's incredibly bullet spongy but I'm about 2 thirds through and it's been a breeze. Granted I've got a couple of awesome guns (high powered and high rate of fire corrosive SMG and a ludicrous 110x10 explosive shotgun) that combined with a couple hundred stacks of Anarchy tear through just about anything. Even in tough encounters like the Wilhelm boss fight I just send Deathtrap in to tank and then start off at long range with a sniper rifle.

I would normally play at the desk but lazy weekend and all so sofa and TV it is so was pretty much controller for ease of convenience

iosefe

i need it so much. i need resolution. ep-1-3 messed me up in a way i didn't expect. here's what i said in the LiS strange thread:

I think I've finally digested what I've experienced. Nearing the ending episode 2 I felt a sensation of concern an melancholy, a tightness in my chest I haven't felt since catching the Series Finale of MASH again. Then episode 3 happens to drive it home. Now here I am listening to Santa Monica Dream, again after going through the whole album once, with watery eyes. So many places this story could go, but I need that brighter ending soon.

i think i may be overly emotional

JaseC

Such a shame they goofed AC's story up.

I'm glad Ubi didn't go down the road of having a modern-day AssCreed as the historical element is the big draw for me. As much as AssCreed is my guilty pleasure, it doesn't have the gameplay to counter-balance a thoroughly uninteresting setting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i need it so much. i need resolution. ep-1-3 messed me up in a way i didn't expect. here's what i said in the LiS strange thread:

I think that's a perfectly rational reaction to LiS. The more personal story tied in with such strange, time-twisting abilities allows for some really powerful explorations of character and situation. In places, it feels like it'd be perfectly at home with some 90s era live action Nickelodeon teen drama shows, but it's very obviously got a much more mature plot and approach.

DONTNOD had been responding to fans on twitter very recently saying they'll have a date to announce soon! Be hopeful!

Dr Dogg

Assassins creed 1 still looks great after all these years
at 4K

I had AssCredd Uno running at 3840x2160 with HBAO+ with 2xSGSSAA and still at 60fps on 2 780's. Shadow resolution is still horrible and the LOD scaling can be a bit harsh at times but aesthetically I think it's still a great looking game (where as II and Brohood look very muted in their colour pallet's and not quite as diverse as the first). It's never going to happen but I'd sell a kidney for a tarted up version of AssCreed 1.

Simple solution: stop mashing. :3

A gentleman never mashes! Doesn't stop me from being a right tit and pressing the X button when it clearly says Reload and I thought it said Talk :(

Dsyndrome

Damn, didn't realize Witcher 3 achievements were messed up universally after the patch. Time to wait again for a hotfix. Not mad or anything, it is unfortunate though.

iosefe

I think that's a perfectly rational reaction to LiS. The more personal story tied in with such strange, time-twisting abilities allows for some really powerful explorations of character and situation. In places, it feels like it'd be perfectly at home with some 90s era live action Nickelodeon teen drama shows, but it's very obviously got a much more mature plot and approach.

DONTNOD had been responding to fans on twitter very recently saying they'll have a date to announce soon! Be hopeful!

whatever they're doing, it's working, and i hope they do something else great after LiS is over. maybe not as heavy of a game.

zkylon

zkylewd
ur gross

You just like it because Zooey's in it. :p
surely you jest

Worst Shamalamadingdong movie IMO.
Plant
uprising? I don't even remember if anything happened in that movie besides the human reactions/dying.

Wayward Pines is better :)
i happen to really like dumb movies

i have the running theory that the happening is actually m. n. shyamalan trying to see if ppl would realize he was doing a comedy

because it's so damn funny lol

You weren't trying to be sarcastic with me, right? I'm assuming you were directing at the other people who couldn't figure that out.

If you are directing it at me, then, well I sometimes get my different kemonomimi (people with animal features for you non-moon runes speaking people) mixed up, so I wanted to make sure I got it right. :p Also if it makes you feel better, I knew they weren't horns. :p
haha omg so. much. overthinking.

zkylon only likes that movie because of Zooey Deschanel

that perv
not true, i hate most zooey movies actually

tho i can't wait for the new season of new girl

W3 has beautiful artstyle.

yeah that's gorgeous

Super Spareborg:
omg that avatar

JaseC

Has anybody here played Hardland? I stumbled upon it while going through every Early Access game on Steam and making a note of those I don't own that are either notably cheaper than their intended final price or have Early Access-exclusive content. I love the visual style.

omg that avatar

Everybody my age wears a plastic bowl on their head. It's the coolest.

(It's not a bowl, but I did think it was at first.) Edit: It is a bowl.

milena87

Sometimes waiting for a new episode isn't a bad thing. I'm loving everyone's opinions when a new episode is out. I don't think I would end up loving Life is Strange as much if I played all the episodes at once.

The game has been so good and with the ending of EP3 I wonder how they will top it. They say 4 will have a bigger shocking value so I am already excited to see hat is the twist.

Yeah, I can't wait. EP3's ending was already an incredible shock, how could they top that? Damn, I'm excited.

You're not alone. And I am overly emotional when a story grabs me and/or I care about the characters. Life is Strange is probably one of the strongest emotional experiences in videogames so far for me.

Maniac

Banned
What is it exactly a processor adds to games? I'm just curious, I really don't know. :)
I guess I could upgrade my GPU from a GTX 780 to a newer one next year, or maybe just HTC Vive.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I'd definitely wait until the Pascal architecture is released by Nvidia, which I figure is going to be sometime next year. And I've had a multithreaded CPU for a few years now... I've yet to play a dozen games with multithreading, so it's largely pointless at the time being. It ofcourse doesn't help that the majority of programs aren't making good use of multiple threads... Hell, even Windows has been terrible at it in the case of W7. If I had the dough, I'd personally go with the HTC Vive and then get a new GPU next year, although if things continue the way they currently are, I wont be able to buy either on release.
Simple solution: stop mashing. :3
It's a game of mashing though. It's a bit of a shit controller layout imo. But then again, the majority of them are. I'd love my controller a tad more if it had another two buttons by default, that were used by games and weren't silly added on macro buttons like on Razers Onza & Sabertooth and various other third-party controllers.
CDPR. Can't Do a Patch Right.

This is both funny, true, untrue (overall, anyway... I think?) and depressing. Regardless, CDPR has always been good at supporting their games, and in this case they've just uh... Not been the luckiest with the pitfalls of software development :p
Damn, didn't realize Witcher 3 achievements were messed up universally after the patch. Time to wait again for a hotfix. Not mad or anything, it is unfortunate though.

You could always, just, uh, play the game anyway. It can't possibly be a big deal, there's always SAM if they don't make it a retroactive fix (although I'm quite sure it would be)

Maniac

Banned
Has anybody here played Hardland? I stumbled upon it while going through every Early Access game on Steam and making a note of those I don't own that are either notably cheaper than their intended final price or have Early Access-exclusive content. I love the visual style.

Everybody my age wears a plastic bowl on their head. It's the coolest.

(It's not a bowl, but I did think it was at first.)
I legitimately thought it was a plastic bowl.

I still remain unconvinced that it's not.
I half expect a ending to be (Not really a spoiler since it's vague)
Max has to erase herself or something for everyone else to have a "good" life.

That would almost be too cliché, I would think. It's basically the ending to the majority of time-travel media.

Jawmuncher

I legitimately thought it was a plastic bowl.

I still remain unconvinced that it's not.

That would almost be too cliché, I would think. It's basically the ending to the majority of time-travel media.

You always gotta have at least one cliche if you do multiple endings.

Maniac

Banned
Same for me.

I'm loving the fact that books & notes are their own inventory tab now, I'm loving crafting stuffs weight having been removed, loving the player-stash since I wear the different witcher armours in rotation, Roach is a lot better to ride now and doesn't stop at narrow passages and stuff anymore, I've no stuttering in Novigrad anymore... I can properly use HairWorks with low-level tesselation / AA... And I've yet to encounter more than one single bug since the patch.

The one bug I did encounter was a whale simply freezing in the middle of it's jump-animation. It was kind of awesome, if not entirely awesome.

I'm not a fan of the new movement system though, because I really like the default one. So I'm really happy that it's optional.
You always gotta have at least one cliche if you do multiple endings.

True, true. But yeah, isn't it basically the ending to stuff like
Looper, The Butterfly Effect and... Err, Hot Tub Time Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom