• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
Man, going back to Skyrim after playing Witcher 3 is kind of a bummer. Not sure what exactly it was, but Skellige is soo much better at being Skyrim than Skyrim.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Man, going back to Skyrim after playing Witcher 3 is kind of a bummer. Not sure what exactly it was, but Skellige is soo much better at being Skyrim than Skyrim.

You don't have to play skyrim if you don't want to, I stopped playing or even thinking of other RPGs after witcher 3.

Dr Dogg

Why has no one mentioned Castle In The Darkness is the Daily and is 50% off? By the way Castle In The Darkness is the Daily and is 50% off. If you've read this sentence you probably want Castle In The Darkness which is the Daily and is 50% off.

Wow! I saw Odallus: The Dark Call is a pretty new release on Steam. Never heard about it before, but it looks awesome. Anyone played it? Is it worth a purchase?

These graphics are awesome.

joymasher.png

Well, looks like I'm going to have to back-burner Witcher 3. I really want to continue, but 1.07 really breaks a lot of things that I'd rather not have broken on my save.

Sucks.

Dr Dogg

Since the whole Watch_Dogs fiasco with games coming out a tad wobbly and then the subsequent patches making some things better but others worse I have always made a manual backup of the last functioning build of what ever newly released AAA game I'm playing at the moment. Did it with FFXIII-2, Far Cry 4, AC Unity, Resi Revelations 2, GTA V and Witcher III (of course pasting that back in disabled Steamworks and I didn't have a save for that build :().

If you can catch a game patching pause it and go check your downloads folder to see what's actually being updated. Sometime you can make a backup of just these files and not the whole install and roil back to a previous version by replacing them.

Nixxes are one of the few devs who do things right and have a separate branch for every build they push. You can download any version of Tomb Raider or Thief by selecting it from the beta tab. Wish more devs would do this as the tools are there.

zkylon

zkylewd
But that's what neogaf is for!!
i'm everywhere!

download the zkylon app now on android, ios, windows phone and blackberry for only $1.99

Hmm i played a bit with In Home Streaming settings and i got it to work finally at acceptable rate with my old notebook (2.13 GHz Intel Core i3 Processor i3-330M, 4GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M).

Ignore resolution i didn't set up my TV.
it's weird how the artstyle from witcha 2 to 3 changed so much i have to look at witcha 3 pictures for a second to realize they're not screenshots from the first game

i really enjoy the more subdued eastern european look of lonely grasslands and stuff

Knurek

If you're planning on playing Dark Souls 1 with a Dualshock 3/4, better stay clear of Windows 10 for now

How about intercepting all DINPUT accesses and not reporting the controller when it is used in Xinput mode?
This sort of already happens when using bluetooth, dinput isn't sent to games, however it still shows up as a controller, and messes with the order of controllers, so games like Dark Souls is pretty much unplayable with the controller on Windows 10, however Distance and some unity games you can manage mostly fine. However via usb still sends input so that's not so great.

komorebi

Paging Grief.exe

Ugh, glad I got a XB1 controller recently. I was tired of the DS4 bluetooth latency bugging out even though I was less than two feet from the USB dongle. I now prefer the XB1 controller but this sucks for DS4windows users. Hopefully a solution is found.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Currently buying Alien: Isolation to comfort my newfound unemployment status

I don't know if it's going to comfort so much as unsettle, but sorry to hear your difficulties! It's a pretty good game, and one of the most polished approaches to the "run away" style of horror that's become prevalent since Amnesia hit the scene.

i guess im lucky not to have a videocard and be spared of the witcha 3 woes :>

Some people had it worse than me (my only complaints worthy of note are a couple of crashes when the game was on 1.05) and the game certainly isn't perfect, some improvements introduced through patches should've been there from the start.
That being said, the game was always enjoyable from day 1 and never had any issues that made me even remotely consider stop playing it.
I upgraded my PC because of this game and I'd do it again a 100 times over because otherwise I would be missing out on what is in my opinion one of the very best games ever made and my favorite rpg ever.

Dr Dogg

Right now I'm in the 'controllers for PC gaming are hellspawn' camp. Case in point I'm bizarrely still playing Blands 2 chilled out on the sofa, PC connected to the TV (was going to make a joke that I must be sick or something to have sunk 20+ hours in this week but that shit's tired now). I'm playing as a Mecromancer which one of the skills, Anarchy, rewards you for not manually reloading and grants you a buff for every kill or automatic reload after the clip is emptied that stacks so you end up with some crazy damage output. But reload manually and you lose the buff. Now this is cool on a keyboard as the action button and reload button are separate but on a pad it's the same, and you know how many times you have to press the action button in Blands. Gearbox's core pillar of game design is 'Press X to do a thing', even Alien Colonial Marines is littered with it. Needless to say there's lot's of screaming and shouting when I accidentally reload and lose my buff when all I want to do was pick some shit up or use a vending machine. Controllers can go suck it!!!

Dsyndrome

Playing the original Tomb Raider with anything but a controller is just torture. I don't knock anyone wanting to play either method though on PC.

Hopefully Microsoft either re-implements the channel they shut down or provides an alternative for non-Xbox controllers with Win 10. I don't want to have that be the big reason I don't upgrade this year.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's cute. ^_^ Foxgirl, right?

evidently

Some people had it worse than me (my only complaints worthy of note are a couple of crashes when the game was on 1.05) and the game certainly isn't perfect, some improvements introduced through patches should've been there from the start.
That being said, the game was always enjoyable from day 1 and never had any issues that made me even remotely consider stop playing it.
I upgraded my PC because of this game and I'd do it again a 100 times over because otherwise I would be missing out on what is in my opinion one of the very best games ever made and my favorite rpg ever.
it just seems to be the 2014-2015 way to wait for a few patches before srs playing something

i happen to be so commited to waiting that i destroyed my videocard to prevent myself from giving in to the temptation :>

i love that movie <3

Deitus

Right now I'm in the 'controllers for PC gaming are hellspawn' camp. Case in point I'm bizarrely still playing Blands 2 chilled out on the sofa, PC connected to the TV (was going to make a joke that I must be sick or something to have sunk 20+ hours in this week but that shit's tired now). I'm playing as a Mecromancer which one of the skills, Anarchy, rewards you for not manually reloading and grants you a buff for every kill or automatic reload after the clip is emptied that stacks so you end up with some crazy damage output. But reload manually and you lose the buff. Now this is cool on a keyboard as the action button and reload button are separate but on a pad it's the same, and you know how many times you have to press the action button in Blands. Gearbox's core pillar of game design is 'Press X to do a thing', even Alien Colonial Marines is littered with it. Needless to say there's lot's of screaming and shouting when I accidentally reload and lose my buff when all I want to do was pick some ship up or use a vending machine. Controllers can go suck it!!!

Anarchy Mechromancer is the best. If you accidently hit reload, you can usually switch to another weapon really quick to cancel it out by switching weapons really quick, but even then I've lost hundreds of stacks of Anarchy a number of times from accidentally reloading. Eventually you can get a skill that activates when you reload manually that slowly drains your Anarchy instead of immediately losing it (you can cancel this by manually reloading again, so you can fire one bullet and reload before you lose much). I highly recommend you get this skill to save yourself the frustration. I love that they recorded a bunch of different dialogue for Gaige to express her frustration when she loses her Anarchy stacks though.

I agree with you though that one button to do everything is frustrating game design. I've hated it in almost every game I've seen it in.

But I generally play PC shooters on keyboard and mouse, and though I'll play most other games with a controller. What's frustrating is when PC games designed with console sensibilities bind every single action to the same key anyway, with no option to bind them to multiple things. I'm looking at you Mass Effect.

i love that movie <3

You just like it because Zooey's in it. :p

Jazz573

evidently

You weren't trying to be sarcastic with me, right? I'm assuming you were directing at the other people who couldn't figure that out.

If you are directing it at me, then, well I sometimes get my different kemonomimi (people with animal features for you non-moon runes speaking people) mixed up, so I wanted to make sure I got it right. :p Also if it makes you feel better, I knew they weren't horns. :p

dex3108

it's weird how the artstyle from witcha 2 to 3 changed so much i have to look at witcha 3 pictures for a second to realize they're not screenshots from the first game

i really enjoy the more subdued eastern european look of lonely grasslands and stuff

W3 has beautiful artstyle.

Maniac

Banned
Well, looks like I'm going to have to back-burner Witcher 3. I really want to continue, but 1.07 really breaks a lot of things that I'd rather not have broken on my save.

Sucks.

I'm playing it and haven't encountered a single bug lol

Only encountered tons of stuff working better than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom