• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
What if the canon ending is not bright tho?
0ef9e2c169.gif

Bae what's that from?

I'm loving the fact that books & notes are their own inventory tab now, I'm loving crafting stuffs weight having been removed, loving the player-stash since I wear the different witcher armours in rotation, Roach is a lot better to ride now and doesn't stop at narrow passages and stuff anymore, I've no stuttering in Novigrad anymore... I can properly use HairWorks with low-level tesselation / AA... And I've yet to encounter more than one single bug since the patch.

The one bug I did encounter was a whale simply freezing in the middle of it's jump-animation. It was kind of awesome, if not entirely awesome.

I'm not a fan of the new movement system though, because I really like the default one. So I'm really happy that it's optional.

True, true. But yeah, isn't it basically the ending to stuff like
Looper, The Butterfly Effect and... Err, Hot Tub Time Machine?

Still haven't tried the alternate movement and didn't do much riding in my time with the game after the patch to see if Roach really has improved but I agree with the rest.
Those additions were really needed, shame they didn't happen sooner.

zkylon

zkylewd
Everybody my age wears a plastic bowl on their head. It's the coolest.

(It's not a bowl, but I did think it was at first.)

reminds me of the sperm woody allens from everything you always wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask

brilliant avatar lol

Uzzy

True, true. But yeah, isn't it basically the ending to stuff like
Looper, The Butterfly Effect and... Err, Hot Tub Time Machine?

Lots of
Doctor Who and Star Trek
episodes that deal with time travel have similar endings. It's also the ending to
Donnie Darko.

So yeah, it's a pretty common time travel cliche.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
After like... 6 years with my 21" monitor, I finally decided to upgrade. Just ordered a Dell ultrasharp U2414H. Probably nothing like what most of you guys are playing with, but I won't spend more than €300 on a monitor.

I'm playing it and haven't encountered a single bug lol

Only encountered tons of stuff working better than ever.

Care to elaborate? I haven't seen much backlash and, like Maniac, I've been playing for a decent chunk with no issues.

Taking a couple of notes from this reddit thread:
  • My performance seems lower, even with the same setting and Hairworks still off (on a 980).
  • I've had some stuff vanish from my Stash with no way to get it back (until I reloaded my save before I put stuff in there).
  • Roche
    won't talk to me.
  • Ally NPCs are too weak/die in one hit, messing up my quest progression.
  • Even with all of my stuff put in the stash, Geralt still has an encumbrance of around 55. i.e. I have a "ghost weight" of 55.
  • Cosmetic/minor, but rain now appears inside of buildings.

Those are just the ones I've noticed in my short time playing after the patch. Given that I was constantly reloading saves to try and get around NPCs dying, or items disappearing, I've decided to wait until the game's more stable.

I've still got a long way to go, and I'd rather have the game be functioning properly (or at least near 1.06-level) before continuing.

Lomax

As much as it hurts me to see Witcher 3 sitting in my library unplayed because I still don't have the video card for it, I'm glad I haven't had to deal with any of the new release bug drama. I'm sure by the time I'm finally able to play it they'll have most of the serious stuff ironed out.

Maniac

Banned
  • My performance seems lower, even with the same setting and Hairworks still off (on a 980).
  • I've had some stuff vanish from my Stash with no way to get it back (until I reloaded my save before I put stuff in there).
  • Roche
    won't talk to me.
  • Even with all of my stuff put in the stash, Geralt still has an encumbrance of around 55. i.e. I have a "ghost weight" of 55.

Those are just the ones I've noticed in my short time playing after the patch. Given that I was constantly reloading saves to try and get around NPCs dying, or items disappearing, I've decided to wait until the game's more stable.

I've still got a long way to go, and I'd rather have the game be functioning properly (or at least near 1.06-level) before continuing.

Rain has always appeared inside of quite a lot of buildings... And are you sure it's not the equipment you're wearing weighing you down? :p

Nonetheless I'll have to test some of this. Can't say any NPCs have died on me though, nor have I seen it rain in any new places that it wasn't raining in before. That sucks though, performance has been improved for me, enough that I can now run HairWorks, albeit with lowered tesselation settings, on a steady 60 on my 780ti. Hope the stuff you've encountered is fixed though :|
Lots of
Doctor Who and Star Trek
episodes that deal with time travel have similar endings. It's also the ending to
Donnie Darko.

So yeah, it's a pretty common time travel cliche.

Totally forgot about Donnie. But yeah, it really is a very common time-travel cliche, although it's not necessarily the worst one.

Mokoi

Banned
As much as it hurts me to see Witcher 3 sitting in my library unplayed because I still don't have the video card for it, I'm glad I haven't had to deal with any of the new release bug drama. I'm sure by the time I'm finally able to play it they'll have most of the serious stuff ironed out.
Can you not run the game at all? Just play the game it's great. I finished it with stutters and everything low. Don't get so caught up in having the best graphics man, but whatever floats your boat.

Can you not run the game at all? Just play the game it's great. I finished it with stutters and everything low. Don't get so caught up in having the best graphics man, but whatever floats your boat.

TotalBiscuit and the framerate police would like a word with you.

Teggy

• Roche
    won't talk to me.

Yeah I loaded it up today and Novigrad seemed to perform worse than before. Used to run at 60 pretty consistently but now is dropping noticeably.

And regarding your spoiler person - I have a quest to meet them at the hanging tree and they are not showing up. I even meditated to midnight then dawn then midday then dusk and they never showed up.

Edit: yup the quest listed on Reddit is the one I'm on. Guess I will wait for 1.08 to start playing again :(

Dsyndrome

Now y'all got me listening to Blue Jeans and Gods and Monsters.

Also, performance degraded for me with Witcher 3. Had to turn some stuff down to High from Ultra in order to have the same FPS. Achievements not activating I'm sure down the line, although I haven't done anything to unlock one since 1.07 came out.

Dr Dogg

After like... 6 years with my 21" monitor, I finally decided to upgrade. Just ordered a Dell ultrasharp U2414H. Probably nothing like what most of you guys are playing with, but I won't spend more than €300 on a monitor.

Funnily I'd say the opposite. One of the better 24" monitors out there at the moment. Did have an issue reporting it's signal capabilities to Windows which would result in it being recognised at a Limited Range RGB Display but Nvidia pulled their finger out and you can freely amend that in NVCP now. Very accurate panel with good uniformity and low latency plus Dell don't scrimp on their warranty's for their Ultrasharp range..

Lomax

I'm still running a 5770, from everything I've been able to determine it wouldn't run at all in any playable fashion, even with everything turned down. It's not like I lack for things to play, the only reason I already have a copy of it at all is the cheap Russian copies from last fall. But as soon as I finally do get a new video card it will definitely be the first thing I install.

Rain has always appeared inside of quite a lot of buildings... And are you sure it's not the equipment you're wearing weighing you down? :p
Well, Rain is in pretty much every building now. :(

When I did my encumbrance test I put everything into the stash that I could, including what I had equipped. I think that the crafting materials may be bugged -- they're supposed to be weightless now, but I don't think that they are.

Yeah I loaded it up today and Novigrad seemed to perform worse than before. Used to run at 60 pretty consistently but now is dropping noticeably.

And regarding your spoiler person - I have a quest to meet them at the hanging tree and they are not showing up. I even meditated to midnight then dawn then midday then dusk and they never showed up.

Edit: yup the quest listed on Reddit is the one I'm on. Guess I will wait for 1.08 to start playing again :(
Yeah, Novigrad is where I'm seeing huge drops in performance as well. The performance issues are everywhere I've tested, but Novigrad is by far the worst.

Maniac

Banned
Well, Rain is in pretty much every building now. :(

When I did my encumbrance test I put everything into the stash that I could, including what I had equipped. I think that the crafting materials may be bugged -- they're supposed to be weightless now, but I don't think that they are.

Yeah, Novigrad is where I'm seeing huge drops in performance as well. The performance issues are everywhere I've tested, but Novigrad is by far the worst.

Dang. That sucks. :/

Boo_This_Man.gif

How can you look down on a game where you play as Rambo inspired Elephant saving innocents and smashing up nazis?
Why do people like you make gaming so bleak and unworthy of the time and effort that goes into them? Why do you gladly drop $60 to pre-order broken on release PC games when you can get games that run fine day 1 for a 1/4 of that price?
Watched the trailer. Tembo looks boring as quark to me.
Not even bundle worth.

But hey, I'm glad there's an enthusiastic niche for it.
What is it exactly a processor adds to games? I'm just curious, I really don't know. :)
I guess I could upgrade my GPU from a GTX 780 to a newer one next year, or maybe just HTC Vive.
Not gonna pretend like I know much but CPU is important for gaming. An i5 is more than enough for the foreseeable future that much I know.
780 is pretty powerful but maybe its 3GB can be a hurdle for a small set of titles with high textures (packs). But upgrading your 780 to a 980Ti would give you a ton more gains than i5 to i7.
Assassins creed 1 still looks great after all these years
at 4K
Does look good indeed. I should get this first AssCreed game at some point and start with the series.
CDPR. Can't Do a Patch Right.
Ha! Nice to see you again.
seems like it's been a long week for SteamGAF and real life
finally graduated on Monday after long five years!
and work starts tomorrow (Monday) too! -in an industry I could only dream of working in
Sweet, congrats! Which industry would that be? Gaming?

There really wasn't any 'new release bug drama'. I'd argue that after this patch the game is in a worse state than at launch.

Then again, I played for 70 hours without any real bugs showing up....

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Funnily I'd say the opposite. One of the better 24" monitors out there at the moment. Did have an issue reporting it's signal capabilities to Windows which would result in it being recognised at a Limited Range RGB Display but Nvidia pulled their finger out and you can freely amend that in NVCP now. Very accurate panel with good uniformity and low latency plus Dell don't scrimp on their warranty's for their Ultrasharp range..

How would I know if I have this issue, this shows in the control panel somewhere? Monitor should be here tuesday, curious to see the difference with my old one.

This is the worst possible bug you can run into. It will affect main story quests down the line. Don't skip it and go off to do other things.

Dr Dogg

How would I know if I have this issue, this shows in the control panel somewhere? Monitor should be here tuesday, curious to see the difference with my old one.

Right click on the desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel from the menu. Then just select Full Range from this menu.
Hey presto you're displaying the correct colour space with 16.7 million colours.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Right click on the desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel from the menu. Then just select Full Range from this menu.

Hey presto you're displaying the correct colour space with 16.7 million colours.

Have an amd card, but I found that setting in the control center. That setting wasn't checked with my current monitor :/

Dr Dogg

Have an amd card, but I found that setting in the control center. That setting wasn't checked with my current monitor :/

Whoops that's an old habit there (or assuming everyone uses an Nvidia GPU, I've stupidly linked an incorrect picture anyway). There should be a toggle in Catalyst Control Centre, just as long as you set it to full range and you should be gravy.

CDPR. Can't Do a Patch Right.
Clever.
I have the exact same monitor right now, and it looks great, both the screen and its design, love the borderless thing Dell is now going for.

Sarcasm

This is different than my Nvidia Control Panel. Mine is in resolution.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Whoops that's an old habit there (or assuming everyone uses an Nvidia GPU, I've stupidly linked an incorrect picture anyway). There should be a toggle in Catalyst Control Centre, just as long as you set it to full range and you should be gravy.

Yep found the setting, thanks.

I have the exact same monitor right now, and it looks great, both the screen and its design, love the borderless thing Dell is now going for.

Mine now is a bit clunky with speakers under the screen. Just visually/aesthetically it should be an upgrade already. Really can't wait til it gets here.

Grief.exe

Seems Totalbiscuit was never involved in GG. Unless someone can prove otherwise with evidence.

It's kind of interesting following this individual and just seeing how much bullshit is spread about him. I end up defending him a lot of times in GAF threads, not because I am a huge fan, but because the opinions people have are so ridiculous and unsubstantiated.
Well, I can toss another common GAF opinion in the trash.

https://m.soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/enough

AHA-Lambda

Seems Totalbiscuit was never involved in GG. Unless someone can prove otherwise with evidence.

It's kind of interesting following this individual and just seeing how much bullshit is spread about him. I end up defending him a lot of times in GAF threads, not because I am a huge fan, but because the opinions people have are so ridiculous and unsubstantiated.

I have to say I did wonder where that one came from =/

For what it's worth I like TB, but understand why he gets some of the shit he does; that one was the real biggy I didn't see though.

Lain

TB is such a nice fellow, I really don't understand why someone would dislike him

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

He may have never outright said that he's part of GamerGate (the key word here is outright), but it's pretty clear that he shares many of the same views that gators have and that his audience has a huge overlap with GG.

He defended 8chan, tweeted some transphobic stuff, and was on a GG livestream (the video isn't available anymore, though).

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't belive death threats is doing any good to anyone, ever.

This needs to stop, both sides have extremists and the best way to not be a giant douchebag is to not be part of any side in such a dumb conflict as #GG.

Hoping for people to stop having such an intense hate for TB, I don't like his videos but I find his podcast fun and joyfull(mostly because of Jesse and dodger.) so I'm not a TB fanboy at the slightest, I just think this goes a bit far.

Grief.exe

He may have never outright said that he's part of GamerGate (the key word here is outright), but it's pretty clear that he shares many of the same views that gators have and that his audience has a huge overlap with GG.

He defended 8chan, tweeted some transphobic stuff, and was on a GG livestream (the video isn't available anymore, though).

Seems like a stretch, especially that 8chan reference. I wouldn't really call that a defending anything, simply pointing out the irony

That toast post is considered to be transphobic? Sarcasm more likely, but I don't know the reference.

I guess you need to do a little bit more research then.

Educate me. Seriously, I asked for it earlier.

Unless someone can prove otherwise with evidence.

I found the evidence that Dongs Macabre posted to be fairly thin. If there is anything more concrete, then I would love to broaden my knowledge on the subject. Especially if I'm going to bring forth some of this as evidence.

Ya, he can be a huge prick, which is why I said I'm not a huge fan. But this argument seems inherently fallacious, attacking the arguer instead of presenting information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom