• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It's more a "we lower the price of the bundle so with VAT you pay the same as the Americans do/the price we advertise"

A $1.99 bundle won't become 1,99€ + VAT like Indiegala does.
oh, I see, good to know.

edited: btw I got all collectibles in Castaway Paradise, making Jasec proud one game at the time.

no, I never did that in AssCreed game and I'm not sure I'll ever do

Phinor

Well that was a freebie. Internet connection was upgraded from 100/10 to 100/100Mbit for free. Still 20 eur a month. One of the very few cheap things in Finland.

EdTq5Nd.jpg

I hope they keep to their word.

Arthea

reading back I'm also glad I haven't played The Witcher 3 just yet, hopefully they'll fix all bugs until the time I get to playing it.
I also think that in case of PC games, waiting at least half of the year always pays, sometimes even longer, as with Civ games, only waiting is hard.

I have been anticipating Cradle for quite some time. They released this really cool video with excellent music and then the developers went silent. I thought for sure it was vaporware. Glad to see that is not the case.

it was on greenlight btw, and devs posted some in discussions (it should have been released back in 2012! that was their initial plan, I mean)

EdmondD

I have been anticipating Cradle for quite some time. They released this really cool video with excellent music and then the developers went silent. I thought for sure it was vaporware. Glad to see that is not the case.

Lain

it was on greenlight btw, and devs posted some in discussions (it should have been released back in 2012! that was their initial plan, I mean)

I think they scrapped their old engine or something. I remember reading some stuff on my Steam Activity.

Since I'm going through my activity to check what they last said, I found this link to the OST sampler: https://soundcloud.com/flying-cafe-music/cradle-ost-sampler

Looks like it will be kinda cheap, $12.99 for the Standard Edition and $16.99 for the Deluxe Edition:

EdmondD

reading back I'm also glad I haven't played The Witcher 3 just yet, hopefully they'll fix all bugs until the time I get to playing it.
I also think that in case of PC games, waiting at least half of the year always pays, sometimes even longer, as with Civ games, only waiting is hard.

Yeah, I voted for it on greenlight. Just thought they ran into development troubles or something and that the game would not be released. I stopped following the game so I missed out on some stuff.

Arthea

You'll never earn my love with that attitude.

I'll have to live with that ...

btw how's your PC? sorry if you already posted and I missed.

I think they scrapped their old engine or something. I remember reading some stuff on my Steam Activity.

Since I'm going through my activity to check what they last said, I found this link to the OST sampler: https://soundcloud.com/flying-cafe-music/cradle-ost-sampler

Looks like it will be kinda cheap, $12.99 for the Standard Edition and $16.99 for the Deluxe Edition:

that price isn't bad, but I already bought WotS4 and will buy Celestian Tales day one, unless price will be too much to handle, so Cradle will have to wait.

Also I thought that Fairy Fencer F beta ended already, somebody mentioned it, but it still has no steam page, that's odd.

edited: I can't be reading it right.... R9 390 has.... 8GB of VRAM? My 2GB cry, Nvidia or no.

Arthea

That uncooperative multi sounds like something multi should be and it's like 2D Catherine or something. Anybody picking it? (I'm not because it's multi only, but still curious)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258590/

Anyone played this? I'm not the biggest Adv. Time fan but it looks interesting and for $10 or however cheap it goes during steam sales, It looks worth the money :p

It seems they dropped the base price as I remember it being 20€ not so long ago.

Momentary

Banned
GRIEF!
LET US TWEET VANILLAWARE FOR A STEAM VER.!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=172454884

YOU HAVE JASE'S BOOMERANG!
AND MY HAMMER!

What a missed opportunity for them. Games like this seem to sell better on Steam. Was looking at some other Japanese oriented sales figures for games like Rebirth, VC, TiTS, and Agarest and they've outsold their console/handheld counterparts. Needless to say they are cheaper, but still impressive.

Arthea

What a missed opportunity for them. Games like this seem to sell better on Steam. Was looking at some other Japanese oriented sales figures for games like Rebirth, VC, TiTS, and Agarest and they've outsold their console/handheld counterparts. Needless to say they are cheaper, but still impressive.

Agarest games weren't even that much cheaper on steam.

and Odin Sphere, even being repetitive as it is, is a nice game with some really cool ideas.

that price isn't bad, but I already bought WotS4 and will buy Celestian Tales day one, unless price will be too much to handle, so Cradle will have to wait.

I'm pretty interested in Cradle myself. Wise decision to make first-person exploration include a robot chick, at least from a marketing perspective. We'll have to see how it plays out.

It may or may not have to wait, though: depends on whether or not someone can grab an extra copy of WotS4 for me at the sale price (I swear, this will be the last time I bug you all about this, but help a suntanned and mosquito-bitten brother out! Accessing steampowered on this is impossible! First world problems!)

Also, iosefe's new avatar rocks. I'd request one, but I'd worry it would become a "thing" and get overblown like the time everyone got those scribblenauts-style avatars. And I couldn't do that to our accomplished artist.

Arthea

I'm pretty interested in Cradle myself. Wise decision to make first-person exploration include a robot chick, at least from a marketing perspective. We'll have to see how it plays out.

It may or may not have to wait, though: depends on whether or not someone can grab an extra copy of WotS4 for me at the sale price (I swear, this will be the last time I bug you all about this, but help a suntanned and mosquito-bitten brother out! Accessing steampowered on this is impossible! First world problems!)

Also, iosefe's new avatar rocks. I'd request one, but I'd worry it would become a "thing" and get overblown like the time everyone got those scribblenauts-style avatars. And I couldn't do that to our accomplished artist.

I would be inclined to help you, but I'm not sure you want that Euro exclusive price and I'm kinda short on money after Shenmue's kickstarter and WotS4 releasing, you should post this request much later when US steamgaf are on.

I think the Agarest Games kinda burned out some people on japanese JRPGs. At least Agarest 1 and Zero are kinda... bad when it comes to the whole SRPG aspect and the battles take "hours".

I don't quite get it, most SRPGs are extremely grindy and slow or so I always thought.
Plus Odin sphere is ARPG, not SRPG. OTOH if they were to check how Ys6 sold...

edited: and aside from being slow and grindy some have permadeth that makes people to replay big chunks of games, while Agarest games haven't.

Agarest games weren't even that much cheaper on steam.

and Odin Sphere, even being repetitive as it is, is a nice game with some really cool ideas.

I think the Agarest Games kinda burned out some people on japanese JRPGs. At least Agarest 1 and Zero are kinda... bad when it comes to the whole SRPG aspect and the battles take "hours".

Grief.exe

Door Kickers, Frozen Synapse Prime and Running with Rifles have more tactical gameplay on their little fingers than what the Siege beta had. I might pick up R6 3 Gold at the next sale (if it ever goes on sale again) as that is an actual tactical shooter.

Oh no....

The Rainbow Six games went on sale while you were gone.

I would be inclined to help you, but I'm not sure you want that Euro exclusive price and I'm kinda short on money after Shenmue's kickstarter and WotS4 releasing, you should post this request much later when US steamgaf are on.

I don't quite get it, most SRPGs are extremely grindy and slow or so I always thought.
Plus Odin sphere is ARPG, not SRPG. OTOH if they were to check how Ys6 sold...

I know its an ARPG. I just mean that as a SRPG its really boring. Every battle feels the same and its always on this 10x10 board without any change besides the background.

Arthea

I know its an ARPG. I just mean that as a SRPG its really boring. Every battle feels the same and its always on this 10x10 board without any change besides the background.

Well, these are low budget games. I just wish SRPGs had option to skip animation - skip enemy moves and so on, most of what makes them slow is us waiting until we can make our move.

Dr Dogg

Oh no....

The Rainbow Six games went on sale while you were gone.

Mother Fuc...

Oh well fingers crossed with the resurgence of Ubi's Clancy games (3 E3's on the trott have ended with a new Clancy game being shown) that they might get more discounts in the future.
Help me, SteamGAF. I need a new mouse, preferably sub-$50.

Optical
SteelSeries Rival said:

Laser
SteelSeries Sensei RAW said:

Both sub $50 with the Sensei being lefty friendly (you might be able to pick up a cheaper rebadge like the Diablo III or CS:GO variants)

You're Welcome!

Maniac

Banned
Help me, SteamGAF. I need a new mouse, preferably sub-$50.

I've honestly no idea what it costs, but a Razer Deathadder is pretty great, atleast for my hand. But it really depends on the kind of grip you use, the size of your hand, your preferred weight, etcetera.

edit: SteelSeries is fucking trash. :>

dex3108

I just spend good 9-10 minutes fighting Endrega Warrior in Witcher 3 that was Level 11 (i am Level 5). I love this game so much :D

Arthea

Why exactly 4 pack can't be bought as a gift? and how traders used to buy them, I "unpacked" a couple, so there had to be a way around it.

Ban Puncher

I've honestly no idea what it costs, but a Razer Deathadder is pretty great, atleast for my hand. But it really depends on the kind of grip you use, the size of your hand, your preferred weight, etcetera.

edit: SteelSeries is fucking trash. :>

SteelSeries yet to be BTFO at EVO.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MUnited83

For you.
Why exactly 4 pack can't be bought as a gift? and how traders used to buy them, I "unpacked" a couple, so there had to be a way around it.

They can't normally be bought as a gift because of trading.
Traders used to get them with an exploit that allowed you to buy anything as a gift.

Arthea

Pfft you should see the cheevos for One finger death punch.

even One finger death punch has nothing on Tales of Maj'Eyal with 1395 cheevos, it's the main reason I never played it and unlikely will, that's plain intimidating.

edited: what's that about Atlus?

even One finger death punch has nothing on Tales of Maj'Eyal with 1395 cheevos, it's the main reason I never played it and unlikely will, that's plain intimidating.

That's the one I was trying to remember the name of. I once played Tales for more than an hour and didn't get a single achievement. 100% might take a while at that rate.

Haunted

It's a full-fledged 2D beat em up with combo strings and a DmC style ranking system, there's plenty of gameplay to be had to make achievements of.

Beat the bosses, beat a certain number of an enemy type, find secrets, maintain the highest ranking for X amount of time, beat bosses on the hardest difficulty without getting hit etc.

Some of them do get pretty grindy (get X of pickup/currency Y), but I got 35 of the 102 trophies (the way achievements are tracked in-game, I think there's a bug affecting Steam achievements atm) on my first playthrough through the game on normal difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom