• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Prince of Persia games are also in that list...

Most of these are probably cases of the game being outside of the "support" window for it's lifecycle (which makes the KOTORII news really strange, even if welcomed). Usually companies do things for money, so when they (re-)released the games on xbox/ps3 and were required to have achievements/trophies, they added them as mandated. However,since most of those "HD" versions never released back to the Steam/PC platform, the achievements never surfaced on PC.

Oblivion seems to be a strange case though -- Wikipedia claims that the GOTY version was released on Steam in 2009, so that's well after Steam achievements were implemented and available. The last console release (the GOTY edition) came out on PS3 before Sony had implemented and mandated trophy support going forward, so I don't think the PS3 version ever got achievements (thus the only version of TESIV:Oblivion that has achievements is the x360 version).

Oblivion's lack of achievements on other platforms still kinda stings (for me) since my Xbox account got suspended after I unlocked all of that game's achievements. Maybe in another 7,984 years I'll be able to brag about that to someone again.

Parsnip

What's most frustrating about the particular games you chose is that they already have achievements on other platforms but not on Steam. The same is true of other great games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and the early Assassin's Creed games.
Yeah.
And lets not forget the 360 exclusive DLC that Underworld had. Ugh.

Freedom = $1.05 has been posting about his Hitman adventures and I'm really close to playing those again as well, and achievements would instantly push me to do it.

Well at least for Hitman 2 and newer. Can't imagine the first one holds up that well.

textonly

Neo Member
So, KOTORII is getting achievements, cloud saves, and maybe workshop support? https://steamdb.info/app/208580/history/

Achievements: http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=208580
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...c-2-coming-to-mac-steamos-with-massive-update
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is coming to Mac, Linux, and SteamOS alongside a substantial PC update today, more than 10 years after its original launch date. KOTOR 2 goes on sale on Steam and Apple's Mac App Store for $10. Here's what you can look forward to.

KOTOR 2 brings support for up to 5K resolution as well as widescreen support and Achievements. Additionally, Steam Cloud and controller support comes in the new version of Obsidian's sequel to BioWare's classic RPG. Steam Workshop compatibility means the game's legendary mod support can continue on Steam across all platforms, too. To that end, the Sith Lords Restored Content Mod -- a mode that completes KOTOR 2, which had missing chunks at launch -- could well be on its way to the Steam Workshop shortly for anyone to install.

I don't have to choose!
scWmYiTl.jpg

Super Metroid is dope.

Tizoc

If I pre-order Street Fighter V from Steam, will they charge me right away, or when the game releases?

Steam charges instantly for any purchase, even pre-purchases.
I suggest waiting til Sept. when the PC+PS4 online beta rolls out. You might see it go for cheap on some sites.

Pachimari

Yeah.
And lets not forget the 360 exclusive DLC that Underworld had. Ugh.

Freedom = $1.05 has been posting about his Hitman adventures and I'm really close to playing those again as well, and achievements would instantly push me to do it.

Well at least for Hitman 2 and newer. Can't imagine the first one holds up that well.
Yeah, you won't miss much skipping hitman 1. Most of it is reimagined in Contracts which is a better way to experience those missions.

I finished Contracts yesterday and loaded up Blood Money for the first time. Holy shit, within the first few minutes it's clear that BM is on a whole different level than Contracts. I'm going to finish off some FNV DLC before doing more Hitman but Blood Money leaves a very good first impression coming right off of Contracts.

Reading that KOTORII is going to have controller support is making me finally want to pick up the PC version, especially since I've never played the restoration stuff before. Looking forward to seeing it on sale soon

Grief.exe

What's most frustrating about the particular games you chose is that they already have achievements on other platforms but not on Steam. The same is true of other great games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and the early Assassin's Creed games.

I wish more companies did this.
I'd play the Tomb Raider Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy again if they added achievements to them, for example.

The best part is it would take an intern a relatively short amount of time to inplement the achievements and would be free advertisement during a sale.

Cheap
Generate revenue
Free advertisement
Positive word of mouth for the studio

Oh shit, they've added widescreen support natively to KotORII and added The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod to the Steam workshop? I may just have to reinstall KotORII.

Achievements are kinda neat but those two QoL changes being integrated into the main release are so huge.

iosefe

Oh shit, they've added widescreen support natively to The Sith Lords and added The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod to the Steam workshop? I may just have to reinstall KotORII.

Achievements are kinda neat but those two QoL changes being integrated into the main release are so huge.

and controller support

i'm shocked

Arthea

Oh shit, they've added widescreen support natively to KotORII and added The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod to the Steam workshop? I may just have to reinstall KotORII.

that even might convince me to replay the game, achievements were tempting, but this is great news.

edited: in other great news, today I finally did it, uninstalled all f2p games and Loot Hero, welcome me back to sanity steamgaf.
With this I'm 2 games from 52 games too!

edited: well, not all I still left Battle for Blood, but I'll stop playing it the moment I won't be having fun and it'll become too grindy, it kinda already is, but gameplay is not bad and there is gameplay.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
sorry for OT but MrOranges post on the last page reminded me that I really wan t a new arcade stick, and the link to the Chinese parts seller he provided started this itching again...

So I looked for not too expensive and nice cases and found this seller of customizable ones

http://tek-innovations.com/

one case example

cool I thought, you can choose colors, custom name cutting and so on, and the cases are not that expensive, starting at 55$... add the 30$ for the parts from the chinese seller and you have a nice stick for a good prize...

than this happened

FyCIj87.png

the shipping costs more than the case itself *starts crying*

I need one or two others guys from Germany for a group order to make this reasonable...

*sad panda*

Shadownet

Banned

Nabs

Not a Hero (50% off) is a really fun 2d cover-shooter. It's definitely worth picking up if you're into shooting things and making them go boom.

Sch1sm

I am still confused on how you got your money back for Batman. Is it because it's technically broken? I am just confused by the amount of hours really.

Exactly this.

I was waiting for proper discount on GOG, since you know, old games, etc.
Achievements change this a bit...
(I do have a DRM-free magazine copy, no worries man).

Is this where we tell you you missed that one Star Wars humble bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom