• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I'm down for the BTA tier. Had my eye on Space Engineers because voxels are sexy (well to weird graphics obsessed weirdos peeps anyway) but $18 isn't my tipping point.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-B71573FBE18FD2D6 - Taken by nightstorm
Fallen Enchantress -- MB-B1B7D3E3A5ABAAE5 - Taken by bloke
Mercenary Kings -- MB-DA75DC5FD960A850 - Taken by derExperte

Werd

Ah, knew I should have refunded Stanley Parable. I played about 20 minutes and was not feeling the humor/narrator much at all but it felt kind of cheap to refund a game I had technically "finished" once and was generally very well received.

May still get the BTA anyway though, looks like a good bundle and Stanley is all I have.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-595F12C507AF41FF - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 12 entrants total.

t1437503073z1.png
Only one I already had.

cyba89

Let's see if the average drops below $4 otherwise I'll just grab the $1 tier.

Already have Outland, Mercenary Kings (on PS4) and Stanley and I'm not super interested in the other games. Looks like time-consuming stuff and I already have too many games and too little time.

Anyone playing the Tembo demo? Doesn't seem to have native XBOX controller support (just says "joystick", no button prompts) and the audio is super quiet :/

Corpekata

Banned
That Humble Jumbo bundle is honestly good enough to have been a numbered bundle, though I imagine they avoided that since some of the devs are fairly large sized and probably don't have mac/linux versions.

Outland is great. Get the bundle for that.

Mercenary Kings is trash. Don't get the bundle for that.

Mercenary Kings ended up being a disappointment for me. I backed its Kickstarted and played the early version quite a bit. There's a lot I liked but the lack of variety in missions really hurt the game. I was hoping that would have changed for the full release but it didn't. Such a shame.

Arthea

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for $1 just blows my mind, considering its price and how much I paid for it...Endless Space Emperor Edition for $3 more also, but not on the level of FE: LH. And why oh why I bought Van Helsing 2..
Oh well

Amazing game with the best narrative use of "getting caught" in a stealth game. Anyone who hasn't played it should give it a go.

Edit: The sequence in particular involves(spoilers obviously)
a scenario where your family has been kidnapped and every time you get caught by a gang member another person in your family gets brutally executed.

I remember playing Manhunt back when it came out on the PS2 and just doing random shouts using a headset to attract the attention of the idiot enemies. "Buh" "Pft" whatever it took to let me asphyxiate someone with a plastic bag.

It's a crude Hitman game with some horror stuff sprinkled in there for kicks

Arthea

$18 tier makes no sense whatsoever, it's already kinda tradition, buying 4pack of Space Engineers without any discount on steam it costs as much and it's price already have been bellow $10.

chronomac

At least 2 of these are good games.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-594ADB24504E3E96 - Taken by Saty. 12 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-118229FDAF71A1BE - Taken by Benedict. 8 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-BFD4FBA1876BB993 - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.

t1437503853z1.png

yuraya

That is a decent bundle for a buck. Had Outland on my wishlist for some time and Mercenary Kings looks like a fun run n gun game as well.

I might bta later depending on what they add.

Store page on steam says it doesn't work on windows 7? Maybe it's bs? Since they said that for doom 3 i think and it does work. Anyone know?
It works fine on Windows 7/8 but there is a progression glitch in the first area that you will need a fix for. Look around the steam forums for more info.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Jumbo 4 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Outland
  • Fallen Enchantress
  • Mercenary Kings
TIER 2: BTA
  • Endless Space
  • Stanley Parable
  • Van Helsing II
TIER 3: 18$
  • Space Engineers

Great bundle. I'll probably go for the BTA tier since I don't own any of those games.

cyba89

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Stanley Parable -- MB-C330052648D48482 - Taken by SSPssp. 17 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-9FAB24A065F71C5C - Taken by electroflame. 5 entrants total.

t1437504333z1.png

Nzyme32

I'm still having issues with this random cmd prompt box popping up while using Steam. I finally managed to capture what the box says when it briefly pops up (with amusing Jim Sterling):

iLY34lc.png

What the hell could "NOT SANDBOXED" refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom