• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I noticed that but let be honest. I doubt the Steam version will be on sale anytime soon if at all.

Quakecon is coming up so it's very likely Bethesda games will be the weekend deal. Best chance of TESO on Steam going on sale. If it doesn't happen now then I don't expect it until the Winter sale.

Has the Humble average gone below the current $4.12?

This week we will get

CKdf721UcAAsec4.png:large

Interesting. I wish there were options to leery geralt only do these executions to monsters and strait up bad guys.

There was at least one time where i had the option of sparong or killing an npc with morally grey motivations, where i reluctantly decided i have to honorably kill this guy, only to send their head flying into the air. They deserved better, lol.

On the other hand, I sliced a different, fairly major character in half and started clapping. Big witcher spoilers: (
it was Digstra
)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Refunded Fallout 3: GoTY and decided to play through NV during summer sale since I was having issues with crashes. Now I'm near the end of NV and still crave even more Fallout. Thank god for GMG having a sale on the GoTY edition that works on steam.

Now if I can just get the game as stable as I got NV with mods...

The Humble Jumbo Bundle 4 put me over 600 games. Have a couple of spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-ABDBE56EF9863483 - Taken by Se7enSword. 18 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-6EE177459842B131 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 14 entrants total.

t1437519154z1.png

Lomax

Quakecon is coming up so it's very likely Bethesda games will be the weekend deal. Best chance of TESO on Steam going on sale. If it doesn't happen now then I don't expect it until the Winter sale.

Has the Humble average gone below the current $4.12?

I missed the start but the price is still creeping downward. Can't imagine it will go much lower though.

They are up to 255 people? Holy cow. Honestly I think what the worst result may be is just mediocrity. All that time and money and hype either need to make the greatest thing ever or be a massive fiasco, anything in between will seem like a let down.

Grief.exe

Refunded Fallout 3: GoTY and decided to play through NV during summer sale since I was having issues with crashes. Now I'm near the end of NV and still crave even more Fallout. Thank god for GMG having a sale on the GoTY edition that works on steam.

Now if I can just get the game as stable as I got NV with mods...

GMG has the original Fallout 1 & 2 on sale right now if you have the itch for more of the series.

I'm not sure if one of the GOG or Steam versions are better than the other or they are both comparable.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
GMG has the original Fallout 1 & 2 on sale right now if you have the itch for more of the series.

I'm not sure if one of the GOG or Steam versions are better than the other or they are both comparable.

They weren't comparable at one time, but they are now since Bethesda took over on Steam.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-24014B0041FF0868 - Taken by Se7enSword. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-281028BEAB2CFE2E - Taken by texhnolyze. 12 entrants total.

t1437594935z1.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I saw but I just can't play through isometric games that aren't Baldur's Gate. Luckily for me, Cohcarnage (twitch streamer) is doing a playthrough of all the fallout games leading up to Fallout 4.

Interesting. I wish there were options to leery geralt only do these executions to monsters and strait up bad guys.

There was at least one time where i had the option of sparong or killing an npc with morally grey motivations, where i reluctantly decided i have to honorably kill this guy, only to send their head flying into the air. They deserved better, lol.

On the other hand, I sliced a different, fairly major character in half and started clapping. Big witcher spoilers: (
it was Digstra
)

Oh yeah, I cut that dude in fucking half. It wasn't really a hard choice to make.

Lain

Punishment for viewing something with Jim Sterling in it...

High-five!

header.jpg

Spooky's House of Jump Scares full version is finally out! It's a free game, so anyone can play it.

Game was in Early Access for a while, but it just released it's 'Final' Version, which means you can reach to the end of the game, new additions, variety of changes and fixes, two endings.

This game got some attention, and I've heard it's actually pretty good. I've been waiting for the 'final' version of the game myself, think I'll make an OT about it also (that likely will get very little attention, but shhhh).

It still says Early Access on the page at the time of writing, but the update has come out and that tag should change shortly.

ss_4a462d44b7a4690785417fc32849ffad76aa5ee2.600x338.jpg

I went to add&download the game from the website page and it was enough to lock my client into a checking for updates window that forced me to kill the Steam process. Game already living up to the spooky name.

It looks like Sega has pulled Tembo from sale until launch issues are resolved.
Had no clue it was published by such a huge company. Thought indie.
Really hope they quickly manage to get the game polished and successful. Always glad when I see more Japanese devs being good on PC.

Nzyme32

I'm still having issues with this random cmd prompt box popping up while using Steam. I finally managed to capture what the box says when it briefly pops up (with amusing Jim Sterling):

iLY34lc.png

What the hell could "NOT SANDBOXED" refer to?

You did run a malware scan, right?
Second option: are you running some kind of "extra secure" antivirus?
Third option: are you using Chrome/Opera?

I guess something got in your browser, try a malware scanner.

Well it seem I have finally found a solution, mostly since it is actually an issue other people are having caused by the combo of Adobe Flash and Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/537402115095167805/

If anyone has similar problems either:

• Opt out of the Steam Client Beta
  • Delete Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI / PPAPI
  • Punch the guy who owns Adobe in the face repeatedly until you can feed the pulverised mince meat that remains to an animal that deems it a better product than Adobe ones

derExperte

And that's Silent Age. Good casual adventure with an interesting story you can play through without thinking about puzzles too much (~3.5hrs). Gunhound EX too, got used to the controls right when the story ends, replaying levels is fun but there really isn't a lot of content. Now where to next....

Well it seem I have finally found a solution, mostly since it is actually an issue other people are having caused by the combo of Adobe Flash and Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/537402115095167805/

If anyone has similar problems either:

• Opt out of the Steam Client Beta
  • Delete Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI / PPAPI
  • Punch the guy who owns Adobe in the face repeatedly until you can feed the pulverised mince meat that remains to an animal that deems it a better product than Adobe ones
I think it's time to ban flash. Who needs it anyway.

Mivey

Reading the Tembo Steam Community page is just ludicrous. They never tested the game, and they just release it? (Apparently the executable is inproperly named for some (all?) players). What the fuck?

Look at the "Trumbo" name. Did Sega want to test out the refund system?

Lingitiz

Finished Dying Light last night. PC port was pretty solid and looked really nice.

But overall, such a forgettable game. Combat was mostly awful and mission designs were boring. I can't say enough about how bad that story is. The main characters are all super one-dimensional, and the player character is so unlikable and whiny. Rais (the main villain) is a total cliche'd joke and most of the shit he does makes no sense. There's also a
QTE
boss fight at the end that's the most laughable thing.

I have to mention that terrible double-barrelled shotgun you get about halfway through the game. Potentially the worst shotgun in video games. You could shoot a dude or zombie 5 times and they still won't die.

Glad to be done with it. Considered dropping it a few times towards the end of the game but decided just to power through it. I'm sure it's fun for a while to mess around with in co-op, but as a single player thing is was not great.

Adventis

Amazing bundle. Bought so hard.

Knew I should have held off on Stanley Parable during the summer seal lol, but oh well =P
Everything else is good enough for the BTA tier.

Nabs

Reading the Tembo Steam Community page is just ludicrous. They never tested the game, and they just release it? (Apparently the executable is inproperly named for some (all?) players). What the fuck?

Look at the "Trumbo" name. Did Sega want to test out the refund system?

I think it's funny that the demo is better than the actual release. It's properly named Tembo and the Badass Elephant

How do you go from independent to Ubisoft in two years and have 4 studios spring up across the world to make one crowd funded game.

"We are a very large company now, dedicated entirely to making Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We have four development studios: Los Angeles, Austin, Wilmslow, UK and Frankfurt, Germany. Our internal headcount has gone from five at the end of 2012 to 59 at the end of 2013 to 183 at the end of 2014 and to 255 now," he wrote.

Nzyme32

I think it's time to ban flash. Who needs it anyway.

fuck flash. today it hit 2.5 GB resource usage

Yup, everything needs to switch to HTML5

Wish twitch didn't use flash. :(

I think I also hate Adobe in general as well as Flash. Just watch the incredibly egregious way their CEO waltzes around pricing questions point blank regarding the $1,400 more Australia have to pay for digital software - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yigV0GYGQ

What a categorically cuntish company.

Turfster

Punch the guy who owns Adobe in the face repeatedly until you can feed the pulverised mince meat that remains to an animal that deems it a better product than Adobe ones
What has that animal ever done to you?

Also, why do you people still have Flash installed?
If a site uses Flash, it's garbage and you don't need it =p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stanley Parable -- MB-A6913D66BC46CF51 - Taken by yoshizzle

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Stanley Parable was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

rtcn63

Does Mercenary Kings still do that thing where a boss will teleport around the map back an reappear back at full health? (If that was a thing)

Nzyme32

What has that animal ever done to you?

Also, why do you people still have Flash installed?
If a site uses Flash, it's garbage and you don't need it =p

I think I also hate Adobe in general as well as Flash. Just watch the incredibly egregious way their CEO waltzes around pricing questions point blank regarding the $1,400 more Australia have to pay for digital software - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yigV0GYGQ

What a categorically cuntish company.

Particularly the CEO and his attitude as in the above video. Also - Steam uses flash because it's browser is Chromium (the open source variant of Chrome). Their website uses it, the client browser uses it, the overlay uses it browser uses it, BPM browser uses it etc. I know we shouldn't use Steam, but it's hard.

Werd

There is an emulator thread I've seen on here that loves those filters. That one with the tube warp is a little extreme though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom