• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having issues with this random cmd prompt box popping up while using Steam. I finally managed to capture what the box says when it briefly pops up (with amusing Jim Sterling):

iLY34lc.png

What the hell could "NOT SANDBOXED" refer to?

I think there is a ghost in your computer.

Double

Ah, knew I should have refunded Stanley Parable. I played about 20 minutes and was not feeling the humor/narrator much at all but it felt kind of cheap to refund a game I had technically "finished" once and was generally very well received.

May still get the BTA anyway though, looks like a good bundle and Stanley is all I have.
Did you only do the, like, most standard walkthrough? All according to the narrator etc? It's the most boring one by far and the game has some serious cool stuff to offer.

Lomax

Well, that's what I get for buying Stanley Parable during the summer sale. Still a killer bundle though, been curious about Fallen Enchantress for a long time.

I'm still having issues with this random cmd prompt box popping up while using Steam. I finally managed to capture what the box says when it briefly pops up (with amusing Jim Sterling):

iLY34lc.png

What the hell could "NOT SANDBOXED" refer to?

I guess something got in your browser, try a malware scanner.

Haven't idled for quite some time and with the new refund system changing idling significantly, I tried my hands at jschackles new multi-idler.
IdleMasterPy is a real neat tool to multi-idle or idle-to-ready as in jboys words the necessary two hour refund window for the actual card idling to begin.
Got all nostalgic searching for cookies in browser :')

Thanks jschackles!

Arthea

Well, that's what I get for buying Stanley Parable during the summer sale. Still a killer bundle though, been curious about Fallen Enchantress for a long time.

That's not FE, that's FE: Legendary Heroes (the better game), that's what so surprising about this bundle and it being in $1 tier. I still can't believe it.

Nzyme32

I think there is a ghost in your computer.

Punishment for viewing something with Jim Sterling in it...

These are strong contenders

You did run a malware scan, right?
Second option: are you running some kind of "extra secure" antivirus?
Third option: are you using Chrome/Opera?

I guess something got in your browser, try a malware scanner.

Scanning everything now. Since it is only happening when using Steam or the Steam Overlay, I'm assuming it has to be something to do with the browser Steam uses - Chromium. Yet I have only been using it on two sites other than Steam: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth Wiki site and Binding of Isaac Rebirth Items site

Maniac

Banned
anyone too cheap to pick up the BTA for Stanley Parable alone should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Also I'm picking this up at BTA since I only have Stanley Parable of the bunch. I'll now own Van Helsing 2 but not 1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It works fine on Windows 7/8 but there is a progression glitch in the first area that you will need a fix for. Look around the steam forums for more info.

It seems like it has to do with Rockstar's anti-piracy at the time. Strange that they never removed what ever it was when putting it on steam.

Kuroyume

Banned
Pretty sweet bundle. Didn't even realize Van Halsing was the sequel and not the original which they bundled before. So, everything was new to me. And, I've wanted Mercenary Kings for a while now so I've knocked something off the wishlist. Good thing I didn't pick up Outland during the sale too.

Oh well, seems like my Kotor 2 save got eaten as it no longer seems to exist on my computer anywhere. Don't think I'll be playing it for a while :3

Amzin

Is Van Helsing 2 better than 1? I thought I heard it was in some ways and not in others. Brother and I played some of 1 and just... it felt pretty tedious to play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haven't idled for quite some time and with the new refund system changing idling significantly, I tried my hands at jschackles new multi-idler.
IdleMasterPy is a real neat tool to multi-idle or idle-to-ready as in jboys words the necessary two hour refund window for the actual card idling to begin.
Got all nostalgic searching for cookies in browser :')

Thanks jschackles!

No problem, glad you got it working! :)

Is Van Helsing 2 better than 1? I thought I heard it was in some ways and not in others. Brother and I played some of 1 and just... it felt pretty tedious to play.

For what it's worth, I really liked the first game and really hated the second one. I haven't played the third one, doubt I'll bother with it.

Does anyone know how well ESO runs on a GTX 970?

Considering it runs over 60fps on my not-even-close-to-comparable Radeon HD 7850, I think you'll be fine.

Khronico

Finished Valkyria Chronicles (used some A rank strats for the last few levels to get them done fast). Really, really good game, although I didn't enjoy playing the last few battles.

I have VC2 on my vita but I'm wary about playing it since I heard the story is garbage. The story (and characters) in 1 was probably my favorite part of the game.

i bought TESO

i hope to play with you people

I own a copy too.
We should play bruh.

So, KOTORII is getting achievements, cloud saves, and maybe workshop support? https://steamdb.info/app/208580/history/

Achievements: http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=208580

Awesome news

Oh wow, EVO just went past eSports and straight into sportsSports. Woshige celebrating a little bit too early in Xrd was played on SportsCentre.

Sound quality is rubbish sadly, hopefully a better clip emerges!

Also, it's Ryu's birthday. Not that he ever bothers attending his own parties, ceremony means nothing to him after all.

This EVO was amazing, KBR winning Marvel, Momochi stick going bonkers during the finals etc.

I always thought that every PC gamer has and played Fallout games (old ones), a Civ game (or Alpha Centauri), Wolfenstein 3D and KOTOR games at least. Please don't break my universe.

oh I agree with you (yet again), I just pointed out that people will keep using what they want anyway

I played the first Fallout for some about a hour, I have played Civ V and both KOTOR, so I almost fit your universe :p

header.jpg

Spooky's House of Jump Scares full version is finally out! It's a free game, so anyone can play it.

Game was in Early Access for a while, but it just released it's 'Final' Version, which means you can reach to the end of the game, new additions, variety of changes and fixes, two endings.

This game got some attention, and I've heard it's actually pretty good. I've been waiting for the 'final' version of the game myself, think I'll make an OT about it also (that likely will get very little attention, but shhhh).

It still says Early Access on the page at the time of writing, but the update has come out and that tag should change shortly.

ss_4a462d44b7a4690785417fc32849ffad76aa5ee2.600x338.jpg

I remember that game from one of the indie threads, thank you for bringing it back to my attention with the full release.

KotoR II is 25% off for a week to celebrate the Mac and Linux ports
TSLRCM is in from day 1 with steam workshop support

Great! Time to start KOTOR II again and never finish it because I do it for all RPG's D:

Dr Dogg

i bought TESO

After downloading 50gigglybites and then having to redownload the whole lot again due to the switch to buy2play which I metaphorically flipped the table and cancelled the download it might be quite a while before I get back to TESO.

Shadownet

Banned
i bought TESO

I will go on many adventures with you. Too bad primates aren't an option in the game eh?

latest

Do it for her
Goddamn.. You for using her against me.
already bought Outland back during the summer sale :p
g it runs over 60fps on my not-even-close-to-comparable Radeon HD 7850, I think you'll be fine.
What's your CPU? And I'm assuming you're running high settings at 1080p?

played the Tembo The Badass Elephant demo , wasnt expecting much and ended up liking the game but there are some technical issues atm , i will wait a couple of weeks to see if the problems are fixed before i buy it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's your CPU? And I'm assuming you're running high settings at 1080p?

AMD FX-8150 (8 core, 3.6GHz, about 4 years old now). And yes.

I think for most people, the framerate is pretty equivalent to what you'd see in Skyrim, maybe dropping a bit lower if there's a lot of stuff going on on the screen at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom