• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

i just played the demo of tempo , not bad
and i am playing this on my laptop
but he is an elephant , so he is slow when he jump , its like you are controlling sack boy in little big plant

the game it self not something special

also this is little annoying

1CCC87D4395EA2291BD8F2B516E3B4E1327E8E6B

i am using the X360 controller with no problems , but its not showing anything in the option menu
if i am normal person , how the hell i am suppose to know what is JoytickButton0 ?

dex3108

That Dota 2 prize pool is insane. 17M and it is still rising. The International is slowly becoming huge thing not only for gaming .

Also - Steam uses flash because it's browser is Chromium (the open source variant of Chrome). Their website uses it, the client browser uses it, the overlay uses it browser uses it, BPM browser uses it etc. I know we shouldn't use Steam, but it's hard.
Does Steam have its own version of Flash bundled with the client, or is it reliant on the main version of Flash being installed on your PC? I uninstalled Flash from my PC. If it's separate on Steam, any way to uninstall it there? I don't need that shit anymore.

Backlogger

Great Humble Bundle, even for just the $1 tier.

The only thing that bugs me about the middle tier is that Van Helsing 2 is not the complete version. With VH3 out they should only be selling the complete versions of the previous 2 games. I know I am just being picky though, this is a great bundle and the BTA is just over $4 bucks.

Is Double Dragon Trilogy triggering a virus warning for anyone else?

I mean, yeah, PROBABLY a false positive. Seems to be a widespread issue though. It's happening across multiple antivirus programs.

More here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/314150/discussions/0/523890046875237178/

Fucking DotEmu - I'm done with their sloppy shit! I uninstalled the game just to be safe.

Edit: Any way I can contact them to alert them of the issue? They obviously don't read the Steam forums.
Anyone?

madjoki

i just played the demo of tempo , not bad
and i am playing this on my laptop
but he is an elephant , so he is slow when he jump , its like you are controlling sack boy in little big plant

the game it self not something special

also this is little annoying

i am using the X360 controller with no problems , but its not showing anything in the option menu
if i am normal person , how the hell i am suppose to know what is JoytickButton0 ?

Prompts worked for me (tm). Thought I didn't really enjoy the game. Too sluggish / unresponsive

Great Humble Bundle, even for just the $1 tier.

The only thing that bugs me about the middle tier is that Van Helsing 2 is not the complete version. With VH3 out they should only be selling the complete versions of the previous 2 games. I know I am just being picky though, this is a great bundle and the BTA is just over $4 bucks.

If you haven't played, you should wait for trilogy remake. They said it will be free if you own the three base games.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-12CA7153154ACE15 - Taken by salazar547

L.O.R.D

from another thread about Tembo

So the launch on PS4 and PC was a disaster. The game has currently been pulled from PSN. They just added the listing for the demo version, so I'm guessing it's almost ready for PS4 owners. Cannot comment for PC owners. Get a grip, Sega!

how could a demo running better then the actual game ? even if they are the same size ?

Parsnip

Well it seem I have finally found a solution, mostly since it is actually an issue other people are having caused by the combo of Adobe Flash and Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/537402115095167805/

If anyone has similar problems either:

• Opt out of the Steam Client Beta
  • Delete Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI / PPAPI
  • Punch the guy who owns Adobe in the face repeatedly until you can feed the pulverised mince meat that remains to an animal that deems it a better product than Adobe ones

Adobe Flash causing problems? Truly shocking.

Tizoc

Reading the Tembo Steam Community page is just ludicrous. They never tested the game, and they just release it? (Apparently the executable is inproperly named for some (all?) players). What the fuck?

Look at the "Trumbo" name. Did Sega want to test out the refund system?

I'm as excited for the game as the next guy, but if they fumble the release, I just chuckle at it, and wait for them to fix it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, this is coming along:

fXrp1M0.png

Hoping I can roll it out soon

Dr Dogg

Adobe Flash causing problems? Truly shocking.

You could say it might cause a ShockWave. Haha ha.. he. heh. Yeah well I was going anyway.

fXrp1M0.png

Blimey good stuff. Didn't think you'd get it fleshed out this soon. Actually shacks are you going with a selection for variable or fixed for framerate and then if you select fixed to enter the value you think it's set to? And similar for resolution as in key in the highest value you see available (which is more elegant than my native resolution check box suggestion but thought it would be a tad confusing/a pain to do)?

mrgone

At least all the

7PIIlI7.gif

to Flash recently seems to have lit a fire under people to get their html5 work accelerated. I'm truly hoping the greatest release of 2015 will be Flash's blue smoke.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's amazing. Hopefully it'll be pretty popular.

I'm hoping so too. The survey itself consists of 6 questions, 2 of which will have cookie data that will get saved between multiple surveys (monitor resolution and video card manufacturer). Of the remaining 4 questions, 3 are yes/no. In total I think it should take about 30 seconds or less to fill out each survey.

The longest wait is probably the "sign in with Steam" functionality that this uses to a) verify that you own the game, b) verify that you've played the game, and c) make sure you don't submit more than one survey per game.

Hopefully it's easy enough to fill out that enough people choose to.

Lain

I'm hoping so too. The survey itself consists of 6 questions, 2 of which will have cookie data that will get saved between multiple surveys (monitor resolution and video card manufacturer). Of the remaining 4 questions, 3 are yes/no. In total I think it should take about 30 seconds or less to fill out each survey.

The longest wait is probably the "sign in with Steam" functionality that this uses to a) verify that you own the game, b) verify that you've played the game, and c) make sure you don't submit more than one survey per game.

Hopefully it's easy enough to fill out that enough people choose to.

About satisfaction, will it give a breakdown based on videocard, maybe on hovering over the relevant manufacturer bar?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

fXrp1M0.png

"appers" (not being a turd, just genuinely know you appreciate help with localization strings)

Also "Has no built-in graphics options or a graphics menu" is awkward; either "Has neither built-in graphics options nor a graphics menu" or "Does not have built-in graphic options or a graphics menu" is preferable.

jshackles

About satisfaction, will it give a breakdown based on videocard, maybe on hovering over the bar?

Right now the survey simply asks for your card manufacturer, so that's all the data it's collecting. It's relevant because I see quite a few games released that are extremely optimized for one manufacturer over another, and this should help sort those issues out. It's something difficult to distinguish reading reviews on Steam, because it's often something the reviewer doesn't think to mention. So we see a lot of reviews that say "Yeah this game worked great 10/10" and a few thrown in saying "this game constantly crashed", and this should (hopefully) provide some insight into whether or not that lies in the fact that one user was using an Nvidia card and the other was using integrated Intel graphics.

If the feature becomes popular enough, it's conceivable I could provide a drop down list of the individual card/chipset you're using thus providing further clarification or the ability to filter survey results to individuals with your same card.

"appers" (not being a turd, just genuinely know you appreciate help with localization strings)

Also "Has no built-in graphics options or a graphics menu" is awkward; either "Has neither built-in graphics options nor a graphics menu" or "Does not have built-in graphic options or a graphics menu" is preferable.

Thanks for the heads up on those

apXeeL4.png

Dr Dogg

I'd say regards to In Game Graphics Settings would be better handled as a satisfaction survey with just a yes or no answer (ie. Are you happy with the graphics menu options in this game?). A game could have a wealth of options that's hard to list them all while another game could have minimal settings but be adequate for the game you're playing. Still depends on the answers you have set up already I guess.

jshackles

I'd say regards to In Game Graphics Settings would be better handled as a satisfaction survey with just a yes or no answer (ie. Are you happy with the graphics menu options in this game?). A game could have a wealth of options that's hard to list them all while as a game could have minimal settings but be adequate for the game you're playing.

Well it's two different questions really. I guess in it's current iteration it's really designed to distinguish games without in-game graphics settings from those with. Obviously most AAA games have this (but not all) while a vast majority of the RPG Maker and shovelware games are releasing without any graphics options whatsoever. For me personally, this is usually a good indicator of whether or not the developers thought that graphics were important enough to spend time building a menu at all.

Dr Dogg

Well it's two different questions really. I guess in it's current iteration it's really designed to distinguish games without in-game graphics settings from those with. Obviously most AAA games have this (but not all) while a vast majority of the RPG Maker and shovelware games are releasing without any options whatsoever.

Oh for sure and even still there are still some big budget games with little to no settings outside resolution and vsync. Best thing about crowd sourcing this information is you might be surprised with some of the data that comes back. There might be a larger portion of games without graphical settings than you'd have thought or maybe games you'd expect to have but don't.

Shadownet

Banned
AMD FX-8150 (8 core, 3.6GHz, about 4 years old now). And yes.

I think for most people, the framerate is pretty equivalent to what you'd see in Skyrim, maybe dropping a bit lower if there's a lot of stuff going on on the screen at once.
Thanks for the info j :)

Party on. I'll try and fire it up by the time it finishes downloaded in the winter.

...is TESO actually good by MMO standards?
Lol I can't even download it since I'm not home. All I have is my laptop. Can I download the files on my laptop and transfer it to my desktop later?

From what I've heard.. TESO reception ranges from "decent" to "good". So I assume its good for an MMO standard. Final Fantasy XIV ARR is a better MMO though, I played that for a bit.

Its kinda hard to judge the MMO genre since the scope of the games are so big and varies. And tbh, has been so stale lately. No new innovation within the last 7 years.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought the Humble Bundle because I wanted The Stanley Parable, tried to activate the key and it said that I already own the game. So I checked

S91dtjd.png

Now I feel stupid

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Enjoying my time with Sleeping Dogs, but I'm not exactly blown away yet. I do like that there's not too many of each side mission type. Do a few favors, they're gone, move on to something else. I'm actively looking out for the side missions in between main stuff to mix it up.

Jawmuncher

I've been playing this rogue like on my vita. Yeah I can kinda tell the genre isn't for me. I might be able to beat this one, but I don't think I'll ever go back to the genre.

Especially since stuff like Spelunk, Rogue Legacy, and Risk of Rain lose my interest pretty quick.

Dr Dogg

Maybe you're not playing the right Rogue Like for you. Why don't you try Papers, Please or Hexcells.

Of course I realise this is going to go over a lot of people's heads.

Jawmuncher

Maybe you're not playing the right Rogue Like for you. Why don't you try Papers, Please or Hexcells.

Of course I realise this is going to go over a lot of people's heads.

Don't even get it, but I played both of those. Papers Please I liked since it was pretty story heavy in a sense. I sucked at even the first few stages of hex cells and dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom