• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
from KOTOR 2 update notes:

• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

boom

also regarding Mercenary Kings.. I see people hating it on saying it's "boring, repetitive and all you do is shoot things over and over" and then they praise Broforce, which is boring, repetitive and all you do is shoot things over and over. Please Explain.

Whoever's handling the KotOR2 update knows where the priorities are. Great news.

Damn, that looks really good. One of the tags for it is "strategy." How does that come in?
Note: This only applies to story mode.

Inbetween stages you can choose which weapons you want to use.
Also you receive perks to upgrade various aspects (shields, ammo for secondary weapon, etc)

There are also more traditional modes (Arcade, Score-attack, Survival) where you can choose from various ship/weapon configurations.

Sch1sm

Just gonna draw attention back to this part in the OP before we go out the same way the Halo Community did:

In other news, I've been playing Black Flag again (I sped through in 2013) as I wait for Unity install. It's nice to see that it isn't the mess
I thought
III was. It's got a lot more of my interest. *if you haven't played any of the games yet, or this one, as I know a lot of you haven't, I hit spoiler tags even if it's minor.

The ship combat took some getting used to, but when I did, God damn. Come at me.

Only just hit sequence 5, but in sequence 4, mission 2, I struggled because for once you needed to be genuinely stealthy? I was a bit shocked. It was true to its roots of an assassins game, and I failed a number of times because 1) you couldn't kill anyone and 2) you had to go undetected.

Also, the introduction of the
blow pipe
weapon to
shoot sleep or berserk darts
is ace.

E: I've never played any of the Star Wars games despite getting the bundle. Maybe the achievements on II will push me to play the first and then that one. Just maybe. Cloud support and on Mac is awesome, as well, especially since I'm currently limited to an rMBP.

E: I've never played any of the Star Wars games despite getting the bundle. Maybe the achievements on II will push me to play the first and then that one. Just maybe. Cloud support and on Mac is awesome, as well, especially since I'm currently limited to an rMBP.

KOTOR II is incredible. I've never played I, I started with II and had no difficulty adjusting with the story, though playing I before does help.

Why are you limited to an rMBP btw? Just curious.

Eila

That RE2 Reborn game looks bad as a game, but I would like to check it out as a tech demo. Those are Wii assets? They look pretty good to me. Looks about the same as L4D2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Outland -- MB-5729FE770E896995 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 5 entrants total.
Outland is wonderful, if you haven't played it yet please grab it!
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-B0E83968C60392F7 - Taken by derExperte. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-96F04EB0E9B6444C - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-E68D9FDA9D4E35A9 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-9AB609B85D7F3AA8 - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.

t1437528636z1.png

extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-01C2D0F502253CD3 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 12 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-F6DB793C22FBF63C - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-82B06CD321E1164C - Taken by Sch1sm. 5 entrants total.

t1437538655z1.png

Sch1sm

KOTOR II is incredible. I've never played I, I started with II and had no difficulty adjusting with the story, though playing I before does help.

Why are you limited to an rMBP btw? Just curious.

I've done that before, with other games, and then went back and played the first, replayed the second, and realised a lot just went right over my head. The little things you can appreciate, mainly, not some massive hole in knowledge like going straight into say, Dragon Age: Inquisition would give someone.

The laptop I usually use for gaming is experiencing issues, I suspect an HDD issue. Pretty certain it is. I'm not sure if I want to just repair it now, since it's just 7 weeks until I'm back in classes and won't really touch it at that point, or wait a while and build a desktop around Black Friday.

Caerith

Does Van Helsing II have the problem the first game did, where the complete edition often goes on sale but the DLC remains relatively expensive?

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-FBC416B7EC56068F - Taken by Sch1sm. 4 entrants total.

t1437528935z1.png

tumblr_mvnqxy98l21rqfhi2o1_250.gif

also regarding Mercenary Kings.. I see people hating it on saying it's "boring, repetitive and all you do is shoot things over and over" and then they praise Broforce, which is boring, repetitive and all you do is shoot things over and over. Please Explain.

imo both games are boring after an hour or two

derExperte

Thanks anonymous benefactor but why is VH2 22GB big? It looks like 5GB at best according to my calculations. Also I didn't know there's a 'Final Cut' coming (which you get for free when owning all three games). http://steamcommunity.com/app/272470/discussions/0/530646080842509083/ http://www.neocoregames.com/2015/07/questions-and-answers-about-van-helsing-final-cut/

I've been enjoying myself as a STEAM newbie. Picked up a lot of good deals during the Summer Sale.

Welcome then and tell us what you're playing. If you do and haven't jumped directly to the 'I only buy games'-phase.

Thanks anonymous benefactor but why is VH2 22GB big? It looks like 5GB at best according to my calculations. Also I didn't know there's 'Final Cut' coming (which you get for free when owning all three games). http://steamcommunity.com/app/272470/discussions/0/530646080842509083/

Welcome then and tell us what you're playing. If you do and haven't jumped directly to the 'I only buy games'-phase.

Thanks!

I finished Wolf Among Us. I've been dabbling with the original Witcher and Fallout, I'd like to work my way up through both series. I've played all of the Fallout console games and wanted to experience Fallout 1 & 2. I'm new to Witcher and yes the combat sucks in the first game. But I'm bearing with it for now.

I bought something like 30 games in the Summer Sale. This is my first PC gaming rig, so while the backlog is already real, I'm having fun!

Also playing Hearthstone on the side so yeah, spreading myself thin.

Broforce is amazing too.

Pretty much doing what I do as a console gamer, playing a lot of different games with little focus.

Edit - oh and XCOM too!

Jawmuncher

All you do in every game is repetitive.
I guess itagaki wanted you to stick around after that initial return post. :p

Just gonna draw attention back to this part in the OP before we go out like the Halo thread...

Good luck with that. My two cents: unless we have stump's protection, we're almost assuredly doomed.

imo both games are boring after an hour or two

The difference is Broforce can be finished in an hour or two. ;)

Momentary

Banned
I thought I would be bummed about PC not getting the SFV beta, but Necali isn't in it so I'm good for now.

The Tales of Zestiria bar has just completely stopped it seems. I'm sure once it gets closer to release it will meet the goal. I'm impressed that it sold over 10,000 copies already. I'm amazed at how great mediocre to decent Japanese RPGs sell on Steam. I think this will easily get Valkyria Chronicle numbers if it turns out to be a decent port. Combat system in the game looks really enjoyable.

I've been enjoying myself as a STEAM newbie. Picked up a lot of good deals during the Summer Sale.

Yay, me too!

...although I only started off with 6 games as opposed to your 30, lol.

XCOM - Been waiting forever to play this! SRPG is my favorite genre (well, 1a next to platformers).

Halfway - Love the eery, lonely sci-fi atmosphere of a crew surviving in a spaceship. Oh yeah, it's also an SRPG. :)

Banner Saga - Yep, another SRPG. I've been hearing some mixed reviews on it around here after I had already bought it. Still, probably would've gotten it anyway given how long I've been waiting to play this.

Mercenary Kings - Kinda bummed about the mixed reviews I've been reading about this the last couple pages here. Still looking forward to getting it started and seeing for myself.

Bionic Commando - Another game I should've played long ago. :p

FLY'N - Colorful platformer with neat unique character mechanics. I haven't even heard of this game until the Summer Sale when I saw it advertised one day. Looked interesting enough to take a flyer on it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Prototype and now DI are downright bizarre choices. Some of the most aggressively average games I can think of.

Anyone asking for a new generation of consoles got monkey paw'd pretty hard this gen. There's even some games on Steam doing it, to avoid previous metaratings.

Hmmm DI is disgusting anyway so I dont know why they bother

Sch1sm

What do you need it for? For 1080p on consoles?

Essentially, yes. It came out in 2011 on PS3/360, and the Definitive will be PS4/XBONE. PC, as well, of course, in this case. Not worth it, though.

I wonder how well it'll sell on PC considering, well, Dying Light's existence.

Yay, me too!

XCOM - Been waiting forever to play this! SRPG is my favorite genre (well, 1a next to platformers).

Halfway - Love the eery, lonely sci-fi atmosphere of a crew surviving in a spaceship. Oh yeah, it's also an SRPG. :)

Banner Saga - Yep, another SRPG. I've been hearing some mixed reviews on it around here after I had already bought it. Still, probably would've gotten it anyway given how long I've been waiting to play this.

Mercenary Kings - Kinda bummed about the mixed reviews I've been reading about this the last couple pages here. Still looking forward to getting it started and seeing for myself.

Bionic Commando - Another game I should've played long ago. :p

FLY'N - Colorful platformer with neat unique character mechanics. I haven't even heard of this game until the Summer Sale when I saw it advertised one day. Looked interesting enough to take a flyer on it.

Yes, I have a sickness. But XCOM definitely has been a highlight for me. Never played any of the games in the series before.

Prototype and now DI are downright bizarre choices. Some of the most aggressively average games I can think of.

Anyone asking for a new generation of consoles got monkey paw'd pretty hard this gen. There's even some games on Steam doing it, to avoid previous metaratings.

Prototype 1 and 2 were decent and didn't get their props last gen. The only issue i have is the price. If it was a 2 pack for $30, I think that would be fair.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yay, me too!

Atleast I really enjoyed banner saga, it's not even close to as long as most of the other SRPGs you mentioned but the artstyle and animations is unique and looks amazing in motion.
I finished it after a few hours and am eagerly anticipating the follow-up, which I think is releasing this winter!

Also welcome to steamGaf and steam in general, hope you have a good time.

FauX

I Hate You All!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-66B07DC123CD1E1E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-D0BE766A7FF06569 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-14A775EA8104A1EF - Taken by Spirited
Kingdom Rush -- MB-EF029089921FECBA - Taken by yoshizzle
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-BA49F50A60D38D46 - Taken by Belgarion
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-1EF97D4E56BF91FC - Taken by Red Hood
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-ACA9740729C71723 - Taken by Kuroyume
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-6885AB409B03F52A - Taken by Sch1sm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom