• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Mercenary Kings seems pretty mechanically uninteresting to me. Like, it just feels like a chore to play on top of not having much to do but the same thing over and over again. More power to you if that's your thing though. I mean, I don't particularly hate games that are a grind or anything, but damn if that game isn't anything but straight up uninteresting to me. I think it's more boring than Torchlight 2. Hell, it even makes Borderlands 2 look like actual GOTY material.

dex3108

Press A to Confirm, Press ESC to Exit. Why Sega/Game Freak, why?

D9B63CD4CE1168C31F0CAF2C851416E954BB5453

Caerith

Not sure if it's been posted before, but there's some VN coming to Steam called Divine Slice of Life.

I only bring it up because you collectors may want to grab it as soon as it's available, before the developer is arrested for crimes against humanity for their choice of font.

ss_0f9e2188f3c110ede7ae20320f83b4b7ace5bec5.600x338.jpg

Caerith

there are things worse than that font, it's not that bad, while blushing totally has to be banned, like bloody hell is that? everybody blushes all the time, it makes no sense.

Also it comes only in November, hopefully devs will see the truth till then.

True, there are worse things than that font, but unless they replace all their text with chibi hitlers shaped into letters any change would be an improvement.

Blushing isn't that bad. It's at least something you see actual humans do, which puts it years ahead of certain other VNs where the closest the artists have seen to an actual human is a plastic doll under an overly-bright desk lamp.

Arthea

True, there are worse things than that font, but unless they replace all their text with chibi hitlers shaped into letters any change would be an improvement.

Blushing isn't that bad. It's at least something you see actual humans do, which puts it years ahead of certain other VNs where the closest the artists have seen to an actual human is a plastic doll under an overly-bright desk lamp.

Don't tempt me to prove how wrong you are on this. And it made me wonder is there actually a font with chibi hitlers, probably there is.

I can't remember when I've even see a human blushing, maybe when I was a kid.
Well, drawing humans is hard, anatomy is hard and so on.

edted: it asks for illustration, doesn't it?

derExperte

Stranded In Time keys got added to whatever bundle it was in on Groupees.

Yes, Stump and Zeliard were quite helpful.

And no, that's not why I stopped posting in here. I was basically told by a couple people in here that I was widely seen as a troll so didn't really feel very welcome in general.

Too bad. But who knows, I might've been one of them back then. :p

Why Wolfenstein doesn't support cloud?
First Rage, now this. Is so hard add cloud support?

Dark Souls 2 is the one that pisses me off most, lost my save for the vanilla version because I assumed it had cloud, SotFS still doesn't support it, that's one game where you really don't want to lose your save.

Arthea

Playism still putting games on Steam? Then there might still be a chance for Forget Me Not and Keroblaster.

they never stopped putting games on Steam: An Octave Higher for example is published by playism, Neo Aquarium too and some others I'm forgetting, I mean they constantly publish games on steam.

Leg-End

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-D97C04260DFB0C6C - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1437571657z1.png

Brighten up your Wednesday with a totally not terrible game. Honest.

Caerith

Don't tempt me to prove how wrong you are on this. And it made me wonder is there actually a font with chibi hitlers, probably there is.

I can't remember when I've even see a human blushing, maybe when I was a kid.
Well, drawing humans is hard, anatomy is hard and so on.

edted: it asks for illustration, doesn't it?

Chibi hitler font would look like something made out of a racy (racisty?) Mount Your Friends mod. It wouldn't be much less readable than script font with thick letters and heavy outlines. I only hope they don't discover the bevel tool between now and November.

Besides, anime girls blushing is like YA protagonists sighing. Real people only rarely do either, and art should try to reflect that, but in a world where breasts are being drawn like over-lit plastic:

ss_4ad5eddde95f38bd4f8c887f0808f44349e2418f.600x338.jpg

... or where people give Rob Liefeld money at all:

Rob+Liefeld+01.jpg

... "too much blushing" is not the hill to die on.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx

I'd be in. Can't do Friday though, but Sunday (maybe Saturday as well) works for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Endless Space -- MB-62DBC2988A5156CF - Taken by Spirited

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Endless Space -- MB-62DBC2988A5156CF - Taken by Spirited

No key for this one, just so you know.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
? - Ruruja

Reposted for the new page

Tektonic

so, there was an already used key in my last giveaway (sorry corrosivefrost), so
this giveaway is the result

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

double dragon trilogy -- MB-5980878291031BE1 - Taken by derExperte
double dragon neon -- MB-1846D66AA9BB49DF - Taken by billmcdougal
dusty revenge -- MB-83619DEB21C35BB1 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
will fight for food -- MB-657FFD8AE66290C8 - Taken by MaxiLive

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie

Haven't played this for a while but count me in

Dr Dogg

I take it neither The Witcher III or GTAV have had their 'issues' resolved respectively from the latest patches? Got updates paused on both where as I'm not to fussed about getting back to knocking out the chievos for GTA V due to finishing the story but really want to get back to The Witcher III but not to fond of having to play it offline and knowing there's some new changes in the latest patch I'd like to try out.

Lords of the Fallen devs new game is The Surge (a dystopian sci-fi role-playing action game), which somehow I remember being announced before... strange. There is no trailer still
http://www.deck13.de/new-title-teased-by-focus-and-deck13/

also Lords of the Fallen 2 is being made, I didn't know that, sorry if old, both releases in 2017.

Older than brown corduroy flared jeans. Well The Surge had a thread a couple of days ago and Lord of the Fallen 2 was mentioned a couple of months ago but hey times flies in the fast paced world of gaming news and no way do any gaming site have to publish shitty click baity articles to flush out their daily content!

Knurek

I take it neither The Witcher III or GTAV have had their 'issues' resolved respectively from the latest patches? Got updates paused on both where as I'm not to fussed about getting back to knocking out the chievos for GTA V due to finishing the story but really want to get back to The Witcher III but not to fond of having to play it offline and knowing there's some new changes in the latest patch I'd like to try out.

PC Gamer (IIRC) posted yesterday that GTA V patch issues have been fixed.
I think it's best to wait for The Witcher III EE before playing.

Arthea

just read that PC version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter also will get UE4 overhaul... sometime in the future.

All the stuff that PC gamers expect, meaning support for 4K, high frame-rates on high-end, definitely lots of GFX options to fine tune, along with GPU driver quirks

Older than brown corduroy flared jeans. Well The Surge had a thread a couple of days ago and Lord of the Fallen 2 was mentioned a couple of months ago but hey times flies in the fast paced world of gaming news and no way do any gaming site have to publish shitty click baity articles to flush out their daily content!

I wasn't entirely sure, as it's hard to remember announcements that show basically nothing of essence, at least I remember seeing The Surge mentioned before, I totally have missed LotF2, or forgot, not sure which is better

edited: are we 100% positive there will be The Witcher III EE?

Dr Dogg

PC Gamer (IIRC) posted yesterday that GTA V patch issues have been fixed.
I think it's best to wait for The Witcher III EE before playing.

Well the Steam community hub, despite full of all the charming and gosh darn it lovely people that post there, does have a few folks saying there's still some issue. Though I should know better than to take that as gospel but would like some quantifiable data on the issue before and after but alas that seem like too much work for anyone to be bothered to do (as flipping always it's easier to scream and shout than investigate).

I'm so close to finishing The Witcher III that I might just bite the bullet and knock it out and return if the Season Pass stuff turns out to be good.

Cheers for the update though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-C7E68AF15CAF2267 - Taken by texhnolyze. 7 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-E0447E1F014A8F7F - Taken by creamsugar. 3 entrants total.

t1437567757z1.png

Arthea

why is there poop there

that you knew not to believe his lies

edited: how one even get better at Chivalry if there is no singleplay or any training possibility, or is there? I honestly don't remember.

A warrior is born, a soldier is molded in battle. Die die die until you won't anymore. Kill em, slay em, chop em all. Makthem fear your battlecry so much that they already run when you inhale. Don't fear, just kill kill kill kill everthing that is to be killed. AGARTHAAAAAAAA

I must be not a warrior, it's so not my way, I train a lot and fight a little, life is precious and only one after all!

Chariot

that you knew not to believe his lies

edited: how one even get better at Chivalry if there is no singleplay or any training possibility, or is there? I honestly don't remember.
A warrior is born, a soldier is molded in battle. Die die die until you won't anymore. Kill em, slay em, chop em all. Makthem fear your battlecry so much that they already run when you inhale. Don't fear, just kill kill kill kill everthing that is to be killed. AGARTHAAAAAAAA

Arthea

How often happens in real life our theory about 3rd tier having at least ten times requirement than other tiers is true, it's still at 7%... that doesn't look good for our prospects of free ToS, not good at all.

edite: this post was about Tales of Zestiria, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom