• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play XCOM Ironman Classic and unlock the true ending.

It's a really well done cinematic, if you haven't seen it. (spoilahs)
Firaxis did a great job selling the atmosphere, story, and emotion, on their take on XCOM.
The maths:

Borderlands - terrible writing + nonexistent writing = Dead Island

I see no fault in this calculation.

Let's not forget DI's arbitrary and terrible game-design choices, though, like instantly respawning items when you re-enter rooms, and enforced 4-player cutscenes because buy three more copies, dummy.

Let's not forget DI's arbitrary and terrible game-design choices, though, like instantly respawning items when you re-enter rooms, and enforced 4-player cutscenes because buy three more copies, dummy.

It didnt help that trainers worked in the onlinemode. I remember me and a friend played together and let the game open for other people to join. Two frenchman joined, that had unlimited molotovcocktails and grenades and just threw them at us. Since you fall down (but dont lose any health), it takes like 7 seconds to get up again until the animation finished...
And then they threw another grenade...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I need some sample data - can you guys fill out a performance survey for Team Fortress 2?

Link

Thanks in advance!

Nete

Outland is fucking fantastic. I didn't even knew it existed until this Bundle, what a great surprise.

Also, using the update as an excuse I've started a Kotor 2 game with the idea of doing a Sith run, as I always tend to be a boy scout on these RPG.
On the first conversation I've already won Light Side points.
I'm a sucker.

Played it already? It's a weeklong deal but I'm not 100% sure (also it could be bundled fairly soon).

Is a good game. It lacks diversity in a lot of things (items, enemies for the most part of the game, objectives.. the characters could use more abilities too), but overall is pretty enjoyable. For what I know they threw in some extra things after I played it, tho.

At the current price is a good deal. And that music.

I opened a thread two or three years ago and asked whether its good to have that many indie-titles on Steam.

It gets worse and worse. Too many potentially great indie-titles and no time to play all of them :(

Khronico

Speaking of XCOM, the complete edition is ~$8 on gamesplanet right now. I may be wrong but this is the cheapest the complete edition has been outside of occasional nuuvem sales.

Barbarian

Wow. Humble Jumbo Bundle 4 is pretty amazing. Endless Space, Van Helsing 2, and Stanley Parable were all on my list, and even Fallen Enchantress seems worth it at the current BTA price ($4.45 USD as I write this). Very nice.

200.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-F68653CC85B46947 - Taken by Ventara. 8 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-4B926FA5EC6A49D9 - Taken by SalsaShark. 15 entrants total.

t1437548617z1.png

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-EB316EE3DE2D9790 - Taken by Mikurden
Outland - Special Edition -- MB-F4668BF0B59D7E27 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Knurek

I need some sample data - can you guys fill out a performance survey for Team Fortress 2?

Link

Thanks in advance!

If you're asking about performance, I don't think asking just about GPU manufacturer will cut it. There's quite a difference between GTX 520 and 980 TI, is there?

Maybe it would be best to add an 'advanced user' survey toggle, which adds GPU model, framerate achieved and existing framepacing issues.

Speak for yourself, sir.
I'm no Knurek, but I've finished 70 games this year so far.

Hey, hey, I'm only at 78 myself. :)

Paging Dr Parsnip - newest client update breaks BoxelVision's download page.

European version of Gamesplanet site has Doom 3: BFG for €2.49, all time low. WW Retail edition, so no censoring.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you're asking about performance, I don't think asking just about GPU manufacturer will cut it. There's quite a difference between GTX 520 and 980 TI, is there?

Maybe it would be best to add an 'advanced user' survey toggle, which adds GPU model, framerate achieved and existing framepacing issues.

I totally get that for most advanced users this isn't going to give them the total insight they're looking for when making a purchasing decision. I'm just putting together the most basic of information that's easily displayed to the average Steam customer to help give them a little more insight into how well a particular game works.

That said, I'm also well aware that this is simply a place to start and that if it gets used quite a bit and the fans cry out for additional functionality then it's always something that could be added later. I wanted to stay away from talking about things like specific graphics card models because drilling down to that level of detail means that someone (aka me) has to maintain a list of all available hardware so that the user can select it.

FoneBone

More Humble Bundle giveaways. (I just got it for Outland.)

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mercenary Kings -- MB-8278AF2FC0753AAF - Taken by Iron Badger. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-52B9FC5C2E21E3B1 - Taken by Volimar. 13 entrants total.

t1437553116z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of mercenary kings. it really is a game that's really different from what it would seem at first glance, what with the sluggish controls and the monster hunter crafting and materials gathering

i picked the girl cos she reminded me of revy from black lagoon and i actually kind of enjoyed what i played of the game. feels like you can play like ten minutes at a time and make some progress, which is about as much time as i got lol

Dsyndrome

Spares for whoever doesn't have them yet, enjoy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Stanley Parable -- MB-C8B4B09018442AC4 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 8 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-110D81863084D701 - Taken by Bayonetta. 9 entrants total.
Outland: Special Edition -- MB-5671E33D71214858 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 3 entrants total.

t1437557317z1.png

Seanspeed

Banned
Ah, so that's why Seanspeed doesn't post in here. And those huge-ass posts by Stump are great.
Yes, Stump and Zeliard were quite helpful.

And no, that's not why I stopped posting in here. I was basically told by a couple people in here that I was widely seen as a troll so didn't really feel very welcome in general.

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
? - Ruruja

If time is not good for you guys, let's discuss a better time.

Join the game to see funny NJ in action.
I'm getting wasted a few hours before the game with a coworker

If you want in please send me a PM because I might not check the thread and miss your request to join.

Arthea

welcome onboard MushroomSamba, bronkonagurski. You play games no less, that's a relief

sure way to dissuade me from playing games these days is to add "permadeth" to description, instead of me thinking it's legit good gameplay mechanics before, I am no more willing to tolerate it, when there is permadeth_everywhere.gif

Also anybody had problems with indiegala? I got weirdest message that I use proxy (which I don't) and suspicious activity! can you imagine me and suspicious activity? unless ironizing and chucking is now considered suspicious activity,

edited: that kidchivalry gif is great

Sch1sm

I'm working right through the Chivalry night. Great game, though. Hack and slash, button mash. Remember to kick your opponent for top tier disrespect.

dex3108

Holy shit even Demo for Tembo The Badass Elephant is broken as hell. I tried to change resolution in windowed mode game crashed, i tried to change resolution in full screen mode to my monitor resolution (1080p) i got Out of Range message.

Sch1sm

Holy shit even Demo for Tembo The Badass Elephant is broken as hell. I tried to change resolution in windowed mode game crashed, i tried to change resolution in full screen mode to my monitor resolution (1080p) i got Out of Range message.

The same thing happened to me when I first saw it mentioned in the thread, so I had to boot up my xbone to try it there. That fact alone has got me in no rush to purchase it.

Pc was a mistake. Its nothing but trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom