• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Microsoft's Windows ninja cat now rides a Tyrannosaurus rex in Skype

win10_skype_320x320.0.gif

KarmaCow

Just set this up and CPU usage is better at VLC with livestreamer. Both are running the same stream at source quality. There are spikes here and there at both but VLC had generally lower usage.
umPU0J3.png

I know, web browser does a lot more besides just working the stream but here a screen I took with all same in the browser, I just closed the stream.
69dquCl.png

Watching streams in a media player is truly a lot more flexible. Can resize window to my desire and put it all over the screen. Really useful.

But it's a super-huge hassle to type in cmd and whatnot. Would have been so much more better if there was a way for livestreamer to auto-start once I open a Twitch-stream.

Someone built a GUI for livestreamer if you don't want to deal with cmd prompts and what not.

Grief.exe

I wonder if we will ever see a Sunset Overdrive PC port, that game actually looked like it had some interesting and fast-paced gameplay.

It fit the criteria for Microsoft's previous temporary exclusives.

3rd party developer
IP not owned by Microsoft

It may have performed decently enough that Microsoft locked it up for a sequel.

I'm strongly considering not getting a console this generation, so the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

What does the new disc usage thing mean on steam downloads? Is there anything to make it faster also?

mkf2T2c.png

Disk usage, I would assume, has to do with how fast steam is writing to your disk. While downloading, this is probably gated by your connection speed, but I think the real numbers/function would be during unpacking once Steam finishes a download of a large game.

In theory, the only way to speed up your writing to disk operations would be to (1) get a faster hard drive or (2) get a faster cpu, where (2) would probably make less of an impact than (1).

What do you guys do with your coupons? Gift them or just ignore them?
Anyone interested in these?

Coupon Dumpster group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/coupondumpster

Jesus christ GOG, fix Galaxy constantly disconnecting will you?
Maybe put another ZX Spectrum in the server farm?
idk

I only ever see you complaining in here... so... maybe it's your PC or connection, eh? ;)

Oh, and this is totally not steam related, so try to keep it on topic.

Why is this not a screensaver option for win10? The animation is awesome.

Oh, and this isn't Steam related, so try to keep on topic next time?

I wonder if we will ever see a Sunset Overdrive PC port, that game actually looked like it had some interesting and fast-paced gameplay.

It fit the criteria for Microsoft's previous temporary exclusives.

3rd party developer
IP not owned by Microsoft

It may have performed decently enough that Microsoft locked it up for a sequel.

I'm strongly considering not getting a console this generation, so the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.
Insomniac isn't known for their PC prowess though. So the best we could probably hope for is that they hand off development of a possible PC port to a decent porting house given their lack of history with the platform.

AHA-Lambda

Argh, bugger this, I give up on Ironcast >_<
Shame, I like the gameplay but not the roguelike permadeath aspect at all.

Obviously, there are similarities in this to Puzzle Quest, can anyone recommend them or tell me anything about that series?

Dsyndrome

How messed up was Tembo PC that it's pulled immediately upon release and is still not back? I thought that it had a wrong executable linked to it or had some pretty easy fix like that.

Corpekata

Banned
How messed up was Tembo PC that it's pulled immediately upon release and is still not back? I thought that it had a wrong executable linked to it or had some pretty easy fix like that.

It's coming back when the store updates for today. The build has already been updated, I think they're just waiting for the new day to get it back to the New Releases list or something. They posted an announcement on the store page about it.

Parsnip

Paging Dr Parsnip - newest client update breaks BoxelVision's download page.

Thanks for the heads up.
Updated version here.

The version number in the startup images and such is still for the previous version because I currently don't have any of image tools installed. But the downloads page is good now as far as I can see.

Grief.exe

Anyone been following Black Desert online? How close is that MMO to a western release.

The character customizer grabs your attention, but the combat looks like the real draw.

Nah bro, i go to where the deals are. My friend got me elder scrolls cause he was just dying for someone to play with him since all our other friends just play destiny all day
Anyone been following Black Desert online? How close is that MMO to a western release.

The character customizer grabs your attention, but the combat looks like the real draw.
Oooh just looked it up on youtube, it does look pretty fun. If it does come over to the west i hope its not pay 2 win or too grindly like a lot of other mmos

derExperte

https://www.indiegala.com/hump

$1

Data Hacker: Initiation (STEAM)
Data Hacker: Corruption (STEAM)
Elements: Soul of Fire (STEAM)

$2.89

Mountain (STEAM)
An Imp? A Fiend! (STEAM)
Top Hat (STEAM)
500 Years Act 1 (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Crazy Plant Shop (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Reach for the Sun (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Night Shift (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
New kind of adventure (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Alter World (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/spellbound-bundle/

&#8364;2.73

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition
Vertical Drop Heroes HD
Anoxemia
Another Perspective
Steel Storm: Complete Edition

Dr Dogg

I wonder if I should post my ghetto fabulous PC 'desk' in the Show Off Your Gaming Setup thread?

There's really no reason not to.

I probably will do as I've got a backup of 1.02 and 1.05 if things get totally broken or bug out on me again. Must remember to back up my saves this time though.

I'm honestly a little surprised how CDPR has gone completely silent after the 1.07 patch. Reading reddit and the Steam/official forums gives the impression that the patch has introduced a whole host of issues and one would imagine they would say something about it other than vague tweets about how they're looking into things. I'm fairly close to the end myself but I know that there are a few pending quests that are broken so I've decided to hold off until they get fixed. Bit surprised that they haven't fixed achievements as it seems like it would be a fairly straightforward thing to handle broken achievement triggers and the related threads on forums gather the maximum number of posts.

Yeah communication hasn't been handled brilliantly. I'm fine with radio silence unless there's anything of note to be fair. I've got faith in CDPR to actually fix it but I think they bit off way, way, way more than they could chew with the scope of The Witcher III. It seems like every time they fix some bugs from a previous build they introduce a whole lot more new ones. But hey that's game development for you but I'd rather have smaller but more frequent updates than gargantuan patches with lots of fixes. I'm sure they'll get there eventually when it's a ok for 95-99% of people but it's by far and away the buggiest game I've played in a long time. Still a great game though, hence why I put in 70+ hours but it's taken the shine off a little I must say.

The new inventory and movement set is pretty nice, but the bugged quests are annoying.

I Qwent'ed for my Ciri card, but the quests status didn't change. Keeps telling me to talk to the guy I just beat.

Is there anywhere with a list of stuff that's a bit iffy?

Just set this up and CPU usage is better at VLC with livestreamer. Both are running the same stream at source quality. There are spikes here and there at both but VLC had generally lower usage.
umPU0J3.png

I know, web browser does a lot more besides just working the stream but here a screen I took with all same in the browser, I just closed the stream.
69dquCl.png

Watching streams in a media player is truly a lot more flexible. Can resize window to my desire and put it all over the screen. Really useful.

But it's a super-huge hassle to type in cmd and whatnot. Would have been so much more better if there was a way for livestreamer to auto-start once I open a Twitch-stream.

VLC? Why Veggie, why? :(

Somewhere Jawmuncher has fainted.

thank WinterDemons

did you get TESO?

we could start a SteamGaf play group

I'd be down for that... in 2 months time when I've finally redownloaded it again :/

Phawx

I have everything in the bstars. And I don't have three of the things in that humpday. Do I pay $1 per game I need? Mountain will get cheaper on sale by itself, but the others?

This is the game fellas.

I have everything in the bstars. And I don't have three of the things in that humpday. Do I pay $1 per game I need? Mountain will get cheaper on sale by itself, but the others?

This is the game fellas.
If you feel that $1 per game is too good to pass up, then go ahead. Otherwise, no.

ugoo18

Is it possible to buy the original Sleeping Dogs anywhere anymore?

All i keep finding is the terrible Definitive Edition, i'd love to get the original back again.

Is it possible to buy the original Sleeping Dogs anywhere anymore?

All i keep finding is the terrible Definitive Edition, i'd love to get the original back again.
As far as I'm aware, no. If it had a physical version, you can try your luck on eBay.
It's not about it being too good to pass up. It's about winning the game.
I see. In that case I'll do a bit more research and form a better opinion.

Sober

I wonder if I should post my ghetto fabulous PC 'desk' in the Show Off Your Gaming Setup thread?
That's ghetto as fuck, I remember doing that during home renovations, just throw a few things on top of some boxes and hook it all up for a few hours. Good times.

I probably will do as I've got a backup of 1.02 and 1.05 if things get totally broken or bug out on me again. Must remember to back up my saves this time though.

There are reports of issues with certain sidequests but I played through the final stretch of the main story yesterday and didn't have any issues. I don't think there's a reason to wait for a patch to play that specific part of the game.

This is the game fellas.

Aren't you missing five of the games from the Hump Bundle? Your choice if you want the games.

EDIT: Before I forget. Took it a while ago, but already had it since the title of the game was changed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Colortone -- MB-72BAA065EE2B34CC - Taken by Spirited

Arthea

Argh, bugger this, I give up on Ironcast >_<
Shame, I like the gameplay but not the roguelike permadeath aspect at all.

Obviously, there are similarities in this to Puzzle Quest, can anyone recommend them or tell me anything about that series?

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords is one of the best games ever, truly it is, I can't recommend any game more than this as it is indefinitely accessible, the story is pretty standard fantasy but gameplay is great, it's strategic it makes you plan way ahead, using skills also, it has trainable mounts!, castle building (pretty simple), sieges of sorts, and in general is just too great to describe.
Also play on hard, keeping in mind that playing on hard it is about 40-60 hours long, depends how you go about it, also you can extend that time by a lot just fighting random enemies or bosses or crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom