• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

And that was Among the Sleep, legit creepy, well told story but with 2.5hrs (including the later added prologue) also legit short and moving chairs to climb up on something got old after the second of twenty times. 6.5/10

Ruruja

Spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crazy Plant Shop -- MB-021D62619C788ACF - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 7 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-12E1EDE7581919CB - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1437584198z1.png

Phawx

James Silva's style feels rough. All of his games have that edgy-goth drawn-on-paper feel.

Hopefully S&S is better, he's had lots of time to improve.

Edit: I'm talking about animation and framing, not mechanics.

And that was Among the Sleep, legit creepy, well told story but with 2.5hrs (including the later added prologue) also legit short and moving chairs to climb up on something got old after the second of twenty times. 6.5/10

I like this review. Concise and noted tedium.

AHA-Lambda

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords is one of the best games ever, truly it is, I can't recommend any game more than this as it is indefinitely accessible, the story is pretty standard fantasy but gameplay is great, it's strategic it makes you plan way ahead, using skills also, it has trainable mounts!, castle building (pretty simple), sieges of sorts, and in general is just too great to describe.
Also play on hard, keeping in mind that playing on hard it is about 40-60 hours long, depends how you go about it, also you can extend that time by a lot just fighting random enemies or bosses or crafting.

Damn, that's a hell of an endorsement! :O

Any particular games in the series I should play first play or any to avoid? Just cos there's a fair few on Steam, I notice 2 of them have not got great reviews - Marvel and Galactrix.

Arthea

Anyone been following Black Desert online? How close is that MMO to a western release.

The character customizer grabs your attention, but the combat looks like the real draw.

I kinda follow mostly for that amazing character creation, but not closely enough, perhaps, because I haven't seen any news about Western release, aside from that there will be western release.

Arthea

Damn, that's a hell of an endorsement! :O

Any particular games in the series I need to play or avoid, just cos there's a few on Steam.

Challenge of the Warlords is first and the best, still unbeaten by any game of that type, any clone and not for the lack of trying.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix instead of being fantasy is sci-fi, but that's all what it has going, strategy and diversity are mostly gone, it feels more tedious than fun to play, and even if I played it a lot, I can't recommend it with all honestly, unless you really want that sci-fi setting, I wanted.

Puzzle Quest 2 is strange... it is much easier than other two games, but then you have some optional bosses that are way too hard for such an easy game, gameplay is nowhere near that good or diverse as CofW but it has several things going for it: it has more type of puzzles and game modes. I can recommend it only if you like CofW so much that you absolutely need something more. It isn't bad, just it isn't good either.

edited:
I never played Marvel one because I was assured it is pay to win.

Grief.exe

Probably end up getting it on the xbone because that's where my gears buddy games and because since the game will be a pack in with the xbone it's going to be cheap real fast. But good to know that it's still very much coming to pc

I converted all my close friends to PC gaming. To be fair it's actually not that difficult, hate paying for online? Don't like expensive games? Tired of low resolution?

It actually ended up being a massive swing, as I converted my close friends, then they converted their friends. All of a sudden you have 30-40 people in mumble.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I converted all my close friends to PC gaming. To be fair it's actually not that difficult, hate paying for online? Don't like expensive games? Tired of low resolution?

It actually ended up being a massive swing, as I converted my close friends, then they converted their friends. All of a sudden you have 30-40 people in mumble.

I had a friend who "converted" our whole group of friends, so we ended up going from everyone having different consoles and one guy having PC to like 10 people only having PC.

Dunno how he did it, think he just went around repeating the same things when we talked about conosles so when the new consoles came we switched to pc instead.

I only really have one friend that games on a regular basis and he's too reliant on rentals and the gamestop pawnshop system to make the swap. Everyone else casually plays games or doesn't play at all. My brother is currently on that PC + WiiU trip, though, so not all was lost.

I'm kinda looking forward to playing Gears of War (for the first time.... and on my PC)

If you've played any third person shooter in the last decade you've pretty much played Gears 1. They've all lifted their game designs and mechanics straight from Gears, it was a pretty influential game last gen alongside COD4. So just prepare yourself for a dated but well done experience and you shouldnt be disappointed.

wilflare

I only really have one friend that games on a regular basis and he's too reliant on rentals and the gamestop pawnshop system to make the swap. Everyone else casually plays games or doesn't play at all. My brother is currently on that PC + WiiU trip, though, so not all was lost.

If you've played any third person shooter in the last decade you've pretty much played Gears 1. They've all lifted their game designs and mechanics straight from Gears, it was a pretty influential game last gen alongside COD4. So just prepare yourself for a dated but well done experience and you shouldnt be disappointed.

hmm... I enjoyed Bulletstorm I guess
(and Uncharted :X)

can't remember what other TPS I played

I changed my password and pressed the "Deauthorise all other devices" button and my Steam account has been hit with the "You are logging into The Market from a device that has not been protected by Steam Guard for 7 days" bollocks.

Question: when your Steam installation is hit with a 7 day market restriction can the things you've already listed be sold?

Phinor

I played in the recent Xbox beta and I couldn't believe how damn boring the gameplay is. If it wasn't for that quick beta test run, I might have bought the damn game because I thought I was ready.

For context, the previous Gears game I spent time with is exactly the original game back when it was released on Xbox 360. Co-oped through that once and enjoyed the game a lot. Few days later I tried to start the campaign again and that was the exact moment I got bored with it. I tried GoW 2 few years later and had to quit like 10 minutes into the game. That was years ago so with the recent beta I thought maybe just maybe.. but no.

That being said I can see how people like Gears of War series. Can't wait to see how Microsoft handles Windows gaming this time around. One-off Gears of War game, few other games and then stop the support right there? That's my bet. Maybe few free-to-play attempts after that.

Arthea

I just wanted to remind that Crazy Plant Shop isn't exactly what it looks, oh it is a shop sim but also it's genetics the game, simple one, true, but I liked it, don't get rid of it in haste, try it. I kinda wish devs are so successful that they make larger or more complex genetics the game.

in other news
I have all games in all bundles but one yet again, maybe it's for the best that one game is not a game I'm willing to buy bundle for.

Sch1sm

The real question is, if we buy it digitally on Xbox One, will it be available in our Xbox app inventory on Windows 10.

You can play games you own on XBONE on Windows 10. You'll need to have the game installed on your Xbox.

There's one other downside (if you don't have an Xbox or Xbox for Windows controller):

you'll need to invest in a 360/One controller at first since they're still working on kb/m, support.

OK guys!!

lets talk TESO

i'm thinking of going for The Ebonheart Pact as my faction

I bought it, too. I'm going Aldmer, I think. I hear they're most hated, but my lovely Bosmer (wood elf) archer is calling my name once again.

Yeah, it's a very fun game.
Dialogue is some of the worst ever written by a human being though.

While I'd like to tell you that it's factually correct, this is technically an opinion, so I cannot do that.
I can however tell you that I no longer value your opinion, dick tits.
Waggleton P. Tallylicker is soooooo disappointed in you. And Ishi? I think he wants to kill your dick.

AHA-Lambda

Challenge of the Warlords is first and the best, still unbeaten by any game of that type, any clone and not for the lack of trying.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix instead of being fantasy is sci-fi, but that's all what it has going, strategy and diversity are mostly gone, it feels more tedious than fun to play, and even if I played it a lot, I can't recommend it with all honestly, unless you really want that sci-fi setting, I wanted.

Puzzle Quest 2 is strange... it is much easier than other two games, but then you have some optional bosses that are way too hard for such an easy game, gameplay is nowhere near that good or diverse as CofW but it has several things going for it: it has more type of puzzles and game modes. I can recommend it only if you like CofW so much that you absolutely need something more. It isn't bad, just it isn't good either.

edited:
I never played Marvel one because I was assured it is pay to win.

Cool thanks for all of the info :)

I played in the recent Xbox beta and I couldn't believe how damn boring the gameplay is. If it wasn't for that quick beta test run, I might have bought the damn game because I thought I was ready.

For context, the previous Gears game I spent time with is exactly the original game back when it was released on Xbox 360. Co-oped through that once and enjoyed the game a lot. Few days later I tried to start the campaign again and that was the exact moment I got bored with it. I tried GoW 2 few years later and had to quit like 10 minutes into the game. That was years ago so with the recent beta I thought maybe just maybe.. but no.

That being said I can see how people like Gears of War series. Can't wait to see how Microsoft handles Windows gaming this time around. One-off Gears of War game, few other games and then stop the support right there? That's my bet. Maybe few free-to-play attempts after that.

Gears 3 is peak gears. Plenty of weapons, good campaign, and great maps with some of them having events play out as the match progresses.

It's a shame that we're just getting Gears 1 again and that MS didnt go all in with a MCC-style remastering for the whole series but given the shitshow that was MCC for those first few months you can understand their hesitance.

Sch1sm

Gears 3 is peak gears. Plenty of weapons, good campaign, and great maps with some of them having events play out as the match progresses.

It's a shame that we're just getting Gears 1 again and that MS didnt go all in with a MCC-style remastering for the whole series but given the shitshow that was MCC for those first few months you can understand their hesitance.

My only qualm with Gears 3 is that I personally believe it should have ended after the second game. You know,
since they flushed out the hive and saved Jacinto.
It just made sense.

Phinor

That's the worst thing. They had a trilogy of games they could have remastered but decided to go with one game only. It's not like Gears games need heavy remastering either (although they seem to be doing more than I expected them to do with this remaster).

But the math is simple: 3x $40 = $120. 1x Nathan Drake collection = $60. In other news, I'm buying the Nathan Drake collection day 1.

A lot of people think it falls into the so bad it's good category but I thought it was just plain bad.
The game is great where it matters though.

Edit: your ninja edit wasn't ninja enough ;)

At least we're on topic now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H11N7medIU4

OK guys!!

lets talk TESO

i'm thinking of going for The Ebonheart Pact as my faction

Let's not.

I happen to know you bought TESO from GMG, where it isn't a Steam key, as did most others you want to talk to about it.

That's totally off-topic. Take it to the OT for TESO.
Let's clean this thread up, one post at a time, guys.

Sch1sm

after reading a Dance in Fire, i just couldn't jive with the bosmer. creepy sons of bitches

It's the archery skills. I'm only there for the archery skills. Going to install the game tomorrow, I think. I'll sound the horn (that is, I'll come here and let you know what my ultimate edition is). Why are you looking at Ebonheart specifically? I love their slogan of sorts, and their crest. It's the only other one I'd consider, even if it goes against my race wishes in favour of the dark elves despite my dislike for magic in the ES games.

E: Huh. I didn't know, frost.

iosefe

At least we're on topic now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H11N7medIU4

Let's not.

I happen to know you bought TESO from GMG, where it isn't a Steam key, as did most others you want to talk to about it.

That's totally off-topic. Take it to the OT for TESO.
Let's clean this thread up, one post at a time, guys.

but it IS available through steam

>_>

the PC OT is dead
I thought it was F2P? I havent been following it in a while though.

Buy to play

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-1AE02BCB8AD52FC8 - Taken by rainking187

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom