• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

So once i finish Flower today after work im going to check out Stanley Parable. I see that HLTB says you can finish it in about an hour but is that just for the "true" ending? Does such a game even have a true ending? Does the game check off endings as you get them, so that you know what've youve seen and what's left?

I just figure that I'd rather knock the game out in a sitting but I don't know how well the game informs the player of how much of its content you have seen.

This game has a bazillion diffrent "endings", the entire game is about finding them. It doesnt check them off, you'll have to remember what you've already seen and wzat not. But thats fairly easy. Tho, some endings definetely require help from the interwebz, because they're so well hidden.

Jawmuncher

This game has a bazillion diffrent "endings", the entire game is about finding them. It doesnt check them off, you'll have to remember what you've already seen and wzat not. But thats fairly easy. Tho, some endings definetely require help from the interwebz, because they're so well hidden.

Sounds to me like I will get one ending and call it a day. Whatever I get ill just consider canon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That LiS ep 4 trailer. It's going to be a long wait til Tuesday.

derExperte

Sounds to me like I will get one ending and call it a day. Whatever I get ill just consider canon.

That would be almost like running through Gone Home without reading anything. Don't do that, at least do a few playthroughs where you choose different at the obvious forks.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'll probably wait til all the eps are out to play Life is Strange. I want to play everything at once. KR 0 is enough episodic blue balls I can handle

So once i finish Flower today after work im going to check out Stanley Parable. I see that HLTB says you can finish it in about an hour but is that just for the "true" ending? Does such a game even have a true ending? Does the game check off endings as you get them, so that you know what've youve seen and what's left?

I just figure that I'd rather knock the game out in a sitting but I don't know how well the game informs the player of how much of its content you have seen.

After a handful of endings, you'll probably have your fill of the game. My playtime was about 2 hours when I decided to call it quits. Of course there's more to endings to see, but you probably won't be playing that long

It takes about 5-7 hours to find almost all of the content, from timings I've seen through other players. It depends on how quickly you're able to figure out how to properly "break" the game to see some of the hidden locations. There is, as far as I know, no canon or true ending. It also does not have a checklist of endings to get. You're left to your own devices, with the exception of looking at the achievement list and figuring out how you can earn them.

Yeah, that seems about what I expected
After a handful of endings, you'll probably have your fill of the game. My playtime was about 2 hours when I decided to call it quits. Of course there's more to endings to see, but you probably won't be playing that long
I have a feeling this will be how things go for me as well.

Thanks for the replies!

Not Steam.
kgfV66r.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

That would be robbing yourself of a ton of content, I wouldn't recommend anyone play the game if that's all you intend to do. You can come across an ending in less than two minutes from the game's start, does that mean the game is actually over? Some of the game's best wit is tucked away in endings that require you to have seen at least a few of the others in order to know where some paths diverge.

It's not a game you should be concerning yourself with "did I get all the endings?" until you've spent a few hours in it and feel like you've already exhausted every branching path and possible outlet for the game to hide more jokes and content.

zkylon

zkylewd
How's Mercenary Kings? I heard it's poor man's Metal Slug that you might as well just get MS X and 3 in steam.

felt really monster hunter-y but not 100% sold on it yet

definitely not the most fun to play, it's pretty sluggish and grindy, but the art is gorgeous and i dunno, for a dollar, might be worth a shot

Nabs

I might pick up Borderless Gaming some day to throw a few bucks his way. It's one of the more important tools I use.

Dr Dogg

Did anyone say that Rocket League is great fun and you should totally check it out?

Rocket League is great fun and you should totally check it out!

derExperte

Played Battleblock with some random and it was instantly more fun.

Did anyone say that Rocket League is great fun and you should totally check it out?

Rocket League is great fun and you should totally check it out!

Poor Dogg, he'll never grow up to be a Dr. :( And yeah, good edit.

MUnited83

For you.
uh, um, ok. Anyone who would care for such a thing would do a search on google for free options. but i suppose there's a sucker born every minute
That program is free outside of Steam. In fact, it's the best borderless tool there is in the internet, imo. I will happily throw him a few bucks for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom