• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

That's sooner than I expected. And there goes any Xbox One purchase for the foreseeable future.

I am stupid, but what is borderless gaming? And why is it good?

It allows games that run in a window to be ran full screen and borderless (if they don't already support it by the way). Personally Simple Runtime Window Editor is my application of choice as it allows for some crazy resolutions if the game handles them.

MUnited83

For you.
I am stupid, but what is borderless gaming? And why is it good?
Means you can play it on a full screeen without borders but still have it like a windowed version. So you wouldn't have issues switching before several programs and still use your computer for other things at the same time. Alt-tabbing out of a fullscreen game can be very buggy and slow, and in some cases it would outright crash the game.

madjoki

Huh, no Windows 7 support?

Maybe it means Windows 10 as in Windows Store?

SQUARE ENIX ANNNOUNCES RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER DESTINED FOR WINDOWS 10 AND STEAM IN EARLY 2016 AND PLAYSTATION 4 IN HOLIDAY 2016
Next Chapter in Critically Acclaimed and Award-Winning Series Coming to New Platforms in 2016

REDWOOD CITY, CA (JULY 23, 2015) – Square Enix today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider® series, Rise of the Tomb Raider ®, will be available for Windows 10 and Steam in early 2016. The game will be a console exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 for one year after its initial launch, coming to PlayStation® 4 (PS4) in Holiday 2016. Renowned developer Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, is leading development in the latest entry in the iconic series for additional platforms.

Tizoc

I have to say, this generation is truly great.
Sony and MS bascially sabotage each other by moneyhatting games to not show up on the other consoles, but as a pc player you still get them all or at least sooner even though the pc doesnt have an actual lobby like the consoles do.

I shake my head at how GAFfers are A-OK with First on PS4 then months/a year later on X1/PC, but not First on X1.

Caerith

I have to say, this generation is truly great.
Sony and MS bascially sabotage each other by moneyhatting games to not show up on the other consoles, but as a pc player you still get them all or at least sooner even though the pc doesnt have an actual lobby like the consoles do.

But at the same time, you have major publishers (actively or unintentionally) trying to sabotage PC as a platform by releasing broken ports.

Hektor

I shake my head at how GAFfers are A-OK with First on PS4 then months/a year later on X1/PC, but not First on X1.

DSC08055-337x450.jpg

But at the same time, you have major publishers (actively or unintentionally) trying to sabotage PC as a platform by releasing broken ports.

Isnt it only 1 (WB)? Some publishers ports like ubisofts could definetely be better, but i wouldnt call them broken.

derExperte

Who wants to play a game that's a year old anyway? Disgusting old filth, if it ain't the newest AAAA shit on day -1 I ain't buying.

What's been first on PS4 with a delay in porting to PC?

And part of that is fundamentally different with the "hey, this was multiplatform and now it's X1 only" vs "this is PS4 only... but on second thought, maybe we will go multiplatform."

MUnited83

For you.
Well, Sony usually outrights says its "first on PS4". Meanwhile Microsoft tip-toes around it and always make it seem like a complete exclusive and reply with half-answers about it. At least in Sony case you know from the get go that it will be available on other platforms regardless.

I can't also remember any first on PS4 games that had significant delays for the PC versions. Maybe for Pub Fund indie games, but I think it makes a lot of sense and its fair in those cases.

If those who have the selected NVidia GPUs can get the MGSV Steam codes now, why can't the others pre-order the game yet on steam? Those with the NVidia steam codes, can they add the game to their libraries now since they have the codes ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No ESO :'(

It's supposed to be in there. Whoever made the bundle added the activation key DLC but not the base app, plus last year's bundle included it.

If those who have the selected NVidia GPUs can get the MGSV Steam codes now, why can't the others pre-order the game yet on steam? Those with the NVidia steam codes, can they add the game to their libraries now since they have the codes ?

Yes.

MUnited83

For you.
Preorder will go live on Steam soon.

Caerith

Isnt it only 1 (WB)? Some publishers ports like ubisofts could definetely be better, but i wouldnt call them broken.

True, Ubi's are still playable, but their PC strategy being basically "who cares" + uPlay shows that they'd prefer PC gaming to be dead.

Parsnip

so , Rise of tomb raider is exclusive to windows 10 ?
or there is a version you can download it from windows 10 store ?

Presser says Win10 AND Steam, so maybe it's just that it's on the Win10 store.
Or it could be DX12 only and thus Windows 10 only.

My guess is that it's DX12 and thus Windows 10 OS exclusive, sold on both Steam and Win10 store.

Turfster

Daily Mini Metro 15% off
Weekend Talos Principle 66% off
Quakecon Weekend Daily Elder Scrolls Franchise up to 66% off, same on the Humble store

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So of course with another release of Enhanced Steam (being Chrome only) I get another round of fresh salt from Firefox users. For a brief moment yesterday I thought to myself, "Maybe I should work some of these new features into a Firefox release and jump through Mozilla's hoops again - stuff like the performance surveys would obviously work best the more people that have access to take them."

But between this kind of stuff and the emails and blog comments I've received in the last 12 hours, at this point I wish I had never built a Firefox version of Enhanced Steam at all.

While I don't expect everyone to agree with the decisions I make, I at least expect them to be courteous and respectful in the Steam group I created for Enhanced Steam's support needs.

Oh well, as I've said all along I'm not going to let stuff like this bring me down nor deter me from continuing onward with development for Chrome.

Turfster

That quakecon bundle really makes me wish Valve would get with the fucking times already and do discounts for everything you already own, like GOG.

Backlogger

These Quakecon sales aren't very good.

Quake Collection:
Current Lowest Price: $20.09 at Steam
Historical Lowest Price: $7.49 at Steam on Thu Aug 01 2013

Really?

Edit: Oh, it looks like they are doing daily deals, so hopefully the other packages receive more of a discount later

Edit2: Beaten

Edit3: And there is no reason why Brink Complete Pack shouldn't be $2.50. Do people even still play that?

SteamGAF what do you think will Dishonored DLCs go to 50%?

laugh_crying_kristen_bell.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom