• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamGAF what do you think will Dishonored DLCs go to 50%?

Given Bethesda's track record, it will stay 25% off while the "Definitive Edition" bundle will be 50%-66% off, making it cheaper to rebuy the game than to purchase the DLC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Brink for $13.

*eyebrow raise* Beth, that's not how you do sales.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Brink for $13.

*eyebrow raise* Beth, that's not how you do sales.

Yeah and TESO for $40 (even though it's supposedly part of the "daily deal") is especially a crock of shit since it was $12 on GMG not even a few hours ago.

I paid full price on Steam and don't regret it though

Lomax

So of course with another release of Enhanced Steam (being Chrome only) I get another round of fresh salt from Firefox users. For a brief moment yesterday I thought to myself, "Maybe I should work some of these new features into a Firefox release and jump through Mozilla's hoops again - stuff like the performance surveys would obviously work best the more people that have access to take them."

But between this kind of stuff and the emails and blog comments I've received in the last 12 hours, at this point I wish I had never built a Firefox version of Enhanced Steam at all.

While I don't expect everyone to agree with the decisions I make, I at least expect them to be courteous and respectful in the Steam group I created for Enhanced Steam's support needs.

Oh well, as I've said all along I'm not going to let stuff like this bring me down nor deter me from continuing onward with development for Chrome.

I still have it installed on Firefox and it does everything there I want it to, so you have at least one happy Firefox user left :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, I guess I was lucky enough to grab TESO in GMG.

I mean, it's not even a steam integrated game, you might as well buy it elsewhere for cheap.

for anyone that plays Screencheat...here's a skin

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Screencheat Alienware Ragdoll Skin -- MB-3BB6962D66AEDC46

Tizoc

That griffonknight game looks dope.

Well, Sony usually outrights says its "first on PS4". Meanwhile Microsoft tip-toes around it and always make it seem like a complete exclusive and reply with half-answers about it. At least in Sony case you know from the get go that it will be available on other platforms regardless.

I think even if MS didn't tip toe, GAF would've had an issue with it at the time :p

Take it for the +1 if nothing else

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Last Baron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 (NOT Redux) -- MB-14D874D6E1674C00 - Taken by crazyrabbits

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I hope the Quake games are a daily this time around, they weren't last year and they did not have a decent sale in like forever...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have a problem with Steam. Today I did a format, now everytime I log into Steam, it asks me the code they send you via mail, even if when I log in I choose to deactivate all other devices except this one. When I close Steam and restart it, no matter what, it asks me the code again.

Did you tell it to not ask for codes again on this PC?

Oh well, as I've said all along I'm not going to let stuff like this bring me down nor deter me from continuing onward with development for Chrome.

Good.

(1) Doesn't Steam let admins block/ban users from the group. I say you "fire" him before he can "quit" the group.
(2) If you want to be a vindictive asshole (I know you're not, but... if I were in your shoes...) I would turn around and say exactly what you just said here... but a little more directly to your ES group: Hey guys, I was thinking about doing a rare update for the FF plugin to get some things working and jumping through all the hoops, but this guy <steam name> has made me reconsider and decide against doing all that work. So everybody who wanted an updated FF plugin should thank <steam name> because it's not going to happen now.
(3) Keep doing what makes you happy.
(4) Ignore the salt. Ban people who just bring vitriol and hate to the group and sidetrack it with their port begging. Or if you don't have the heart/stomach for it, make me an admin of the ES group and I'll rule with an iron fist (so long as you approve).

I think even if MS didn't tip toe, GAF would've had an issue with it at the time :p

Speculative/conjecture is fun, isn't it?

Even so, if MS came out and said first on xbox instead of "xbox exclusive" trying to trick people, there's still the issue of the game being in development, having been teased and shown off and no clear platforms outlined at announce, which leads to the general consumer's assumption that "oh, this will be on PS4/PC/Xbox One just like TR2013 was PS3/PS4/x360/x1/PC. And then, late in development, suddenly "oh, btw, we're exclusive on xbox" now? Yeah, the TR situation is one where it's just shady stuff from MS all around and GAF reacted accordingly.

Lies. I'm playing Shadow Warrior.

:p

Yup.
I'm playing Blood of the Werewolf for single player on Steam this week.
I'm still playing FORCED co-op with Ningen when he's up for it.
And I'm still playing Bloodborne and streaming on twitch when I do (if you want to check out the game, go check out my channel; odds are, if I go live, it's going to be for Bloodborne).

Morning guys

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
? - Ruruja

Sign me up! I just need to add you guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Aubin

Sober

That's weird, back to daily specials after the last few publisher midweeks/weekends were straight up highest discounts the whole way through.

So of course with another release of Enhanced Steam (being Chrome only) I get another round of fresh salt from Firefox users. For a brief moment yesterday I thought to myself, "Maybe I should work some of these new features into a Firefox release and jump through Mozilla's hoops again - stuff like the performance surveys would obviously work best the more people that have access to take them."

But between this kind of stuff and the emails and blog comments I've received in the last 12 hours, at this point I wish I had never built a Firefox version of Enhanced Steam at all.

While I don't expect everyone to agree with the decisions I make, I at least expect them to be courteous and respectful in the Steam group I created for Enhanced Steam's support needs.

Yikes, that's not very nice. Does that mean that you're scuttling the "surprise" for Firefox users you mentioned a little while ago?

Arthea

Battle for Blood will be the end of me, I don't think I used to let any other game to demand of me 10+ tries for boss levels, yeah I know, I can buy money and level easy way, but I'm not going to do it! I would have paid for a game but not for f2p game, principles and what we do for those. And the game isn't even that good... why

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
10 - Frecklestein
? - Ruruja

Reposted for the new page
I'm going to sleep soon, so if you wanna join send me PM and I'll add you to the list when I wake up
unless you are a redhead then you need come tell me at bed

Arthea

Does Chivalry have cross-paly with War of the Roses?

...No?

Well, at least it seemed more interesting leading up to release.

ha! glad I'm not the only one, I used always to confuse the two. Apparently Chivalry is better than War of the Roses, but remembering my death toll in WotR, I'm not sure I should play Chivalry at all.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I love some of the event sidemissions in Sleeping Dogs. Those with the fat guy (Calvin?) are hilarious.
"Why do you need a ride, are you going to shoot someone again?" "No man!"... then blows up the police building lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Interesting looking horror games on Steam Greenlight (I look every once in a while there so maybe I should start posting interesting looking games I see from there).

There were some really interesting looking games last month, but most of them have already been greenlit. Here's a few horror games that went through the cracks I think would be fun to have on Steam, I'll go from oldest to newest.

Sacred Line Genesis: This game is a visual novel with a very interesting back-story and good execution. Sacred Line was originally one of those first-person indie horror games, the game itself wasn't bad (a bit glitchy), but it had a good story and a good atmosphere. Responding to the common critique that the game element of it was glitchy but the story was good, the developers decided to try something different... They turned their game into a visual novel. Not just a visual novel, they ported the game to the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, you can legitmately buy a cartridge of the game for the Genesis. They took images of a variety of parts of their game and 'low-resed' them to work on a Genesis, and redid the game's music to work with the Genesis' sound processor. The result is actually a pretty good horror visual novel, there's a bit of novelty to it, but it's pretty good in it's own right, and I think it'd be fun to have on Steam.

Screens:

---

IH8: A pixelated horror game from the land of mother Russia. It looks like a neat little game, I like the music they've made for it and the screen effects, it reminds kind of like an interesting mixture of an older horror game, with things like limited inventory, exploring and some of the ways rooms are just designed, but mixed with some 'new-age' horror tendencies. I think the end of the trailer is a bit head-tilting, but I like most of it and I'd buy it and play it. See if others feel the same.

Screens:

---

Nyctophilia: Another Russian pixel horror game, and another one that looks promising. This game is apparently done, just being translated into English and trying to get on Steam. The original soundtrack is ace, you can listen to all of it here, and is what initially attracted me. But some of the imagery I also find interesting, and I guess I'm curious to find out more. Looks to be narrative driven mostly. Some repeating imagery, like the happy masks, the patio looking out at a field, a changing room with a bed, I find to be attractive in a horror sense.

Screens:

---

I'll post more of these sort of things if you guys are interested. I only check Greenlight for horror games about once or twice a month, but I know most don't and I do find things that look interesting. These three are some leftovers I think deserve a bit more attention.

jshackles

Good.

(1) Doesn't Steam let admins block/ban users from the group. I say you "fire" him before he can "quit" the group.

Already done soon after I posted that. The ban message I sent him was "Why are you still subscribed to this group? Oh wait, you're not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom