• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys look down on it, but I'll brag anyway, kindly lemme
finished my 52 games
here is my list

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145233463&postcount=217

freedom at last! WotS4 here I come! And all and any 100-1000 hour game I was ignoring this year.

edited: and I'm at 50 perfect games and 42% average game completion by steam count, it seems I'll never get to 50% if even finishing so many games didn't get me closer to it.

I wish I had the focus to finish the games I start :/

Knurek

Arthea

Thanks guys

Congrats, man, I never for a second doubted you.
Let's all strive for 104 games challenge. :)
Thanks for believing in me *I'd blush, I just need to learn it, everybody seems to know how to do it, meaning I can too*

That could prove too much for me, but maybe I'll try, who knows, I never thought I'll stick with 52 so adamantly and with self restrain! Your finished game count (last year) was very inspiring, you know, so thanks again.

liezryou

You won't know a thing that's going on.

Yeah i kinda felt like that in ground zeroes, wikipedia FTW.

Liez bro...play the other MGS games first...Unless you want to play for the gameplay only.

You haven't even played Ground Zeroes. -_-

No, i already beat Ground Zeroes. Loved it! Although i did have to google/ask friends regarding alot of the story related stuff.

How does this activate? I mean, there are pre-order bonus attached?

I didn't get anything extra so far, just got the game in my library.

Congrats, man, I never for a second doubted you.
Let's all strive for 104 games challenge. :)

Whoever at Bioware thought non-scaling fonts were a good idea in Mass Effect 3, should be fired.
They are almost unreadable at 1080p, I can't fathom how tiny they must look at 4k

Not sure if PS3 was 720p or 1080p, but I don't recall having font issues... then again, 42" TV and all.

As for the 104? I don't know about that... but I see an slim possibility of hitting 100 and I'd like to do that for once... make me feel good about putting a real dent in the backlog. :3

dot

why would you do this

MGS1 and 2 (and i guess 3) are like really good games.

Watching youtube videos/reading wikis of the series is a disservice to it. :( I can at least understand 4 since there are tons of cutscenes but that game isn't too bad either.

Dr Dogg

Salsa is actually pretty decent at the game. Played a few rounds with him, Dogg and me in a team together. He was good at defending and generally football. Dogg was getting quite a few goals in. Meanwhile I was thrilled if I even managed to hit the ball in the right direction. We did well until we ran into really tough opponents (the bots).

I really do think we could get together 6 or 8 folks from this thread and have a good bit of fun in private games. Latency doesn't really matter a whole lot in a game this imprecise by design.

If only someone diligent could set up a game night like the Chivalry folks are doing. Weekend coming up too so it would be the perfect time.

I don't know dude you scored a couple of blinders. There were a couple of Barcelona-esque goals in there with some decent movement and passing before putting it away. Granted that was before the A-Team turned up, the god-like AI. First 2 games went down a treat.
1FB49EAF8922E40A2677A3335B27EBE79FB0403C
73091BEADD7D1115F810E00391F0824E08AD0CF6

But then as soon as those guys mostly quite and the bots filled in the places it went to shit fast.
They're like Untreal Tournement level of intellegence. Can't defend for shit mind but score some peach's the likes I'd be proud of.

So then thoughts anyone?
at4AKCp.png

Well it's not really a cup but just a kick about to start and see how we go from there.

Arthea

Not sure if PS3 was 720p or 1080p, but I don't recall having font issues... then again, 42" TV and all.

As for the 104? I don't know about that... but I see an slim possibility of hitting 100 and I'd like to do that for once... make me feel good about putting a real dent in the backlog. :3

I hate to be your party pooper, but somebody has to! 100 games don't make even a tiny dent in your backlog, or in mine for that matter.
Still it is a nice number.

Good ones, duh.

lies, all lies
well, not all but it sounds good

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You could always do Let's Code videos.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Sounds... boring?

Make "Let's Code"s and put them on Youtube =P
Just you streaming your screen + PIP webcam view of yourself in the corner typing code.

Write some code.
Code not working.
Change the code.
Code not working.
Swear.
Change the code.
Code not working.
Go grab a beer.
Drink a bit.
Find the error.
Swear.
Change the code.
Code not working.
Swear.
Drink a bit.
Drink a bit.
Change the code.

LOL yeah that's probably about how it would go. IDK, it's always been one of those things that, for me at least, I'd probably get too nervous actually doing it.

Knurek

This might be an issue with the PC version only - where Mass Effect 1/2 scaled the font with resolution increase, Mass Effect 3 does not.
The subtitle font stays at, say 10 pixels. No matter if you're playing in 320x200 or 3840x2160. :(

Arthea

This might be an issue with the PC version only - where Mass Effect 1/2 scaled the font with resolution increase, Mass Effect 3 does not.
The subtitle font stays at, say 10 pixels. No matter if you're playing in 320x200 or 3840x2160. :(

I'm kinda glad I've played ME3 on PS3, if it can be said that one can be glad at all that he or she played ME3... I'm not entirely sure.

I've been running idlemaster for hours (first time using it) and haven't got a single card. Is that normal?

you should embrace idle-to-ready before idlemaster, that's only way now and again thanks jshackles for making both.

inm8num2

I've been running idlemaster for hours (first time using it) and haven't got a single card. Is that normal?

Every game now begins to drop cards after 2 hours due to a change related to the Steam refund system. Some games will have a fast drop rate after those 2 hours, others might take a couple hours more.

If you have multiple games to idle, you can save time by using idle-to-ready. It will idle games with drops simultaneously until they all have 2 hours registered (readying them for card drops), then you can use the Idle Master app after that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 45 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Haunted Past Realm of Ghosts -- MB-932CBD64EA470731 - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
Pixel Star -- MB-00F5AC877FE6B916 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Fake Colours -- MB-959DA415ED544877 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Z Steel Soldiers -- MB-ADE3BEC8C339AD69 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 7 entrants total.
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-EFC0E6E526B1F95A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Incoming Forces -- MB-512E5CA3B6C320CB - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Not without my donuts -- MB-DC8C6CB0F54BFA74 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-C6F2C84766C2C255 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
TRIP Steam Edition -- MB-BAEECBD21CC9150D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Ampu-Tea -- MB-706BD02C638674EE - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
yargis -- MB-C2503FA6D540378E - Taken by Loptous. 6 entrants total.
Escape The Lost Kingdom The Forgotten Pharaoh -- MB-7CFC8EA162640F01 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-4C2F725B87DA5023 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 8 entrants total.
Crystal Catacombs -- MB-8D26E16679698B55 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-3E16DD30B3F740D8 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-1B54D96A865BABEB - Taken by Hektor
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-7817F4EFD5EC8755 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
8-Bit Adventures The Forgotten Journey -- MB-486E101C1E56579E - Taken by MaxiLive. 5 entrants total.
Princess Isabella -- MB-7CB9E9CF44E55792 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A59618E4C819982F - Taken by Tenrius
You Are Not A Banana -- MB-9F6B22D3F6961E0F - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
The Music Machine -- MB-B819D069B1B82121 - Taken by Spirited. 10 entrants total. - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Vangers -- MB-0B3BA9CE3F930F1C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Royal Defense -- MB-C6AD539CD26F9F9D - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Clash of Puppets -- MB-AE3EF9733D2A3F08 - Taken by Kifimbo. 11 entrants total.
Wimp Who Stole My Pants -- MB-275D7AE7A379B6C3 - Taken by Couchaddict. 6 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-2437C6F306B88B5F - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-8FF2CA15F45CF18A - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira -- MB-970D130D48E3D33E - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon My First Trip to Japan -- MB-6D56B84512148523 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Unium -- MB-2A5C22BA41E1227A - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-DD86D1F30C95595C - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife Veteran Edition -- MB-60ACB1264F456089 - Taken by Kuroyume. 6 entrants total.
Frankenstein Master of Death -- MB-855118AD518324F6 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 4 entrants total.

Melissa K and the Heart of Gold Collectors Edition -- MB-3A26F0DEF7A944A9 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
BasketBelle -- MB-BAE85A9F6C013330 - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.
Undead Shadows -- MB-98CC49B6B636AB84 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Journey Of The Light -- MB-6146E8C26F3757BF - Taken by Stronghammer22. 3 entrants total.
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-A2EFFFE7F5D16A35 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Aero's Quest -- MB-7213E390C28BF653 - Taken by Mikurden. 6 entrants total.
TIKI MAN -- MB-CCF2079EE611EFBE - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Chime -- MB-5EA8F2670A62E100 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-4236E8F3B81E8B3C - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.

t1437688303z1.png

liezryou

No I mean in your account history how the game is called? I'm figuring out if Konami put on preorder D1 boni.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Retail .

why would you do this

MGS1 and 2 (and i guess 3) are like really good games.

Watching youtube videos/reading wikis of the series is a disservice to it. :( I can at least understand 4 since there are tons of cutscenes but that game isn't too bad either.

Wikipedia surely won't help you with a fullfledged MGS mainline titel.

Ok ok i will play them (where can i even play them now?). Do i have to start with 1?

No, i already beat Ground Zeroes. Loved it! Although i did have to google/ask friends regarding alot of the story related stuff.

If you're informed then I won't say much else. Hope you enjoy it then.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Retail .

Ok ok i will play them (where can i even play them now?). Do i have to start with 1?
Yes, play it all in order.

dot

I say play the series as it was released. So 1>2>3>4>whatever is after that

If you have a ps3 you can get the HD collection that includes 2 and 3.

I think MGS1 is on psn.

Grief.exe

The Legacy Collection on PS3 is probably your best bet.

I would just look up a general overview, then go from there. Playing through the entire series might enduce burnout.
You may be able to get away with just getting through MGS3 to set you up for this title. Phantom Pain represents the culmination of Big Boss' arc which heavily effects Solid Snake, but might not be necessary to play that arc.

Every game now begins to drop cards after 2 hours due to a change related to the Steam refund system. Some games will have a fast drop rate after those 2 hours, others might take a couple hours more.

If you have multiple games to idle, you can save time by using idle-to-ready. It will idle games with drops simultaneously until they all have 2 hours registered (readying them for card drops), then you can use the Idle Master app after that.

Something may be up with drops -- I've been waiting on my last drop for this game for hours now.

Dr Dogg

No one should ever skip MGS3, never ever!

Peace Walker is a bit eh but you could skip past that and either watch the story segments on Youtube or something or read the Story Catch Up section in Ground Zeroes as well as playing that and be all set for The Phantom Pain.

Don't skip 3!!!

def sim

I agree that Snake Eater is all you need for Phantom Pain. Watch a summary video for the rest; I'm sure youtube has plenty of those.

Alternatively, if you're a premium member of Giant Bomb, you can watch playthroughs of the first four mainline games here.

Where can I get a MGS5 steam code? Anywhere selling one if I don't want to buy a video card.

Check the BST thread regularly. Someone just sold theirs for $35.

Arthea

Ah, I see. My mistake.

Maybe Steam is changing the idling rules again to something like this while scrapping the 2-hour delay:

/extremely wishful thinking

nope... it's not, I'm accidentally idling a game that was not prepared by idle to ready, noticed too late, and it's dropping cards after two hours, already 2 dropped.

Steam recently changed the droprate of cards, to only start dropping after 2 hours of gametime.

I'm kinda glad I've played ME3 on PS3, if it can be said that one can be glad at all that he or she played ME3... I'm not entirely sure.

you should embrace idle-to-ready before idlemaster, that's only way now and again thanks jshackles for making both.

Thanks guys, didn't know that.
And thanks to Jshackles of course, you're the man.

Jazz573

New info for Groupees JAST USA Bundle:

According to the group chat apparently School Days and My Girlfriend is the President are confirmed. Also, apparently either Steins;Gate or Yo-Jin-Bo will be in the bundle as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks guys, didn't know that.
And thanks to Jshackles of course, you're the man.

You're welcome! Also now that I've pushed out the newest version of Enhanced Steam last night, I'm looking at pushing out some changes to Idle Master that will include this functionality.

Arthea

According to the group chat apparently School Days and My Girlfriend is the President are confirmed. Also, apparently either Steins;Gate or Yo-Jin-Bo will be in the bundle as well.

that's too good to be true, more sounds like wishful thinking, but if true, wow

Nzyme32

No one should ever skip MGS3, never ever!

Peace Walker is a bit eh but you could skip past that and either watch the story segments on Youtube or something or read the Story Catch Up section in Ground Zeroes as well as playing that and be all set for The Phantom Pain.

Don't skip 3!!!

Yeah couldn't agree more. I was really apprehensive about 3 during it's opening but it got a lot better going through. I actually kinda like Peace Walker just for being a bit different. Not a fan of 4 and thought 2 was pretty meh.

def sim

Dang, y'all wanting to pay over $40 for a Phantom Pain code in the BST thread are getting ahead of yourselves. That's probably the price point GMG/Nuuvem will sell them at.

edit: wait it's just one person. herpes reasons, no!

MUnited83

For you.

Holy mother of fuck . the only way I see this happening is it being like 15$ minimum Tier.

inm8num2

nope... it's not, I'm accidentally idling a game that was not prepared by idle to ready, noticed too late, and it's dropping cards after two hours, already 2 dropped.

I know, I was just joking ("/extremely wishful thinking").

I do think that would be a better alternative, but I don't expect anything to change. It's a very minor inconvenience, and the idle-to-ready companion app takes care of it.

You're welcome! Also now that I've pushed out the newest version of Enhanced Steam last night, I'm looking at pushing out some changes to Idle Master that will include this functionality.

Sounds great - thanks as always for making the Steam experience better for us.

Dr Dogg

Yeah couldn't agree more. I was really apprehensive about 3 during it's opening but it got a lot better going through. I actually kinda like Peace Walker just for being a bit different. Not a fan of 4 and thought 2 was pretty meh.

I think the thing that is going to make or break some people over TPP is the Peace Walker mission structure and Mother Base resource/R&D elements. I hope it's not as grindy as that just to get new gear and weapons but at least TPP is a proper open world unlike a bunch of stitched together tiny rooms and maps just about the size that would fit into the PSP's memory. Oh and at least Mother Base actually exists so you can see the fruits of you labours XCOM style unlike Peace Walker which was just a 3D model that barely updated and menus, lots of menus.

Nzyme32

Dang, y'all wanting to pay over $40 for a Phantom Pain code in the BST thread are getting ahead of yourselves. That's probably the price point GMG/Nuuvem will sell them at.

This is what I am hoping for. Pretty much the only way I'll be able to get the game day 1. £60 is such an absurd price

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't even know that was a thing. Sounds... boring?

LOL yeah that's probably about how it would go. IDK, it's always been one of those things that, for me at least, I'd probably get too nervous actually doing it.

actually "let's code" videos can be quite riveting: https://www.youtube.com/user/handmadeheroarchive/videos

if you have the time and brainspace those videos are fascinating and very mentally taxing

i keep meaning to find a way to watch one a day but i ned to be pretty awake to really follow him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom