• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was like a samurai Shenmue, is that at all accurate?

It is more open. The game has like 20-25 different endings and story-paths.
In the game you arrive at this town first and depending what you do, you get another story. If you go to the police-station you might get another story-path than if you go to the mountain. It also has a time-system in place, so certain events only happen at certain times.
That is why a single playthrough isnt really that long (maybe 2-3 hours?), but after you played through it once, you just choose another story. It is what Mass Effect wants to be.

On another note: I bought the Talos DLC. Hope its good.

Eanan

Oh. The Talos Principe is about 5$ here in China right now. I will go to work, but if anyone wants it for like 6$ (stupid $-€ conversion rate) I could buy it today evening for them.

Id be interested in that man please, if possible. Its ROW as you said, which is surprising as I thought cross region gift trading was gone now. Maybe china is exempt?

Let me know when your available or want the paypal transfer, as its about midnight here so will be going to bed in the next 30mins to hour or so id say.

Arthea

WotS4 dlc are too expensive for me... especially mission ones.

WotS4 looked kinda like Yakuza in the Samurai era, though that was just my initial impression after skimming a gameplay video.

Yakuza is serious business, WotS4 is not! Although these do have some things in common.

Wanna guess what was first thing I did in WotS4?

Dr Dogg

Oh Rocket League so simple yet so awesome.

0CD3559C316291487ED93317FE5264D3D1C2D62E

This and a fair few others are popping up on the Steam Artwork section of the community hub.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So just finished MGS3, so now I'm done with the 3 first games and it's looking like I will get finished with my playthrough of the serie long before MGSV comes out.
At this point MGS3 is by far the best of the MGS games I've played, I enjoyed the two first but this was on a whole other level.
I'm really hoping the rest of the games in the series doesn't dissapoint me too much(Looking at you 4!).

I also just ordered a 970 (and a cpu cooler, overclocking here I come) which means I'll get MGSV soon.

Arthea

Oh Rocket League so simple yet so awesome.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/701784425307247869/0CD3559C316291487ED93317FE5264D3D1C2D62E/[/IMG

This and a fair few others are popping up on the Steam Artwork section of the community hub.[/QUOTE]

IDK, I don't need even gifs to show how awesome WotS4 is

[QUOTE][IMG]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/439450090601026271/A0881066A2737F3401E81A6A3D2F4FBD0AE040A8/

Rocket League looks awesome and fun, I'm still not buying it yet.

edited: why everybody forgets kiwi all the time?

You can just uninstall the Nvidia one but whether they clash with AMD ones I have no idea but I've got Intel Drivers on the PC I'm sat in front now and they live in harmony.

All driver bundles come with GeForce Experience so you'd be better off installing from a drive package than having GFE doing things (in fact I think it might go a bit wonky if you did depending on how Windows sees you card when installing it as new hardware). Obvs once it's setup you can use GFX to check for any updates but for a clean install I always go for the latest compatible drives off Nvidia's support site and go from there.

ok thanks!

Jawmuncher

So just finished MGS3, so now I'm done with the 3 first games and it's looking like I will get finished with my playthrough of the serie long before MGSV comes out.
At this point MGS3 is by far the best of the MGS games I've played, I enjoyed the two first but this was on a whole other level.
I'm really hoping the rest of the games in the series doesn't dissapoint me too much(Looking at you 4!).

I also just ordered a 970 (and a cpu cooler, overclocking here I come) which means I'll get MGSV soon.

Nothing can top MGS1 for me. I play that game yearly and get as engrossed in it as I was the first time.

No way anyone will sell MGSV at 20$. Should be easy to get it for around 30$ tho!
Will wait till 10
:(
Humble Simulators 4 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Out of the Park Baseball 15
  • Kill the Bad Guy
  • Real Boxing
TIER 2: 6$
  • Emergency 2014
  • Gnomoria
TIER 3: 10$
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Gnomoria is cool but not 6 buck cool.
Wonder if Wolfenstein TNO from this is uncensored and not runtime locked in Germany like last years QuakeCon bundle?
One year wait, huh? Was expecting 6 months.
That's neat.

Dr Dogg

WotS4 looked kinda like Yakuza in the Samurai era, though that was just my initial impression after skimming a gameplay video.

But will never see the light of day outside of Japan :(

IDK, I don't need even gifs to show how awesome WotS4 is

Rocket League looks awesome and fun, I'm still not buying it yet.

You'll crumble, everyone does eventually. Though are you still pretending you're not buying any games but secretly do?

ok thanks!

No probs!

gurm3n

Neo Member
I don't know if this has been posted, but apparently you can get access to the Total War: Arena closed beta by just registering as a United Kingdom player in the subscription site of the game (https://playarena.totalwar.com/). Maybe it just works with every country, but I tried this and it works.

Tenrius

is wots4 actually good or is it like a must buy all japanese games thing?

Not really. I played like 5-10 hours on the PS3 and felt it was enough. The game basically takes multiple branching paths from VNs and shoves them into a time-based sort of open world third person action game, while also adding an element of grinding to it. The combat is not very good, there's a lot of (occasionally) randomized sidequests and weird-ass minigames (try to get arrested and you'll see) and everything is super janky on multiple levels. Furthermore, grinding plays a pretty important role in all of this, as most things you earn in your playthrough (each lasts like an hour or two) carry over in the next one and there's a huge collection list you gotta complete: swords, fighting styles, titles, fish, some other things. So it's at has a Majora's Mask-like tempo in that regard: you do stuff, time passes, story unfolds, then the cycle ends and you start a new one with some things carried over (but as opposed to being embedded into the flow of the main game in Majora's Mask, here it's pretty much completely optional because each cycle is treated as a complete playthrough). Oh, and the story is not serious or historically accurate at all, it's kind of like weird anime.

It still has some appeal, but I'd rather call a curiosity than a genuinely good game. The first one on the PS2 was actually much better, at least from what I remember.

Fortunately, we have actual Yakuza games set in the Samurai era. I'd be a happier man if they weren't Japanese-only though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not really. I played like 5-10 hours on the PS3 and felt it was enough. The game basically takes multiple branching paths from VNs and shoves them into a time-based sort of open world third person action game, while also adding an element of grinding to it. The combat is not very good, there's a lot of (occasionally) randomized sidequests and weird-ass minigames (try to get arrested and you'll see) and everything is super janky on multiple levels. Furthermore, grinding plays a pretty important role in all of this, as most things you earn in your playthrough (each lasts like an hour or two) carry over in the next one and there's a huge collection list you gotta complete: swords, fighting styles, titles, fish, some other things. So it's at has a Majora's Mask-like tempo in that regard: you do stuff, time passes, story unfolds, then the cycle ends and you start a new one with some things carried over (but as opposed to being embedded into the flow of the main game in Majora's Mask, here it's pretty much completely optional because each cycle is treated as a complete playthrough). Oh, and the story is not serious or historically accurate at all, it's kind of like weird anime.

It still has some appeal, but I'd rather call a curiosity than a genuinely good game. The first one on the PS2 was actually much better, at least from what I remember.
yea this is what i'm afraid of

might as well just play the original on emulator :p

Tizoc

Oh. The Talos Principe is about 5$ here in China right now. I will go to work, but if anyone wants it for like 6$ (stupid $-€ conversion rate) I could buy it today evening for them.

How much is the new Talos DLC going for and is it region free? What other stuff are region free and cheaper compared to other regions?

1189463749040.jpg

Origins, Asylum, City, Knight

OK now that's just improper
X-7 = 19+X
X = 19+7+X
X = 26+X
That doesn't work that way, jeez...

Jazz573

There's going to be a three hour preorder period for the groupees bundle. Starting at 9 am PST/12 pm EST/5 pm GMT tomorrow. Also $3 - 2 games, $10 - 3 games, $20 - 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom