• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
sH4bMgn.jpg

Robot vs Birds Zombies
GOTY. Extremely original and unique.

Nzyme32

I think the thing that is going to make or break some people over TPP is the Peace Walker mission structure and Mother Base resource/R&D elements. I hope it's not as grindy as that just to get new gear and weapons but at least TPP is a proper open world unlike a bunch of stitched together tiny rooms and maps just about the size that would fit into the PSP's memory. Oh and at least Mother Base actually exists so you can see the fruits of you labours XCOM style unlike Peace Walker which was just a 3D model that barely updated and menus, lots of menus.

Yeah that's true. Hopefully they know how to balance it so you don't feel that it is grindy. Also I personally will be making a Mother Base Farm - no soldiers, just army of animals, hopefully pseudo-comandable, kind of like Jumanji. Also hoping they allow theme tunes for the helicopter and base. I'd be going for an Old Mcdonald remix - Old Man Big Boss:

# Old Man Big Boss had a farm,
La Li Lu Le Lo,
And on that farm there were some Kojima,
La Li Lu Le Lo,
With exposition here and exposition there,
Here exposition,
There exposition,
Everywhere exposition,
Old Man Big Boss had a farm
La Li Lu Le Lo. #

See I have the lyrics down and everything. I just need to be able to attach armaments to the animals

Is anyone having issues with Indie Gala? I forgot my password and tried to recover it, now every browser I try to use to visit the site gives me an access denied message. I don't even know I would contact support to fix it.

Chariot

New info for Groupees JAST USA Bundle:

According to the group chat apparently School Days and My Girlfriend is the President are confirmed. Also, apparently either Steins;Gate or Yo-Jin-Bo will be in the bundle as well.
My Girlfriend is the President! Holy Shit! Megatin, I was about to buy it last week. Steins;Gate would be weird already. Although I would appreciate it.

def sim

Peace Walker is even more important to GZ/TPP'S story than 3.

Sure, though I caught what I missed in a wikia and that was enough for me. I feel that knowing Big Boss' origin story first hand and reading up on the rest is better, if I had to choose.

Honestly, I did not enjoy playing through Peace Walker so that's influencing me greatly here.

Sure, though I caught what I missed in a wikia and that was enough for me. I feel that knowing Big Boss' origin story first hand and reading up on the rest is better, if I had to choose.

Honestly, I did not enjoy playing through Peace Walker so that's influencing me greatly here.

Well, if you can only play one I'd definitely recommend 3, best game in the series.

Jazz573

My Girlfriend is the President! Holy Shit! Megatin, I was about to buy it last week. Steins;Gate would be weird already. Although I would appreciate it.

I got fed up of waiting for Steins;Gate to come to Steam, so when RightStuf had a sale on JAST USA products, I picked it up. I've since played it, so I definitely don't regret doing that. I also picked up Eien no Aselia, which I still have yet to play.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey. My last video card was a 4850. I just got the opportunity to take a 770 2GB off someone's hands for free, which is great because I'm otherwise waiting for a sale on a 970. It's installed and I have the nVidia control center garbage installed. Is there anything I need to be doing (like opting into beta drivers or whatever else) before booting up a game to ensure good performance? Also, what are my options in terms of manually controlling the video card fans (ideally to be able to manually underclock the video card and run it as quietly and coolly as possible if it's not necessary) or is the video card smart enough not to hog power?

Dr Dogg

Hahaha Salsa getting accused of lying about his second day skills in the Rocket League OT and then posts his playtime and now he's the messiah!

Yeah that's true. Hopefully they know how to balance it so you don't feel that it is grindy. Also I personally will be making a Mother Base Farm - no soldiers, just army of animals, hopefully pseudo-comandable, kind of like Jumanji. Also hoping they allow theme tunes for the helicopter and base. I'd be going for an Old Mcdonald remix - Old Man Big Boss:

# Old Man Big Boss had a farm,
La Li Lu Le Lo,
And on that farm there were some Kojima,
La Li Lu Le Lo,
With exposition here and exposition there,
Here exposition,
There exposition,
Everywhere exposition,
Old Man Big Boss had a farm
La Li Lu Le Lo. #

See I have the lyrics down and everything. I just need to be able to attach armaments to the animals

Hahaha I wonder if you'll be able to look around Noah's Ark? I'm just going to Fulton everything in sight. I hope there isn't that stupid 100 Fulton's a mission limit again :(

Hey. My last video card was a 4850. I just got the opportunity to take a 770 2GB off someone's hands for free, which is great because I'm otherwise waiting for a sale on a 970. It's installed and I have the nVidia control center garbage installed. Is there anything I need to be doing (like opting into beta drivers or whatever else) before booting up a game to ensure good performance? Also, what are my options in terms of manually controlling the video card fans (ideally to be able to manually underclock the video card and run it as quietly and coolly as possible if it's not necessary) or is the video card smart enough not to hog power?

You can either install GeForce Experience and be nagged when new drivers come out or grab them for Nvidia's usual support site or geforce.com but generally drivers are coming out when a big new release is out and hotfixes applied automatically via GeForce experience.

Regards to setting you own custom fan curve you can use MSI Afterburner or set it via Nvidia Inspector but I personally do it via Afterburner as it's much more intuitive as I run a 1:1 fan curve up until 80 degrees where I have them set it 100% as that's the throttle point of my GPU. Plus it's also my one stop shop to overclocking and framerate limiting via a bundled application Riva Tuner Statistics Server. Inspector does allow you to alter properties to game profiles that are within the drivers. So if you wanted to enable adaptive vsync, change the power mode, inject anti aliasing etc are a bit more fleshed out than the settings in Nividia Control Panel as well as limiting framerates and other things not exposed by NVCP.

Regards to hogging power a 770 will downclock if you're not using it fully (for example Shovel Knight barely gets my GPU going but plays fine) but will ramp up when it needs to be used so they're pretty smart these days.

Linkies
http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience
http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Nvidia inspector to set graphic options; rivatuner/MSI afterburner to overclock and/or set fan speed.

Above all: uninstall old amd drivers with a driver removal tool. You can find it in the "new pc thread" in the community section (on mobile atm, sorry).

I just received a GTX 970 for my birthday, should I install the normal drivers and then the geforce experience or can I just install this last one?

Also Salsa, you're making me buy that game if you continue like that

Dr Dogg

When will it end?!?!?!

I know the internet love things that are played out to the power of 10 but surely Five Night's at Freddie's has had it's 15 minutes and then some?

I just received a GTX 970 for my birthday, should I install the normal drivers and then the geforce experience or can I just install this last one?

Personally I'd clean your system of all Nvidia drivers using Display Driver Unistaller as this gets rid of everything and wont take countless restarts.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then install your GPU and install the latest drivers from Nvidia's site.

L.O.R.D

not steam related , but i found this super funny

bAx9sUh.jpg

never knew that Xbox one is from Sony

i found this at SONY WORLD in my city
a detected shop for just SONY's products in the meddle east

oh , they also sell HP laptops

its very weird , i was their last week and they didn't have those stuff

Turfster

Gamesplanet summer sale dailies rolled over.
Remember Me 80% off, Lost planet 3 75% off, Revengeance 80% off, Batman Fruitbowl 75% off and more

Dr Dogg

Does the fruit bowl just contain Oranges or is that applicable to Asparagus and Clementines as well? Obviously Kumquat is still off the menu.

Caerith

Oh. The Talos Principe is about 5$ here in China right now. I will go to work, but if anyone wants it for like 6$ (stupid $-€ conversion rate) I could buy it today evening for them.

Dr Dogg

If only there was a citrus fruit begining with A (well there's an Amanatsu but I doubt anyone in here knows what they are) that everyone had heard of then it would all make perfect sense.

Revengeance for $6.21 ? bought
i already finished it on Xbox , but i will love to play it again on PC

Resolution-lock Nazis says it doesn't go above 1080p.
It's a terrible port.

James replied again, he said he'd like to get all of Ska's games on to Steam, though he thinks they mind end up as local mp only.

@Jameszila said:
@Jamezila 8 minutes ago
@corrosivefrost @skastudios Thanks! I'd like to get all of our games on Steam; might have to make all the multiplayer local-only though.

Oh. The Talos Principe is about 5$ here in China right now. I will go to work, but if anyone wants it for like 6$ (stupid $-€ conversion rate) I could buy it today evening for them.

How much is the new DLC?
I can't believe they want $15 for it currently.

Is that a ROW copy? I'm still not fully up-to-date with what regions allow ROW gifts.

If it is ROW I'll totally take a copy.

When will it end?!?!?!

I know the internet love things that are played out to the power of 10 but surely Five Night's at Freddie's has had it's 15 minutes and then some?

Personally I'd clean your system of all Nvidia drivers using Display Driver Unistaller as this gets rid of everything and wont take countless restarts.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then install your GPU and install the latest drivers from Nvidia's site.

yes of course, also speaking of DDU, can I just run it without uninstalling the previous AMD driver via the AMD tool?
And doesn't the geforce experience install the latest drivers too? Or is it best to install the driver first and then the experience?

Dr Dogg

yes of course, also speaking of DDU, can I just run it without uninstalling the previous AMD driver via the AMD tool?
And doesn't the geforce experience install the latest drivers too? Or is it best to install the driver first and then the experience?

You can just uninstall the Nvidia one but whether they clash with AMD ones I have no idea but I've got Intel Drivers on the PC I'm sat in front now and they live in harmony.

All driver bundles come with GeForce Experience so you'd be better off installing from a drive package than having GFE doing things (in fact I think it might go a bit wonky if you did depending on how Windows sees you card when installing it as new hardware). Obvs once it's setup you can use GFX to check for any updates but for a clean install I always go for the latest compatible drives off Nvidia's support site and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom