• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

i liked the first overlord

It was all right, but I remember it being somewhat disappointing. I didn't like that the core gameplay was more action than strategy and also thought that the tower was not as interesting as it could have been. It kinda draws inspiration from Pikmin and Dungeon Keeper, but doesn't really succeed in what made either game great (note that I played both of them after Overlord). Might as well give at another try though, last time I played it was around the original release date.

zkylon

zkylewd
I kind of want to check the B/S/T thread for GTA5...

....but I also have faith in Nuuvem.
unless it's fallout 4, in which case it's hilariously overprice for some unknown reason

and since nuuvem has always been alright i'll just pin it on bethesda being total dicks

It was all right, but I remember it being somewhat disappointing. I didn't like that the core gameplay was more action than strategy and also thought that the tower was not as interesting as it could have been. It kinda draws inspiration from Pikmin and Dungeon Keeper, but doesn't really succeed in what made either game great (note that I played both of them after Overlord). Might as well give at another try though, last time I played it was around the original release date.
i don't remember much of it but i remember finding the combat pretty well suited to my level of terrible-at-games-ness and also i think there was a treasure room or something and i love when you get to upgrade home bases

upgradeable home bases are like the best thing ever

Wish I had known about the 2hr return rule.

I bought Elite Dangerous, while fun to some extent, I decided it wasn't for me and started the return process the next morning after I purchased it.

Apparently I had 4 hrs of play time (I think at least half that was in the menus).

They wouldn't return the purchase. Oh well, I've learned my lesson.

Just beware of this policy for anyone who doesn't know.

L.O.R.D

then what the difference between the vita/PS3 version and the PC version ?

i found a site that sell physical copy , is there a digital one ?

Wish I had known about the 2hr return rule.

I bought Elite Dangerous, while fun to some extent, I decided it wasn't for me and started the return process the next morning after I purchased it.

Apparently I had 4 hrs of play time (I think at least half that was in the menus).

They wouldn't return the purchase. Oh well, I've learned my lesson.

Just beware of this policy for anyone who doesn't know.

I got a refund on a game I played for about 5 hours? Maybe the person who handled your case was a bit more fickle about the rules. D:

L.O.R.D

Physical copy of Windows version is available at RightStuf. I think JBOX/JLIST (a store for both import and non-import stuff, run by the people behind JAST USA) also carries it. Digital can be got at JAST's site, and also on JBOX.

jastusa and jlist is banned in my isp
only rightstufanime is working , but the shipment is really high , about 2 times the game it self ( not taking the other 40$ to ship to saudi arabia )
i can't found it on amazon

zkylon

zkylewd
Couldn't agree more. Gotta make a thread about this or something.

Well, actually I remember thinking it wasn't upgradeable enough.

what's your favorite upgradeable base thingie

the one i always go back to is suikoden 2's castle

filling it with so many cool characters and shops and minigames and getting the elevator working again and everything looking clean and new and the chef battles and everything

best shit everrrr

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm. How am I getting Team Fortress 2 items in my Steam inventory when I have never played the game?

OK now that's just improper
X-7 = 19+X
X = 19+7+X
X = 26+X
That doesn't work that way, jeez...

Too parallel lines, never meeting each other due to false assumptions.

L.O.R.D

anyone want to play Half Life on a watch ?

1353859217176366662.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnGscfbCz1g

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's impressive one can play Half-Life on a smart watch, but the first Valve game ported to that should be Monster Summer Game. Just imagine all the clicking on your watch you could do.

Promo items, for buying certain games?

Ah, that's it. I guess I just never paid attention to it before as suddenly I noticed 12 items in what I just assumed was empty this entire time.

anyone want to play Half Life on a watch ?

1353859217176366662.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnGscfbCz1g

Not 60 FPS locked, no sale.

Just kidding.

That's pretty cool.

It's impressive one can play Half-Life on a smart watch, but the first Valve game ported to that should be Monster Summer Game. Just imagine all the clicking on your watch you could do.

Ah, that's it. I guess I just never paid attention to it before as suddenly I noticed 12 items in what I just assumed was empty this entire time.

3 Half-life posts...

Half-life 3 confirmed! o_o

Jazz573

oh thanks
but is it the same as the vita version ?

In Japan the 360/PS3 version was the original, which was ported to PC. I'm pretty sure the English PS3/Vita version is based on the PC version. It also has a different opening movie. I have heard it has some text issues though.

Tenrius

filling it with so many cool characters and shops and minigames and getting the elevator working again and everything looking clean and new and the chef battles and everything

best shit everrrr

I actually didn't play Suikoden 2 yet (started the first one a while back, didn't finish yet), but it sounds awesome from what I've heard.

I like the keep thing in NWN2, it's not ideal, but it has a lot going to it. I also made a thread about it, check out my quick write up on what, in my opinion, makes these things good etc: Games with upgradeable home bases.

Can't think of much more examples at the moment, but I'm sure I'm just forgetting something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I got a hands on demo with the HTC Vive over on Navy Pier today! It's a long ass post so I won't xpost the whole thing here, but I'll add some fun snippets.

Full post here.

Rockin the doofy face

Underwater demo
My SO exploring the ship ended up on the left side peering over (I looked over the right side) and said the coral reef looked beautiful. When she heard the whale she turned and saw it, and when it got close she said she got really freaked out. It got near and she looked at how big its eye was and said for the rest of the time she turned away because she was too scared of the whale. A really cool thing she noticed is that when she turned away, she could still tell where the whale was because of the way it sounded in her headphones. So she was really impressed by the positional audio, as well as the massive size of the whale.

Also, my SO said she heard more than a few *thunks* against the wall next to her, so I guess she could hear me bumping into walls!

Atlas Demo
At this point you basically pull out Atlas's innards, which expand outward into a really long extension, something like 8 feet out, of all mechanical interworkings. They give you a lot of time to look at it and make it move. So I made it spin so all the machinery was moving like clockwork, then I went to the very tip, and moved my head through it, actually putting my vision directly inside and through all of the machinery. It was insane. There was so much detail, and it looked so complex.

This was probably the most impressive part for me. The side wall comes off and GladOs lowers down. She is MASSIVE! Oh my god! Was this section designed to scale? In the games you really don't appreciate just how large and intimidating GladOs truly is. I know it sounds strange but the scale here impressed me more than the whale from the first demo, because I felt like I had context here. I've never seen a whale up close in person (neither have I GladOs) but I have experience with GladOs. I've played and enjoyed the Portal games and I had never realized her true scale. I think the really fine detail combined with the familiarity made this part the most impactful for me. It felt scarily intense. I loved it.

Post demo experience thoughts

My SO was hesitant to try it, but I convinced her, even though she wasn't stoked about it. I'll recount my experience as well as hers as she told me about it.
I'm really grateful that we ended up in rooms right next to each other, because while I was playing I did hear my SO talking to the guide person, laughing, and sounding really enthralled by the stuff she was doing and seeing.

My SO finished a bit before me so she was waiting outside, but when I met her out there she told me she was really, really impressed, loved it and wanted us to get one. She said the whale one was her favorite and she would love to just put a rift on before bed every night and fall asleep just getting to look around at new beautiful nature worlds. She was saying she'd love for there to be more ocean ones, a jungle one, a desert one, and just all kinds of nature. She is really into the idea of us getting an apartment with an extra room that we can use exclusively for VR. I was really surprised but she went from mostly disinterested to 100% sold on it and really excited. We're talking about Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and considering which we should try to get, and when.

It was an awesome experience and I really wholly recommend that if you get the chance you take it.

Did a free weekend for a game or two just end? My game count dropped by two and I can never tell what it is, Steam should really expand on the account details page to show what was removed as well.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-19EED061FA281030 - Taken by derExperte. 3 entrants total.
Silent Service II -- MB-40CAC5EE7B48929B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Steel Storm: Complete Edition -- MB-0EFE54123499C1D2 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Anoxemia -- MB-20FA0EC180F8D51A - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey -- MB-15AAED7525D3DFDE - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
1942: The Pacific Air War -- MB-DB32C6929CC98F63 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-58391F72182C909C - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.
7th Legion -- MB-6290ACEBC472E5E1 - Taken by Knurek. 4 entrants total.
Across The Rhine -- MB-45E4FA36D89B3455 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-C7A5B66946DD6F77 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
F-19 Stealth Fighter -- MB-A8262B908788FEB4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th -- MB-BF2B339516C64D1B - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-C09CDD4C4F17DBF7 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition -- MB-EFD55ABB82774AE2 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1437700905z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually didn't play Suikoden 2 yet (started the first one a while back, didn't finish yet), but it sounds awesome from what I've heard.

I like the keep thing in NWN2, it's not ideal, but it has a lot going to it. I also made a thread about it, check out my quick write up on what, in my opinion, makes these things good etc: Games with upgradeable home bases.

Can't think of much more examples at the moment, but I'm sure I'm just forgetting something.
i think suikoden's the quintessential home base building game series because it does so much with it.

as a whole i think the feature most depends on how able you are to give your base character and make it grow, by the way of npcs showing up or making it look renewed or improved or different in general, or just be full of interesting new features and minigames and whatnot

sometimes it's really simple like the persona 3 dorms just showing that little bit of difference every day with the tv and new bits of dialogue and which characters are in their rooms and which ones are like hanging out in the lounge

and it's also a lot about familiarity and growing to know your home base so that you can actually notice those changes. you have to be forced to go back over and over so you get to appreciate and be surprised about the little new things, not just the big ones

it's hard to imagine a game that matches suikoden 2 in this aspect, even the latter suikoden games (which are awesome games in their own right, except 4 lol) felt disappointing to me in comparison.

but yea home bases rule, that feature is so criminally underused

Dryk

Played a bit of Spectra today (thanks again, Miguel81).The soundtrack in the game is pretty nice (it's by Chipzel who also did Super Hexagon, Size Does Matter, Interstellaria). Gameplay consists of collecting yellow cubes for points and avoiding obstacles on a twisting two lane track. I was playing with a controller and for some reason it was vibrating the whole time, lol. Haven't checked the settings in the game, if there are any, to turn it off yet. Overall, the game is pretty simple and easy to play so far.
I've been listening to the album for years and I never realised it was going to be a game OST... the progression in the album actually makes a lot more sense now. It's some of her best work.

I got a hands on demo with the HTC Vive over on Navy Pier today! It's a long ass post so I won't xpost the whole thing here, but I'll add some fun snippets.

Full post here.

Rockin the doofy face

Underwater demo

Atlas Demo

Post demo experience thoughts

I am jealous :(
How is the resolution. i just tried the Oculus DK1 and the resolution was the biggest problem. Can you still see the pixels or does it look clear?

Khronico

best shit everrrr

phil-dunphy-thumbsup.gif

Suiko 2 is sooooo good.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I am jealous :(
How is the resolution. i just tried the Oculus DK1 and the resolution was the biggest problem. Can you still see the pixels or does it look clear?

It was really clear for me. I wasn't explicitly looking for pixels, so I wasn't seeing them but if you're cognizant of it you might find some, I'm not really certain. In my short time with it (probably about 20 minutes) I held presence nearly constantly. Only time it broke was looking down and not seeing my legs, and me purposely pushing my hand through a table.

Sch1sm

BethesdaNet has launched

They're indeed on track in making their own gaming platform, aren't they?

No one cares about the consumer anymore.

It's like they don't know how much people hate uPlay.

There's an achievement in the Stanley Parable for not playing the game in five years.

I respect that.

I feel like a lot of players got this achievement the same way they got the "play all day on a Tuesday," one. Change time in BIOS, all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom