• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
DANMAKU UNLIMITED 3 is about to hit STEAM Greenlight folks!!! Show your support for this amazing shooter. The vine footage shows a big improvement in particle effects. Especially with bullet grazing. They are also bringing back BLANKFIELD to do the soundtrack. The second game got my vote for best Shmup AND soundtrack of 2013. Get Hype!!!

Here are some sneaky cam off-screen shots of the game:
CKjewiiUAAAumRH.jpg

CJ61lurUYAAuv5c.jpg

CFuoAG2UkAAQ6xA.png

Here's a clip of it in motion showing off hit, grazing, and explosion particles.

https://t.co/xbKF2RNZbf

It amazes me that these guys have to go through the Greenlight process again after producing such a fun shooter last time. I will buy this one at full price just like their last game.

Sch1sm

That game was constant anxiety on my end. The nightmare difficulty will probably kick my ass if I decide to replay it.

Your ass will be more than kicked.

I've been trying it on Nightmare over the past few weeks as I go through Evil Within again. I'm still stuck. The aliens AI is infinitely closer a range to your person at all times. It's a struggle from start to finish on that alone, forget the droids and the hostile humans.

Even knowing what's coming, I'm still a bit freaked by it. It's just that more likely to be caught out. Caution is not my strong point, is all I can say, so I've been meeting my end a lot this time around.

pahamrick

Dear Konami,

Please bring MGS 1 - 4 + PW to Steam next. I'd buy ports of those.

Also, stupid question time for anyone who might be able to answer. I've got the brightness / contrast pretty well dialed in perfectly on my TV. Gamma is not perfect, but it's pretty close to 2.2 across R/G/B.

Why is it that on some games, the brightness is perfect and I don't need to touch a thing but some other games the brightness is too high and the in-game slider doesn't go low enough to fix it so it requires me adjusting brightness via TV?

BHK3

Banned
In Final Fantasy Type-0 news, there may be a release date announced soon for the PC version. Dota just got a courier(chocobo) and a ward(moogle) added into it's files.

63a2df4027.jpg
6658843e64.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Also, stupid question time for anyone who might be able to answer. I've got the brightness / contrast pretty well dialed in perfectly on my TV. Gamma is not perfect, but it's pretty close to 2.2 across R/G/B.

Why is it that on some games, the brightness is perfect and I don't need to touch a thing but some other games the brightness is too high and the in-game slider doesn't go low enough to fix it so it requires me adjusting brightness via TV?

A lot of games aren't designed for the perfectly calibrated TV, they're designed for the black crushing television that is made to best watch movies.

If your TV has an option, it's helpful to set black level to "low" or whatever alternative you have which is basically forcing the 16-235 signal to expand across to 0-255. I know that it was helpful with Metal Gear games, because it seemed like MGS1, 2 and 3 were not designed with the full color range in mind.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ugh why did Wolfenstein: The Old Blood have to have "challenge maps" to add value that are literally just bits of the main game completely untouched in terms of enemy setups as far as I can tell with scoring tacked-on... and have achievements tied to them?

Jawmuncher

This SFV beta is so good on PS4. I've always wanted a loading circle screen saver for my PS4. I REALLY hope this is all sorted out for the PC beta, and that it runs smooth from day 1.

Ugh why did Wolfenstein: The Old Blood have to have "challenge maps" to add value that are literally just bits of the main game completely untouched in terms of enemy setups as far as I can tell with scoring tacked-on... and have achievements tied to them?

can't you just add the achievement yourself with some 3rd party tool if you really care that much?

Jawmuncher

Also I just beat Arkham Knight. I enjoyed my time with it, but I wouldn't say it was the best in the series. Batmobile tank mode kind of overstays its welcome. Really liked what they did with the story especially later on. But god damn whoever decided that the ending had to be tied to 100% completion is a jerk. I was not going to do all of those riddler markets.

pahamrick

A lot of games aren't designed for the perfectly calibrated TV, they're designed for the black crushing television that is made to best watch movies.

If your TV has an option, it's helpful to set black level to "low" or whatever alternative you have which is basically forcing the 16-235 signal to expand across to 0-255. I know that it was helpful with Metal Gear games, because it seemed like MGS1, 2 and 3 were not designed with the full color range in mind.

Thank you! I've got my TV and Computer set to Full, I'll try setting my TV to limited on those games and see how it works.

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too.

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
10 - Frecklestein
11 - Miguel81
12 - ExoSoul
? - Ruruja

Reposted for the new page
Good morning guys

Knurek

Thinking about that JAST bundle...
There are, like, four games I'd want out of their 18+ offering (Saya no Uta, Crescendo, LitleWitch Romanesque and School Days). Rest just seems terrible.
Not sure if worth the $8.
Kind of regretting not getting the first bundle, the $4 tier at least. Oh well...

Thinking about that JAST bundle...
There are, like, four games I'd want out of their 18+ offering (Saya no Uta, Crescendo, LitleWitch Romanesque and School Days). Rest just seems terrible.
Not sure if worth the $8.
Kind of regretting not getting the first bundle, the $4 tier at least. Oh well...

Would be cool if they offer a Steamkey for LittleWitch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
eh, whatever floats your boat then. don't see why you'd do something you don't like just cause you care about them achievements.

I'm not bothering with them, but I'm not going to stoop to the level of people who just give achievements to themselves. It's garbage content that they are trying to incentivize checking out and they are doing it in an irritating way (let's tie achievements to them so any completionist will take a look at them at the very minimum!).

Miguel81

It's odd that the non-deluxe Oblivion GOTY is still on Steam. There's no way to purchase the missing bits other than buying the Deluxe edition.

Uzzy

This SFV beta is so good on PS4. I've always wanted a loading circle screen saver for my PS4. I REALLY hope this is all sorted out for the PC beta, and that it runs smooth from day 1.

Just booted up Maximilian's stream and he's playing Ultra. Hilarious. Still, I suppose it's better they have a nice big glitch now than on day 1 on the launch.

There's an achievement in the Stanley Parable for not playing the game in five years.

I respect that.

Sure. But there's also an achievement that's just about impossible to get. I was not thrilled with that, especially since the dev kept changing the unlock conditions and stuff with every patch. Ugh.

DANMAKU UNLIMITED 3 is about to hit STEAM Greenlight folks!!! Show your support for this amazing shooter. The vine footage shows a big improvement in particle effects. Especially with bullet grazing. They are also bringing back BLANKFIELD to do the soundtrack. The second game got my vote for best Shmup AND soundtrack of 2013. Get Hype!!!

Here are some sneaky cam off-screen shots of the game:
CKjewiiUAAAumRH.jpg

CJ61lurUYAAuv5c.jpg

CFuoAG2UkAAQ6xA.png

Here's a clip of it in motion showing off hit, grazing, and explosion particles.

https://t.co/xbKF2RNZbf

It amazes me that these guys have to go through the Greenlight process again after producing such a fun shooter last time. I will buy this one at full price just like their last game.

Preach.

Sajjaja

Also I just beat Arkham Knight. I enjoyed my time with it, but I wouldn't say it was the best in the series. Batmobile tank mode kind of overstays its welcome. Really liked what they did with the story especially later on. But god damn whoever decided that the ending had to be tied to 100% completion is a jerk. I was not going to do all of those riddler markets.

Yeah. But don't worry, you're not missing much, it's best to Youtube it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom