• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
btw, fuck my ocd. I'm going to get all these dumb lockboxes in Sleeping Dogs. And most have the dumb safe minigame :/

derExperte

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/article/quakecon-sales/2015/07/13/8

If you’re looking to save on a specific series of games, be sure to keep tabs on the daily QuakeCon sales, too. Here’s the rundown.

7/23 – Elder Scrolls Day: Tamriel-sized discounts for all things Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.
7/24 – id Day: Party like you’re at the Con with savings on DOOM, QUAKE, RAGE, and Wolfenstein-related titles.
7/25 – The Evil Within & Dishonored Day: Celebrate the works of Tango Gameworks and Arkane with savings on the main game and DLC.
7/26 – Fallout Day: One of the biggest perks of the QuakeCon sale is an easy way to catch up on Fallout before the new game releases in November. Get Megaton savings on Fallout 1-3, New Vegas, and Fallout Tactics.

Adaptive vsync disables vsync when your framerate drops below your refresh rate and enables it when you can maintain 60Hz/60fps or your equivalent. It's intended for use in games within which you experience inconsistent performance, but you're better off trying to force triple buffering with the help of RivaTuner (Nvidia's own option has only ever applied to OpenGL specifically).

ok thanks jase

There's some weird graphical artifacts in GoT episode 2, which I presume is the byproduct of going for that painting look. At first I thought it was produced by unstable overclock, but no. The artifacts look less bad with AA off for some reason.

dex3108

7/25 – The Evil Within & Dishonored Day: Celebrate the works of Tango Gameworks and Arkane with savings on the main game and DLC.

giphy.gif

There's some weird graphical artifacts in GoT episode 2, which I presume is the byproduct of going for that painting look. At first I thought it was produced by unstable overclock, but no. The artifacts look less bad with AA off for some reason.

Yeah the effect can get really distracting at times.

Arthea

WotS4 dropped to 14th position in bestsellers list already, was third for a short time yesterday.

I checked steamspy numbers (yeah, I know it's a tad too early), shows 10,975 ± 2,639 owners.

Is the Quake collection missing Q4 everywhere or is it regional? Can be bought seperately though so I'm confused.

yup, not included

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
DANMAKU UNLIMITED 3 is about to hit STEAM Greenlight folks!!! Show your support for this amazing shooter. The vine footage shows a big improvement in particle effects. Especially with bullet grazing. They are also bringing back BLANKFIELD to do the soundtrack. The second game got my vote for best Shmup AND soundtrack of 2013. Get Hype!!!

Here are some sneaky cam off-screen shots of the game:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKjewiiUAAAumRH.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ61lurUYAAuv5c.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFuoAG2UkAAQ6xA.png

Here's a clip of it in motion showing off hit, grazing, and explosion particles.

https://t.co/xbKF2RNZbf

It amazes me that these guys have to go through the Greenlight process again after producing such a fun shooter last time. I will buy this one at full price just like their last game.

Nice, can't wait! :)

But yeah, pretty lame they have to use Greenlight again, makes no sense...

nope, we were told that it's not coming in July but not when it is coming...
magi_crying.gif

1012_frozen-last-breath.jpg

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I think I got mumble to work, now I just need someone to try to connect to it, hopefully it will work so we have a working voicechat for those who want to shittalk eachother when slicing them up in chivalry!

derExperte

I won't be voice-chatting but played a few as warm-up and already wonder why I didn't get into it when Chivalry was the new hot thing. Also how do I scream?

So, I installed several GB of updates (Win 8.1), but I can't see the "preorder Win 10" notification.
If I look for updates, Win says there are none, but I suppose I need to install other updates. I rebooted, but nothing appear. How can I proceed?

Use this tool - http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-the-windows-10-upgrade-icon-if-its-missing/

Fair warning though... It's just a batch file and it is from CNET but always be careful about running unknown applications. In this case I believe it modifies some registry entries.

The Quake bundle is the only thing I'm missing from their library but it hasn't had a decent discount since around the time Bethesda acquired id software. Here's hoping that changes today.

Arthea

Is that a good or bad thing?

we don't know yet, it's not reliable data, we should wait couple of weeks, then we'll know.
If those numbers are true, considering its price and discount and port being good (I had no problems with it at all so far), those numbers aren't too hot.

edited: talking about anecdotal evidence, those numbers probably aren't too much off, seeing that most people on my fl haven't bought it. Well, it is a silly game, so not for everybody, but price was good.

Knurek

we don't know yet, it's not reliable data, we should wait couple of weeks, then we'll know.
If those numbers are true, considering its price and discount and port being good (I had no problems with it at all so far), those numbers aren't too hot.

edited: talking about anecdotal evidence, those numbers probably aren't too much off, seeing that most people on my fl haven't bought it. Well, it is a silly game, so not for everybody, but price was good.

Do note that SteamSpy needs at least three days of sampling to have a valid data.

Knurek

yeah, that's why I said we need to wait some for more reliable data.
Only 3 days? I thought it was two weeks.

From SteamSpy's about page:

The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.

Forkball

Way of the Samurai 4 is a blast. Yes, it is JANKY as all hell, but it's endearing jank and not unplayable jank. There are a lot of interesting systems and hidden secrets in this game. I recommend playing though it once without knowing anything, then look up all the stuff you missed or had no idea that were in the game when you go for round two.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So my mumble server works now, if you want to add it to your chivalry post when you repost it ningen!

Quote to see the connection details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom