• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Can't believe I actually did it, and sold my Vita. PS1, Dreamcast and Gamecube are up next.

I also think that I'm gonna jump onto VR as early as I possibly can. Do anyone remember HTC and Valve's plans for their Vive release? Something of a limited release this fall, while they'll have a general release next spring?

Man
You sellin that ish NOW
But then a few months down the line
You'll regret what you did XP

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So the doom mp has loadouts, 2 gun limits and progression in mp :/

And the single player demos showed on E3 was far away from making me intrested in it, like that damn filter and long animations when melee attacking.

I don't like where this is going, I'm happy that shadow warrior 2 for singleplayer and UT4 for multiplayer comes relatively soon for people who is fans of fast-paced FPS games.

Pachimari

Thank you very much for this. :)

Man
You sellin that ish NOW
But then a few months down the line
You'll regret what you did XP

It'll be a burn, but I do it, because gaming eventually became more than just a hobby to me, it became an addiction I haven't been able to control, were I ended up prioritizing games over food, which is not a good idea. Hopefully this selling will help me on the right way. :)

KingKong

And the single player demos showed on E3 was far away from making me intrested in it, like that dman filter and long animations when melee attacking.

I don't like where this is going, I'm happy that shadow warrior 2 is a thing for singleplayer and UT4 for multiplayer comes relatively soon for people who is fans of fast-paced FPS games.

that game looks completely miserable and I don't know what people are expecting considering it's made by present day iD which are responsible for what, Rage? even those people might by gone by now

they should have given it to a small studio like they've done with Wolfenstein

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It was just wishful thinking really.

ah, thought it was more after one of the bigger gaming news sites put up that video of someone from HTC saying something about Valve working on a game for the vr(Which I think she said was portal, can't remember might have been she said just a game)

But she apologies after that IIRC.

hah, got my first ending in the Stanley Parable by just simply closing the door of the room the game starts in.

this game's humor is resonating with me a bit more than Jazzpunk's, which is the first game I thought of as soon as I loaded this up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't think I've seen anyone argue beyond the realm of wishful thinking that the demo is anything more. It's a single, small level, so bringing Portal 2 over to Source 2 and prettying up the assets where required would have made far more sense than designing the whole thing from the ground up. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't teasing more ApSci adventures, though, especially given how well-aligned ApSci being a madhouse of science is with the general idea of wanting to create an interesting experience for an emerging technology in the real world. Maybe F-STOP will live on after all. ;)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
hah, got my first ending in the Stanley Parable by just simply closing the door of the room the game starts in.

this game's humor is resonating with me a bit more than Jazzpunk's, which is the first game I thought of as soon as I loaded this up.

You should go for the broom closet ending, it's the best one.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

This comment sort of worries me

"I do believe that the three- to five-year time frame is when you're going to see prices come down

Maybe I'm just worrying too much but that makes it sound like the cost will be far outside the range of something like the original DK1 at $300. Here's hoping it's reasonable, but I know HTC makes some premium quality hardware but it might be a bit too premium of a cost

Grief.exe

Oh man, sold my Wii U collection yesterday, and is selling my PlayStation Vita collection (not Persona 4) today. I'm on a roll to become a PC only gamer lol.

Those are some good platforms, but I have to say you've made a better long-term decision.

And the single player demos showed on E3 was far away from making me intrested in it, like that damn filter and long animations when melee attacking.

I don't like where this is going, I'm happy that shadow warrior 2 for singleplayer and UT4 for multiplayer comes relatively soon for people who is fans of fast-paced FPS games.

AAA publishers always have to go after that mainstream audience to cover their overhead. The problem is the mainstream is generally too entrenched in Call of Duty.
I would cite the abysmal long-term concurrent user numbers over time for Halo 4 and Titanfall.

Maybe I'm just worrying too much but that makes it sound like the cost will be far outside the range of something like the original DK1 at $300. Here's hoping it's reasonable, but I know HTC makes some premium quality hardware but it might be a bit too premium of a cost

One of them has got to be the loss leader and get people in, VR is still such an unproven technology to the masses that $300+ price tags might be a big mistake.

Pachimari

Those are some good platforms, but I have to say you've made a better long-term decision.
As much as I love all of those platforms, I rather sell them as I didn't use them, and be able to pay off my debt - it feels so good when a debt is gone. And I already got 700 games for PC anyway. ^_^

ah, thought it was more after one of the bigger gaming news sites put up that video of someone from HTC saying something about Valve working on a game for the vr(Which I think she said was portal, can't remember might have been she said just a game)

But she apologies after that IIRC.

It was the then chairwoman now CEO. The reporter was really pushing her and she said they're working on Half-Life.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31692995
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31713715

Jeff Gattis said to expect a slightly higher price point, since it's a premium experience.

Pachimari

I'm just thinking what I should invest in, when it comes to my PC. I'll probably start out with cleaning tool, some more internal USB 3.0 ports and small stuff like that. But I would like a 27" monitor with 144hz, 1440p and G-sync. The three monitors I sit with now are crap. And then comes the Vive, and an upgrade to my GTX 780. This stuff is expensive lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So is idlemaster just acting up or do hidden games hide from your idling? Says I have 51 cards left but my steam page only says 17

There's a bug in the current version that calculates the remaining drops incorrectly. I'm hoping to have the new version ready to be pushed out this weekend - it will fix this bug as well as improve idling stability, idle multiple games at startup (til they hit the 2 hour mark), and more.

Dr Dogg

Think I'll go for a Noctua NH-D15... Has anyone 'ere had one? :p

No I have a NH D14 but check if your motherboard has 1 expansion slot clear to first PCI-e slot or your GPU or what ever you put in there will be touching. Backplate or not that's not not a good thing to be happening.

Maniac

Banned
I had the NH-D14. It served me well for 2.5ish years.

Is that a positive or a negative? :p

The D15 has a 6 year warranty, so that'll apparently last me atleast 6 years... Which makes it a whole lot more tempting. It'll be a tight fit with my Corsair Vengeance ram though, but I could always just mount the second fan on the back or raise it up, granted my case is deep enough.
I'm just thinking what I should invest in, when it comes to my PC. I'll probably start out with cleaning tool, some more internal USB 3.0 ports and small stuff like that. But I would like a 27" monitor with 144hz, 1440p and G-sync. The three monitors I sit with now are crap. And then comes the Vive, and an upgrade to my GTX 780. This stuff is expensive lol.

Well, you could always just do what console plebs do; be content with less.

And ofcourse you'd then have to be content with also paying more for the inferior versions of multiplatform games, but that's a whole 'nother story. :p

Pachimari

I can wait with the GPU upgrade, as I only just build my rig last year. And it was my first one, thanks to GAF. But I do want to finish up the small parts of it (more usb ports etc.) and add a G-sync monitor, and that'll be perfect.

But yeah, I'm content with what I have now. Those are just luxuries.

So, TI starts this week and will end 2 weeks later. Valve is not exhibiting at Gamescom. Chet will be there, but so will HTC with the Vive. If Valve were to release a new game this year an announcement should come really really soon. Before PAX Prime. But given they're busy with these other things, it's not likely to happen. They could make announcements for next year etc, maybe at HTC's October event, but would not surprise me if they didn't show up there at all.

People have been expecting L4D3 for these last 2 years lol.

Grief.exe

Don't jump right back into debt.

So, TI starts this week and will end 2 weeks later. Valve is not exhibiting at Gamescom. Chet will be there, but so will HTC with the Vive. If Valve were to release a new game this year an announcement should come really really soon. Before PAX Prime. But given they're busy with these other things, it's not likely to happen. They could make announcements for next year etc, maybe at HTC's October event, but would not surprise me if they didn't show up there at all.

People have been expecting L4D3 for these last 2 years lol.

Keeping fingers crossed for L4D3 announcement. We've been talking about its secret development for years now.

Maniac

Banned
No I have an NH D14 but check if your motherboard has 1 expansion slot clear to first PCI-e slot or your GPU or what ever you put in there will be touching. Backplate or not that's not not a good thing to be happening.

Good point. My GPU is already quite far down the case, quite close to the PSU (bottom facing fan on the PSU, ofcourse) so that shouldn't be an issue.

What may be a problem is my soundcard, though. I went for the Xonar Phoebus recently, and it uses one of those fancy teeny tiny PCI-e slots.

Quick edit; Just checked, turns out there's another PCI-e that's just one or two slots above my GPU, so seems all is fine. Now I just need monies.
Do you think L4D3 will be F2P?

That's doubtful. I'm personally entirely and utterly confident it'll have microtransactions though.

Jawmuncher

There's a bug in the current version that calculates the remaining drops incorrectly. I'm hoping to have the new version ready to be pushed out this weekend - it will fix this bug as well as improve idling stability, idle multiple games at startup (til they hit the 2 hour mark), and more.

ok cool, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

--------

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the CSGO route for L4D3. They know people will buy that one and they can keep getting money with skins and the like.

fantomena

Valve and their game announcements are almost like Benjamin Netanyahus talk about Irans nuclear bombs, he's been saying Iran is just a a month away from using nuclear bombs for 20 years.

Don't jump right back into debt.

I agree with this. When I started building mine, it took quite a few months to build up the parts. Basically just waiting for deals on things I needed and putting them in the closet. It was hell waiting that long, but I was able to save a ton of cash at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the CSGO route for L4D3. They know people will buy that one and they can keep getting money with skins and the like.

This is what I'm thinking as well, especially if it will be on consoles and really, no reason to skip them when it has an established fanbase on Xbox.

If L4D3 is still a thing that is, and they haven't shelved it in favor of VR :p The JIRA leaks are two years old after all, a lot can change and a lot did change since then.

Maniac

Banned
Nope but I have one comeing here within a couple of days.

Cool. Do let me know how it works out and if it's a hassle to install and all that jazz! I'm hopefully going to be able to buy one within two or three weeks if everything works out.

Edit: Although I kind of need a new screen aswell... And a proper Windows copy... I could use my brothers W7 Home Premium to get Windows 10, but then I wouldn't get Pro... And I've no idea just how annoying it'll be not being able to disable the updates.

So does anyone here have a clue how updates are going to work on W10 or how it works on W8? I hate the fact that it has the tendency to just pop up whilst you're in a full-screened game and then restart after 15 minutes on W7 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yeah, it was out of stock but it should be here by next friday, I'll be sure to update you about it by then.

Coolio!

I just remembered that my PSU is more or less dead and that I've been using one of my friends' for two months now. So I should probably buy a new PSU aswell... Does anyone have any suggestions? ;3 I'm thinking Corsair, but I've no idea what the general consensus regarding PSU's is nowadays. (I'll ask in the PC building thread aswell, of course.)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Cool. Do let me know how it works out and if it's a hassle to install and all that jazz! I'm hopefully going to be able to buy one within two or three weeks if everything works out.

yeah, it was out of stock but it should be here by next friday, I'll be sure to update you about it by then.

Edit: Although I kind of need a new screen aswell... And a proper Windows copy... I could use my brothers W7 Home Premium to get Windows 10, but then I wouldn't get Pro... And I've no idea just how annoying it'll be not being able to disable the updates.

So does anyone here have a clue how updates are going to work on W10 or how it works on W8? I hate the fact that it has the tendency to just pop up whilst you're in a full-screened game and then restart after 15 minutes on W7 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I urrhm... didn't use a legit windows 7 pro key when I installed win10 technical preview and now I somehow have a legit win10 pro key.

But I do not think that will work after the launch of win10, if it did microsoft would be pretty stupid.

Pachimari

I agree with this. When I started building mine, it took quite a few months to build up the parts. Basically just waiting for deals on things I needed and putting them in the closet. It was hell waiting that long, but I was able to save a ton of cash at the time.

Really good idea. I guess, I'm just afraid of the parts going out of stock or something. I'm not that experienced in the whole PC market, as I only build my first one last year.

I'd be afraid of the possibility that, by the time i acquured all the parts, those first great deals wouldn't be great deals anymore / may have dropped in price since then.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's exactly how I feel, 'cept for never playing Suikoden. Customisable bases / homes is one of my favourite things in games. If I ever make a game, I'll start with a customisable homebase / castle / dungeon / dimension / realm / hellscape / cave / village or whatever the hell it'll be, and go from there. :p

for the love of god, people, play suikoden 2

Also, you don't need to be on the best card right this moment. Today's best card will be next years really affordable and still pretty damn good card. And thanks to the latest batch of consoles being underpowered, the odds that your gfx card will be a damn fine card for at least 2-3 years (if not more) are pretty damn good.

I've been rocking a gtx 770 4gb card since December 2013 and still do not feel like i'm completely outdated. Even TW3 runs at +30 fps with just about everything maxed at 1080p. I probably wont update till after oculus launches so I hope that anything past the 970 will be pretty affordable by then.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

13DYcB6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom